Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I am running out of space on my microSD card (I like all my games digital, so that is why). In order to swap it with a higher capacity one, is it just a matter of buying a bigger card, then copying and pasting the files, or is there any Nintendo voodoo I need to do as well?

Yep, just copy and paste unless did some homebrew malarkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I am running out of space on my microSD card (I like all my games digital, so that is why). In order to swap it with a higher capacity one, is it just a matter of buying a bigger card, then copying and pasting the files, or is there any Nintendo voodoo I need to do as well?

If you're staying on the same handheld, all you have to do is copy your old card onto the new one

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DoctorOfLawls posted:

No, it's just the first thing. It's easy.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

DoctorOfLawls posted:

As the people above me said, just copy and paste. Just make sure to copy the entire contents without altering/omitting anything, or there will be trouble.

VVVVVVVVVV

DoctorOfLawls posted:

Thanks people. I am indeed staying in the same handheld - I assume copying the entire contents of one card to the other also keeps my save files etc., correct?

Yep!

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
Thanks people. I am indeed staying in the same handheld - I assume copying the entire contents of one card to the other also keeps my save files etc., correct?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Even if you did homebrew malarkey, just copy everything to a new card exactly as is.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Chronojam posted:

Even if you did homebrew malarkey, just copy everything to a new card exactly as is.

I only mentioned it in case they did emunand/rednand. There are people that still do it. You can't just copy and paste that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Monster Hunter XX Switch was just shown off. Cross play with the 3DS version and save transfers were announced.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The 3ds version never left japan though, right?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

That's right and this Switch one hasn't been announced for anywhere outside of Japan yet.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah XX just came out in Japan, but X (Generations) will have a one way save transfer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dehry posted:

Monster Hunter XX Switch was just shown off. Cross play with the 3DS version and save transfers were announced.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

There's also a one-way savegame transfer option from Monster Hunter X as well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can you transfer from X on 3DS to XX on Switch?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can you transfer from X on 3DS to XX on Switch?

There's an image in the Switch thread that implies that.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Well I only have like 5 hrs in MHG despite like 200 in Tri and 90 in 4U so I'll probably start fresh anyway (or have a lot of time to catch up before it gets localized)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoctorOfLawls posted:

The only thing you might have to consider is if you're switching to a card larger than 32 gb. You'll have to format it to FAT32 beforehand if so.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Don't-own-or-want-a-Switch people, whoever you are: the Switch version of Monster Hunter XX will feature cross-play with the 3DS versions, as well as a 3DS-to-Switch save transfer function. It comes out at the end of August in Japan.

Neither version has been announced for release outside Japan so who even knows if we'll still get the 3DS version.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

SeANMcBAY posted:

That's right and this Switch one hasn't been announced for anywhere outside of Japan yet.

If they announce it's never going to be translated, you can still be a crazy person and get it since they don't region lock the switch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The chance of them not bringing it west are only slightly above zero and the chance of them not bothering with the 3DS version about the same. The Switch is new and selling well but it can't compete with the 3DS install base just yet and Capcom likes money, even if they're not very good at making it anymore.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The L button on my New 3DSXL is kind of unresponsive. I have to push it a few times to get it to register. Trying to blow into it only helps for a little while. Is this a known issue?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Pollyanna posted:

The L button on my New 3DSXL is kind of unresponsive. I have to push it a few times to get it to register. Trying to blow into it only helps for a little while. Is this a known issue?

Got any canned air? Spray some of that in there, you might have some gunk trapped in the mechanism

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
currently on a playthrough of SMTIV (just unlocked my third/fourth terminals after delivering that one demon's head to the horsies)

god drat I forgot how many sidequests they toss at you from all directions, do I want to do some/most of them or can I safely ignore them?

also I probably won't care about what route I end up on unless there are massive gameplay differences because I have too many things to keep track of in my life, i do not wish to add a nebulous alignment system to that list

I can probably just YouTube the different endings before moving on to SMTIVA, eh?

also god this game is so drat good, SMT>persona for sure (though they are both great)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If you want to do the Neutral route, you will need to do the majority of the sidequests. If you're not bothered about a particular route, then you don't. Keep in mind that Neutral route is basically twice as long as either Law/Chaos.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Natsume promised some new announcements before and during E3 this year and they just delivered one: River City Ransom: Knights of Justice is coming to NA/EU on the eShop this Summer.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

irlZaphod posted:

If you want to do the Neutral route, you will need to do the majority of the sidequests. If you're not bothered about a particular route, then you don't. Keep in mind that Neutral route is basically twice as long as either Law/Chaos.

that's a bit lame, is the extra content worth gunning for or can I safely youtube it away?

what a weird format, I guess they want to encourage multiple playthroughs but I hear SMTIVA is already quite samey so no thanks, not gonna play this one again immediately after

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

As far as I know, Neutral route is basically doing the Law and Chaos route dungeons, on top of having to complete the majority of Tokyo sidequests.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Policenaut posted:

Natsume promised some new announcements before and during E3 this year and they just delivered one: River City Ransom: Knights of Justice is coming to NA/EU on the eShop this Summer.

They also announced a second Kunio-kun game: River City: Rival Showdown aka Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari SP aka the River City Ransom 3DS remake that came out at the end of last year. They haven't confirmed a physical release but this one was a full retail game in Japan, unlike Knights of Justice/Nekketsu Mahou which was a smaller eShop game.
https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/869568174307631104

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Deep Badge Bunny Lore Finally Revealed:

quote:

Since it is the last Game Corner after all, I will answer a real question.

“Are you and the Store Manager the same person?”

(Normal Mode)
Ah-!
*You are curious about that?
Well… You see…

(Store Manager Mode)
Four months after the store opened..
The Store Manager who is shy around people was worried if he could …
operate a store where troubled customers pay money to play…
“Arcade Bunny” was the fictitious personality that his distress brought into being.
Arcade Bunny has a cheerful demeanor as scripted.
When we have hard times I blame it on the Store Manager…
And now the Store Manager will never show himself…
That’s the truth of this store.

(Normal Mode)
Considering this, I’d like you to try and keep an open mind about it!

(Normal Mode)
That’s all I’m going to say about myself!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So guess we're never getting Gotta Protectors in the EU...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sakurazuka posted:

It sold so poorly that they can't justify it anymore, but the developer has been talking about porting both games to Switch.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

never lose faith

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
By the way this was also in that last Badge Bunny message:

quote:

Wow! From now on, probably forever-ever it will be Free Play every day!

I think we will do it until the Nintendo 3DS Network Service ends!

Come back and play here on out!

We look forward to you coming again soon!

Considering they're still pumping out games for the 3DS I don't think the Network Service will go down anytime soon. But soon is always subjective I guess.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stupid question as I'm a idiot and couldn't find a answer.

N2DSXL is preordered and taken care of and I bought a 64GB MicroSD card for it only to remember some of them don't work, is a Sandisk Ultra SDXC UHS-I good to go or do I gotta return this thing?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Stupid question as I'm a idiot and couldn't find a answer.

N2DSXL is preordered and taken care of and I bought a 64GB MicroSD card for it only to remember some of them don't work, is a Sandisk Ultra SDXC UHS-I good to go or do I gotta return this thing?

It's fine. You have to reformat it to FAT32 for the 2DSXL to recognize it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's fine. You have to reformat it to FAT32 for the 2DSXL to recognize it.

As someone that's completely inept how would I go about doing so?

If there's a site or something I'm better off using then I'll go ahead and go that way.

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

You can just do it in Windows by right clicking the drive. Nintendo prefer you to use this program:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/220/~/how-to-format-an-sd-card-or-microsd-card

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Attention dishwasherlove: Windows explicitly will not let you format a drive larger than 32 gigabytes to FAT32 (instead requiring ExFAT or NTFS), and SDFormatter will format it exactly how it was programmed to be formatted at the factory (which for >32GB will not be FAT32 but ExFAT).

ThisIsACoolGuy claims his MicroSD card is 64 GB.

No edition of the 3DS reads ExFAT.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

As someone that's completely inept how would I go about doing so?

If there's a site or something I'm better off using then I'll go ahead and go that way.

Fat32Format (also available in command line) is bone simple.

Rufus is mostly used for making boot sticks but can also be tweaked to format large USB sticks and memory cards to FAT32 (mostly by unchecking bootable disk and leaving the partition scheme MBR).

Note that you only need to use these for things like SDXC cards in 3DSes or old cameras or something - so, for example, now's good.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jun 2, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dishwasherlove posted:

You can just do it in Windows by right clicking the drive. Nintendo prefer you to use this program:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/220/~/how-to-format-an-sd-card-or-microsd-card

You can't just use Windows because FAT32 only officially recognises like 4GB you need a third party programme to format anything bigger than that.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
Ok hold up. I was reading through the switch thread and apparently a lot of people hate Miis and street pass?

I realize this thread might be biased but is there a large swath of people who don't like the Mii related stuff?

I LOVE my Mii :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I used Street Pass during the past half-decade or so, but I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't be fond of it.

Really it only became something reliable to look forward to if you either:

- Lived in a big city a few years ago when people still regularly played their 3DS
-Went to some sort of mass media convention.
-Used the relay services once they went up in 2013.

And even then with the last one, a lot of "Normal" relays aren't functional anymore compared to 2013-2015.