Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I do alot of running and mountain biking, and for almost 45 I am fit as gently caress (very surprising as at one point in my life I really expected to be dead by now). For someone who can go through double digits of miles a day you might think I would have the legs of a greek god for the power and endurance but I do not. I have skinny Vettie legs, but at least they are tanned.

I've got the exact opposite problem where I have these real muscly man's man's legs and then withered thalidomide arms in comparison that gain no muscle mass no matter how much wrenching and hauling poo poo around I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I pretty much only work out at home with kettle bells and cardio. I had to force myself to do squats to not have tiny noodle legs.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Speaking of that my AC unit just died in my "gym"/smoking lounge.

So I get to fix that. And figure out why my sprinkler valve box wants to fill with water as soon as I turn it on.

loving responsibilities suck

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm a former speed skater who now is a server.

(sadly, the former did not make it any easier on my legs for standing on hard floors for long hours)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wuffles posted:

Weezy L. Hamilton

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Weezy HAM should be his stage name.

Bet we get more Weepy HAM this season tho

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

(sadly, the former did not make it any easier on my legs for standing on hard floors for long hours)

I was a server for a bit on the weekends and am 100% certain it hosed up my left knee and both hamstrings.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

simplefish posted:

Would love a source on this because it explains Lewheeze Hamilton and is a crazy thing to have done and yet so believable

It's true

It's dumb

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
It's too bad Malaysia isn't on the calendar this year with Hammy's lack of fitness. He could have DNF'd.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

dreesemonkey posted:

It's too bad Malaysia isn't on the calendar this year with Hammy's lack of fitness. He could have DNF'd.

October 1st :ssh:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

iospace posted:

I'm pretty sure 90% of my foot pain would go away if I lost weight.

Hell, just getting new insoles for my shoes this week made a huge impact.

In short, if you work on your feet, be kind to them.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Or: don't be fat.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Kilonum posted:

I'm pretty sure 90% of my foot pain would go away if I lost weight.

Hell, just getting new insoles for my shoes this week made a huge impact.

In short, if you work on your feet, be kind to them.

Superfeet are the pro-est insoles I've ever used.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Weezy L Hamilton and the L is for #blessed

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I miss #megajet

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

I miss #megajet

A simpler time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to reiterate how bad the 2017 Monaco GP was. Considering the other races were good (aside from Russia I guess) it's time to put a bullet in the head of this poo poo track IMO.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Human Grand Prix posted:

I would like to reiterate how bad the 2017 Monaco GP was. Considering the other races were good (aside from Russia I guess) it's time to put a bullet in the head of this poo poo track IMO.

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/impoverished-monte-carlo-family-forced-live-out-ra-52403

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Human Grand Prix posted:

If you want a ton of passing and poo poo in absolutely every race, we'll have nothing but mile wide Tilkedromes.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The full Global Fan Survey report is now up and ready for downroad. It's in PDF format.

https://f1survey.motorsport.com/

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

The full Global Fan Survey report is now up and ready for downroad. It's in PDF format.

https://f1survey.motorsport.com/

tl;dr: F1 fans are terrible

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

simplefish posted:

Would love a source on this because it explains Lewheeze Hamilton and is a crazy thing to have done and yet so believable

editing and emphasis mine:

BBC News posted:

Formula 1: Lewis Hamilton decides to race without a personal trainer

...the Briton said he chose to take over his own programme this year as "a kind of challenge" he has set himself.

"Can you have the motivation to do it yourself and get ready and tone up, not having a trainer and be ready? I have," the Mercedes driver said.

The 32-year-old added that he had upped his physical preparations to match the greater demands of this year's faster cars.

"Every year you try to improve, but I would say I have taken a good step," Hamilton said after the Australian Grand Prix at the weekend.

"My discipline has definitely gone up in terms of my training and how specific I am with my diet."

But he denied he had significantly changed his approach to F1 in terms of the amount of commitment he put in over the winter after losing out on the title to former team-mate Nico Rosberg last year.

"I don't think so," he said after finishing second to Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel in Melbourne on Sunday, adding that his hectic lifestyle of global travel was not a hindrance to his job.

"I work hard every year and I have been touring. I have not been home much. I have been enjoying myself.

"It appears people judge off things they see and in previous years I arrived at the first race just as fit. I always arrive fit and ready. None of those things I do are a distraction. I have done just as much this year; it is just I have a job to do. I have made sure the fitness levels are higher than before so for sure I have applied myself better."

And he said his desire to win the title was even bigger this season.

"I had fantastic fight the past few years and last year was the closest I've had," he said. "But of course I want to win the world championship more than ever before.

"The hunger… while last year [I felt] the hunger couldn't be any more, it has freakin' doubled. So I am fit and ready.

His hunger [for snacks] has freakin doubled you guys

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

enri posted:

tl;dr: F1 fans are terrible

Um, excuse me, but I present you exhibit A as a rebuttal...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=164503

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lewis would probably die if he tried either of the major 500s (Daytona or Indy) if that's the case :ughh:

Then again, Tony Stewart.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

If you want a ton of passing and poo poo in absolutely every race, we'll have nothing but mile wide Tilkedromes.

[Ben Kingsley]No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no![/Ben Kingsley]

loving rip up the aero shitbook. Aero is bad. Aero ruins overtaking formulae. Aero means shitlords like Newey dominate for four straight years. Aero compensates for a lack of loving talent.

The Monaco Grand Prix is supposed to be a wildcard - a GP that should be exciting because every driver has the opportunity to overtake because it's low speed. Now we have cars too wide that generate a poo poo ton of turbulent air and it means that qualifying basically dictates the result.

That is my worst thread shitpost for the evening.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Um, excuse me, but I present you exhibit A as a rebuttal...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=164503

My reaction reading those posts:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

When was Monaco ever a high passing track?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

iospace posted:

Lewis would probably die if he tried either of the major 500s (Daytona or Indy) if that's the case :ughh:

Then again, Tony Stewart.

He should hurry the hell up and try then

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Smoke took full advantage of his Burger King sponsorship.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Holy lol the new L'Oréal ad is basically Hamilton showing off his wicked rad new fitness regime without a PT

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Burger King is my bottom tier fast food burger place. I'd rather eat at a loving Lottoria.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sometimes you just gotta whopper, man.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Truth be told in my youth I worked at burger King.

Long story short: The manager was a massive dick and I quit by throwing my shirt in the deep fryer, and giving him the bird while leaving from an emergency exit.

That might slightly taint my view of Burger King.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Have it your way!

or not at all if you're Norns

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah replace monaco with a tilke drone in a poo poo country. This is a thing that idiots in this thread really believe.

Bring back Tony Montana.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

I quit by throwing my shirt in the deep fryer, and giving him the bird while leaving from an emergency exit.

:golfclap:

I guess I'm lucky enough that I don't have a massive dick for a manager, nor are the corporate people that bad either where I work.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

:golfclap:

I guess I'm lucky enough that I don't have a massive dick

they are alright

Aqualung
Oct 10, 2005

Don't worry guys, Ron knows the guy who drives the crane.

Oh wow this thread still exists. Memories.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bring back El Hefe.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Truth be told in my youth I worked at burger King.

Long story short: The manager was a massive dick and I quit by throwing my shirt in the deep fryer, and giving him the bird while leaving from an emergency exit.

That might slightly taint my view of Burger King.

Working in the back of a fast food place is one of three jobs in my life that I just outright quit because I wasn't being paid enough for the bullshit I had to put up with.

• Locked thread