Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dragonatrix posted:

If all it takes to talk about something is a link, then sure.

New One Hit Wonderland!

This is one of those songs that I might vaguely remember hearing on a Tony Hawk game, but otherwise have no recollection of.

A lot of those pop-punk bands just kinda blended together after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Junior Jr. posted:

God this one was harsh, like really harsh, but THIS was the reality check Noah desperately needed.

I know I've already mentioned I used to be a fan of Spoony, since sometime around 2008, but seeing him turning into a lost cause, STILL bitching on Twitter and STILL not updating or keeping promises to his patrons has deeply broken my heart.

And to think I used to partially defend this guy after his tweet to JesuOtaku and feud with Lupa, when I never realised he's done worse poo poo than that...I mean my god.

Never have I grown such deep hatred towards this arsehole, but somehow he's so retarded that he can't take a hint that his fans don't want him doing boring livestreams and leeching off of their money and doing nothing productive in the process. Hell I even looked back at his last review when he teased future reviews of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and some Highlander film...and that was three years ago.

I've supported him even after his backlashes and that's already died out. Now after watching Internet Aristocrat/Mister Metokur's video, and Spoony's response to that wasn't "I should understand my fanbase used to care for me back then and I should address my current situation" but instead "why are people hating on me", he's confirmed to me that he's definitely a lost cause.

-

I know Noah will never see this post, hell he doesn't even have an SA account, but if he does...I want him to understand something.

Noah, you are a oval office, you are a loving scummy oval office.

When you were in your prime, myself and thousands of fans used to love watching your Final Fantasy reviews, Highlander rants, and the Ultima retrospective. You had fans who seriously gave a poo poo about your work inside and outside of Channel Awesome. We donated to your Patreon because we were your supporters and believed in you, no matter what poo poo you were in (even with Scarlett) we'd still be there for you.

So what did you do to your fans who followed you for 7 years? You treated them like poo poo, took their money and ran and barely updated your content! Not only that, you talked poo poo on livestreams, burned bridges with your CA peers, and ruined your credibility as a reviewer by loving tweeting non-stop, even as YOUR loving DOG FOR gently caress'S SAKE!

Is it any wonder why April is still putting up with your poo poo and you don't bring up Miles anymore?

And now look at you...all you do now is tweet about WWE, complain at people on social media, disable comments in your videos because you don't want to know what people really think of your work, do livestreams of games where you feel like you'd rather play them WITHOUT streaming them in the first place, have some weird plot in your last reviews that later went nowhere (gee I wonder why), have no use for your VHS board games that may as well clutter up your house, rely on Patreon for more money instead of getting a real job, and most importantly...you're COMPLETELY LEFT ON YOUR OWN because all your friends, fans, and collaborators have ABANDONED YOU!

I loving despise of you now, you're nothing but a loving scumbag. A part of me really doesn't want to believe that, but you've MADE ME believe it...I've yet to see an apology from you since you clearly hate your fans.

I was hoping, really hoping you'd come to your senses, do the right thing and tried to earn respect from your fans...but you BETRAYED them. I should've known better...and Lupa possibly did too.

Noah, you truly are a loving scummy oval office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEGVGqJEeCo

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Can we please stop quoting the giant frothy incoherent DEAR RICHARD NOAH letter from going on three pages back now in its entirety, maybe?

gently caress I wish the Ignore List applied to quotes too :mad:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Thompsons posted:

It's funny to me because it felt like when Elementary came out there were people being all "ugh a lame AMERICAN version of an English work :rolleyes:" and then BBC's Sherlock ended up being the one that poo poo the bed the hardest.

Elementary turned out to be a really good procedural crime drama :shobon:

Among its positive points: It has a male and female lead who never have a will-they-won't-they which is ridiculously rare for TV. It also takes the source material to heart and has a lot of really odd mysteries.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Thompsons posted:

It's funny to me because it felt like when Elementary came out there were people being all "ugh a lame AMERICAN version of an English work :rolleyes:" and then BBC's Sherlock ended up being the one that poo poo the bed the hardest.
Its cause its really boring, whereas Sherlock is a show that started out fun and exciting and turned into a car crash. I mean the last episode of Sherlock is one of the worst episodes of anything I've ever seen, but thats still more interesting than "generic American crime procedural with Sherlock Holmes".

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Woof, I only lasted two episodes into Sherlock, so if that's what counts as the good stuff, I shudder to imagine what the bad episodes are like.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Mr. Fowl posted:

Elementary turned out to be a really good procedural crime drama :shobon:

Among its positive points: It has a male and female lead who never have a will-they-won't-they which is ridiculously rare for TV. It also takes the source material to heart and has a lot of really odd mysteries.

Last I heard she was living in the Caribbean. I don't know why she would think that she could stay undercover as one of the most notorious serial killers of her country.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hahahaha

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Curse you, youtube!!!

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

As I'm exposed to more and more Spongebob shitposts and such, I'm really starting to regret not watching it as a kid.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know everybodys sick of it but that post reads so well in the tom kinny voice

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It's kind of the new Simpsons in that it has a devoted fanbase that grew up on it and knows every joke, and an eternal pale shadow continuing to release episodes nobody cares about on TV

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Beefstew posted:

As I'm exposed to more and more Spongebob shitposts and such, I'm really starting to regret not watching it as a kid.

This could just be nostalgia speaking but early Spongebob is honestly pretty good. Worth having around if you need to watch something with a younger relative/child at least.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Beefstew posted:

I did, but apparently I jumped out before the show got REALLY weird.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Genocyber posted:

This could just be nostalgia speaking but early Spongebob is honestly pretty good. Worth having around if you need to watch something with a younger relative/child at least.

It's not just nostalgia, the first few seasons of spongebob have some downright amazing comedy writing.
Also, Tom Kenny dressed as a pirate.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
spongebob was delightful until the movie, then its downturn was immediate and precipitous

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Oxxidation posted:

spongebob was delightful until the movie, then its downturn was immediate and precipitous

I actually have seen that first Spongebob Movie and it's fantastic.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

Its cause its really boring, whereas Sherlock is a show that started out fun and exciting and turned into a car crash. I mean the last episode of Sherlock is one of the worst episodes of anything I've ever seen, but thats still more interesting than "generic American crime procedural with Sherlock Holmes".

Define 'car crash'. I dropped out relatively early, and now I'm morbidly curious.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Beefstew posted:

I assume they meant after cause that's the same metric I use. Up to and including the movie Spongebob is great, it's after that that it turns into a weird Ren and Stimpy sort of gross-out show.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Beefstew posted:

Except for the disastrous re-casting of Neptune. How could they replace John 'O Hurley?! :arghfist::mad:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Oxxidation posted:

So just like every Nick show then.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Geez, BBC really don't want HBG to tell us why Sherlock is garbage, do they? I was looking forward to watching it before bed, too...

ETA: Ooh, I guess I'll listen to Kyle insult me via Shakespeare instead!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFbTYDjz_KM

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 1, 2017

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

New Videogame Show What I've Done!:toot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujPjwnH27DA

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Genocyber posted:

I assume they meant after cause that's the same metric I use. Up to and including the movie Spongebob is great, it's after that that it turns into a weird Ren and Stimpy sort of gross-out show.

FWIW, I actually thought the second movie from a couple years back was actually surprisingly solid for what it was (I imagine in no small part due to it being the only thing that Stephen Hillenburg's been directly involved in with the franchise since the first movie). Beyond that though, as Vosgian Beast mentioned, it's basically the Simpsons of children's animation and everything that entails, from the wonderfully written and well regarded golden years to the sharp and immediate downturn it would take for the rest of it's run.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 1, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hbomb's sherlock video is back for the moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Motto posted:

Downloading now

Actually, HBomber, is it possible to just post the uncut video file somewhere?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Haha wait did BBC only content claim the fuckin Jekyll bits? Please tell me in a video about you ripping into Dr Who and Sherlock their issue was 'wait...DID SOMEONE USE A CLIP FROM FAMOUS WET FART JEKYLL?"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I glanced at his Twitter and the claims per-upload have been really inconsistent. Apparently the BBC are just dicks about their automatic recognition.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yes, KKall, you should do Blackadder at some point. Half the first season is made of Shakespeare jokes, and it bleeds over into Blackadder II.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yes, KKall, you should do Blackadder at some point. Half the first season is made of Shakespeare jokes, and it bleeds over into Blackadder II.

And comes back round for a direct confrontation in the finale movie Blackadder: Back and Forth :allears:.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rory Fingers is pretty much the objectively best video game critic or internet critic or any kind of critic, really.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And comes back round for a direct confrontation in the finale movie Blackadder: Back and Forth :allears:.

gently caress Ken Brannagh.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Boy, Hbombguyver really hates Sherlock.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That secret fourth episode thing was wild.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

And the thing is, what Hbomberguy covers in the video is barely scratching the surface of that conspiracy. It's legitimately insane, and I love it.

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

Motto posted:

This was unexpectedly cathartic.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

3 minutes into the Sherlock video and it's already a 10/10

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

They pandered really hard to the Tumblr crowd.

edit: I'm glad that I never watched Doctor Who after Moffatt took over as the show runner. I'd rather remember his Doctor Who stuff as being things like the one in WW2 or Blink. Blink was pretty much the highpoint of Doctor Who for me since it had a shitload of atmosphere and was incredibly tense.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 1, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Testekill posted:

edit: I'm glad that I never watched Doctor Who after Moffatt took over as the show runner. I'd rather remember his Doctor Who stuff as being things like the one in WW2 or Blink. Blink was pretty much the highpoint of Doctor Who for me since it had a shitload of atmosphere and was incredibly tense.

While also hating that crowd, it's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Testekill posted:

Moffat's better for certain things. He's much better at building up to a season climax, especially compared to Davies, who would just occasionally provide lip service to something that won't make sense until the 2 part finally. The cracks are an important part of season 5 that affect the Doctor's journeys and, while there's still questions, the cracks themselves are wrapped up within the season (until Moffat retcons them 2 seasons later in one of the worst episodes that weren't outright offensive).

• Locked thread