Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Who had that quote that went something like "You can judge a person by how they treat their inferiors"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

One of my Korean friends worked at a Korean restaurant in London and was assaulted by Korean tourists more than once because kimchi refills weren't free.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Well, I hate to say they had it coming, but...

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Kimchi refills not free is loving bullshit

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I dated this probably-bipolar Korean chick for way too long. She was very much a checklist tourist. She didn't tip and she was mortally afraid of black people. She would also collapse shrieking if she wasn't in sight of pavement. Also vaginismus.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

Who had that quote that went something like "You can judge a person by how they treat their inferiors"?

inferior, wow what a racist. I think you mean subordinate

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I dated a chinese girl for a while who had HK citizenship or whatever through the scheming of her businessman dad or something, and was very proud of the fact. She was realllly pretty, and absolutely nasty to just about everyone but me. It was fun for a while but we eventually went our separate ways.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Baronjutter posted:

If I was dating someone and they were rude to service workers that would be a deal breaker, if they were rude because they were racist that would be a double deal breaker. jesus

Agreed, but I don't know this woman and I wasn't there to witness the exchange, so IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!! I'm not gonna rag on some dude's girlfriend, ya know?

caberham posted:

Kimchi refills not free is loving bullshit

This is the rightest thing that anyone ever wrote.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
my hot take is that kimchi is a bad national dish for bad nations

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

it is cultural appropriation of chinese foods

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Stringent posted:

Well, I hate to say they had it coming, but...

Yea, like that is worth smacking someone over.

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
She wasn't a sneering capitalist from soviet propaganda or something, but she did change her tone of voice and manner of speaking to one that was a bit more brusque. When I asked her she said that it's Southeast Asia, they won't understand you if don't speak like that!

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I got a new phone recently and finally updated my Wechat since I was scared to do it after reading the hundreds of 1-star reviews for people being locked out of their accounts or never receiving notifications. It works just fine. I originally registered my account with an Indian phone number, so my sticker sets were limited to Indian stickers. I logged in with a Chinese phone number, and now have access to Chinese stickers. I saw this sticker set today...

LOL, yes.

TsarZiedonis posted:

Is Koreans being bad tourists a Thing? Because I just spent some time in Manila with my girlfriend on a work trip, and I definitely noticed the way she treated service staff. Like, her brusque attitude is great when she's telling a scammer to gently caress off, but it doesn't seem to change much even when a waiter or hotel staff is being genuinely nice to us. Maybe I'm just too sheltered?
I used to be close friends with a Filipina (who was in the process of immigrating to the US). She was an RN, but we worked together in retail while she waited for her legal status to take American nurse training and get US certified. She was so sweet and lovely at work or when we were hanging out together, but when we'd go out for eating or walking or shopping, she'd loving trash the place and treat everyone like diarrhea puddles. I told her "We hate when customers do this when we are working, so why would you do this to other people?" She replied "That's what they are paid to do. They get paid to clean up and be nice. What else can they do at their jobs?"

LOL. She wanted to be my girlfriend so bad, but I told her our cultural differences were too big. I really liked her too, but I could see she was a jerk in many other ways. Also, I didn't want those 40-heads-in-a-household Filipino families getting in my business.

Snowy posted:

I wanna see that watch
They're kids. It's a blue plastic watch that probably cost about 20 RMB. Nothing fancy, just something cheap all of the GAY CLUB members could buy.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Haier posted:

They're kids. It's a blue plastic watch that probably cost about 20 RMB. Nothing fancy, just something cheap all of the GAY CLUB members could buy.

C'mon Haier, even you can afford a gift like this https://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-necklace-best-friends-forever-4.html

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

hakimashou posted:

I dated a chinese girl for a while who had HK citizenship or whatever through the scheming of her businessman dad or something, and was very proud of the fact. She was realllly pretty, and absolutely nasty to just about everyone but me. It was fun for a while but we eventually went our separate ways.

I had friends at uni who became friends with a Hong Kong "daddy's princess" who was incredibly nice and generous to them and her immediate circle, but was a massive piece of poo poo to everyone else - especially anyone who worked what she considered a low ranking job. Hell, pretty much any person who worked, period.

I had always thought my friends were good people but they were willing to let themselves be blinded to what that girl was because she threw her dad's money around like water and they got to live her lifestyle when they were around her.

She got something like $10k a month allowance - and this was in the early 90s, so it was worth even more.

She tried to add me to her hangers on, but I called her a trash person and told her I wanted nothing to do with her. She lost her loving mind at me and I never spoke to her or those friends again.

No real loss.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 1, 2017

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Fauxtool posted:

inferior, wow what a racist. I think you mean subordinate

Nope

Earl of Chesterfield, 1748 posted:

The characteristic of a well-bred man is, to converse with his inferiors without insolence, and with his superiors with respect, and with ease.

In this context I think he's talking about servants, but probably a healthy dose of racist bigotry as well since it's the 1700's. In any case, even if you assume they are total racists, it would be a mark of good character to treat someone they consider inferior with the same dignity and and respect as someone they consider an equal.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 1, 2017

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Glenn Quebec posted:

Prob just fishing for the usual so he can go, lol poo poo American beer.

Now now, you dudes keep complaining it is poo poo - I don't know that, I've never been to the US. There's no joy in kicking the US dudes who are already suffering from all sorts of covfeve.

Czech Bud is good compared to the other stuff that you can buy here at an average supermarket. It's no divine nectar from a small brewery, or beer that would be considered great in CR or SK. Just ok or good beer.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2770137418.html

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Gorilla Salad posted:

I had always thought my friends were good people but they were willing to let themselves be blinded to what that girl was because she threw her dad's money around like water and they got to live her lifestyle when they were around her.
If you look at it that acting like a lovely yes-man at work to get paid and not get fired makes up a proportion of many people's job, then doing the same for free stuff or paid-for experiences with someone else is kinda not so bad.

But I feel someone young, rich, and spoiled is on another level of "making it hard to agree with your dumb rear end" yes-manship.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

JaucheCharly posted:

Now now, you dudes keep complaining it is poo poo - I don't know that, I've never been to the US. There's no joy in kicking the US dudes who are already suffering from all sorts of covfeve.

Czech Bud is good compared to the other stuff that you can buy here at an average supermarket. It's no divine nectar from a small brewery, or beer that would be considered great in CR or SK. Just ok or good beer.

American Budweiser is totally fine for mass produced rice lager. It's job is to be inoffensive to as many consumers as possible.

There are beers that are better and those that are worse. I'm guessing Chinese bathtub beer is the latter and not the former.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwtwZYDooY8

I haven't watched this, but the thousands of comments all in simplified Chinese give it credence. Hitting the "translate" button in Chrome makes it even better.
AMERICAN PROPAGANDA! LIES! RUMORS! CHAIR MAN MAO SO GREAT, USA JEALOUS!!!

爲了黑而黑真沒意思,三年大饑荒餓死三四千人,這個謠言早就不攻自破了,當時中國人口才五億,那就是說每十幾個人裏面就要餓死一個,那豈不是白骨遍地?
In order to black and really boring, three years of famine starved to death three or four thousand people, this rumor has long been self-defeating, when the Chinese population was 500 million, that is to say that every ten people will starve to death inside one, it would not Bone?

Terrible translation, but the point is there. 50 Cents has been deposited by Wechat Pay.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

I completely Approve of this, but only if Boss will not flip.

Haier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0

I haven't watched this, but the thousands of comments all in simplified Chinese give it credence. Hitting the "translate" button in Chrome makes it even better.
AMERICAN PROPAGANDA! LIES! RUMORS! CHAIR MAN MAO SO GREAT, USA JEALOUS!!!

爲了黑而黑真沒意思,三年大饑荒餓死三四千人,這個謠言早就不攻自破了,當時中國人口才五億,那就是說每十幾個人裏面就要餓死一個,那豈不是白骨遍地?
In order to black and really boring, three years of famine starved to death three or four thousand people, this rumor has long been self-defeating, when the Chinese population was 500 million, that is to say that every ten people will starve to death inside one, it would not Bone?

Terrible translation, but the point is there. 50 Cents has been deposited by Wechat Pay.

Let me correct that. There.

staberind fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 1, 2017

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

quote:

Oh please, it was a child performing on stage. Anyway pee is good for you. Many older Chinese people drink their own urine in the morning as a health tonic. Control your loving fingers first before posting your stupid ignorant responses. Google first for information!!!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

yeah and koreans drink poo poo

east asia ia a hosed up place

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
they drink... poo poo?

Edit: ew.

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/poop-wine-actually-thing/

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
In the West, you can buy those ultra probiotic elixirs where one spoonful is like having 20 yogurts or something. Anyway, they get the starter from human poop, but don't advertise that part. Also, your stomach acid just kills all the probiotics, so it's dumb.

Healing broken bones with wine is the same as that dumb Chinese bullshit about healing broken bones with tea. People are idiots.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Uh, sorry to continue the poop touching, but for people with bad intestinal flora, getting a nice poo poo infusion piped past your tummy is actually a thing.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

staberind posted:

Uh, sorry to continue the poop touching, but for people with bad intestinal flora, getting a nice poo poo infusion piped past your tummy is actually a thing.

Yeah but goes in the other way.

e: Also they are working on making intestinal faunas from scratch without the need for poop, that could be tailored to peoples needs.

It's actually a pretty big thing as the intestinal fauna probably plays a huge role in your health and risks of diseases from cancer, diabetes to celiac disease etc.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 1, 2017

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
There was a mouse study where the researchers made fat mice thin by replacing their gut flora with that from thin mice (and vice versa). What I am saying, fat goons, is eat thin-privleged poo poo.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

JacksAngryBiome posted:

There was a mouse study where the researchers made fat mice thin by replacing their gut flora with that from thin mice (and vice versa). What I am saying, fat goons, is eat thin-privleged poo poo.

mice_swap.avi

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jeoh posted:

yeah and koreans drink poo poo

east asia ia a hosed up place

you knowing this little nugget of information is like the least surprising thing ever

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
ur a little nugget

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The Great Autismo! posted:

you knowing this little nugget of information is like the least surprising thing ever

koreans love your posts

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JaucheCharly posted:

Czechs have a serious fixation on Pilsner Urqell so

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jeoh posted:

koreans love your posts

That's racist af.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
don't mind me, just going to knit a sweater for little peng peng

https://my.mixtape.moe/gmqqdm.mp4

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Yeah, she got lucky. Don't gently caress about with camels. They're like smarter, uglier bad tempered horses.

Poor UHGGHHIURAAHHHH, thought of ants and stomped you to death.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/shimla/trump-decides-to-stop-aiding-tibet-reverses-decade-old-policy/articleshow/58864516.cms

quote:

DHARAMSHALA: US President Donald Trump has left Tibetans in a shock after proposing zero aid to Tibet in 2018 at a juncture where efforts were underway to arrange a meeting of Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama and the US President, on Friday.
A Tibetan social entrepreneur in exile, Lobsang Wangyal said Trump could be expecting a thaw in US-China relations by cutting funding to exiled Tibetans, but to slash funds for an anguished community is robbing them of the hopes they have in their lives as well as the trust they place in the United States and the western world. "The move is contrary to American ideals of freedom, equality, and justice. Time will tell if Trump's policy is really in line with his 'Make America Great Again'," he said.
R.I.P.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why are they taken the camel's hair? Because it's free ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Because no why.

• Locked thread