Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

ROFL Octopus posted:

The others can go gently caress themselves but I think Rashid and Ed are better than anyone introduced in SFIV, sans Juri and Hakan.

And they went out of their way to make sure nobody will like Juri in this game so

RIP Gouken. Almost certainly to never appear again. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ROFL Octopus posted:

The others can go gently caress themselves but I think Rashid and Ed are better than anyone introduced in SFIV, sans Juri and Hakan.

And they went out of their way to make sure nobody will like Juri in this game so

Because I am an old man who hates DLC and refuses to accept that it's the way of the future, I pretty much stopped playing SF5 right around when the story mode was released.

Juri was above and beyond my favorite SF4 character, and I never really read in depth what changed in SF5. I'm assuming mass simplification, but what specifically?

I'm reminiscing about my young innocent self playing the game for the first time without reading anything about it, and getting mad that I couldn't get the motion for Zangief's Banishing Flat to work...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

She just stores fireballs instead of them being mixup projectiles. And her outfit looks stupid in the sfv engine

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Medullah posted:

Because I am an old man who hates DLC and refuses to accept that it's the way of the future, I pretty much stopped playing SF5 right around when the story mode was released.

Juri was above and beyond my favorite SF4 character, and I never really read in depth what changed in SF5. I'm assuming mass simplification, but what specifically?

I'm reminiscing about my young innocent self playing the game for the first time without reading anything about it, and getting mad that I couldn't get the motion for Zangief's Banishing Flat to work...

Basically the one thing everyone knows Juri for in SF4 is storing her fireballs right?

Well this game does things rather backwards and now you have to "invest" in half her moveset to be able to use it. Her V-Trigger lets her be around "average sfv character" level for like 5-10 seconds.

She's just an insanely lovely character even on a fundamental level that I don't know how she got approved.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Dias posted:

I'll take my bargain bin Rose replacement.

edit:

https://twitter.com/alfarin/status/869811377803845632

Capcom now outsourcing animations to NRS

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just watched the Giant Bomb quick look of Ultra SF2 and I apparently somehow underestimated how loving garbage that game is.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Why is Ultra Street Fighter 2 $40

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gammatron 64 posted:

Why is Ultra Street Fighter 2 $40

Capcom

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

ROFL Octopus posted:

This but F.A.N.G. and Ed

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kolin is pretty fun imo

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

People in this thread are besmirching Abel which is a SIN

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Kolin is pretty fun imo

Yeah I might play her as a secondary.

I get bored of playing Cammy but I have so little dedication to SFV I can't be arsed to learn anyone else. Kolin is all target combos into specials so I don't even have to go into training mode!

...maybe this is why I'm finding SFV so boring....

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I just watched the Giant Bomb quick look of Ultra SF2 and I apparently somehow underestimated how loving garbage that game is.

why are you idiots still letting this happen to yourselves

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.
Love that ARMS was playable just in time to contrast just how bad USF2's motion controls are

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Speaking USF2, that was the last SF I really played and having picked up SFV yesterday, boy does it show. I'm getting juggled into oblivion while I fish for Shoryukens like it's 1995. Clearly, my entire approach is dated. Any advice? I read the OP FWIW.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Boosh! posted:

Speaking USF2, that was the last SF I really played and having picked up SFV yesterday, boy does it show. I'm getting juggled into oblivion while I fish for Shoryukens like it's 1995. Clearly, my entire approach is dated. Any advice? I read the OP FWIW.

play another game

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Boosh! posted:

Refund this game and play any of the other recent fighting game releases if you're not tied to playing SF5 specifically.

Also read this: http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/07/learn-how-to-play-fighting-games-with-our-free-beginners-guide-ebook/

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Vega's bloody garden shouldn't be banned. Except as a timer scam at the end of the round, it is literally the worst thing you can do with him. It's basically setting up a free anti air crush counter at the cost of 1 bar. You can't control the climb, no control when you jump off, and it doesn't hit on the way up. It's the worst move in the game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

A.o.D. posted:

Vega's bloody garden shouldn't be banned. Except as a timer scam at the end of the round, it is literally the worst thing you can do with him. It's basically setting up a free anti air crush counter at the cost of 1 bar. You can't control the climb, no control when you jump off, and it doesn't hit on the way up. It's the worst move in the game.

That's what I've been seeing. Even though Vega is starved for options this one looks especially lovely.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Boosh! posted:

Just play more and learn what is safe and what isn't on whoever you are playing. If you are playing ranked matches you will be playing against other lovely people until you get better, which is fine.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Boosh! posted:

st on fightcade for real. you won't have fun in sfv if this is how you like to play

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I decided to try out Ed and yeah...still really don't like playing this game. Ed is more fun that you'd expect though, it's actually kinda nice having a bunch of command normal specials. Can't tell how good he actually is, although I'd say "not top 5" for now. He has some solid buttons, AAs are fine from what I tested, but as it's customary with SFV you can't confirm into poo poo after a frametrap. You can probably pull out some BS with V-Trigger confirms and his fireball is suprisingly solid.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Dias posted:

his fireball is suprisingly solid.

I really like the animation for his fireball. Gotta give Capcom props there.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Ed seems fun from what I've seen playing against him. Haven't actually used him though, since I burned FM on Akuma and the Thailand stage. He seems like a weird mishmash of SF4 Cody and Decapre.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Constellation I posted:

Ed seems fun from what I've seen playing against him. Haven't actually used him though, since I burned FM on Akuma and the Thailand stage. He seems like a weird mishmash of SF4 Cody and Decapre.

Every character is cody

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Every character is cody

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

Every character is cody

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
What? No one throws rocks or picks up a knife.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

We Know Catheters posted:

What? No one throws rocks or picks up a knife.

All the characters are metaphorically handcuffed and unable to fight with their true power level

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

new leaks

quote:

Season 2's remaining characters are Abigail, Menat, and Zeku.
A second cinematic story mode is happening. The base roster plus the Season 1 characters were prologues for the general cinematic story mode. Season 2 character's story modes for Akuma, Ed, and Kolin, which all take place after A Shadow Falls are prologues for the second cinematic story mode.
Ready for the biggest of bombshells? Super Street Fighter V is happening.
But it'll be a free update.
It won't make the base game useless either. It's really nothing more than an update. A glorified one, but an expansion none the less.
But what does SSFV contain? Lets run that down, shall we?
It adds:
Arcade Mode
Extra Battle
Some kind of PvE mode against the Illuminati
Some expanding on the existing mechanics
New Critical Arts
But it doesn't end there. SSFV brings with it a UI overhaul, and maybe more than that too.
You're probably curious of the characters too, huh? Those 6 will be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro.
If you want a laugh, Street Fighter vet Alex Valle already leaked them "accidentally" (though it seems he just didn't care) on Twitter already. He never bothered deleting it either in case you don't believe me.
https://twitter.com/thealexvalle/status/861748487062523904

So there you have it. SSFV is a thing and will be announced likely by year's end at Capcom Cup's conclusion. Believe me. Don't. I don't care. But you would be wise to keep this all on record.

same dude who leaked Akuma and Ed, fwiw

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Interesting.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I buy all of that. Not the first time I read Abigail, Menat and Zeku, SSFV is just a Mortal Kombat XL-style repackaging (wouldn't be surprised if they sell it at $60 with S1 and S2 characters), and I've heard something about a second cinematic story being developed somewhere too.

never rose tho, so i can still not care about sfv

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sagat better do 20% with an uppercut

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

sagat doesnt have fireballs without v trigger and low tiger shots may or may not hit low

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

He'll have fireballs, but probably won't be able to to do low fireballs unless he's in v-trigger. Like Akuma and his air fireballs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't believe that for a second

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Street Fighter V is built around selling you dogshit samey characters that are only differentiated by their marketing. But what if! They suddenly decided to completely overhaul the game design and roster for free. THEN, you would preorder the rest of the tournament banned SFV stages and costumes wouldn't you? gently caress off.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't imagine how they would manage to gently caress up Sakura

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Oh god please let Oro be correct...!!!

e: a UI update with a bit more style would be welcome also.

Electromax fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new leaks

Super Street Fighter V

The real question is though, will the game be good? (lol, whom am I kidding)