Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What did he cut the earth off of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Gen. Ripper posted:

Here's a conservative cartoonist's take on the whole Russia mess:

I'd like to point out this was back in late-december when this position was much much more justifiable.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

of course the Zelda lady is framing a strip around a quote from a Morrissey song, of all things, of course she is

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samurai Sanders posted:

He stabbed it in the butt.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

reignonyourparade posted:

I'd like to point out this was back in late-december when this position was much much more justifiable.

Oh, don't worry. Here's his latest take, published 3 days after Comey got Apprenticed:

quote:

Finally, just as I was sitting down to write this on Tuesday, Trump fired the director of the FBI!

All of these events occurred over the course of less than a week. I imagine even cartoonists with typically much higher productivity rates than my own are straining to keep up—at least, those who care to maintain a decent standard of quality for their drawing, writing, and overall ideas.

I already had an old, as-yet-unused gag in my sketchbook which would be an appropriate response to the AHCA. Give me a day or two, and I could probably come up with something good on James Comey’s sacking, acknowledging both how it probably should’ve happened before Trump even took the oath of office, and the suspicious appearance of it happening now, not to mention how weird it’s been watching Republicans and Democrats repeatedly trade places for the last year over whether Comey’s good or bad.

But by then, some other bonkers event or series of events, connected to any of these only by the constant themes of Donald Trump’s general awfulness, and his political opponents’ demented ranting about Russia, will have captured everyone’s attention.

A passage I deleted from my previous post noted how I felt many of Trump’s critics have mistaken his massive stupidity, volcanic temper, and extremely short-term thinking for Nixonian calculation or evidence of some grand conspiracy.

He’s not smart, folks. He’s not even wily, as I once speculated. Instead, he’s throwing tantrums. Even without the investigation, Trump was no doubt intimidated by Comey towering over him at 6’8”, and already felt the need to assert his “alpha-dog” status while also punishing a convenient scapegoat for his own numerous failings and insecurities.

I certainly hope Trump’s overreach in this matter results in the appointment of an independent special prosecutor to investigate his steaming diaper of an Administration, and that when he or she turns up some heinous criminal activity which still doesn’t prove Russia interfered in the 2016 election, we’re able to focus on that and do something about it, instead of getting lost in crackpot theories that said prosecutor must be covering something up on orders from Putin.

But I’m not optimistic. After all, if he’s capable of learning anything, Trump’s already learned that bombing some foreigners is an at least temporarily-effective red herring.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lurdiak posted:

He stabbed it in the butt.

Oh no not my south pole

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah I was going to say, I think that's an accurate metaphor for what he's done.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Titus Sardonicus posted:

https://twitter.com/AAEC_Cartoonist/status/870311796439220229
edit: I'd post more but I'm waiting for a phone interview to start in, like, a minute

Also here's a thing I saw in a local weekly.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Samurai Sanders posted:

The turtle, duh.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Also here's a thing I saw in a local weekly.

if you want to quote out-of-date cultural references, get them right, dammit. It's "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, there's no way you can prove anything". I believe "you can't prove anything" is an acceptable alternative from merchandising. this fucker got his words from my cartoons wrong how dare he

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I wish this one were sarcastic. I could easily read it as mocking conspiracy theorists, like "it would be insane to think Al Gore would create a giant scientific hoax just to spite people."

Cat Mattress posted:

Hah, rhyming "through" and "enough".

ABCB is a perfectly valid rhyme scheme.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

reignonyourparade posted:

And by justifiable, you mean a lot more used by people who said that pointing out Russian interference is a Red Scare to justify a persecution complex.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Millions impoverished by Barack Obama's invention, taxes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It really is amazing how much of Trump's term has been about just spitefully rolling back everything good Obama accomplished. It's like John Oliver said, "I wouldn't be surprised if he announced that he personally murdered every turkey Obama pardoned."

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
what crime did turkeys do, that we still punish them so

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

what crime did turkeys do, that we still punish them so

their ancestors overthrew the east roman empire

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

That's two from Delonas on the Griffin thing. He's really loving thrilled that someone else is getting dragged for depicting the murder of the president (sans incredible racism), isn't he?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Goddamn Lester is stupid

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Trump's stupid giant head is going to block the sun, killing us all. AGC

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

It really is amazing how much of Trump's term has been about just spitefully rolling back everything good Obama accomplished. It's like John Oliver said, "I wouldn't be surprised if he announced that he personally murdered every turkey Obama pardoned."

I'm personally expecting him to echo Reagan and rip the solar panels off the White House roof again.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

As dark as all this poo poo is, eventually it will have to get the hell out the way and we can get back to decent energy situations. AGC.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

What is that supposed to be coming out of his mouth?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

.Edward Penischin posted:

What is that supposed to be coming out of his mouth?

That's his lower lip. The thing beneath that is actually his chin.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Kit Walker posted:

Trump's stupid giant head is going to block the sun, killing us all. AGC

And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Trump is blocking out the giver of life; checks out.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Reminder that it's the G7 now and has been for three years ever since Russia got kicked out over Crimea. The phrase "G7" has been repeated so often in the news lately that I'm not sure how you'd even get this one wrong. McCoy is a pseudoliterate ignoramus though.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

This really needs a "Men's version", where we can place all the loving trolls that inhabit the Republican base against hot Democratic man-meat.

duz posted:

The turtle, duh.

Then where are the elephants, smart guy?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Duckbag posted:

Reminder that it's the G7 now and has been for three years ever since Russia got kicked out over Crimea. The phrase "G7" has been repeated so often in the news lately that I'm not sure how you'd even get this one wrong. McCoy is a pseudoliterate ignoramus though.

The younger McCoy barely knows the ISA is a country.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Instead of fixing the symptoms, Trump moves to fix the root problem of global warming b blocking out the sun. AGC.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I know that's a McCoy comic but I really don't see how that couldn't be read as critical of Trump.

Too many voters only care about what immediately benefits them rather than long-term consequences. AGC.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

World stops to watch Trump mooning international diplomacy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

People only support Trump because he pays them, AGC.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

You need a Mach 5 to survive the recession.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nice body positive message considering Zelda only dates hunks.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Guys I hate to tell you this but I have come to the conclusion that Mr Ben Garrison is a bad person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mantis42 posted:

Nice body positive message considering Zelda only dates hunks.

zelda would date me, i'm certain

• Locked thread