Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

100 some odd matches in, WW is really good at "honest" play. Almost like a street fighter character. So of course that is a bit to her detriment as grease is what defines a good NRS character.

You got that stream saved? Been looking for some good WW play in the current game.

I hope the movie event comes back around in the future, I'd hate for all the PC players to be left out of the early stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
That Batman boss fight in the joker event :negative:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

McSpanky posted:

You got that stream saved? Been looking for some good WW play in the current game.

I hope the movie event comes back around in the future, I'd hate for all the PC players to be left out of the early stuff.

I ain't so good at twitch stuff I think this is the right link.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148569742

1) Feel free to skip past like the first half hour, those first few games as WW are literally my first few games, I never played her before that stream. About halfway through I start winning more than losing as I get the hang of her.
2) At some points I get salty and pick grodd just so I can win a game before going back to WW.
3) Beware my visage, that's what being a goon for just shy of 20 years does to you.

*ed*

To re-iterate, maybe not "good" ww play. I learn as I go. Yeah probably better than most people but by my standards I was a drat goof up til right near the end when everything started clicking.

Also apparently the audio from the monitor was catching so bit of an echo, whole stream and nobody told me drat bums.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 1, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hey no worries man, goons among us. And I like Grodd too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Are there any other PS4 guilds besides the one in the OP? They all seem filled. :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Ok next videos I made up. In tandem with the whole hype for WW movie and all that jazz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Z8v2L5rH0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqCAlA4VlhM

Combos got optimal stuff and an easier bnb midscreen combo cause the main one can be a bit tricky.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

After playing through the campaign and some towers I think I'm going to try learning Supergirl first, since she has some very easy combos and juggles and I realize just how bad my jam hands have gotten. Teleport for EZ wins just like good old Scorpion.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
mix up the supergirl teleports with occasional meterburn teleports. Super chill to combo them in the air and finish it with an air grab.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah I'm noticing that most of SG's good stuff is meter-hungry. The MB teleport is pretty nice since it hits overhead and combos easily into her air grab.

Also, am I SOL with the goon guilds on PS4 or are people planning on making another?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh my god, it took me an hour and a half to get through a 7-fight tower, and a full hour of it was spent on one Wonder Woman fight that took me like 20 tries. The two fights after that were actually much simpler so it's like the AI got randomly jacked up for one battle.

Any coaches in this thread? Would be glad to get some pointers -- what's below is the fight when I won and the fight right before that, which more accurately reflects the 18 other times I got owned. I definitely made a lot of execution errors, and probably flubbed more moves that I successfully input, like most of the close vine uppercuts were me flubbing db2 and putting in d2 instead. That's not as bad as all the times in the other fights when I flubbed the combo starter b2d2 and ended up with dd2 and then got smashed in the face while I was doing a stupid armor animation.

But mainly I'm looking for any major tactical things I can improve, things to work on and things to avoid, etc.

https://vimeo.com/219798242

The answer is that the AI reads your inputs, so you can't be doing stuff like round start like jumping, WW is particularly bad because she has tools to hit you from most of the screen. EG: If you duck in her face, she's gonna b2 you (overhead whip). You have to do things specifically to beat their buttons that they can't read, like walk forward and suddenly block when you're in their range to get them to hit a button, then you can hit a button. If you notice, you basically only ever got a hit using Ivy's advancing string (EG: 4:08, starts with B2 maybe? I haven't played Ivy much) outside the range where WW can hit a button that's fast enough to beat it, so by the time it's active you're in her range to hit a button that's normally fast enough to beat your stuff but she gets hit instead, that's why you see 'counter', because the AI just default wants to hit a button as soon as you walk inside that range. Nearly the only time you successfully activate trait is full screen where her shield throw doesn't reach, because . AI is super susceptible to just random walk forward MB B3s into full combo, (make sure you find a good dmg combo that works off raw B3). Jump ins generally work pretty well VS AI as well, unless they have a character with a really good anti-air they like to use, depends on the range too, NRS AI hates J3 in every game they've ever made.

All of this stuff only really applies to playing a computer.

You could probably just generally work on confirms and combos for the character you wanna play. I could help you out eventually with learning a certain character if I look up their stuff, but I'm busy for the next few days.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Green Arrow's aerial downward arrow move is my best friend now. Fantastic way to avoid hazards or a rushdown while surprising people, and the meterburn is nice too. A lot of his stuff seems safe, he's a very underrated character with easy combos.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

DLC Inc posted:

Green Arrow's aerial downward arrow move is my best friend now. Fantastic way to avoid hazards or a rushdown while surprising people, and the meterburn is nice too. A lot of his stuff seems safe, he's a very underrated character with easy combos.

Yeah the overhead arrow rules hard. It's even better with lightning arrows, as they seem to change the angle to hit further away (and also fire faster giving the other guy less of a chance to fix his block)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wish there was a way to just buy the gear I want look wise :(. I got my catwoman looking decent but meh I want the neon and the.m boxes just give me gear non stop for the two characters I haven't touched; black Adam and brainiac.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

maybe it's just me but I loving hate Braniac and his stiff looping nonsense, I feel like I'm a tiny person controlling this giant mech with him

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I wish we could buy character abilities. There's this sliding dash thing for Poison Ivy that the AI uses to combo that would make her into a real close-range fighter and i can't get it to drop for me :(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

I wish we could buy character abilities. There's this sliding dash thing for Poison Ivy that the AI uses to combo that would make her into a real close-range fighter and i can't get it to drop for me :(

I have that and it's ridiculous, it makes Sub-Zero and Green Arrow's dashes look milquetoast. If this was one of her standard moves she'd be top tier lol

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
So I heard there was a way, once you had a character to 20, to get other characters quickly to 20 with some sort of currency? Is that true because I couldn't find it anywhere in the interface. If not, its fine and I'll get to work or use the AI method.

Now that I have a level 20 Green Arrow (*woo!*), I am going to level up a few other types of character that I've had fun playing.

Here's my current list in order. Opinions welcome:

Super Girl -- I like her moves and have had fun playing her in the story mode
Black Canary -- super fast and I like her sonic attack a lot
Darkseid -- weird character that I'd like to get a handle on
Swamp Thing -- he looks intriguing and I've gotten beaten by a ramped up AI in some creative ways which got me interested
Harley Quinn -- She was fun to play in the story mode. I love her gun attacks.
Gorilla Grodd -- Brutal stuff. can cover ground quickly and get inside of things like Deadshot from what I've seen in higher level play
Bane -- Sweet wrestling moves.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's on the customization menu but don't do it, it's super expensive.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, but it uses the same currency as the 'make your gear look like different gear' which is a useless feature

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah, but it uses the same currency as the 'make your gear look like different gear' which is a useless feature

That's also the buy skins and (some) shaders currency.

In any case I don't think you earn enough to level more than one character without spending extra money.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have all the premium skins so I'll just blow it on leveling maybe not sure.

I have that ivy slide gear but all I want is the catwoman 9 lives one. I also have a millio other moves for poo poo other characters. So frustrating. Wish they let us prestige characters to get abilities.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Empress Brosephine posted:

I have all the premium skins so I'll just blow it on leveling maybe not sure.

How much did that run you?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought the ultimate addition so besides that only $2.00

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I bought the ultimate addition so besides that only $2.00

101.99!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plus tax :suicide:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

he1ixx posted:

So I heard there was a way, once you had a character to 20, to get other characters quickly to 20 with some sort of currency? Is that true because I couldn't find it anywhere in the interface. If not, its fine and I'll get to work or use the AI method.

Now that I have a level 20 Green Arrow (*woo!*), I am going to level up a few other types of character that I've had fun playing.

Here's my current list in order. Opinions welcome:

Super Girl -- I like her moves and have had fun playing her in the story mode
Black Canary -- super fast and I like her sonic attack a lot
Darkseid -- weird character that I'd like to get a handle on
Swamp Thing -- he looks intriguing and I've gotten beaten by a ramped up AI in some creative ways which got me interested
Harley Quinn -- She was fun to play in the story mode. I love her gun attacks.
Gorilla Grodd -- Brutal stuff. can cover ground quickly and get inside of things like Deadshot from what I've seen in higher level play
Bane -- Sweet wrestling moves.

all of them are good except Swamp Thing, who in my experience is miserable to play as. Leave your AI to play Swamp Thing.

My vote is for Bane or Black Canary first since they are wildly different from Green Arrow. Bane just shits out damage and has awesome moves/ability/combos. Black Canary is like Cammy if she could control her Spiral Arrow/Cannon Spikes and also had a Tiger Knee and a counter tech. Black Canary and Bane also have great "get out of jail free" supers that can hit reliably very often and are designed to say gently caress You to zoners, their weak point. But between Bane's pumped up armor and Canary's rolling moves, they can both handle zoning pretty well as is, too.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I thought the ultimate only came with like 3 of the skins out of 9 or something. Like it doesn't have Vixen and Freeze and whoever?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Team catwoman scarecrow 4 life.

I was exclusively green arrow then I learned catwoman and she's my favorite now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Saint Freak posted:

I thought the ultimate only came with like 3 of the skins out of 9 or something. Like it doesn't have Vixen and Freeze and whoever?

Reverse Flash, Cleavage Girl, and John Stewart I think is what it unlocked

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Ultimate doesn't have Vixen Freeze or Jay (also Grid), but it has the rest. The important thing from it is the Demon shaders though, which look really neat on most characters.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

Freeze, Vixen, Cyborg and one of the flashes. I only had to buy $2 worth of currency to get the ones I didn't have.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Is there some way I'm missing to quickly give your AI fighters the same loadout as whatever you have equipped at the time?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

There's 4 more total. 3 are in the game for 6000 source crystals each, and you get Grid from linking the mobile game.

The 3 buyable ones can also show up in top tier boxes and post match rewards apparently.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Granted I don't use any of the premium skins because you can't see the gear except for cheetah because cheetah is the creepiest most unsettling thing I've ever seen in a video game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

exquisite tea posted:

Is there some way I'm missing to quickly give your AI fighters the same loadout as whatever you have equipped at the time?

I read there's a copy/paste function. I use different setups for my AI though (give them Multi equipment which I don't use)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Square is copy and paste on the loadout selection customization screen

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That's good to know. All my characters are still scrub level so I'm just slapping whatever has the best stats while junking all the non-epic stuff that I can't regen later.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

I have that ivy slide gear but all I want is the catwoman 9 lives one.

The catwoman one is objectively terrible. It replaces her normal trait which is really strong damage and also her best wake-up attack.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fine with me. I don't die anyways but it looks cool that's why I want it. Imho min maxing player match and multiverse is kinda dumb cuz it doesn't really matter in the end when battling AI :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Is the 9 lives ability that thing that resurrects catwoman if she has full trait when she's KO'd? And if completely replaces the functionality of the traditional trait? Because if so, that sucks. I got Supergirl's "charged up" ability, and while it renders her eyebeams unusable when it's active, it doesn't completely remove them from your loadout.

• Locked thread