Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
Picked this up on PS4 today, looking for people to have some cheesy 80's B-Horror fun with. PSN: RageBeef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Just got this and joined the Jason Goonhees Steam group, steam name pharmaskittle

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Basebf555 posted:

That was always gonna happen, I didn't have any illusions about getting more than a few weeks out of this game to maybe a month at the most. It was fun while it lasted though!

Xbone version still having broken match making doesn't help. Glad it's so easy to find people to play private matches online.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
At least on release XBox was still using a beta version somehow, you could see the difference in the menu screens. DUnno if that's been fixed yet.

Just had a game where I silently hunted everybody down one by one, then since they were obviously having fun and being good sports about it I gave the last one a good chase and let them get away in the car at the last seconds. No poo poo talking, everybody cheering the dude on for getting away,. Game can be really fun when the DbD people aren't seeping in.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mister Bup posted:

At least on release XBox was still using a beta version somehow, you could see the difference in the menu screens. DUnno if that's been fixed yet.

Just had a game where I silently hunted everybody down one by one, then since they were obviously having fun and being good sports about it I gave the last one a good chase and let them get away in the car at the last seconds. No poo poo talking, everybody cheering the dude on for getting away,. Game can be really fun when the DbD people aren't seeping in.

Xbox version hasn't been patched yet. The devs claimed it was because a memorial day weekend work stoppage hold up and the patch was ready to go. Then one of the devs posted in the game reddit and made it seem like the patch isn't actually done. Hopefully match making works by the end of the week but who knows.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

So a number of folks have asked for a full run of my singing Jason gimmick, I went ahead and did it yesterday and got lucky enough to have some Twitch streamstar on there as well reacting to it. It wasn't as good as people mistaking it for gospel music but it was still pretty amusing.

My view is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B04AXaHkNhA here. Apologies for my many years old mic giving a static crackle in the background, there's not much I can do about that.

The streamer I happened to random into has her archive video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148420657. The match starts at 56:00. I wasn't able to hear most of her reactions to my 'chanting', as she puts it, and her chat also has a pretty what the gently caress reaction to it, so it's a decent watch.

This is cool and great and now I want this game more.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

My favorite Jason roleplay so far has been Angry Dad Arguing with Teens

"DO YOU THINK I'M MADE OF MONEY?" *smashes phone*

"DAAAAAAD, I GOT THIS JOB SO I COULD PAY FOR THAT PHONE" *fires flare gun*

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

joylessdivision posted:

We had a good game going last night. Look for Friday the Goonteenth in clubs.

If you manage to roll the map perk, it's a god send at the start of the match to know exactly where the major poo poo is.

My one perfect game as Jason I played totally silent and played more on scaring the poo poo out of everyone before going apeshit and murdering them all. Silent runs are super fun, but I do really enjoy a Jason who says something funny as he's chasing you.

I did one run where my Jason was proclaiming the good word of the lord.

"I just want to know if you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?" :murder:

It always seems like everyone from Friday the Goonteenth is in bed by the time I get on. Stupid Pacific time zone.

Also add us to the OP for Xbox: DG Stryker and MPhazard.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

Grey Fox posted:

My favorite Jason roleplay so far has been Angry Dad Arguing with Teens

"DO YOU THINK I'M MADE OF MONEY?" *smashes phone*

"DAAAAAAD, I GOT THIS JOB SO I COULD PAY FOR THAT PHONE" *fires flare gun*

Part 3 already looks like a father of three who just got home from his job at the transmission factory and just wants to go to sleep.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I like how someone gravitates to my speedy character who lights up the map for Jason. They have stealth or brains and I tell them that Jason is hunting me and they don't care. You pulled Jason on me? *sprints past you*

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The dudes saying this game feels like Last Night On Earth are totally on the money.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

AlliedBiscuit posted:

It always seems like everyone from Friday the Goonteenth is in bed by the time I get on. Stupid Pacific time zone.

Also add us to the OP for Xbox: DG Stryker and MPhazard.

Nice, more west coasters to play with. I'm pretty sure I shot you a friend request yesterday.

Oh yeah toss me in the OP for Xbox: Twiggystickboy

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

MacheteZombie posted:

Yo shout out to you. Was a blast playing with you last night. You saved my rear end a bunch.

Twas fun, the best was sneaking up on you when I was Jason tho. :discourse:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
What's up with people sounding the death knell already. :psyduck:

It's really fun watching the last survivor (AJ) with no escape options try her best to elude jason in the final minutes.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Basebf555 posted:

I'm not really optimistic about any substantial DLC being made though. The things I've heard them saying mostly seem to emphasize how this is the game they made and they feel its complete and don't expect that all of the sudden there's gonna be a whole Freddy Kreuger expansion or whatever. And it's not like there's an endless amount of Jason related stuff they can put in the game, almost every Jason incarnation is already there and I don't think adding new counselors is going to draw people back to the game months from now. Maybe if they added a ton of new kills, that would be something that could realistically happen and would also draw people.

New maps would probably be an easy sell, or new characters.

I want the weird dark area full of random sharp objects from Jason X.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

A. Beaverhausen posted:

What's up with people sounding the death knell already. :psyduck:

It's really fun watching the last survivor (AJ) with no escape options try her best to elude jason in the final minutes.

dead by daylight shills

Game's got great story potential. The need for randos to cooperate leads to a lot of crazy chases and shenanigans when everybody's having fun and not being so serious. Also when half the people don't leave as soon as they see Jason pants that aren't theirs. Had Jason last round, lost two right at the start, had a good time chasing everybody else. THey got the four-seater going and we had the classic "come on memers and streamers let's gently caress on the killer like it's DBD." Killed one and the rest got in the car, thought I had them but they pulled off and went off-road. Pretty spicy, they lost me legit.

Then I got ready to kill the two remaining and remembered that they left cuase they didn't get Jason. Leaver penalties pls

Trying to think of a good song to play if I decide to do a noisy Jason. Tiny Tim is the obvious choice but this Sons of Perdition Phil Collins cover is suitably spooky and foreboding.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Anyone who says this game is going to die hasn't seen the birdfeeder kill:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Managed to get the fireplace kill after a Chad betrayed another Chad. Man it's brutal!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Started the car, immediately bluescreened, and now I'm back and it's patching. OK.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
It has its issues, especially technical /server / database BS - but I can see this game being my "go to"

Matches take 20 minutes, it scratches the PvP itch, is fun and funny.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
I've been letting the final person go free as Jason now that I'm good enough to murder everyone, because it wouldn't be a Jason film without the final survivor. People get really mad over this. Bloody kids these days :argh:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

MadJackMcJack posted:

I've been letting the final person go free as Jason now that I'm good enough to murder everyone, because it wouldn't be a Jason film without the final survivor. People get really mad over this. Bloody kids these days :argh:

Hi there, I play video games so I can get really mad and frustrated over trivial things. It gives my life meaning, I guess.

Edit: Thinking on it more, people do this with all aspects of life and it's not just limited to video games. If you can't go with the flow and "lol," you're going to die of a heart attack around ages 54-62.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MadJackMcJack posted:

I make it clear that the final person will live if they can keep beating me in 1v1 Fox Only, Final Destination, No Items. Someone managed to put me down like 4 times and make the cops. It was a blast.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
1.9 gig patch. So I wonder what got changed.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

A. Beaverhausen posted:

1.9 gig patch. So I wonder what got changed.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1291817837616799985/

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

- Fixed issue where you can go from combat to sprint to crouch and have infinite stamina.
awesome
- Fixed a few areas where the player couldn't reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
fantastic
- Fixed an issue with the hiding spot exit code.
gorgeous
- Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
brilliant

i approve of this patch

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
So what are the main differences between the unpatched XBOX version and the others? I know the menus are different, what else?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Nothing is being saved at all.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

AlliedBiscuit posted:

So what are the main differences between the unpatched XBOX version and the others? I know the menus are different, what else?

Match making doesn't work. Some different assets. I think more bugs but not 100%.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
So many good-rear end changes in the new patch.

- Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
- Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.

These two are loving huge for surviving.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
gently caress it. Roll it back. It was a bad patch.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I've crashed twice since the patch (0 crashes before) and now it refuses to validate the Steam install, even with restart and reinstalling. Baaaaad patch.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

One of the streamers I'm watching while I work lost all of his perks. Be careful on this patch, fam.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons

This is the best.

weekly font posted:

One of the streamers I'm watching while I work lost all of his perks. Be careful on this patch, fam.

They could just look gone, like what was happening a few days ago.

E: Nevermind

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

weekly font posted:

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/870057136847548420

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
People are crashing like crazy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The rollback broke the game for both me and my girlfriend, the game just completely locks up when trying to connect to the servers now.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I was in a round last night where an AJ and I repaired the two-seater car. The AJ jumped into the driver's seat and I got in the passenger side. We sat there for a few seconds and then the guy says "Uh... want to switch places? I have no idea how to drive this thing." So we hopped out and switched and I peeled out. We didn't get very far before Jason morphed in and killed us.

So in the chat after the game, there was one guy who had spectated our shenanigans and this conversation ensued:

A: So... I have a question for the guy who jumped out of the car: what the gently caress were you doing, man?
B: I didn't know how to drive it.
A: How can you not know how to drive it? It's just R2/L2. It's just like Grand Theft Auto.
B: I've never played Grand Theft Auto.
A: *stunned silence* How have you never played Grand Theft Auto? Everyone's played Grand Theft Auto.
B: I haven't.
A: Are you serious? How many games have you played in your life? Everyone has Grand Theft Auto.
B: I mean, I own Grand Theft Auto but I've never actually played it.
A: WHAT?!
B: I bought it but I never actually put it into the system. I've had a lot of other games to play.
A: What game is more important than loving GRAND THEFT AUTO? Even my ten-year-old son wants to play Grand Theft Auto!
B: I don't know. I'm just more into other games.
A: WHAT?!

This went on for the entire time between matches.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"I dunno, it's just too violent for me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

The rollback broke the game for both me and my girlfriend, the game just completely locks up when trying to connect to the servers now.

Yup, same

• Locked thread