Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Wasn't that an Atari game?

Technically it was arcade first, and lots of other systems later. I always enjoyed it. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haakman
May 5, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think it's a full do before the second do. More of a de.

So more like Doo de do do do doo doo? I would agree.

Debate was fun. Enjoyed Farron dropping that bomb at the end but, as always, :clegg:

haakman fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 31, 2017

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I don't understand this post.

It's a willy joke.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Lord_Adonis posted:

Does anyone here think that, should Labour win, they will be able to quietly put the Brexit process to bed by some political sleight of hand? I for one certainly hope that this talk of ''respecting the referendum result'' is simply an electoral tactic, and that with regards to the EU, sanity will be resumed with a Corbyn victory- after all, a sufficiently bad Brexit is likely to sink Labour's manifesto spending pledges when the pound tanks, trade deficit widens, inflation rises and tax receipts plummet.

Brexit is going to happen.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

haakman posted:

Doo de do do do doo doo?

June thread title.

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

OwlFancier posted:

They probably could but it would likely cost them an election as any win would likely be very fragile. I also rather doubt Corbyn would if he had any say in the matter.

So what are Brits like me, committed to remaining EU citizens supposed to do? Who, with any credibility, has our back (not Farron re: credibility)?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's simple. Think of a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain. Then imagine they drank bleach.

That's a Tory voter.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

TheRat posted:

Hell has official frozen over. We're in an alternate timeline where nothing makes sense anymore:
https://twitter.com/hilarybennmp/status/870016608399314944

If we've switched from the Darkest Timeline to an actually good one I am kind of ok with that. Who itt did the ritual and human sacrifice?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lord_Adonis posted:

So what are Brits like me, committed to remaining EU citizens supposed to do? Who, with any credibility, has our back (not Farron re: credibility)?

Cry?

I would suggest that regardless of Brexit a Labour government has your back far more than any of the other options.

Or I guess you could move to Germany.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/DeanCoombes/status/870028110665834497

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
As an American I burst out laughing when the Tory lady said Britain should use its influence to keep Trump from pulling the U.S. out of the Paris climate accords.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Lord_Adonis posted:

Does anyone here think that, should Labour win, they will be able to quietly put the Brexit process to bed by some political sleight of hand? I for one certainly hope that this talk of ''respecting the referendum result'' is simply an electoral tactic, and that with regards to the EU, sanity will be resumed with a Corbyn victory- after all, a sufficiently bad Brexit is likely to sink Labour's manifesto spending pledges when the pound tanks, trade deficit widens, inflation rises and tax receipts plummet.

Legally, yes - one of the few things that the EU have been pretty unanimous on is that a change of leadership would be one of the criteria that would let them stop the A50 process unilaterally.

Politically, gently caress no.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

feedmegin posted:

If we've switched from the Darkest Timeline to an actually good one I am kind of ok with that. Who itt did the ritual and human sacrifice?

Tories are still probably going to win.

But I would love it if we beat them.

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

Rakosi posted:

Brexit is going to happen.

Then the Labour manifesto (and Conservative manifesto) is not worth the paper it is written on- any party, whether Conservative or Labour will have no time for anything but managing the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I present to you the hottest of takes:
https://twitter.com/JamesCleverly/status/870031250530205698

Lord_Adonis posted:

Vote Labour and pray for a merciful brexit

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Lord_Adonis posted:

Do you remember Corbyn three-line whipped for the Article 50 vote right? He's not pro-EU. There's as many Tory MPs who are Remainers as Labour ones (including for example the Prime Minister) and nobody's quietly putting Brexit to bed there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lord_Adonis posted:

Then the Labour manifesto (and Conservative manifesto) is not worth the paper it is written on- any party, whether Conservative or Labour will have no time for anything but managing the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

Depends on the agreement negotiated. I would suggest that the tories are more likely to end up with a loving abysmal one than Labour is because they're clearly insane.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I think the YouGov polling will help ensure that Tory voters don't complacently fail to turn up on polling day.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Lord_Adonis posted:

Excuse me I think you'll find that projections for anything other than a GLORIOUS RED WHITE AND BLUE BREXIT are simply Project Fear

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Telegraph: Theresa May to abandon strategy of attacking Jeremy Corbyn

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

It's simple. Think of a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain. Then imagine they drank bleach.

That's a Tory voter.

The truly shocking thing is that the guardian found former SNP and Labour voters that looked at the Conservative manifesto, observed the chaos of this snap election, and decided that this is the year to be a first time Tory voter.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

*very favourable poll comes out*

This is bad for Jeremy Corbyn and Labour.

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

Hoops posted:

Do you remember Corbyn three-line whipped for the Article 50 vote right? He's not pro-EU. There's as many Tory MPs who are Remainers as Labour ones (including for example the Prime Minister) and nobody's quietly putting Brexit to bed there.

Most of the Tory remainers are fair weather remainers, or RINOs (Remainer in Name Only). Labour is full of true believers- both the membership and back benches. As for Corbyn, I wouldn't necessarily call him 'anti-EU', rather he is an 'EU Agnostic'.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

I think the YouGov polling will help ensure that Tory voters don't complacently fail to turn up on polling day.

That thinking didn't stop Brexit winning.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Pissflaps posted:

He says crossing his fingers

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Owlkill posted:

I just had a quick google of "WW2 monopoly set" and it looks like there might have been versions manufactured with wood and paper pieces in the war rather than metal, so maybe it was one of those and the story got somehow twisted to your grandparents donating the metal pieces directly rather than the manufacturer stopping using metal during wartime?

This suddenly rings a bell I think you are right. I am sorry to you for googling for me, other posters for doing the legwork to estimate how many spitfires my grandparent's board games could have helped build and indeed my parents who probably never told me that and I reimagined the story in a way that sounded cooler. Much like how I told all my school mates my dad was the same as james bond because, under intensive needling, he estimated that he was roughly equivalent to a commander in the royal navy in his position as a civilian scientist in the admiralty.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's like they don't realise how little time there is left.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Won't this just be handing Labour a huge opportunity to claim that the Tories have stopped attacking Corbyn because they know that what they're saying is bollocks?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

nobody else said it? okay, fine

#libdemfightback

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

Party Boat posted:

Excuse me I think you'll find that projections for anything other than a GLORIOUS RED WHITE AND BLUE BREXIT are simply Project Fear

Read my lips: This country cannot pay its way without access to the Single Market and Customs Union.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pissflaps posted:

Wow YouGov are either going to look like idiots or geniuses in a week's time.

Previously, on Pissflaps:

Pissflaps posted:

Nothing wrong with yougov as a polling company.

Pissflaps posted:

I don't disbelieve the polls.

Stay tuned for the exciting backpeda-

Pissflaps posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

It's like they don't realise how little time there is left.

I mean that could be bad if she manages to pull it off, though I'm torn between my cynicism saying she couldn't pull a cosy off a teapot if someone glued retro boosters to it, and my cynicism saying that she will manage it because it's the worst possible outcome.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lord_Adonis posted:

Single market access, which Labour is pushing for, gives you this, though? Leaving the EU but staying in the single market gives you freedom of movement.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/870032163084926976

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Previously, on Pissflaps:

Stay tuned for the exciting backpeda-

There's not a single contradiction in any of those posts.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Snipee posted:

The truly shocking thing is that the guardian found former SNP and Labour voters that looked at the Conservative manifesto, observed the chaos of this snap election, and decided that this is the year to be a first time Tory voter.

2 years since the last election, plenty of time for bleach to take effect.

Lord_Adonis
Mar 2, 2015

by Smythe

OwlFancier posted:

Depends on the agreement negotiated. I would suggest that the tories are more likely to end up with a loving abysmal one than Labour is because they're clearly insane.

I agree that Labour are more likely to negotiate a better deal than the Conservatives, which is one reason why I will vote Labour. However, I still have to wonder whether even a better Labour deal will be sufficient to prevent the economy from imploding.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lord_Adonis posted:

I agree that Labour are more likely to negotiate a better deal than the Conservatives, which is one reason why I will vote Labour. However, I still have to wonder whether even a better Labour deal will be sufficient to prevent the economy from imploding.

The economy has been imploding in slow motion for the past 10 years.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
David Davis on amber rudd's performance tonight:

I think she did incredibly well, she was... sober.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Emily Thornberry gatecrashing Dominic Green's interview is well worth a watch. You can just tell she is loving loving the opportunity to really lay into the Tories in a way that would never have been allowed in Milliband's day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skp86Yc84rw

• Locked thread