Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

lmao you fucker

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

so would this push last call back enough that people would be leaving bars right as public transit is restarting for the day?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I like how that's like, "Night life is important. Let's get rid of the one-size-fits-all rule." and then applies a different one-size-fits-all rule.

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Instant Sunrise posted:

so would this push last call back enough that people would be leaving bars right as public transit is restarting for the day?

Looks like it's UP to 4am. Each municipality gets to set how late it wants. So, in SF, or LA, or whatever, it will probably be 4am. Everywhere else is entirely up to that city.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Single payer is absolutely a critical bill we must get passed. The problem is Jerry Brown, will he sign this?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

incoherent posted:

Single payer is absolutely a critical bill we must get passed. The problem is Jerry Brown, will he sign this?

Mmmmaaaybe? He has been down on the bill, but with the looming threat of the AHCA I'm really hoping he'll realize it's this or the state gets hosed by Trump.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 1, 2017

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
They're back from caucus!

http://senatestream-lh.akamaihd.net/i/Sen_TV1@118077/index_360_av-p.m3u8?sd=10&rebase=on

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Lara still isn't in.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aaaand Lara seems to not be there again, what the heck. At least they're starting with stuff that got called earlier and not going straight into the things they didn't get to cover I guess. Hopefully he gets in there soon.

Edit: And he's there. Finally.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 1, 2017

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
:siren: Its time! :siren:

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

I'm freaking out, man. Can I send Lara $$ for reelection if I live in a different district?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This came right after multiple people, including Lara, moved several bills to the inactive file so I was so worried when it came up the same way, but it looks like, yeah, it's actually happening, the vote's going to be happening after the speaking and debating.

Get hosed Berryhill, you drat liar.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Its happening.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Those fuckers just caucused for two hours and that apparently wasn't enough!

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

CPColin posted:

Those fuckers just caucused for two hours and that apparently wasn't enough!

Motherfucker. I missed the 2nd half of Lara's speech from internet problems and now they're gone again.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

"Republican caucus in the Cock's lounge." :mmmhmm:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Dear Berryhill, roll over and die.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Berryhill seems hard to listen to.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, this guy sucks. I hate him even more now.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What a horrid scumfucker this idiot is

It's really hosed up that he stole someone's heart

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Does he have like one sentence written per sheet of paper, or what?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I wish someone would bash him in the head with a brick.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
What a dishonest fucker. Single-payer would do literally what you just said your constituents want, you lich.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

gently caress this guy so much.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm an organ donor and if my heart ended up in a husk like this I would be so loving angry

Can you make conditions? "If this heart would go to a Republican official, instead feed it to the animals"

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

"Some businesses don't make that much of a margin"

Good thing you're taxed on profit fuckface.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The North Tower posted:

"Some businesses don't make that much of a margin"

Good thing you're taxed on profit fuckface.

And literally all businesses would save money due to not needing to pay for health care for their employees lmfao what a piece of poo poo

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Holy gently caress. I can't listen to him anymore. Bitch bitch bitch. I hope his current heart gives out sooner rather than later.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Lemming posted:

And literally all businesses would save money due to not needing to pay for health care for their employees lmfao what a piece of poo poo

you realize by "some businesses" they mean for profit heathcare

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
"I got my new heart for $1 million dollars. Obviously no poor should be able to afford it."

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, I'm having trouble figuring out if Hertzberg is for or against this. It seems like he's critical but maybe in favor- Yeah, he's saying he'll vote for it. Well, good. Hopefully this gets the hesitant/bad Dems on board.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Okay, I'm having trouble figuring out if Hertzberg is for or against this. It seems like he's critical but maybe in favor- Yeah, he's saying he'll vote for it.

For. He's just saying that it's complicated due to the process.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I got that while writing that. It was a bit confusing for a while, but, well, yeah.

And now we have another Republican lying about what the bill actually does and such. These fuckers are shameless.

Edit: At least he didn't go on and on like Berryhill did. Lied a few times, then shut up.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

Wiener: rising in favor.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
So if the state tax is increased to cover single payer, wouldn't that be deductible from people's federal taxes, leading to a net reduction in California tax money to the federal government?

Not really complaining about that tbh.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Haha, Wiener looks like such a dork. But I like him, he was literally on my street corner (all alone) waving and talking with people in my neighborhood.

The North Tower posted:

Wiener: rising in favor.

His opening speech has a strong thrust.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

So if the state tax is increased to cover single payer, wouldn't that be deductible from people's federal taxes, leading to a net reduction in California tax money to the federal government?

Not really complaining about that tbh.

Trump is looking to remove the ability to deduct state taxes. Guess who has 78 million thumbs and utilizes that heavily.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

incoherent posted:

Trump is looking to remove the ability to deduct state taxes. Guess who has 78 million thumbs and utilizes that heavily.

These days you can almost predict federal action by how much it hurts California or Californians.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"What happens if we upset the wealthy in California?"

Welcome to what Republicans actually care about. Literally arguing that we need to make laws based on whether or not rich people will be happy about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

1/4 billion dollars! That's...

:: does math ::

Almost $6.50 per person!