Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I don't think anybody in this thread pisses me off nearly as much as Tinsley, and his comics are hilariously mild compared to the sort of content that gets posted here. But he somehow picks the most perfect words to be as simultaneously stupid and hateful as humanly possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

God Loves, Man Kills is such a great title (and story).

It is, but that cover was from Days of Future Past.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

No, everything the left does is a huge failure and everything Trump does is a huge success.

Obama could cure death and Garrison would draw him slipping on a banana peel marked "stupid death cure".

You joke but it's true. "Social security bankrupt due to Obama death cure." "Medicade, VFW, and other entitlement spending out of control." "Policemen required to carry death cure kits for use on heroin ODs a waste of taxpayer money." Etc...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Tinsley summing up the conservative argument line perfectly: white men are oppressed (and nobody else is).
"All that 'racism' you hear about minorities suffering isn't actually real. Neither is the 'oppression' they allegedly face. But everything minorities do that I don't like? That's REAL racism."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Surprise! It was a privately arranged separate event that students attend in addition to the main commencement, and is a thing done for or by black students at any number of universities. Has been for years. Not considered remotely controversial.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 1, 2017

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Discendo Vox posted:

Not considered remotely controversial.

until you create massive false equivalencies and bemoan over how 'if i held a whites-only graduation ceremony id get MURDERED BY LIBERALS'

which is exactly what happens

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if i ever found a genie lamp one of my wishes would be the eradication of the entire 'could you IMAGINE what would happen if THE OTHER SIDE tried doing this??!??!?!' mentality on all spectrums. it's an incredibly stupid thing to point out and it drives me crazy because it is the most 'pat your own back, gee don't we have it rough' bullshit in modern political discourse

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I'd probably wish for more honest introspection and empathy in the global population or something lovely like that.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Discendo Vox posted:

Surprise! It was a privately arranged separate event that students attend in addition to the main commencement, and is a thing done for or by black students at any number of universities. Has been for years. Not considered remotely controversial.

:qq: but WHITE STUDENTS couldn't hold a similar ALL WHITE event without people calling them racists! :qq:

^ Literally the conservative mindset.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

chairface posted:

:qq: but WHITE STUDENTS couldn't hold a similar ALL WHITE event without people calling them racists! :qq:

^ Literally the conservative mindset.

It is the same poo poo with the all female screening of Wonder Women shitheads were complaining about earlier in the week. They just don't get that oppressed groups like to do things with other members of their oppressed group to avoid their oppressors and to celebrate their accomplishments as a group. When white people want a whites only anything it is only because they hate non-whites. There is no other reason for it that I can think of. What is infuriating to me is just how many people buy this "woe is me, it's not fair I can't do whites/men/straights/etc only things" horseshit.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Is there a reason for a two week delay at this point outside of previous professional courtesy

Because every other competent cartoonist can put up a covfefe cartoon within 24 hours

If it takes two weeks for a political cartoon to be relevant, then maybe the slow paced ones aren't relevant ever outside of a past-themed echo chamber of ideas which reinforce lovely past talking points?

Idk I'm just spitballing the idea that everyone currently cartooning beyond a same-or-next-day basis should loving retire

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The only 2 week delays I can think of in this thread are Drinky Duck and possibly Prickly City - both of which are syndicated newspaper comic strips like Garfield, which through very strong custom or possibly contractual obligation have to have a backlog and therefore a delay. When Morrie Turner of Wee Pals died, his strip ran for another 6 months.
Heaven forefend anything get in the way of more great "covfefe" content though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Sometimes I think if you could someone fix equivalency arguments then racism would be fixed, either as a result or as a corollary.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SwitchbladeKult posted:

It is the same poo poo with the all female screening of Wonder Women shitheads were complaining about earlier in the week. They just don't get that oppressed groups like to do things with other members of their oppressed group to avoid their oppressors and to celebrate their accomplishments as a group. When white people want a whites only anything it is only because they hate non-whites. There is no other reason for it that I can think of. What is infuriating to me is just how many people buy this "woe is me, it's not fair I can't do whites/men/straights/etc only things" horseshit.

Racism/sexism/bigotry from whites and males doesn't exist to these people since if it did it would mean their "team" was bad. Le Bron just had a racial slur spray painted on his house and in the comments you can see tons of people working out ways that it's not racist since it just can't be or how the noose left in the African American museum in DC obviously is a false flag from BLM. Bigotry is fictional so obviously if a bunch of women want to see a movie without having dudes around or black people want their own event it's JUST as bad as segregation enforced by the justice system and armed police. This country has tried to white wash its history so badly that you have people that refuse to even consider reality.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

thecluckmeme posted:

Is there a reason for a two week delay at this point outside of previous professional courtesy

Because every other competent cartoonist can put up a covfefe cartoon within 24 hours

There's your answer right there.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

you have people that refuse to even consider reality.

If they considered reality, then they would have to abandon their conservative opinions pretty much entirely.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Hell yeah

I was gonna toss in that stone cold emote but it's gone?????

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Can confirm. Zephyrhills is pretty bad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not the most avid Pope-watcher but hasn't the current guy been making great strides in accepting condoms?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The opposite of reality.

All these literal religions that understand the bible like a literal text are outdated. In 2017 you can't go around and believe earth is 6000 years old. Is just too ignorant a opinion. And theres no need to. Is nice when religion and science are not pit against each other. It save some useless unproductive fighting. It only require to understand the bible like a moral compass and not literal things that happened.

All these protestant sects need to get out of the cavern and look at the new era we live, with computers, machines that flight to space and radiocarbon 14 dating.

Your religion sucks if have a problem with this wikipedia article:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm not the most avid Pope-watcher but hasn't the current guy been making great strides in accepting condoms?

Yeah but fidget spinners

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Squishy posted:

Not as great as should be done.
However, evolution has been accepted by the Vatican since 1950 and the big bang theory was first formulated by a Catholic priest, Georges Lemaitre, who also calculated expansion of the universe and the Hubble constant before Hubble did.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So is there any reason why fidget spinners are pissing off the old people beyond it's the new hip but silly toy in town?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I know teachers don't like them (and some schools here in Chicago have banned them) because they end up just distracting kids in class.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ramos posted:

So is there any reason why fidget spinners are pissing off the old people beyond it's the new hip but silly toy in town?

Because nerds have taken them to an obnoxious level. There's ones that are purposefully noisy, that have flashing lights, and other poo poo like that. If it was just the basic mostly-silent spinners, I doubt the olds would have even noticed. It's not like fidget cubes got much press from them.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Ramos posted:

Fidget spinners are pissing off the old people because it's the new hip but silly toy in town.

There.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Trapezium Dave posted:

I don't get the grassy knoll reference, unless it's a confession that Ramirez shot JFK.

"The media are obsessive conspiracy theorists who will push the Russia story without any evidence."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KillerQueen posted:

I know teachers don't like them (and some schools here in Chicago have banned them) because they end up just distracting kids in class.

My wife is a school counselor at a school that banned these and she says they're the worst possible fidget, in that they spin on their own. That means after the initial flick, you don't actually move your fingers around, like you would with any other fidget toy, but you do look down to watch it spin, and yes also they make noise and manufacturers trying to ride the gravy train while it lasts are trying to make them flashier for even more distraction factor.

That said I do kind of want one.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am the type of people that need a fidget spinners, but I don't have one.

Instead of playing with a spinner, I steal other people their pens. I don't use pens because I bought a computer in 1981 and since then I have become 100% digital and writing in a piece of paper is like caverns troglodytes technology.

So is like all pens in the office slowly migrate to my table.

And thats my story.

\/ \/ \/ \/

FishBulb posted:

They're kind of moderately fun and you can get them dirt cheap on Amazon from Chinese sellers. I don't see how they help with focus and stuff though. The cubes and what not kinda work, like it's fun to fiddle with then when I'm watching tv or something.

I dunno if they belong in schools though. Seems like another distraction.

It works like this:

imagine you want to pee, but you can't pee just now, so you need something to distract yourself from that feeling. That what a spinner do for a person that need a spinner. Except is not pee, is I don't know, wetware stuff.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 1, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They're kind of moderately fun and you can get them dirt cheap on Amazon from Chinese sellers. I don't see how they help with focus and stuff though. The cubes and what not kinda work, like it's fun to fiddle with then when I'm watching tv or something.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FishBulb posted:

At the beginning of the year, I allowed them in my classroom because a few kids with ADHD had them and it seemed to work for them. Then in the last month, everybody showed up with one and I had to start confiscating them because the kids would, for example, spin them and then drum them on desks or notebooks, they'd pop the bearings out and play with them, and of course the theft issue. So next year, if it's still a fad, I'm only allowing them for kids with a documented diagnosis and a parents' note.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

FishBulb posted:

People with ADHD can't sit still for long periods of time. Having something to do with their hands can keep them from being distracted.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jurgan posted:

People with ADHD can't sit still for long periods of time. Having something to do with their hands can keep them from being distracted.

Other fidgets work great for this; spinners don't really

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Here's a conservative cartoonist's take on the whole Russia mess:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Gen. Ripper posted:

Uh.... yes?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jurgan posted:

Yeah I know, I have ADHD, I take medicine for it. The spinners aren't that great at that, the cubes etc work better.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gen. Ripper posted:

Deep Hurting is not a conservative cartoonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Gen. Ripper posted:

This, but unironically and without being a Batman villain.

• Locked thread