Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bobby Digital posted:

What if the Thinker is a misdirect and the big bad is Bell Biv DeVoe?

Their main weapon is Poison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Barry will have to run faster than DeVoe thinks.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Bobby Digital posted:

What if the Thinker is a misdirect and the big bad is Bell Biv DeVoe?

I think Gotham has the rights to Poison Ivy, unfortunately.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
"Barry, you never trust a big butt and a smile!"

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
This season barry allen faces his greatest foe yet: someone with a working brain

"I JUST CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEAT HIM SHOULD I RUN FASTER OR WHAT IVE TRIED EVERYTHIGN"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No Barry, you need to go back in time and stand behind the refrigerator and watch Thawne kill your mother again. FLASHPOINT 2! FLASHPOINT 2! FLASPOINT 2!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lotus circle posted:

They dropped the name "DeVoe" a couple times toward the end of the season from the future characters (Savitar and Abra Kadabra.) DeVoe is the name of The Thinker, who is a Flash villain that isn't a speedster. Pretty sure they're going for him as the Season 4 Big Bad.

That is what this thread said about Alchemy before the this season began.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

But they still explicitly said that one of the big bads would be a speedster, they just implied that Alchemy would be the "other" big bad and not a red herring that got sidelined after the reveal of the real big bad.

So far all we have to go on is that quote where they said it wouldn't be a speedster and the Devoe hints. They could still be lying or whatever, and Devoe might not even be the big bad, but it's not like people are just being overly gullible/optimistic or whatever.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm hoping the Thinker will be something like the Master Planner arc from Spectacular Spider Man. From the start of the season make it obvious that the villains of the week are suddenly a lot more organised and prepared, when the Flash busts them they get broken out pretty quickly and it's clear that someone is corralling them all behind the scenes with some ultimate scheme in mind. Maybe go some way to making the Rogues from the comics actually a thing, even if they can't use Cold or Heat Wave.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Guy A. Person posted:

But they still explicitly said that one of the big bads would be a speedster, they just implied that Alchemy would be the "other" big bad and not a red herring that got sidelined after the reveal of the real big bad.

So far all we have to go on is that quote where they said it wouldn't be a speedster and the Devoe hints. They could still be lying or whatever, and Devoe might not even be the big bad, but it's not like people are just being overly gullible/optimistic or whatever.

thebardyspoon posted:

I'm hoping the Thinker will be something like the Master Planner arc from Spectacular Spider Man. From the start of the season make it obvious that the villains of the week are suddenly a lot more organised and prepared, when the Flash busts them they get broken out pretty quickly and it's clear that someone is corralling them all behind the scenes with some ultimate scheme in mind. Maybe go some way to making the Rogues from the comics actually a thing, even if they can't use Cold or Heat Wave.

You mean like what Zoom did?

Edit: as False Jay and sending villain after villain to make Flash faster, etc. Etc.

Edit2: At least we got King Shark.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 1, 2017

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I want each season of this show to be A. Flash jumps into a new dimension then B. Fucks their poo poo right up. Repeat for 100 seasons.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Klungar posted:

I think Gotham has the rights to Poison Ivy, unfortunately.

Gotham is building up to Ra's al Ghul and Supergirl wink-wink-nudge-nudges Batman every 5 minutes, so is that even a thing?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

You mean like what Zoom did?

Edit: as False Jay and sending villain after villain to make Flash faster, etc. Etc.

Edit2: At least we got King Shark.

Well no, they'd be doing it to try and make money or assemble a machine (or the classic, send a costumed freak to rob a place that'll attract the flash while you have a couple goons rob the real thing on the other side of town). Definitely no "I need to make the Flash a better hero" or whatever, my ideal season 4 Flash villain wouldn't really be obsessed with the Flash, maybe he just sees him as an obstacle that you need to plan around.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

thebardyspoon posted:

Well no, they'd be doing it to try and make money or assemble a machine (or the classic, send a costumed freak to rob a place that'll attract the flash while you have a couple goons rob the real thing on the other side of town). Definitely no "I need to make the Flash a better hero" or whatever, my ideal season 4 Flash villain wouldn't really be obsessed with the Flash, maybe he just sees him as an obstacle that you need to plan around.

I just meant in a "my random villain of the week is part of a master plan" not necessarily to force Flash to get faster.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

GigaPeon posted:

Gotham is building up to Ra's al Ghul and Supergirl wink-wink-nudge-nudges Batman every 5 minutes, so is that even a thing?

I was just trying to make a relevant 'Poison' joke v:shobon:v

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wish we could get a role reversal and have Thawne be the good guy cause he's way more interesting than BA.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

I wish we could get a role reversal and have Thawne be the good guy cause he's way more interesting than BA.

I said this months ago, but if they're going to get a 4th Wells in for season 4, they should do a reverse Season 1 Wells where it's actually the real good Wells from Earth-XX only he's wearing Eobard's skin because their confrontation went the opposite way and Wells tooled Thawne and stole his face instead.

That way we get Matt Letscher back AND finally have him able to play off of Tom Cavanagh as Harry.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
TVLine confirms season 4's Big Bad will be DeVoe: https://tvline.com/2017/06/01/flash-season-4-villain-spoilers-thinker-clifford-devoe/

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

It'll all just be an escalating series of Xanatos gambits culminating in a city/reality wide Rube Goldberg machine meant to kill the Flash or make DeVoe master of the universe or something finale worthy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I am quite happy it isn't another speedster.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

MiddleOne posted:

I mean it could be a fake-out, but it'd be a highly disappointing one. There's practically no more evil speedsters they can use.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

I mean it could be a fake-out, but it'd be a highly disappointing one. There's practically no more evil speedsters they can use.

As I stated earlier, the producers met with DC Comics and asked them to create more evil speedsters for them to use. Thus we have Godspeed. And they can still figure out a way to use the Red and Blue Trinity teams.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

GobiasIndustries posted:

I am quite happy it isn't another speedster.

The writers are adjusting him so he is a speedster

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Somewhat Heroic posted:

The writers are adjusting him so he is a speedster

Your avatar gave me an idea. DeVoe is a front for the speedster villain of season 4, Turbo Teen. This is also how they make Wally plot relevant again.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

As I stated earlier, the producers met with DC Comics and asked them to create more evil speedsters for them to use. Thus we have Godspeed. And they can still figure out a way to use the Red and Blue Trinity teams.

So who is Godspeed, and what is his villainous motivation?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lotus circle posted:

There's always more speeders.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Drifter posted:

So who is Godspeed, and what is his villainous motivation?

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/August_Heart_(Prime_Earth)

quote:

August Heart is the detective partner of Barry Allen. August was the only witness to Barry's accident, that turned him into the Flash. While going after a criminal organization called the Black Hole, August was struck by lightning during a Speed Force storm in Central City. He became the Flash's "partner", but in secret, August became the ruthless vigilante known as "Godspeed", and got his revenge on who he suspected to be his brother's killer.

August Heart is a colleague of Barry's whose brother was murdered by a career criminal and his killer was let free due to insubstantial evidence and the destruction of said evidence when Barry and his lab were struck by lightning.

Edit: The only ostensibly good thing to come out of this is that during the Speed Force storm that created a bunch of new speedsters (and then killed a bunch of them), one went onto the New Superman comic as a Chinese Flash to fight alongside a Chinese Superman, a Chinese Batman and a Chinese Wonder Woman.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 2, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Ahaha so Godspeed is basically what Azrael is to Batman (but not insane), but also a very good friend from before who has never been mentioned?
:laugh:

How are they going to do this in teh show,
BA: "Dude, you're KILLING people, you gotta stop!!"
Caitlyn: *slowly slinks out of the room*
Godspee: "Barry, I learned from you. And they're bad people, at least."
Cisco: "yeah, he's kinda got a point, Barr."
BA: "well, here, you can just borrow our illegal underground priso-, err..detention chambers... err vacation suites."
GPee: "Oh poo poo, that's kinda worse than straight up murder, Team Flash ALL THE WAY!!!"

Drifter fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 2, 2017

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Is there anyone still in no-lunch supermax, or did they move everybody to Iron Heights?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Piell posted:

Is there anyone still in no-lunch supermax, or did they move everybody to Iron Heights?

Oh poo poo, I forgot that plot point. Joe found out and made them move it, right? Or something?
And the one thing I DO remember is Barry/Cisco wheeling big belly burger to the prisoners for lunch all the time. :colbert:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Barry will never defeat the worst speedster of all...Showrunner!!!

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Piell posted:

Tokamak is still in their, he knows Barry's secret.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Is Black Siren still in there?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

8one6 posted:

Is Black Siren still in there?

I believe she blew up on Lian Yu with everyone else.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Klungar posted:

I believe she blew up on Lian Yu with everyone else.

I guess I need to watch the last four episodes of Arrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think they mostly stopped using their long term illegal prison when Joe got involved and the PD started doing meta stuff, and now they just use it for temporary holding of serious problems. Which is progress, I guess.

Except apparently for Black Siren for some reason. Maybe the Arrow team just didn't get the memo.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There was also that evil Firestorm guy who they said they were keeping locked up until he forgot their secret identities. Far as we know, he's still down there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Did they let him go after Savitar killed Iris though? Talking about Tokamak of course.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

Except apparently for Black Siren for some reason. Maybe the Arrow team just didn't get the memo.

I thought she was being held by Argus...or wait, that was after she showed up in Star City wasn't it.

Yeah, surprise surprise Flash writers aren't consistent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hamsystem posted:

Barry will never defeat the worst speedster of all...Showrunner!!!

:golfclap:

• Locked thread