Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

Hey, hey! I want to pick a fight with a guy with a way larger audience and platform than me! All because I got in trouble for pushing an absurd conspiracy theory pissed off the family of the victim! So it must be Colbert's fault!

Also picking a fight with a professional political comedian. Probably the best one at his genre, too.

I like how hate speech is perfectly acceptable under Trump but gently caress no not journalism. Up next: anything but Christianity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Sinteres posted:

Explaining that societies have a tendency to lurch hard right when civil order breaks down and there's violence in the streets isn't Nazi apologism, and the way you want to portray people who aren't Nazis as Nazi sympathizers makes me think you don't really give a poo poo if Antifa restricts their violence to Nazis.

:thunk:

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah right there with you

Grrrr, Capital One! If you stop advertising on my show I will go after Proctor & Gamble for advertising on Colbert! Then you'll see!

If anything wouldn't acting unhinged like that encourage more advertisers to drop Hannity.

I swear it's like the National Lampoon cover that where a guy holds a gun to a puppies head with the caption "Buy this magazine or the puppy gets it." except it's not satirical.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinteres posted:

Explaining that societies have a tendency to lurch hard right when civil order breaks down and there's violence in the streets isn't Nazi apologism, and the way you want to portray people who aren't Nazis as Nazi sympathizers makes me think you don't really give a poo poo if Antifa restricts their violence to Nazis.

I wouldn't shed any tears if Falangists, Arrow Cross sympathizers, Klansmen, Italian Fascists, etc. got their asses beat by Anne Tifa.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TARDISman posted:

Tilted my head to the side trying to understand this. Nope. Got nothing.

I assume he's comparing his situation to that time Colbert made a sex joke about Donald Trump. Because that's the same as spreading a crazy rear end conspiracy theory that pisses off the victim's family, is retracted by your network, and is only supported by a fugitive hacker who claims he has secret evidence he can't show you. But a different fugitive hacker than the one Hannity usually gets his conspiracies from.

So "if you liberals try to take me down I'll take Colbert down!"

Which is another funny aspect of this. Like liberals en masse will become terrified that they could lose Colbert. Sean Hannity's mind is a really curious thing.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Brainiac Five posted:

I wouldn't shed any tears if Falangists, Arrow Cross sympathizers, Klansmen, Italian Fascists, etc. got their asses beat by Anne Tifa.

You've been routinely wishing death on posters of all stripes for years, so no poo poo.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

My furious edging to the erotic possibility of Hannity's firing and the crippling of FOX continues.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Totally not a bot.

Constantly wondering if stupid or bot makes me feel gaslit.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinteres posted:

You've been routinely wishing death on posters of all stripes for years, so no poo poo.

Man, I'm curious about what would be so bad about a member of the KKK getting punched, to you.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Lightning Lord posted:

Constantly wondering if stupid or bot makes me feel gaslit.

The Turing test never anticipated twitter.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

You're really insufferable sometimes, you know.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Brainiac Five posted:

Man, I'm curious about what would be so bad about a member of the KKK getting punched, to you.

I'm glad when they get punched, but it obviously doesn't and won't end there.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

My hang up is what the hell does Hannity think he'll even get out of this, I mean, does he expect Colbert to do anything except laugh at him on his own show? Like, it took Colbert a year to troll Cheeto Benito into namedropping him and as far as I know he hasn't even really done anything remotely related to Hannity and he's trying to get into a slap fight with him.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Brainiac Five posted:

Only thing bad about that is you might hurt your hand.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

pacmania90 posted:

You're really insufferable sometimes, you know.

and you are?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Sinteres posted:

oh no, won't somebody please think of those poor klansmen

now let sinteres tell you about how emmett till had it coming

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

In a twist of fate, discovered to have voted illegally by Pence's task force and is deported.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinteres posted:

That's not obvious at all and your post presumes that racism is just an ordinary political belief.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Raylen posted:

I'm not totally anti-Antifa. I'm just against using violence to somehow force fascists to think differently. It's literally playing into their narrative of "Oh look at these violent extremists! We need more security and surveillance to take care of them!"

it's not to make them think differently

its to make them stop thinking

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Pretty sure some people very recently got their throats slashed trying to talk down a nazi.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

We hear about antifa all the time but where are SHARP? I feel like they're really dropping the ball.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Stairmaster posted:

silencing tactics used by white supremacists to shut down minority opinions: a ok by sinteres

what how dare you punch that nazi, you should debate them and validate their opinions

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stone cold posted:

oh no, won't somebody please think of those poor klansmen

now let sinteres tell you about how emmett till had it coming

I don't know how you got the idea that I was defending the Klan from saying I'm glad when they get hurt. It's almost like you're predisposed to viewing anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you as an enemy. Can't imagine why anyone would be suspicious of your call to violence.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Stairmaster posted:

Or, at the least, stop being nazis in public.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinteres posted:

I don't know how you got the idea that I was defending the Klan from saying I'm glad when they get hurt. It's almost like you're predisposed to viewing anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you as an enemy. Can't imagine why anyone would be suspicious of your call to violence.

Actually, she got the idea you were defending the Klan by insisting that violence against them necessarily justifies violence against other groups, which does, in fact, defend the Klan.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Pretty sure some people very recently got their throats slashed trying to talk down a nazi.

This is what I'm saying, this will probably make people much more likely to just deck a guy shouting threats and hate speech and beat the poo poo out of him rather than talk to him at all lest he pull this poo poo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TARDISman posted:

My hang up is what the hell does Hannity think he'll even get out of this, I mean, does he expect Colbert to do anything except laugh at him on his own show? Like, it took Colbert a year to troll Cheeto Benito into namedropping him and as far as I know he hasn't even really done anything remotely related to Hannity and he's trying to get into a slap fight with him.

In conservative land admission of wrong doing, regardless of facts, is weakness. Never admit you're wrong never look back.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stone cold posted:

silencing tactics used by white supremacists to shut down minority opinions: a ok by sinteres

what how dare you punch that nazi, you should debate them and validate their opinions

Yeah you can gently caress yourself. That's not what I said.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

dude when somebody publicly advocates "race realism", homosexual discrimination, xenophobia, reaction to women's rights, hanging of muslims and a good ol' dose of antisemitism

they are not exactly people to be swayed by reason and diplomatic conversation

as an aside, other countries come crashing down hard whenever there is a gently caress that spouses racist diatribes and arrest them, but i am a filthy foreigner and i will never understand how the gently caress your first amendment is so precious to allow rich white people poo poo on everybody and promote violence against everybody

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TARDISman posted:

He sincerely believes he has the power and moral righteousness to bring Colbert down for his totally out of line and worse crime. Like, he couldn't help keep his boss employed at his own network and was silenced by his network last week but he really and truly believes he need only speak up about Colbert's crimes and the truth shall win out. And then not only will justice be its own reward but all of Sean's enemies will know his strength.

Sean Hannity's nutso.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dmitri-9 posted:

It'll be harder to get Sessions because the FBI said it was okay to leave off meetings with dignitaries in his capacity as Senator when he filled out his security clearance. Obviously they were campaign meetings but that probably gives him enough wiggle room on any charges.

That'd only let him wiggle out of charges related to not disclosing those meetings. If he did illegal things in said meetings that's another matter entirely.

Not that it matters. Sessions is not getting ousted by a GOP held House and Senate. None of them are. Unless the Dems have a majority in both chambers and the GOP has openly turned against Trump nothing is going to happen to any of them.

Furnaceface posted:

Didnt Clinton have a pretty good track record as a senator, especially in regards to womens rights and access to education?

Yes but HER EMAILS AND ALSO LOOK AT ALL THIS TERRIBLE poo poo THE GOP HAS SAID ABOUT THE CLINTONS FOR DECADES HOW CAN WE TRUST HER??!?!

Mustached Demon posted:

Only thing bad about that is you might hurt your hand.

Learn to throw a proper punch.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Sinteres posted:

sinteres stars in: the unbearable guaitness of being

rated: no minority opinions allowed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Sinteres posted:

Yeah you can gently caress yourself. That's not what I said.

:thunk:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sinteres posted:

I mean, you can keep doubling down on this, for sure, but maybe, just maybe, you could consider that maybe your opinion is wrong and not based in reality? And that maybe you don't understand everything there is to understand with the way violence and political power interact, especially if you've just had the laughable education on the history of political change in the US that everyone who isn't a poli sci or history major in college gets?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I mean, you can keep doubling down on this, for sure, but maybe, just maybe, you could consider that maybe your opinion is wrong and not based in reality? And that maybe you don't understand everything there is to understand with the way violence and political power interact, especially if you've just had the laughable education on the history of political change in the US that everyone who isn't a poli sci or history major in college gets?

I was a poli sci major and studied political violence you condescending dick.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sinteres posted:

Just gonna throw this out here: it doesn't show in your posting.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Raylen posted:

Hmmm yes, let's use violence to stop the violence. That always works!

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinteres posted:

Getting your lunch money stolen by menacing anarchists doesn't count as "studying political violence".

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Sinteres posted:

so you just ignore kalyvas or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Stairmaster posted:

Are you calling for people to be murdered for thinking about things even if they are horrendous opinions? Because there's no other way to make people "stop thinking" besides killing them.

Yes, Trump is definitely the new Hitler getting the ovens ready.

• Locked thread