Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I'm 6'2" 260 and flying in a standard domestic economy seat is almost unbearable for me. :( When I fly for work I make them pay for premium economy, but it's hard to justify the cost when I'm paying out of my own pocket. I'm an underemployed millennial with stagnant wages and a burning desire to see the world. I am the last five pages of this thread made flesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

walrusman posted:

I'm 6'2" 260 and flying in a standard domestic economy seat is almost unbearable for me. :( When I fly for work I make them pay for premium economy, but it's hard to justify the cost when I'm paying out of my own pocket. I'm an underemployed millennial with stagnant wages and a burning desire to see the world. I am the last five pages of this thread made flesh.

Hey big'n'tall'n'cripplingly under valued buddy, I rode some pond skipper from Texas to Indiana one time and I swear to God my knees almost locked up. I'm talking limited to 90* plus or minus maybe 5 legroom, poo poo is straight up misery

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Brainiac Five posted:

Well, there is a thread stickied for making fun of people who report wrong, so I dunno how encouraged people are to report posts, especially if it's something that's borderline or dogwhistly.

A lot of those reports are for things like "anime outside the anime thread"or "memes outside the meme thread" which haven't been rules in how many mod changes?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

walrusman posted:

I'm 6'1", much skinnier but legroom is still a problem. Have you tried not having a bag under the seat in front of you? I find that makes long flights much more bearable. It might mean that you have to check an extra bag since you can only do one bag overhead, but $30 for another checked bag is cheap compared to economy plus.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Xen Tricks posted:

Hey big'n'tall'n'cripplingly under valued buddy, I rode some pond skipper from Texas to Indiana one time and I swear to God my knees almost locked up. I'm talking limited to 90* plus or minus maybe 5 legroom, poo poo is straight up misery

High five fellow airline seat legroom is hell person.

Ironically I found light passenger aircraft (the single or dual prop variety you fly to remote/rural locations) to have great seats and plenty of legroom comfort.

Stick me on a noisy prop plane any day.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Literally a bird

I'm not calling you a bad person, but it feels pretty worrying that the person who expressed dissent against the mods is the only one who got probated considering you said you were gonna hand out punishments for people who kept up this united derail, and then did not hand out any except for the person who expressed dissent. It really does just kind of make what he said look, well...true.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Slime posted:

Literally a bird

I'm not calling you a bad person, but it feels pretty worrying that the person who expressed dissent against the mods is the only one who got probated considering you said you were gonna hand out punishments for people who kept up this united derail, and then did not hand out any except for the person who expressed dissent. It really does just kind of make what he said look, well...true.

LAB specifically said the discussion could continue if people kept it civil, which we did. Except for one person who didn't keep it civil and got probated.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of the shortest of their, I don't know, 5000 probations/bans in their 4 year posting history. Slap on the wrist and seemed to fix the situation. I'm sure TB and LAB have hashed it out in PMs by now.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They're​ both fine. TB just gets a little wound up sometimes and needs a nap.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Mu Zeta posted:

The New York Times has like 5 different think pieces about covfefe like c'mon guys

Lol and I thought Millhouse was a forced meme

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I'm observing, quite correctly, that milquetoast handwringingers will always prioritize comfortable cruelty over uncomfortable honesty. We've got shitheads lining up around the block here to say "gently caress the poor, gently caress the very idea of even asking me to think that the poor exist," and that's all perfectly fine, great content! As long as nobody says "gently caress you" back.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:rolleyes:

that was certainly a dumb move for TB's personal branding haha

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Sea Lion posted:

LAB specifically said the discussion could continue if people kept it civil, which we did. Except for one person who didn't keep it civil and got probated.

Civility over decency, always and forever. You hate poor people and delight in their suffering, but that's fine, because you say your truly literally evil thoughts without swearing.

Now, what's the bonus structure at United like? Cash only, or can you trade it in for the chance to assault a minority passenger of your choosing?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That Robot posted:

:rolleyes:

that was certainly a dumb move for TB's personal branding haha

Tiny brontosaurus did nothing wrong

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Tim_allen_eeuuugh.wav

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's just airplane seats!!!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
[Jerry Seinfeld] What is the deal with Airline seating? It's driving everyone crazy!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Civility over decency

Maybe try having both? Like if you want to change the status quo, you have to get people to listen to your ideas.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Removing one row of seats can in fact mean more legroom for everyone else without retrofitting; it's why airline seats are on tracks. They revise the space ratios often.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

sometimes i still think about the mike's hard lemonade ad for mother's day where the mom and son definitely for sure hosed.

https://twitter.com/HARDER/status/860933945239642112

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

sometimes i still think about the mike's hard lemonade ad for mother's day where the mom and son definitely for sure hosed.

https://twitter.com/HARDER/status/860933945239642112

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a guy and someone else's mom.

How about that Zima re-release next month?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Len posted:

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a guy and someone else's mom.

How about that Zima re-release next month?

im more of a michelada guy

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Literally says at the end of the commercial "we didnt say your mom". Yeah it's a lovely commercial but c'mon.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Civility over decency, always and forever. You hate poor people and delight in their suffering, but that's fine, because you say your truly literally evil thoughts without swearing.

The things you have been advocating would make it *more expensive to fly*. You say you're concerned about the plight of the poor, but you are advocating things that would price them out of the market. How do you reconcile those two things? Why do you want flying to be more expensive? So the people who are *less* poor, but still poor, can fly with 2" of extra legroom, but a bunch of people who could previously afford a ticket now cannot? How does that make any sense? Either you know nothing about economics and honestly don't understand how counterproductive your positions are for your aims, or you don't actually care about poor people, and "poor" is just a verbal club for you to hit people with. Which is it?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bongwizzard posted:

Maybe try having both? Like if you want to change the status quo, you have to get people to listen to your ideas.

Jesus christ. Go drop your mindblowing revelation in TGRS so someone can hold your hand while you read Dr. King's writings, I don't have time for Babby Solves Bigotry today.

I want airlines to be nationalized and treated like the vital component of public transit they are. The fact that your grimy hate-filled mind can't even possibly imagine anything being different than the way it is now is just crushingly depressing. Ask the good people at United to transfer you to the pet-murdering division and give your stubby little fingers a break.

Tiny Brontosaurus has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Jun 1, 2017

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Jesus christ. Go drop your mindblowing revelation in TGRS so someone can hold your hand while you read Dr. King's writings, I don't have time for Babby Solves Bigotry today.

So I guess that's a "no" then?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bongwizzard posted:

So I guess that's a "no" then?

It's a "learn anything, literally anything at all, about social justice before you try to tell other people how it should work."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

It's a "learn anything, literally anything at all, about social justice before you try to tell other people how it should work."

You make it seem so inviting and fun.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bongwizzard posted:

You make it seem so inviting and fun.

:qq: If you'd shift your lazy rear end over to that whole entire subforum that was set up for teaching you poo poo like this you'd know that this is aaaaaalllllways the response and that's why anybody who knows anything never takes a whiny dickhead like you seriously.

:qq: I'd stop being a bigot if only you'd stop being so mean! :qq:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

:qq: If you'd shift your lazy rear end over to that whole entire subforum that was set up for teaching you poo poo like this you'd know that this is aaaaaalllllways the response and that's why anybody who knows anything never takes a whiny dickhead like you seriously.

:qq: I'd stop being a bigot if only you'd stop being so mean! :qq:

Yeh, that sounds like a productive way for me to spend and afternoon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

So, like, the airlines discussion (even without the wider implications discussed with it) is interesting and all but moved beyond the dumb marketing things aspect that this thread is all about. Doesn't it deserve its own thread by now?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bongwizzard posted:

Yeh, that sounds like a productive way for me to spend and afternoon.

More productive than going "Hey you know that vast intractable social problem? WHAT IF I JUST SOLVED IT WITH ONE LINE WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

If you're gonna act like a teenager you're going to get treated like one, cry all day if you gotta.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One on the right ain't even got a gotdang mouth, how are they gonna kiss?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

More productive than going "Hey you know that vast intractable social problem? WHAT IF I JUST SOLVED IT WITH ONE LINE WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

If you're gonna act like a teenager you're going to get treated like one, cry all day if you gotta.

Arguing over the internet about dumb poo poo also seems like a teenager thing to do.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

I have no idea what you are trying to say, but I don't think I am crying? I do think in general trying to discussing anything serious online is a waste of time for everyone involved.

How does the robot without a mouth kiss the other robot?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

One on the right ain't even got a gotdang mouth, how are they gonna kiss?

The important questions for our time right here folks.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

bongwizzard posted:

I have no idea what you are trying to say, but I don't think I am crying? I do think in general trying to discussing anything serious online is a waste of time for everyone involved.

Well that's another thing you could learn about social justice if you were open to learning anything, at all, ever. But learning things doesn't make you feel smart like giving orders does so why bother.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Well that's another thing you could learn about social justice if you were open to learning anything, at all, ever. But learning things doesn't make you feel smart like giving orders does so why bother.

Ok, good, now I think we are on the same page.

@pick, still waiting for an answer about that robot kissing thing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well, I tried to mock it by kissing the spine of a book. You can get your lips around it but it can't do a lot for you, so I assume they're riding on their emotional connection, which if anything makes it more romantic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Well, I tried to mock it by kissing the spine of a book. You can get your lips around it but it can't do a lot for you, so I assume they're riding on their emotional connection, which if anything makes it more romantic.

I guess so, but kissing is pretty great, I think those robots are missing out on some good stuff.