Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I want to be the chump who thought he got away safely only to eat a silenced round in the dome from Grimmmz or Viss or someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Yea that would be great. See a guy with a pistol and think you have it since you have an AR and then plink plink... what the gently caress?!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Badfinger posted:

Does anyone know if they're doing an elo reset along with the leaderboard reset?

Confirmed in Break's stream by Panky, a PUBG community guy. MMR is based on leaderboards, so everyone is even now.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Confirmed in Break's stream by Panky, a PUBG community guy. MMR is based on leaderboards, so everyone is even now.

it shows, too, because I was just stunting on people

highlight of the morning so far is looting a house in Watertown, leaving a first aid kit outside the bathroom I was camped in, and doming the dude that opened the door thinking nothing was amiss

if it was me or someone of a similar skill level that found zilch in a house except that one kit, I would have backed out of the house very slowly as soon as I saw it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

so what you're saying is if I wait a few days for the top people to rise up I'll get to destroy players even worse than me

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I honestly have a difficult time believing that matchmaking efforts are very effective when you are talking about pools of 100 players of which no more than four can join together. Especially when you consider the extremely short time it actually searches before plopping you in a server. It's probably barely distinguishable from straight up random assignment.

Just play.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Chomp8645 posted:

I honestly have a difficult time believing that matchmaking efforts are very effective when you are talking about pools of 100 players of which no more than four can join together. Especially when you consider the extremely short time it actually searches before plopping you in a server. It's probably barely distinguishable from straight up random assignment.

Just play.

It should actually be even more effective than games based on 2 teams because you can weight results and do much larger comparisons much more quickly. If you/your team wins consistently then you'll very quickly end up getting matched with people that have similar results to you.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

pubg has like 150k online at any given time. if the average player lasts 10 minutes that's 150 games starting every minute. given you spend about a minute in the lobby that's plenty of time to do elo sorting

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Chomp8645 posted:

Just play.

There are 500k+ people on every server and 150k playing at basically any moment. That's a huge stratification of skill levels. Even rough elo sorting is going to sort out a range of players somewhat in the ballpark.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Just play.

Some of the higher level streamers take much, much longer than me to find a game, which makes me think that there is most definitely ELO/MMR matchmaking. The playerbase for this game is goddamn huge, so it would be very easy to place everyone in a certain range in a game together very quickly.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

first game back ended in a wide open valley, that screenshot is basically the entire playing field at that point (i died to a guy with an automatic because i looted poorly)

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

What's a page without a new Grimmmz video? 7 headshots in 60 seconds: https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyPreciousTeaRalpherZ

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

What's a page without a new Grimmmz video? 7 headshots in 60 seconds: https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyPreciousTeaRalpherZ

being throwing into a pool of bads does wonders for his sub count lmao

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I have had terrifying dreams since I started playing this game. Of the 'something is hunting me but I'm not sure what or where' and the 'everything is fine NOW IT'S NOT OH poo poo AND YOU ARE MOVING IN SLOW MOTION" varieties

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Holy poo poo this happened to me twice in a Dacia the other night. Ice Fist, look at this poo poo!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Inspector_666 posted:

Holy poo poo this happened to me twice in a Dacia the other night. Ice Fist, look at this poo poo!

Maybe they should stop and heal

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

being throwing into a pool of bads does wonders for his sub count lmao

His viewers spiked from like 6,200 to 7,500 when he was on a run that ended in an 18-kill win last night (before the reset). Subs were flooding in like crazy.

revolther
May 27, 2008
I really only play duos with a buddy, but the last few days we've come up against groups of 4 and 6 players working together(getting out of the same jeep in one instance), thought that was against the rules, also how do they even coordinate that poo poo?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

revolther posted:

I really only play duos with a buddy, but the last few days we've come up against groups of 4 and 6 players working together(getting out of the same jeep in one instance), thought that was against the rules, also how do they even coordinate that poo poo?

"three, two, one, click ready" and use discord
its against the rules, report em

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Pleads posted:

His viewers spiked from like 6,200 to 7,500 when he was on a run that ended in an 18-kill win last night (before the reset). Subs were flooding in like crazy.

I'm just always amazed how sees or expects people at some of those distances.

Like what is he looking for on the horizon? I have a lot to learn there.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

Maybe they should stop and heal

I stopped for one second and I WAS RIGHT.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Audax posted:

Some of it is good vision but I think a lot of his advantage comes from being extremely good at interpreting the directional audio.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

Some of it is good vision but I think a lot of his advantage comes from being extremely good at interpreting the directional audio.

This is the one skill that I feel is key to this game, and the one most people probably haven't developed very well. Everyone's played enough FPS games that they can shoot, but not many of us have needed to instantly pinpoint where a sound is coming from before. Grimmmz is something else entirely though, I'm about convinced he's a Terminator.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Audax posted:

Something that doesn't come through on the stream is that I think his monitor is big and he is sitting close to it. The distance his eyes travel when scanning is pretty large, and I'd bet that helps him discern small movements from far away men.

Actually hitting those people, often on the move, is something else entirely.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I believe he plays on a 1440p 120hz monitor but only streams at 720p 30fps

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yea this is mostly what people don't realize, what you see on his stream is probably a lot different than what he actually sees.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
It's also a compressed 720p.

The hardest thing to see is people peeking ridges, you have to just look for dark mounds barely above the blades of grass.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is anyone else getting random hitching since the new patch? My game just completely freezes up for a few seconds every match now and I've never seen that previously.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

720p/60fps. I think the only answer he's been giving when asked why he doesn't stream at 1080p is that 720p is just fine.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

Yodzilla posted:

Is anyone else getting random hitching since the new patch? My game just completely freezes up for a few seconds every match now and I've never seen that previously.

Yup, had quick hiccups before but the new one is several seconds.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Do you have different ELO ratings for solo/duo/squad? If I am terrible in solo does that help my squad as I ensure we play slightly worse squads?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

720p/60fps. I think the only answer he's been giving when asked why he doesn't stream at 1080p is that 720p is just fine.

Comcast is throttling him

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Yodzilla posted:

Yes, but only once per game and during the plane or parachuting. My friend gets it, too and I saw him teleport in the sky. I sometimes get a Network Lag Detected notice popping up, for a second, too.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
4 games of squad so far since the reset, 2 wins

:feelsgood:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Finally got my first solo chicken dinner. Landed at the apartments along with about five other people. They all killed each other before I could join the fray and the last guy managed to escape without me seeing him. Left with an AKM with 8x scope and a kitted out double-barrel shotgun. Spent the mid-game running through the fields of Pochinki and taking pot shots at others trying to do the same. Managed to get a kill in the barns with the cunning strategy of 'close the door behind me so he thinks no one has been there yet'. Three or four snipers all start going at it all around the barn and I manage to sneak out somehow without any of them noticing. Final circles closed in on the beaches due south and I spend most of my time just barely outrunning the blue. Closest to death was making my final approach to the beach and another sniper getting the drop on me from farm ridge. I somehow manage to locate, scope and down him right as he took me within an inch of my life. I barely manage to use my med-kit in time before the blue finishes me off. In the final circles with three people left I was stuck laying prone in a tiny bush on the beach sweating which tiny bushes had the other players in them. It turns out it was none of them and I was the only one on the beach- they all had to hustle to escape the blue and I managed to off all of them. This game is so drat fun.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm seeing the most hiccups in the plane and in the pre-plane lobby. It happens during the game as well, and is far less frequent than it used to be but more severe when it does happen.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Comcast is throttling him

You'd think that having over 3k subscribers would be reason enough to switch to a dedicated line. Like $1k/mo would be 1 day of his earnings for the month.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 1, 2017

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Game good.

Got to #3 by being really good at hiding and running away and shotgunning a careless looter.

But for the life of me I can't snipe. I know how to snipe in games, I can hit things fine with assault rifles. I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn with a single shot in this one.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Grimmmz is making decent money but nowhere near 30k a month, but even just going to a business line would often provide better service. I believe he is looking at moving to somewhere with Google Fiber though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Cinara posted:

Grimmmz is making decent money but nowhere near 30k a month, but even just going to a business line would often provide better service. I believe he is looking at moving to somewhere with Google Fiber though.

Texas I think, when you're making your money as a streamer it's probably best to live where property value is the lowest since you live at home.

• Locked thread