Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Oh wow, I wasn't expecting her to be so... entrenched into this poo poo. Jeez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Holy crap I'm dying. This part at this timestamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwdps7yKV7k&t=23s

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

They were meant for each other.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Dude also just traded in his leased BMW for an $18k Corolla with all the fixins that without anyone else to use it will get at most 15 miles driven on it a week, and it sounded like he used her credit to do so. The hole is infinitely deep.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Psychepath posted:

Dude also just traded in his leased BMW for an $18k Corolla with all the fixins that without anyone else to use it will get at most 15 miles driven on it a week, and it sounded like he used her credit to do so. The hole is infinitely deep.

When will they be appearing on Judge Judy?

BULLSHIT, this Judge is bugged!

And the post trial interview can just be a clip of him staring into the camera "THANKS KOJIMA"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
lmao this new thread title. The saga of Phil Burnell needs to be archived it needs to be studied. I already have a title ready for it: This is how you DON'T make a living being a LPer!

Whaaat, you mean disclosing confidencial medical information about my girlfriend and trying to make her visit to the emergency room comedic would have her break up with me? How was I supposed to know that?! loving Kojima"

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 1, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Leal posted:

lmao this new thread title

Holy poo poo. :eyepop:

Leal posted:

Whaaat, you mean disclosing confidencial medical information about my girlfriend and trying to make her visit to the emergency room comedic would have her break up with me? How was I supposed to know that?! loving Kojima"

Never Be Relationship Over

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I wonder if the engagement was an attempt to save the relationship.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yeah, because that usually works out awesomely.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Yeah, because that usually works out awesomely.

At least they didn't try to make things better by having a baby.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
oh sure
He treats the breakup professionally now, but earlier he had no problem ranting about how much her anxiety attack bothered him.. (and not in a very selfless way)

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Phil already had a complete lack of self-awareness, and now that the only human contact he keeps is gone, the rate of how much worse it gets is only going to increase.

Part of me is worried for him, part of me is just looking on in disdain.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
https://i.imgur.com/ggAjW8t.mp4

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Don't forget, Leanna had a job. She was actually working. Now that income is out of Phil's hands.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've been watching his Rage-quit videos and honestly I've quit games out of frustration too but the differences are twofold - I intend to go back to some of them and try them again with a better grasp of the mechanics unless they are particularly bad, like I recently did with the OG Mirror's Edge, and also I DON'T STREAM THEM! I fail on my own time thankyouverymuch.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Leal posted:

Maybe Phil just needs to show the haters what for. Maybe a hate van he can pile them all into and dump them into the trash at the end of his streams, they'll learn to not do that again.

That doesn't work.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

That doesn't work.

Thats quitter talk

So lets get this list of people DSP has associated with and the result:

JohnRambo: Would have the guy drive across the state to do cocommentary, tried to screw him out of a 50/50 split because he "isn't getting the ad revenue information anymore". And if the commentary he did with Howard was any indication, John paid for his own gas and his own meals. DSP did not loving FEED the guy for driving all the way to his house! DSP threw him under the boss with the rest of the Project 7 guys, claiming they just cut contact

Project 7: Didn't want to pay anyone involved. He didn't pay Howard, he didn't pay John, he didn't pay Respect The Pack who DID THE EFFECTS FOR FREE. DSP took the money his patreons paid for P7 and said he got a sign from heaven to not do P7 anymore, then threw everyone invovled under the bus.

Machinama: "gently caress you Machinima!"

Banks: loving predators and profiteers *takes a loan out for a 4 bedroom house in a gated community, a BMW, keeps his condo in another state that he doesn't want to rent out*

Leanna's family: Stood up her brother's wedding to play Fallout 4

His local taxi cab: Wow dood stereotypical arabian drivers who can't speak english!

Youtube: They hosed me up the rear end again and its so far stretched out, they're a bunch of loving NERDS who aren't street smart and think they're hot poo poo with their harvard degree!

Mom and Dad: They didn't buy me the correct superhero figurine!

And finally, Leanna who he decided to try and make a hiii~larious event about his misadventures of seeing his fiance at the loving *emergency room* and she dumped his rear end. Currently waiting for him to throw her under the bus as well.

You really cannot come out ahead being involved with Phil in any way shape or form.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Leal posted:

So lets get this list of people DSP has associated with and the result:

You're forgetting the fans that built a $3000 dollar computer for him, only for him to call the computer a piece of poo poo cause the dumbass tried to play Rage at 1080p/60, while recording at the same time.

Edit: relevant reddit post:

quote:

he's capturing the game on the same PC he's using to play, via capture card - not an app like msi afterburner, dxtory or fraps. Let me break it down:
takes USB 3.0 capture card that records at 1080p/60fps
1080p/60fps requires ~ 356 MB/s write to disk speeds and usually 70% CPU load to capture on the fly. (This is a high quality capture from a capture card btw, not an encoded/compressed capture using FRAPS etc.)
Meanwhile, this genius is taking HDMI out, sticking it in the capture card, capturing on his PC, putting 70% load on his CPU, maxing out his SSD write speed and playing a game at the same time.
*slow clap*
now that, is some real peasantry.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 1, 2017

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Leal posted:

Project 7: Didn't want to pay anyone involved. He didn't pay Howard, he didn't pay John, he didn't pay Respect The Pack who DID THE EFFECTS FOR FREE. DSP took the money his patreons paid for P7 and said he got a sign from heaven to not do P7 anymore, then threw everyone invovled under the bus

Leanna's family: Stood up her brother's wedding to play Fallout 4

Holy poo poo, what the actual gently caress. Could someone elaborate these, because I cannot process this. He got signs from God and he stood up a wedding... because?!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

bman in 2288 posted:

Holy poo poo, what the actual gently caress. Could someone elaborate these, because I cannot process this. He got signs from God and he stood up a wedding... because?!

His reasoning for cancelling P7 was because he realized he wanted to "do it justice" and wanted to "do it right" and he had to get a proper camera for recordings and blah blah and at some point in the video he exclaims he got a sign from heaven saying "Phil, don't do project 7!" E: Then he assures his fans he'll put the money into other things to provide entertainment for his fans, and says "at least you know I'm not taking the money and running"

And yeah, he stood up the wedding so he could do Fallout 4 because it would bring him mad streamer cash. Here is a video that helps out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqOpsrU_I9c

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

bman in 2288 posted:

He stood up a wedding because he didn't want to miss playing Fallout 4 during its launch window...which is about the only time Phil can get views that become even remotely reasonable for a guy with a supposed 180,000+ subscribers. The best part was that when people started giving him flak for missing the wedding so he could play videogames, he tried to damage control and say that the wedding never even took place during that period, despite saying in prior videos that it did (he even originally planned to play a shitload of FO4 before he had to leave and just schedule Youtube to publish them so he would have content being uploaded while he was away). Of course, Phil's detractors were quick to look up the wedding registry and prove that the wedding indeed did happen during the FO4 launch window.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

DivisionPost posted:

Retsuprae has FINALLY started on a new longplay with the help of Damehasclass. This one's called The Mystery of the Druids. If you don't know what that game is, here's a taste:

Suffice to say this one promises to be something special.
Wow, an adventure game protagonist who's even bigger piece of poo poo than Adam from Next Life.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

He stood up a wedding because he didn't want to miss playing Fallout 4 during its launch window...which is about the only time Phil can get views that become even remotely reasonable for a guy with a supposed 180,000+ subscribers. The best part was that when people started giving him flak for missing the wedding so he could play videogames, he tried to damage control and say that the wedding never even took place during that period, despite saying in prior videos that it did (he even originally planned to play a shitload of FO4 before he had to leave and just schedule Youtube to publish them so he would have content being uploaded while he was away). Of course, Phil's detractors were quick to look up the wedding registry and prove that the wedding indeed did happen during the FO4 launch window.

I... wait, what the gently caress. What the actual gently caress.

Let me bring some of my real life into this. I had close family that got married recently, and they wanted to have the wedding in my mother's home country, because that's where the other party's family is. Now, I hate that country. Most of my family hates it, especially the people who were born and raised there. It's a third world country, and every time we've been there, horrible things happen to the family. And this time was no different, horrible events happened to the family, and I didn't know jack poo poo about it until we had landed in the transitioning airport between my home and our destination. It was literally all I could do to keep a straight face as other members of my family started freaking out like crazy, and we were heavily debating whether or not we should go back. We didn't, considering that the wedding took place, but we had to deal with that for literally the entire trip, and even to this day.

And then we got to my mother's home country. It sucked. Horribly. We were staying in a lovely bed-and-breakfast that was covered with roaches, even in the food sometimes. And on the day of the wedding, I got sick. Really sick. So sick I couldn't stand up and had the shivers like no one's business. I could barely keep medicine down, so I was in no business to go anywhere. Half my family was begging me to get up so that they wouldn't have to miss the wedding taking care of me, despite it all. I really shouldn't have gone, but I finally got up after hours of pleading from my entire family. They held me up, dressed me, and drove me to the wedding. I don't remember most of the wedding, I was too busy being sick in a side room so that no one could see me sick. At times, I'd sometimes get dragged into the main hall for pictures, and then taken back so I could be sick in (relative) peace.

Did I hate the experience? Yes. Did I want to do it? No, but I loving did it because you stick your neck out for family (and my family is crazy).

I shouldn't be upset about this, it's ridiculous, but it gets me so angry that Phil couldn't take time off "work" to go across the country for a couple days to meet his girlfriend's family and go to a wedding that was important to his girlfriend. I spent 2 loving weeks being miserable for that family member, because I love my family and I care about their happiness. Phil is a gigantic turd who deserves to be alone and unwanted, for everything he puts the very few people who used to care about him through.

Ugh, I need to put the kibosh on Phil for a while, that was a kind of rage I hadn't had in a while.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

If it makes you feel better we're likely finally on the route to Phil rapidly charging towards homelessness.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Really thats the thing with Phil, it isn't just he is bad at the video games, he is plain bad at being a human.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
To be fair on a few of his rage quits, although only a few, the games genuinely broke. Lords of the Fallen literally crashed after glitching and enemy back to full health, and in Defiance, looking it up that quest actually did have a known bug. Still a garbage idiot but at least a few things were genuinely the games fault :shobon:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BioEnchanted posted:

To be fair on a few of his rage quits, although only a few, the games genuinely broke. Lords of the Fallen literally crashed after glitching and enemy back to full health, and in Defiance, looking it up that quest actually did have a known bug. Still a garbage idiot but at least a few things were genuinely the games fault :shobon:

Lords of the Fallen? Sure, I can completely sympathize with that rage-quit cause that game is pure garbage.

Also, he wasn't long getting over the break up:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Lords of the Fallen? Sure, I can completely sympathize with that rage-quit cause that game is pure garbage.

holy

loving

poo poo

Phil is a god drat scumbag. I lost my relationship with someone I was very, very close to and I'm still feeling the pain of her absence. But Phil here apparently just tosses the woman he freaking proposed to off with apparently zero problems. And him saying he is the master of his own life, there is no constraints, as if Leanna was this noose around his neck. She had a job, she would be out of the house for periods of time. She not only used to make trips to visit him but then also moved out with him to another state away from friends and family.

My lady and I didn't do anything requiring nearly that much commitment and yet I'm feeling more pain losing her then this chucklefuck does with a woman he loving proposed to!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
We theorized a long while ago that his proposal was little more than a last resort band-aid for their relationship. Phil even admitted multiple times that there was no planned wedding date and unless his Twitch streaming got way more profitable that they would never be able to afford a wedding, which makes the whole engagement pretty worthless.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Phil proposed in their own home with a $40 ring that Leanna herself had purchased months and months prior. That's how much it meant to him.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Psychepath posted:

Phil proposed in their own home with a $40 ring that Leanna herself had purchased months and months prior. That's how much it meant to him.

Actually, they did buy a 240 dollar ring (better than 40 but still...) from Etsy, but Phil's proposal technique definitely needs work:

I think the ring you're thinking of was the one she was wearing last year cause she needed to "fake it".

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 1, 2017

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TaurusOxford posted:

Actually, they did buy a 240 dollar ring (better than 40 but still...) from Etsy, but Phil's proposal technique definitely needs work:

I think the ring you're thinking of was the one she was wearing last year cause she needed to "fake it".

She may have been faking it, but we have stream evidence that Phil NEVER fakes it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh almost forgot: Phil also threw the nurse under the bus after he made her get him and Leanna a meal because she didn't put any cheese on the sandwich. Then he ate Leanna's sandwich.

Not only did Phil not give John Rambo a sandwich to eat for driving across the state to do cocommentary, he also ate his at the time fiance's sandwich.

Leal fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 2, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

On the subject of faking it, I've been watchinbg the DSP's Biggest Lie video and wow those fake reactions are obnoxious. I admit I use "acted" reactions in my LPs but I use it mildly and sparsely to build to a moment that surprised me when I first played the game and that I'm hoping will surprise the audience as well - I try to evoke the idea of "This is what I thought when I first played this part". Phil's just insulting. Also a lot of the time I invert it for dramatic irony, in that I know something is coming, and you know that something is going to happen due to genre conventions, but I'm keeping mum about it to preserve the game's storytelling.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jun 2, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Phil's reaction to video games in his video is akin to a parent watching his child put the round peg through the round hole. He very much does not care about the round peg successfully going through the round hole in the same way he cares about anything else in this world, he's mostly just going "WOOOOOW" to make the child laugh and clap because they did something good.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It's more like he's the child in the scenario yelling to the chat "Look! I found that illusory wall all by my self! Validate me!" While in reality he has used a hammer to force the round peg into the triangular hole somehow - infinitely more effort for the dumbest possible solution. These things he are using are tools, storytelling tools. You can use faked reactions to build tension, or give the audience an idea of how annoying or rewarding a hidden collectible can be to find by showing the breadcrumbs and "piecing together" a puzzle long since solved.. He misuses every tool in an LPer's arsenal.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My favorite Phil fake reactions are things like when he misses something or doesn't know what to do and someone in the stream chat says something he'll play it off as "wait a minute, wait, I think I saw something" and comes back and "just guesses" perfectly. Or he'll obviously stall for time and when he does this he just goes "don't know what to do!" and pans the camera back and forth. And even after doing this obvious stalling for time he'll turn around "oh wait a minute, I think I know"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I mean, I make mistakes too, that's why I'm always asking for feedback. In my Lego City LP I spent the first 5 episodes Flint Lockwooding (just saying what I'm doing while collecting optional stuff) but I've caught myself on that since being informed that it was unengaging and I'm trying to do more involving commentary by critiquing the placements of stuff and the general area design. He just seeks in his chats for Yes-men. retsupurae and DSP have become a great guide for making a good LP - just do the exact opposite to what they do.

Edit: I think my personal favourite stupid thing that he has done multiple times is say this:

"Those idiots in the stream chat saying 'He's reading the stream chat!' when I haven't even looked at the stream chat in like 100 years!" First of all - how do you know what the chat is saying then? Also you idiotically webcamed yourself - we can see you looking at the chat!

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 2, 2017

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

He's really not getting a job, is he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

TaurusOxford posted:

As stupid as he is in every other opinion, I mean he's at least not wrong about expensive rings being dumb crap. Just buy someone a nice ring with their birthstone or something if you really want jewels, spending like thousands of dollars on boring diamonds and white gold and whatever else IS for chumps.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 2, 2017