Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

duz posted:

Remember how much the right wing noise machine complained when someone in the Game of Thrones prop dept said one of the fake heads they had laying around was of George W even though you could never tell because it had a wig and never faced the camera? They sure need a safe space.

I seem to remember that they got so many complaints about it that they had to CGI it out. It wasn't even facing the camera?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Nihilarian posted:

but enough about Trump

C'mon now, be fair, that head is in no way fat enough to realistically be Trump's.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Johnny Walker posted:

There are many things I hate about Trump, but I will never forgive him for forcing me to support Kathy Griffin.

You can still hate her because she's a coward who apologized for it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squashy Nipples posted:

I went to the National Restaurant Association (I HATE having to type the whole thing out, every time) big convention last week, and I had an interesting conversation with a vendor that makes kiosks and menu boards.

He said that in-store self-service kiosks were super hot 2-3 years ago, but that they have largely been a failure; usage rates are far below projections. Why? Well, you can group customers into two basic groups: those who want human interaction, and those who don't. So why haven't the latter been using the kiosks? Because they would much rather order before they get to the store, using a store-specific app. Therefore the mad rush to get custom ordering apps out, as kiosks languish.

The only ordering app that I regularly use is the Starbucks app, they did a great job with that.

Come back to the GWS chat thread, Squashy. Or the Industry thread. This would make a good post in either.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Zoloft Ben is right. Bike locks, nazi punching, fake beheadings...what's next, stabbing good samaritans to death on the train?

Hey everyone, Gorrell made an effort! Still C/P'd the head, but, baby steps!

Need to get me a keyboard that resembles an overturned jersey barrier.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Horsey thinks we should pander to rural bullshit. A Probably Accurate Cartoon.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Hey everyone, Gorrell made an effort! Still C/P'd the head, but, baby steps!

This is the first cartoon Gorrell has published since April 11.

And just for yucks, here is the one lone post on Gorrell's blog, in its entirety:

quote:

It has been a very hectic twenty years. After many distractions – some good, some bad, many of my own making – times have calmed and I’ve decided to refocus and more fully concentrate on my editorial cartooning and other creative efforts.

This new website design is one component of that. You’ll notice that there is no substantial archive of past cartoons included as I launch this revision. I want the sense of a clean slate going forward.

It feels good to start fresh. Everybody needs a “reset” once in a while, and perhaps this new beginning will motivate me to respect my craft and my work to an even greater degree than before.

We shall see . . .

Does Bob even enjoy cartooning? Drawing? Life?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

As long as "rural outreach" isn't code for "be more racist" I don't care if Democrats have to actually try to appeal to voters.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

That latuff is p funny

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Starshark posted:

I seem to remember that they got so many complaints about it that they had to CGI it out. It wasn't even facing the camera?

It was in profile.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

That Benson 'toon is just begging for a piss edit.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

D.N. Nation posted:

And just for yucks, here is the one lone post on Gorrell's blog, in its entirety:
Oh hey. Gorrell has actually drawn every single cartoon he published in 2017. All four of them, granted, but still.

And his criticism of Trump didn't quite devolve into "b-but, emails!", either. Good for him.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wow, Payne's art improved a lot!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I love it. :allears:
"We have awakened a sleeping covfefe."

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Sandpuppy posted:

Need to get me a keyboard that resembles an overturned jersey barrier.

Another Ted Rall comic, another weird-rear end titty

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's absolutely unconscionable that anyone would celebrate the murder of a sitting president in effigy.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Anyone got that awful gamer comic where Token Black Guy(tm) dreams of killing Obama at his inauguration?

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

What... Is this a parody? Does something here represent the national debt?

edit: I'm also held up here because so many people misuse "dog whistle politics" (like "false flag" above) that I am no longer sure what people actually loving mean when they use it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Anyone got that awful gamer comic where Token Black Guy(tm) dreams of killing Obama at his inauguration?

Electronic Tigers, I think? That guy was incredible, he also made that comic disproving evolution with yu gi oh cards and fell for a pyramid scheme selling "activated" water.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"Our kid got stupid."

He used to be a child prodigy but he was sent to an underfunded public school and came back talking like Forrest Gump.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Oh god don't tell me someone has hired him.

D.N. Nation posted:

Gorrell posted:

This new website design is one component of that. You’ll notice that there is no substantial archive of past cartoons included as I launch this revision. I want the sense of a clean slate going forward.

It feels good to start fresh. Everybody needs a “reset” once in a while, and perhaps this new beginning will motivate me to respect my craft and my work to an even greater degree than before.

We shall see . . .

Gorrell's entire career is something of a clean slate.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I mean, I agree with the message, but I've seen this exact joke several times before.

Lurdiak posted:

No, everything the left does is a huge failure and everything Trump does is a huge success.

Obama could cure death and Garrison would draw him slipping on a banana peel marked "stupid death cure".

"You didn't build that!"
"You're right, I'm useless."

Who did that one?

What crime did she commit?

Doc Hawkins posted:

I get bothered any time people mention something wrong with the National Prayer Breakfast which isn't "it is organized by a literal cult."

Doug Coe is a vampire.

Regalingualius posted:

That Benson 'toon is just begging for a piss edit.

Or Kelly holding a "whiskey sours" umbrella.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Woah.

This.... this author is still alive?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Woah.

That's Delonas from 2009. Delonas from 2017 seen above.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Potato Salad posted:

Woah.

Sean Delonas is alive and well, although he doesn't work for a newspaper anymore. The New York Post fired him a couple years ago (not for that cartoon) and he took a hiatus for a while after that.

He does the American cartoons that are grotesque like British cartoons.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jurgan posted:

"You didn't build that!"
"You're right, I'm useless."

Who did that one?

Rob Smith, Jr, Glenn Beck's cartoonist.

http://editorialexplanations.blogspot.co.il/2012/07/who-am-i-kidding-i-cant-build-cat.html

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Delonas has always been fond of drawing people he doesn't like as enormous-assed ogres, and here it should be noted that Delonas himself is a tad...husky

He also drew this masterpiece:

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 31, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ha. What a lost classic. So many of those horrific dweebs lost all will to 'toon during the second Obama term. I, erm, "miss" them.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Who's that in the barred window, and why isn't it "Sicko" Obama?

Quick reminder that this is the guy who compared the fossil record to Yugioh cards.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

MelvinBison posted:

Quick reminder that this is the guy who compared the fossil record to Yugioh cards.

And to this day I'm still not sure what his point was.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Starshark posted:

And to this day I'm still not sure what his point was.

Wasn't he trying to say that Yu-Gi-Oh cards were proof that evolution didn't exist?
"They're all just copies, man. Like, no matter how many times you make a copy, it's always gonna come out the same."

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

D.N. Nation posted:

Delonas has always been fond of drawing people he doesn't like as enormous-assed ogres, and here it should be noted that Delonas himself is a tad...husky

TBF, here's his self portrait on Cagle:

MelvinBison posted:

Who's that in the barred window, and why isn't it "Sicko" Obama?

Hard to tell, by my guess would be Anderson Cooper. She always does did the New Year's Eve show on CNN with him.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and Brexit negotiations – The Conservative leader mounted her strongest personal attack yet on Jeremy Corbyn, saying he is ‘not prepared’ for Brexit negotiations"

Bonus! Tribune magazine:[/b]

Independent:

Times:

Corbyn unable to give cost of childcare pledge in interview

Evening Standard:

Mail:
Mac on ... British Airways chaos

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Not that this is in any way a new trend (or even a partisan one) but man with all this poo poo going on in the world, domestically and abroad, every single loving day, this many cartoonists think the most pressing commentary is on a comedian making a joke they got offended by?
Like, out of everything, that's what needs attention. Not the state of international climate change agreements, or EU attitudes towards the US and UK.

Garrison posted:

We all know the nation is more divided than ever.
That's so weird, I thought Trump was going to unite the nation!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man why does Branco even waste time drawing if it's going to be the same message?

"MSM and anonymous sources won't stop being mean to the president":qq:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

the_steve posted:

Wasn't he trying to say that Yu-Gi-Oh cards were proof that evolution didn't exist?
"They're all just copies, man. Like, no matter how many times you make a copy, it's always gonna come out the same."

I thought he was saying "the fossil record only has as much diversity as a pack of Yu-Gi-Oh cards. You'd expect a lot more variety if evolution were real."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/demolitionblond/status/869658506194014208

The responses are all amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Not that this is in any way a new trend (or even a partisan one) but man with all this poo poo going on in the world, domestically and abroad, every single loving day, this many cartoonists think the most pressing commentary is on a comedian making a joke they got offended by?
Like, out of everything, that's what needs attention. Not the state of international climate change agreements, or EU attitudes towards the US and UK.

That's pretty much the same argument people pull out when some one complains about a comedian making a racist or sexist joke. People can be focused on many different things at once. And yeah they're also probably doing it to score cheap points or distract from Trump's garbage performance abroad, but that wouldn't change whether or not they're right for calling it egregious.

I mean, I agree the outrage is wrong. Defacing effigies of politicians is not particularly new and it's not like beheading has some particularly dark history in the US, unlike say lynching as political violence against black communities. But saying there's other poo poo to be mad about isn't a really good argument.

• Locked thread