Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

gregday posted:

I'll be the first to admit my Batsuit/equipment project is weird af and a waste of money for no practical benefit. But I don't gently caress it (or in it).

I would have more respect for you if it was a sex thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I got a goon to help me with a mini Johnnie walker red 1/6th scale model so mines flying with his bottle :allears:

It's not Johnnie Walker but http://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=99_104&product_id=1167

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I'm sorry, i'll just be the elitist nerd over here for not loving my toys and enjoying gotg2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I would have more respect for you if it was a sex thing

Let's be real here

It probably IS a sex thing.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

GoldfishStew posted:

You all spend money on loving toys.

I only spend money on regular toys, but I'm not judging.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

purple death ray posted:

Heat it up with a hair dryer and grab the broken peg with needle nose pliers or tweezers if it's real tiny.

That worked, thank you. Now I don't have to return the figure! :toot:

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

gregday posted:

I'll be the first to admit my Batsuit/equipment project is weird af and a waste of money [...] But I don't gently caress it [...] in it.

that's for drat sure

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Since I guess this is what he thread is about now; I do not gently caress my toys. I do make them watch me masturbate though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

This certainly is a thread

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

purple death ray posted:

You do bring up an interesting topic in this hobby, people trying to collect a certain toy line, usually vintage from their own childhood, vs. people who want the nicest possible versions of their favorite characters. Like I've been buying Batman and the Justice League figures my entire life, from Super Powers up to DC Icons and the Mafex movie stuff, as I continuously upgrade my collection as toys get better and better. It seems to me like people who actually collect vintage toy lines are getting rarer and rarer but that might be the company I keep.

I'm a huge fan of vintage TMNT Donatello, he was my favorite as a kid and not having alot of money I never had alot of them. I am starting to fix that problem as an adult and just added these awesome guys to the collection.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Troll TMNT loving own and I'm heading to eBay to find one now.

(to gently caress)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Why even buy a Batman costume if you're not gonna gently caress in it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That wouldn't be screen accurate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

That wouldn't be screen accurate.

It's comic accurate though.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

gregday posted:

I'll be the first to admit my Batsuit/equipment project is weird af and a waste of money for no practical benefit. But I don't gently caress it (or in it).

You're doing it wrong. Honestly, every time I see it I'm reminded of Adam from Myth Busters and his Maltese Falcon.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Does anyone know which NECA figures have that weird thin neck peg meant for swapping heads? I need an extra one as cheap as possible.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Does anyone know which NECA figures have that weird thin neck peg meant for swapping heads? I need an extra one as cheap as possible.

Ahh, gonna jam it in your urethra, right?

Seriously though, if you can't find one, I can send you the left over sprues from my last storm trooper kit, there should be a peg you can shave off of it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

You'd probably consider it poo poo articulation, but my standard Batman figure in my collection is the Mattel Zipline Batman that predated DC Super Heroes and DCUC, and it's almost 15 years old.

I have the Blue and Grey version of that and the DCSH3 Batman that I use as my default. I need to do some mods to it someday, I have never been happy with the head or cape of it. I have seen people replace them with DCD options and they look good.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

gregday posted:

But I don't gently caress it (or in it).

This is a mistake, imo.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

purple death ray posted:

In other news why is Figma Ulala so loving expensive

Right, and the orange one (which is the superior color because its the original) is a gsc exclusive which means it's only going to get more expensive as time goes on.

For one face and the absolutely banal accessory count it should be considerably cheaper, but figma is now needing to be priced like play arts Kai I guess

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
I really can't get over the reaction you guys are having to this. It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yes we are the pathetic ones here, not the man loving plastic shaped like a real girl.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

here is pic of doll

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's nice that Deadpool has retired to teaching, but he should call more.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's nice that Deadpool has retired to teaching, but he should call more.

He doesn't need to, his girlfriend bought him a doll to gently caress instead

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Right, and the orange one (which is the superior color because its the original) is a gsc exclusive which means it's only going to get more expensive as time goes on.

For one face and the absolutely banal accessory count it should be considerably cheaper, but figma is now needing to be priced like play arts Kai I guess

When in doubt, blame Sega.

The only other stuff around that price point I can see offhand is Deadpool and that's just an expensive license.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah Figma stuff varies wildly based on the license. Sometimes you get a bunch of stuff for £20 other times you get pretty much only the default alternate hands and a single extra face for £50. DX Deadpool does come with an extra set of legs and a whole load of stuff at least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/SD_Comic_Con/status/870623364250951682

Yes, is reference to this

https://twitter.com/evilekim33/status/870630078572634112

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Makes sense they'd use the nasty rear end AvP-R alien.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Goddamn. That's pretty awesome. I had to get mine 3d printed by shapeways. Gonna keep an eye out for a JW bottle now, cause dammit, gonna be movie accurate.

As far as the doll stuff goes, if the dude wants to share some details about articulation or something that'd be cool. It's basically a life sized action figure.

The Batman stuff is cool with me as well. Life sized prop pieces are fun, plus they are basically the world largest action figure accessories.

We all spend money on dumb poo poo. If we didn't this thread wouldn't exist.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Isn't a "life size action figure accessory" just... Anything human beings use to do things? Are we going to start posting about good staplers to buy? Tools? Food? Rocks???

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, if there was a movie or action figure that had a stapler or something, maybe? I dunno. Only figure that I know of that came with a rock was the old marvel Hulk figure.

The obvious answer is to take that one dudes real doll and dress it up in the batman costume.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Ok now I'm on board. I don't want one, but I'm on board.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The obvious answer is to take that one dudes real doll and dress it up in the batman costume.

Okay now we're getting somewhere.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I still don't understand the appeal, but I can at least applaud this one for pulling from such a bizarre source.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I wish they had the eyes but I'll still probably get a couple.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Amazing Yamaguchi Wolverine is up for pre-order now, and looks pretty drat snazzy. Here it is at HLJ, I'm sure the other regular sources have it too. http://hlj.com/product/kyd01304

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Zebulon posted:

Amazing Yamaguchi Wolverine is up for pre-order now, and looks pretty drat snazzy. Here it is at HLJ, I'm sure the other regular sources have it too. http://hlj.com/product/kyd01304

What happened to the cigar? They removed it or its just not in the photos?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Zebulon posted:

How much is shipping on this site generally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I checked a couple of their other figures (Iron Man, a Ninja Turtle) and it was estimating 780 yen for slow untracked SAL. 1850 for EMS. 1990 for Fedex.

$7, $16.75 and $18 USD, respectively.