Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

Me too, but only if his ghost keeps haunting Jimmy/Saul because Michael McKean is definitely one of the best things about this show.

I think if Kim doesn't die, she'll leave because Saul indirectly kills Chuck.

Actually I was just thinking - those lanterns Chuck uses - how safe are they indoors? I remember my dad had some kind of camping lantern we couldn't use inside of tents because of the CO2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ghostwritingduck posted:

I haven't been watching since the second episode this season. Have things picked up?

gently caress yes, this is honestly the best season of the show hands down at this point.

skull mask mcgee posted:

not really, no

Lies

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I bet Jimmy dies

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

I think if Kim doesn't die, she'll leave because Saul indirectly kills Chuck.

Why are people so freaking convinced that Kim or Chuck are going to die? For gently caress's sake. There's a million reasons they wouldn't have been on Breaking Bad and they could just be alienated from Saul. Hell he could still have a friendly relationship (but likely not an actual RELATIONSHIP) with Kim during that period, it's not like he'd dragged her in with loving meth dealers. We literally saw nothing about Saul's personal life in that period.

I feel like if half the posters that keep thinking this had creative control of Breaking Bad they'd been gung-ho about the "Walt accidentally kills Walt Jr. with a Jigsaw shotgun device in season 1" terrible idea.

ED: Also did Saul EVER come off like a haunted or broken man, even once, in BB? Even now, in hiding, he just misses those days. A lot of you are way too cliche in terms of what kind of tragedy to expect. I'm still hoping for a post-BB epilogue where he has to deal with all the people in his life.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 31, 2017

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I don't hope Kim dies but it's a distinct possibility.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

maskenfreiheit posted:

Actually I was just thinking - those lanterns Chuck uses - how safe are they indoors? I remember my dad had some kind of camping lantern we couldn't use inside of tents because of the CO2.

Chuck seems like the kind of guy who would remember to crack a window or two to dissipate the CO if he is using a lantern indoors.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

Well, it's repeatedly brought up in this show as a safety hazard, especially when Chuck was setting the latern near some old papers. Mike even took a photo of the unsafe latern, which was the lynchpin of Jimmy's disbarment defense..

Spellman
May 31, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

I don't hope Kim dies but it's a distinct possibility.

Nah. It has to at least be consistent with how Saul ends up in Breaking Bad. And the Saul in Breaking Bad doesn't look like a tortured soul. He's more like someone who let go of his old self. But a dead Kim or a dead Chuck would likely be deeply troubling to him for the rest of his life. I have no doubt he becomes cold and distant from Chuck, but I think if Jimmy truly harmed him, that he might not live it down.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
Sooooo...I would never condone this, but some hooligans might have uploaded Episode 8 to torrent, but with hardcoded Spanish subs. I guess this is one time where living on the *other* side of the wall ocean (actually Spain) is beneficial.

I imagine Saul celebrating Memorial Day with huge inflatable flailing arm things decked out in red, white and blue colors outside his office.

MarksMan fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 31, 2017

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Chuck's deffo gonna die before the end of the series I can't see it not happening.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MarksMan posted:

Sooooo...I would never condone this, but some hooligans might have uploaded Episode 8 to torrent, but with hardcoded Spanish subs. I guess this is one time where living on the *other* side of the wall is beneficial.

I imagine Saul celebrating Memorial Day with huge inflatable flailing arm things decked out in red, white and blue colors outside his office.

It aired on Movistar in Spain.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 31, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So is Spain just screwed next week or are they just going to air the same episode again?

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Platystemon posted:

It aired on Movistar in Spain.

Yeah I read that on private torrent site after I commented. Was too lazy to re-edit to clarify

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

So is Spain just screwed next week or are they just going to air the same episode again?

They get episode 9 next week, and the finale the week after that.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

They get episode 9 next week, and the finale the week after that.

I doubt AMC is going to be happy if they are airing episodes early.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

I doubt AMC is going to be happy if they are airing episodes early.

I'm not sure how it works for TV, but I know with US movies they release them in other markets a good bit before the US gets them.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

MarksMan posted:

Yeah I read that on private torrent site after I commented. Was too lazy to re-edit to clarify

https://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=472905239#post472881319

Welp, here's to weeks of leaks.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

Me too, but only if his ghost keeps haunting Jimmy/Saul because Michael McKean is definitely one of the best things about this show.

pretend i posted the "what if cbs produced breaking bad" image where gale's ghost explains the ricin cigarette here

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Chuck will be Saul's dark passenger.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
Wow...in New episode Chuck is talking to the doctor lady and questioning whether if his "disease" may not be real and what it means if it was not ALL this time. "If that's true, if it's not real, then what have I done?" Might be a huge turning point.

Also: literal "Slippin" Jimmy is back. That's all I'll say but it's great when someone tries to screw him over.

MarksMan fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 1, 2017

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Venuz Patrol posted:

pretend i posted the "what if cbs produced breaking bad" image where gale's ghost explains the ricin cigarette here

What's this? Google is failing me because Breaking Bad reruns are on CBS, and adding "Gale ghost" to my search isn't helping either.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I don't want Chuck to die. He needs to get better and become a Super Lawyer again. He will be waiting when Jimmy/Gene comes back.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

clown shoes posted:

I don't want Chuck to die. He needs to get better and become a Super Lawyer again. He will be waiting when Jimmy/Gene comes back.

Chuck should die.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

MarksMan posted:

Wow...in New episode Chuck is talking to the doctor lady and questioning whether if his "disease" may not be real and what it means if it was not ALL this time. "If that's true, if it's not real, then what have I done?" Might be a huge turning point.

Also: literal "Slippin" Jimmy is back. That's all I'll say but it's great when someone tries to screw him over.

Your edit is too much of a spoiler dude, be a man and black it out.
I think we're seeing all the progress Chuck has made just so it can get pulled away from him with the malpractice insurance news. Good on him for trying though, and accepting Jimmy's proof for what it was.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Chadzok posted:

Your edit is too much of a spoiler dude, be a man and black it out.
I think we're seeing all the progress Chuck has made just so it can get pulled away from him with the malpractice insurance news. Good on him for trying though, and accepting Jimmy's proof for what it was.

Not sure how it touches on my manhood and not sure I agree that it really spoils anything other than the obvious what the name means (still doesn't explain what or who) but I guess

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

maskenfreiheit posted:

Chuck should die.

:perfect:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I like that Michael McKean is basically Chuck on Curb Your Enthusiasm too

https://youtu.be/YkYyrl8AHz0

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
“My son has an office on the right hand of Jesus!”

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

God this show has great characters. Howard and Nacho are so incredibly well-realized and acted.

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make
Dunno if this was posted yet, but...

Behold! Saul vs. Chuck; the Phoenix Wright edition!!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah it was posted some pages ago but that's ok cause this is great

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

maskenfreiheit posted:

I like that Michael McKean is basically Chuck on Curb Your Enthusiasm too

https://youtu.be/YkYyrl8AHz0

Chuck working his way through law school as a State Trooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKtFIgmoqoI

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'm going crazy

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Every time someone turns the lights off for Chuck I think how they'd react to the Never Nudes from Arrested Development.

Imagine Chuck shouting out ,"There are dozens of us! Dozens!"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
It would be funny if Chuck decided to break bad and be shady with his brother but then got hit by a bus or something.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kim: "I hosed Chuck"
Jimmy: ">:S"

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Spellman posted:

Kim: "I hosed Chuck"
Jimmy: ">:S"

Well we can't say we haven't been asking for it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

Well we can't say we haven't been asking for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECfRp-jwbI4&t=7s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

MightyJoe36 posted:

Chuck working his way through law school as a State Trooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKtFIgmoqoI

I have to go back and re-watch this X-Files episode, which I'm sure has been mentioned a billion times in this and previous threads since VG wrote it. I was an avid watcher of X-Files when it was originally on the air though and I don't think I've seen it since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJnOtQAzO4

• Locked thread