Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And when this blatantly unsustainable system inevitably collapses, it's going to do significant damage to the economy along with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chumbler posted:

And when this blatantly unsustainable system inevitably collapses, it's going to do significant damage to the economy along with it.

Oh yeah. And it will implode, part of it is that the system is intentionally bloated, in part to essentially scam money from Medicare.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I have decent insurance and unless it is a heart attack, stroke, etc we are loving driving because even the deductible and copay is really high. I am pretty happy to ne with kaiser though since I only get one bill and it cpmes all at once. When I was in my 20s I had to get a ct scan and got billed by several different places and the last one was almost a year later.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Clark Nova posted:

Don't forget that the anesthesiologist will bill separately if they have to put you under. :capitalism:

Even if your hospital is in-network, your anesthesiologist may not be, and so your insurance will arbitrarily not cover it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

ranbo das posted:

There's a dude at my work who swears that not having health insurance is the best way to go because as long as you give a fake name and address you'll never pay a cent. He's an EMT and apparently people will do this all the time with zero consequences.

I'm a coward so I still have insurance but I'm probably BWM.

poo poo like this is hilarious because for like 5% of your adult life it's a plausible scheme (assuming you're a guy), but boy does that window close quick

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

An ambulance could easily be $2000 at the low-end in the US without insurance.

What the loving gently caress. Your country is insane.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZearothK posted:

A sick body indicates a sick mind and heart.

This is literally an argument that was made to justify why people should not receive health care. Fortunately nobody outside of straight up evil people actually bought it. Unfortunately that fact won't do any good.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

ZearothK posted:

The medical system here is legit nuts. Just remember this when you see dumbshits crying about social medicine being evil: they want the system we have now.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Zil posted:

Think in the US it is about $150 or so per mile travelled :911:

I paid $500 for 1/2 a mile.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Me [19F] with my BF [20M] 3 years, just found out I was just a bet

quote:

Throwaway because I've never been more humiliated and hurt in my life. Sorry for the typos. I'm on mobile.
I was 17 when I met my bf, we'll call him Max. To clarify: I was bullied my entire life up until 7th grade. It stopped at 7th grade because I had had enough and beat up a girl (whatever...) and they left me alone after that. There were instances were someone would make a joke but that only happened a couple of times because I was always ready for it and always retorted with something worse. Today, I'm not as socially awkward compared to what I used to be at all. I have many friends that I've introduced, and I hang out with all Max's friends... and yes. The ones that made him do the bet.
How I found out:

I was at a part hosted by a friend of his. I was just hanging with a friend of ours we'll call her Mellisa. We were all sitting on the couch while other people were around us talking about diff. things. Max was next to me. Me and Mellisa were talking about how some relationships can ironicly start out in a horrible way but become really succesful. She then says, "You must have been pissed when you found out about the bet." She had a look of remorse and shame on her face and I really didn't know what she was talking about. Max stopped talking to the guy and turned to look at her and gave her a "Shut up!" look. I asked what she was talking about and she said she was joking but she looked pissed. The rest of the night, Max was being really affectionate and kept saying I love you. That's when I started to get suspicious because he was constantly saying it. When we got home, I asked him about the comment and he immediatly responded with, "Oh she was drunk, don't listen to her." I got even more suspicous cause she was NOT drunk. She didn't even have any alocholic beverages.

Anyway, that was last Saturday and I couldn't get it off my mind. I was typing her this long message when I suddenly got this freaking novel. She texted me and was pissed that he hadn't told me cause he said he had. She explained everything. Max was a very popular kid back then and was proposed with a bet. Basically, this rich kid bet him 100 dollars if he could get me to sleep with him considering I was very shy and any time a guy would make a comment about my body I'd tell them to gently caress off. Well... after maybe less than a year with him, he won the bet obviously.

Needless to say, I'm not only heartbroken. I'm loving pissed. my mom raised me in a way that I never take any poo poo. I confronted him about and when he lied, I just came out with it in an agressive tone and said, "I've got one question. Did you get the 100 dollars?". He started bawling like right then and there. Saying he was stupid, that he really loves me and he's a different person and all that jazz. I didn't really listen. I put on an indifferent face and packed my things and left. He was begging me the whole time and tried to stop me. He's been blowing up my phone since.

Reddit, I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. I seriously feel like I don't love him anymore which is weird cause it happenes so fast. I'm actually disgusted with him. He listened to every horrible story of those times. And to find out that I was a loving bet? I am disgusted and hurt and just so... ugh. I don't want to be with him but I don't know if I'm making the right choice.

Please spare me the "this isn't real" comments. I wish it were.

tl;dr: he won the bet, and got me for an additional 3 years.

EDIT: I've read every comment. I hope that you guys read that one comment about my worries of our incompatibilities somewhere in the comment section. I am going to take some time and really think about our relationship and look at it closely. Thank you very much.

EDIT2: After taling a step back and looking at him and our relationship, I have realized some things and taken the time to take some things seriously. This is a comment that i posted and i was told that i should edit:
He's always tried to convert me to his religion. I am an athiest, and let me be clear that i fully respect his religion. In fact, i encourage him to do all the things he does that involves his church because it makes him happy. However, he constantly begs me to go to church. I went with him at first to make him happy. But then he got very extreme and signed me up for this class his church has and basically it's to, I don't know, convince or really talk to people who are skeptical. He is 100% against gay rights. And i have a very close male friend who recently was diagnosed with AIDS. When i told him this, he said, "Well, maybe he should reconsider his choices." When I asked him what he meant, he confirmed that he was in fact referring to hud sexuality. I asked him what he would do if our children were gay/lesbian and he said, "It's not gonna happen." He's very judgemental to certain people. We were at the gym once and a woman who had more weight on her walked in. He made a sound of disgust and said something about her being unappreciative of her body. I was very shocked and after expressing my anger he half-heartly apologized. Don't even get me started on our sex life. Now that i think about it, the list could go on. Like i said, I've had some time to take a long look at out relationship and these things just don't sit right with me.

quote:

He's very very very agressive in bed.
Like, pulls my hairs, hits me a little too hard, slams my head on the head board lightly or in the pillows. We got into an argument over that, where I (maybe childishly) cussed him out because if felt dirty. He said he'd stop but now he demands sex at random times, and his excuse is that since I'm depriving him of his pleasure, and he's doing something for me (lightening up) I need to do something for him. Needless to say, he got a fist to the balls when he was way too loving persistant.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

dudeness posted:

Me [19F] with my BF [20M] 3 years, just found out I was just a bet

But that's just the plot to How to lose a guy in ten days.

The bet is the least of her worries with that guy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
here's how to lose a girl in 6 years

quote:

I (24M) am too tired to have sex with my fiancee (24F) as much as she would like. I don't know what to do.Relationships
submitted 9 hours ago by tiredforher

So, I work a lot. I work for a Big 4 Tech company, so I often bring my work home with me as well. My fiancee is usually very understanding regarding my work schedule. Stress is a constant thing. She works too, but a more stable 9-5.
When we were in college we'd have sex two or three times a week. She's always been the main 'initiator' but I was always into it. These past couple years, I'm just too tired to even think about sex that often. I'm also not as sexually attracted to her, but I don't really know why. I like that she's now comfortable around me, but I guess some of that initial spark has somewhat faded (although we've been together 6 years so it's not like we were in the honeymoon stage before).

I think we have sex once every two weeks now, although she does initiate more often. She's understanding when I say no, and I try not to be mean about it, but the other day she started crying and says she feels unloved and stuff. Honestly, I got frustrated hearing that. I work so hard. Is it bad that I'd just rather sleep than have sex all the time?

I want to resolve this. I love my fiancee and I know lots of people still handle a regular sex life with a demanding job. I just don't have the interest and I don't know how to get it back. I don't think I'm depressed, I love my work and my life in general.

quote:

She's still a great partner. She takes care of me and is there for me. I'm very grateful to her. I don't know if we're drifting apart outside of this.

quote:

She claims sex is something that relieves her stress. It's never been that way for me. When I'm stressed, sex is the last thing I want.

quote:

I guess I'm worried that working less could cost me my job. I have a ton of colleagues that work way harder because they don't have partners. This is my dream job, it's hard, but I do love it.

Pick fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 2, 2017

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Pick posted:

IME there are more jobs than women who have spent six years of their life with you.

Dude is bad at math.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Unload My Head posted:

IME there are more jobs than women who have spent six years of their life with you.

Dude is bad at math.

They are probably not likely to pay as much, but at the same time you get to also have a life. Though there are people in tech industry jobs with lives and families and poo poo and I don't know how they do it. Probably involves not being a goon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chumbler posted:

They are probably not likely to pay as much, but at the same time you get to also have a life. Though there are people in tech industry jobs with lives and families and poo poo and I don't know how they do it. Probably involves not being a goon.

their spouses are alcoholic

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Pick posted:

Idk that sounds like my boyfriend, with the frequency and not being in the mood if he's stressed. Do you have a link? Can't search right now

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

timefly posted:

Idk that sounds like my boyfriend, with the frequency and not being in the mood if he's stressed. Do you have a link? Can't search right now

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/6eotkm/i_24m_am_too_tired_to_have_sex_with_my_fiancee/

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Their advice is.... good?

I don't know how to feel.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The comments know what's up on that one.

quote:

Oh my god, that's just so terrible and sad. It's like you said "I don't have time for my relationship". You'll regret working so much and not being there for you family and friends when you're old.

quote:

Put 1/100th the effort into getting into that headspace for the woman who loves you enough to put up with this sexual neglect as you do for a company that will fire you if you dare take a moment to tend to your life.
That job is just a job. They know they can abuse you because you've been brainwashed into thinking it's the end all be all.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

fruit on the bottom posted:

This is part of why it costs so much. But it's also hard to blame them when the alternative is bankruptcy

To be fair our company provides something like $300 a month to use for insurance (for single dudes, more for people who are married/have dependents). He just figured out that if he, you know, just didn't spend it on healthcare he would have $300 more a month for booze and smokes.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pick posted:

How can you not be down to bang 3 times per week, god drat. Does this guy work 14 hour days on all 7 days of the week? Even then, you could just give up an hour of sleep every other day or something to bang a few times per week.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 2, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also it's hard on a woman's self-esteem to always initiate, and have it be so uncommon.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pick posted:

Also it's hard on a woman's self-esteem to always initiate, and have it be so uncommon.

I always think stories like that are funny cause yeah it does suck to always be the one to initiate and get shot down often, but usually it's the guy in that position and unless the bedroom is totally dead the advice is much less judgemental of the person destroying their partner's self esteem.

Once every 2 weeks is p yikes tho.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Khorne posted:

How can you not be down to bang 3 times per week, god drat. Does this guy work 14 hour days on all 7 days of the week? Even then, you could just give up an hour of sleep every other day or something to bang a few times per week.
Yeah I don't really get the too stressed thing. Maybe he's gained weight? If he works that hard and just wants to sleep when he gets home he prolly doesn't have any time to exercise or eat healthily and that can really tank your sex drive.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

so men "need" to put out now or else theyre at fault? thats sexist and disgusting

no one should feel forced to have sex if they dont want to

thats rape

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EwU2VPKK0M

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pick posted:

Why only on a w...

Fartbox posted:

so men "need" to put out now or else theyre at fault? thats sexist and disgusting

no one should feel forced to have sex if they dont want to

thats rape

Never mind, seems the well's been poisoned.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

you rapists

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Why only on a w...

Never mind, seems the well's been poisoned.

Well society doesn't expect women to initiate so when the other side has to and they don't you naturally assume it's your fault.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I learned from the past page or so that it's a miracle Americans making less than six figures are even alive. Good Lord :stare:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well society doesn't expect women to initiate so when the other side has to and they don't you naturally assume it's your fault.

Good answer, thank you.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

I learned from the past page or so that it's a miracle Americans making less than six figures are even alive. Good Lord :stare:

Don't worry, the republicans are working tirelessly to fix that as we speak.
The bit about them being alive I mean.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

I miss you Mum and i need to vent...I'm heartbroken that since Mum died, my Dad has wrecked the family, He moved a very callous cold woman into Mum's home after just 2 dates!!! He chose to turn his back on everyone for the sake of this awful woman.

He let her take all Mums things, life, memories and throw them into bin bags with no respect care or emotion. our lives and family have been destroyed by his actions.
I have not spoken to him this year.

I have not voiced our heartache from his behaviour until now... Today I discovered him and his vile woman had gone away somewhere ,so i thought in the sunshine i could go sit on my Mum and Dads back doorstep and sit with Mums rose where her ashes are laid , sit in what was once a family home and Sally's garden, in the sun with my Mum. I sadly found Mum's rose shoved almost in a hedge, weeds overflowing the pot with her ashes and a straggly uncared for rose, ignored and shoved out the way.

Not by the backdoor where she requested to go when she was dying, where he and all of us promised she would be , In its place was some generic pot with some pansy's very cared for in it??

I wonder, Is my Dads new woman so drat insecure she cant even have my Mums memory outside the door.

What can turn a man into such a cold callous uncaring man , just from meeting one woman? This woman is vile,emotionless.cold and extremely selfish, all the things my Mum wasn't. He disrespected S___ memory a lot this year , but to disrespect her grave too?

I miss my Mum more than ever today.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

is this a flower joke

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I(f/23) just found out something about boyfriend(30/m). How to proceed?

quote:

So I met my boyfriend a year ago, dating for 8 months. We're both attractive, he speaks 4 languages, i speak 3. I moved to this city about 3 years ago, he moved here about 2 years ago. English isn't our first language though, so apologies for any errors.
We both have good jobs. He works in IT. I have my own business working from home. We split everything equally, although sometimes he would pay for things, and when he does, I'd make sure pay for the next activity/dinner/lunch.

We started pretty casual(fwb), but we caught feeling for each other not too long after that. We had 'the talk', and we've been exclusively dating since. I've never met anybody like him before. We have the same principles in life. Everything is going great until last night. When we were seeing each other casually, my goodness, we had sex like rabbits. We would do it every day, for hours. Anywhere. Anytime we got the chance to. But ever since we're dating exclusively, the sex has gone down, drastically. Now we have sex maybe once a week, if im lucky.

I didn't know how to address this issue with him, because he has a long work hours. I figured that might be the issue, so i didn't say anything. But it had been a month since we had sex, we did have sex yesterday but he lost his boner mid sex.

This has started to affect me mentally. I don't feel wanted. It sucks because i know I'm attractive, i work out, I've been on Keto for years. I dont smell. I wear nice clothes, nice lingerie. So i finally asked him today, on our lunch break about the issue. At first he said he was tired. I kept pushing the issue and he finally opened up to me. So, Reddit, apparently he's been with so many girls before that he thinks regular sex doesn't turn him on as much anymore. He also said he gets turned out by casual sex. That's why we had so much sex at the beginning. To him, love and sex doesn't go well(whatever the gently caress that means). He doesn't wanna lose me but that's how he is. He loves me so much that he needs to slow down on the sex. He assured me that he's very sexually attracted to me. We left the conversation at that bcs i was confused.

I..i didnt know how to proceed. Never had this problem before and i really need your advice on this matter. Is this a dealbreaker? I see a future with this man, but im only 23. I missed having passionate sex with him.

Tl;dr: boyfriend told me the real issue. I got confused.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

your mom is dead

let your dad keep living, shitbird

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

my mum died recently and that does loving suck. That said the dad was pretty quick to move on (that said he doesn't give us much of a loving timeline), in this kids position I'd probably take the ashes and care for the rose myself since its pretty clearly important and most likely the dad in question either doesn't want to confront it (understandable) or is genuinely a piece of poo poo in which case severing is hardly a loss anyhow.

I assume the guy in the story is a kid by his writing.

Danaru posted:

The dude has some goddamn intimacy issues.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jun 2, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Are my work conditions considered unsafe if another employee has an infection so bad that it literally smells up the entire store?

quote:

This is a really bizarre thing I never thought I'd have to deal with, but- I work with someone who claims to have cellulitis, yet speaks on how her wounds are leaking on her legs (which this awful rotting stench confirms). From what I understand, cellulitis is called as such because it is beneath the skin and therefore isn't contagious- however it IS caused by staph- and I truly feel like this may be a danger to me and others around her. There is a distinctive scent when she isn't around in the store. And I literally cannot stand within two feet of her due to it being so overwhelming. The closest thing I can compare the smell to is frankly, an animal corpse. My employers acknowledge that this is an issue, however they have taken no action to ask her to seek medical attention or take a leave of absence, and she has insisted that she will not do such a thing because she cannot afford to. Any advice for this situation is appreciated. I should mention it is a franchised company and privately owned.

I am around Atlanta GA

:stonk::stonk::stonk: I wasn't going to share this at first, but I appreciate how blunt one of the responses was

quote:

This will, at some point, be a self-solving problem. If she actually does have staph-related cellulitis, then she'll either develop full-on gangrene and be hospitalized for it, she'll go into septic shock and end up in the hospital (or dead), or her immune system will eventually throw it off. However, it may take a while for the situation to change.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [26 M] with my "best friend"[28 M] and ex-girlfriend [27/F]. They're together now and they incessantly want to "make it right." Not sure how to handle it.

For once, the comments aren't garbage:

The brass balls on these two, holy cow. Extra hilarious is the girl offering relationship advice afterwards, yeah no thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I'm... kinda surprised his response wasn't 'time to open the relationship!' Good for him?

She should probably still get tested though.