Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Catherine was at EVO last(?) year. My favorite fighting game.

It came down to an Australian and an American so the crowd was just screaming USAUSAUSAUSAUSA and AUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sakurazuka posted:

The Megadrive one is decent-ish

That's very generous of you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

It came down to an Australian and an American so the crowd was just screaming USAUSAUSAUSAUSA and AUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUS

2 years running now, they have a Catherine side tourney. The game is really boring to watch to me but it's cool people are competitive in it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Were they chanting ay-you-ess or awse

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Killing Floor 2 is on PS+/is it good

(life is strange is there too which people should play)

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
when I was younger I felt it was the most important thing in life to convince people online that Smash Bros. was in the fighting genre

now I embrace the fact that genres are dead and that it's impossible to describe a game without referencing other games, and that's fine

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/869918642305204228

Later this year it will be changed to Vivendi's logo. :v:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol at the 80s logo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Looper posted:

Were they chanting ay-you-ess or awse

the individual letters, so everyone was basically just chanting the same letters in the same order.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

an actual dog posted:

lol at the 80s logo

It loving owns, and I'm not just talking because of fabricated 80s nostalgia.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

I was trying to think of an absurd companion to follow this which led to me imagining a version of competitive Sim City where the better you're doing the more disasters you can send to your opponent's town.

I continue to be surprised there isn't a sim city mmo.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

an actual dog posted:

lol at the 80s logo
Why they didn't use it in Blood Dragon is beyond me.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

WarpDogs posted:

now I embrace the fact that genres are dead and that it's impossible to describe a game without referencing other games, and that's fine

I just wanted to agree with this.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Snak posted:

Didn't the new Sim City have stuff like that? Or like try to lol

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

poo poo, the late 90s was such a poo poo time for logo design. Abysmal.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Well of course but you can only play Overcooked for so long.

I really want to play more of this with my wife but she complains that it's too stressful (they just introduced rats) and I'm like come on. We make a good team in most co-op games, but something about that ticking clock and the controls (which are hella basic) trip her up. What's worse is that Cook Serve Delicious is one of her favorite games and I don't think this is terribly different.

I'll th row out Chariot as a couch co-op game, I really can't recommend it enough and it's super fun to play with your SO.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The only thing I remember about the last SimCity was some games journo being like "If you think simcity could ever run offline YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!" and then it turns out it was like one line of code people edited out to make it run offline.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snak posted:

The problem imo with a persistent cities thing is that people seem to enjoy building cities a lot more than managing cities. Everyone seems to enjoy plotting out a city, watching it grow, and dealing with it's growing pains. Much fewer people seem to enjoy managing a fully developed city that isn't showing significant growth.

Basically most people would rather play as Builder Bob than the mayor, even though you are supposedly the mayor in these games.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Overcooked can be incredibly stressful.

My bestie and I got through it (and enjoyed it immensely) because we've worked in a several irl kitchens together, so our communication skills with regards to that type of coordination are pretty solid.

Poor communication in a game like that and people feel like they're being blaimed unfairly. Lots of people overestimate the clarity of their instructions and underestimate the complexity of tasks others are performing.

Edit: ^yeah, that's true, but have a persistent city just be like and upgrades type thing. Your "character", and have upgrades for it be unlocked by building daily and weekly cities.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Man that Ubisoft logo looks boring. What is up with businesses going super conservative with their visual branding? Is it as simple as wanting to get rid of color printing costs over millions of products, or is it secretly a great move to represent yourself with an image that says "I lack artistry and creativity"? I know there was some company that recently redid their logo and it came out to be their name in Helvetica or something. All I can think of is Crate & Barrel but I'm pretty sure that's always been bland.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

an actual dog posted:

Didn't the new Sim City have stuff like that? Or like try to lol

You could set up intercity trade but I don't think there was a way to make another player's experience worse than if they had not partnered with you. You certainly couldn't spawn disasters at them.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Anyway, all I see is:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Clean and simple logos have been the trend lately because geometric, simple designs are popular and feel safer and more accessible and even more handcrafted. Compare to their 90s logo which screams corporate these days.

It's a bit of a resurgence of the 70s era Saul Bass style design, which isn't a bad thing, but it can easily switch over into too simple.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man the game isn't even out yet and I've already spent a good chunk of my day listening to the Tekken 7 soundtrack

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It captures a sound I thought lost: searching "[favorite media property] + dubstep remix" on YouTube circa 2011

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

I remember the ending sucked but it was also one of the most beautiful games of that generation, like drat

I really liked the PoP reboot and was sad it didn't take but man that ending was bad. The funny part is it has pretty much the same ending as The Last of Us but LOU spends the entire game building up to that ending and PoP just throws it out there and one is one of the better video game endings ever and the other is one of the worst

exquisite tea posted:

The characters have unique movesets, combos, blocks, parries, cancels, and throws. The objective of each match is to get the other guy's health down to zero. It's a fighting game.

Next you're gonna be claiming that Smash Bros is a fighting game :rolleyes:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

glam rock hamhock posted:

I really liked the PoP reboot and was sad it didn't take but man that ending was bad. The funny part is it has pretty much the same ending as The Last of Us but LOU spends the entire game building up to that ending and PoP just throws it out there and one is one of the better video game endings ever and the other is one of the worst

Well that and it ends abruptly on blatant sequel bait, which is then followed up on by the DLC, which also ends abruptly on blatant sequel bait.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

haveblue posted:

I don't think there was a way to make another player's experience worse than if they had not partnered with you.

Reddit has you covered.

quote:

So you want to grief a public region, or maybe your friends? Well, just claim a city, or more, take out all bonds and spend it all on roads. The game will now go to pause because you don't have any money, and as you have no buildings, you have nothing to turn off, no income, only expenses for the bonds, and because the game is automatically paused, you can't receive any gifts from your neighbours.

Abandoning the city doesn't reset the economy in any way, so all you're left with is an unplayable area in the region. Do this to a lot of citys in the region, and you've successfully ruined the game for everybody.

quote:

Here's a another way to grief: Claim a lot. Use all available cash to buy as many bus depos as possible, quite a lot if you have access to the the 100k bonds. Fill them up with busses. Now all your buses will flood the neighboring cities causing massive gridlocks. I had a conga-line of buses in one city spanning an entire length of the map.

There was definitely more methods than these two that existed as well. It was possible to intentionally flood neighboring cities with pollution and/or crime with basically nothing they could to stop it other than deal with it on their end.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Even though I'll probably tune out as soon as E3 starts, I made a June thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822248

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

suuma posted:

I didn't know people still play Tekken.

e: by Tekken I mean fighting games in general

More people play fighting games than ever! You can also watch competitive tournaments more easily than ever too

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

Even though I'll probably tune out as soon as E3 starts, I made a June thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822248
And with that, we can put this one to bed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

Literally every discord I've been in has a NSFW channel

ff14-sa and sagamedev didn't have nws channels when i was there but hey :shrug:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

What's the worst PS2 game that can be beaten in a day, Games?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

To be clear, I mean like a solid day. Not two hours.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why does it have to be bad

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

idk, try to find out how long Forever Kingdom is?

Nobody can manage to finish it on howlongtobeat for me to be able to give an hour count, I just know it's bad.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Why does it have to be bad

reasons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Drakengard

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

ephemeral phantasia probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

a reminder that Forever Kingdom is the sequel to Evergrace

• Locked thread