Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Does Sozhe ever get good enhancements? I really like his character model, but it seems like the game has way better tanks already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

CaptainScraps posted:

I am weak and need big strong arms to carry me! 645,275,373. I'll send gifts every day.

Added you, friend. My Olive will be back up to 1060 attack tomorrow once this mog king event is over, she should be of some help.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I need events more often that give moogle rewards, I want my Aileen to be more up to snuff with her Artisan, which is at 50%. Sadly my next batch of TMRs for her are rather far away, a quick Assault at 20% and bracer at 10%. I also have a blade mastery cooking at 30% right now, I think it should work to give her that and the genji blade in her offhand.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

fullTimeLurker posted:

Does Sozhe ever get good enhancements? I really like his character model, but it seems like the game has way better tanks already.

I use him for chaining/spark chaining right now when I need a straight damage or chain team.

Cecil is my tank of tanks. Maxed LB and DEF

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No new banner this week? I guess Im saving those lapis

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
DODGE MEGAPOST
Or how I built a ridiculously annoying arena unit.

Sidenote: Currently there isn't much in the way of units/items with magic evade so this is just focusing on physical evade.

Weapons
Kiyomori + 10% Physical Evade
Swordbreaker +5% Physical Evade

Armor
Assassin's Vest + 10% Physical Evade
Stylish Black Dress (Dangerous Ariana only) + 10% Physical Evade
Vampire Cloak + 10% Physical Evade

Accessories
Twenty-Sided Die +20% Physical Evade (does not stack with itself)
Ring of the Lucii +25% Physical Evade

Ability Materia
Quick Assault +10% Physical Evade
Evade (Cyan's TM) +10% Physical Evade
First Strike +5% Physical Evade
Speed Plus +5% Physical Evade
Miracle Step +5% Physical Evade
Spirit of Freedom +10% Physical Evade (supposedly doesn't stack with itself)

Units with innate physical evade
Ling (40%)
Chizuru (20% base, can be enhanced to 40%)
Trance Terra (30%)
Lightning (30%)
Noctis (20%)
Xon (20%)
Freyvia (20% Magic AND Phys)
Kefka (20%)
Thancred (20%)
Yda (20%)
Randi (15%)
Lawrence (10%)
Setzer (10%)
Shiki (10%)
Shine (10%)

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 2, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

the wiki says yda will have a 20% dodge innate too, so get ready to edit that list tomorrow too :v:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ling (40%)

gently caress YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON, YOUVE SINGLE HANDEDLY COST ME SO MANY ARENA GAMES EVEN THE COMMON NOCTI CANT HOPE TO COMPARE.

Anyways whats the general consensus on the SD3 people so far? Kevin seems straightforward damage shitter enemy eater, Hawkeye is a hybrid with lovely but also good moves with debuffs, and Riesz's kit is a clusterfuck but with absurdly stupid buffs im noticing.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

:siren:SPEND YOUR BAHAMUT RAID COINS IF YOU HAVE ANY LEFT!:siren:

I've got a few slots open for my newly 900+ atk greg. I'll kit him out with stone killer if needed for PRO/ELT (lol) carry.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

armadillo

armadillo

armadillo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JevOJeRzIk

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Went ahead and added Jet and Fluffy (thanks dudes),

CaptainScraps posted:

I am weak and need big strong arms to carry me! 645,275,373. I'll send gifts every day.

and also added you. If Reberta, starting in an hour, ends up being not strong enough for what you need, feel free to kick stronger goonfriends, but I do want to try paying forward the kindness I've already gotten.

Shoenin posted:

Anyways whats the general consensus on the SD3 people so far? Kevin seems straightforward damage shitter enemy eater, Hawkeye is a hybrid with lovely but also good moves with debuffs, and Riesz's kit is a clusterfuck but with absurdly stupid buffs im noticing.

Consensus on Lise seems divided. Her buffs and debuffs are The Strongest, as advertised, but I've seen arguments that a few others in JP are more practically stronger due to factors like length. Lise needs to juggle a lot of stuff, a bit like Minfilia, to get full support mileage, but unlike Minfilia she also wants to attack so :shrug:

Khisanth Magus posted:

I need events more often that give moogle rewards, I want my Aileen to be more up to snuff with her Artisan, which is at 50%. Sadly my next batch of TMRs for her are rather far away, a quick Assault at 20% and bracer at 10%. I also have a blade mastery cooking at 30% right now, I think it should work to give her that and the genji blade in her offhand.

Yeah, I'm going to manage to get the 10% moogle right here at the end (thanks goons!) and that'll bring Crimson Blood to 41%. I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing more baha raid since I was playing at least a bit while it was up. I mean, that's pure hindsight because I pulled ~my Reberta~ after the event ended, but even so, knowing I missed out on so much Crimson Blood trust hurts a bit :v:

and of course, the wages of global exclusives: who the gently caress knows when we might get those specifics mogs again, period :smith:

For my money, Rise remains the best song for mishearing the lyrics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IiOzi05IlA&t=313s

Rise up and eat your spicy meatballs

Now rise up and realize I'm Bob Dole

Now rise up and kindly try to get out

I do unironically want Alex Prime in BE; you actually could make the timegates work with the dual-party system and it'd blow peoples' minds.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Opened up seven spots dor my Double Stone Killer 900+ Orlandeau.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Ok, so Titan is a bit harder than previous raids. Even on Elt I can't just steamrolled him like I could bahamut.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I just opened up a bunch of slots on my stone--killer Orlandeau as well. Only 800 attack currently though.

891 565 523

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Protip: Minfilia with the Protection of the Gods materia is really good. Tumults will trigger it often, sometimes healing your group to full. This is especially good if you're using Refia or Luka, as Titan's damage output can outstrip non-dualcast healing.

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 2, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Hah, Taitan doesn't seem to have been adjusted down from JP at all. The salt from some corners will be tremendous.

Also the achievements page for listing individual rewards doesn't even seem to be functional. Oh dear. :allears:

I at least can clear Pro reliably, especially with help from goons or other maxed Rebertas. Crimson Death chains are a hell of a thing.

Also, itbegins.avi:

At least a later summon was a bit more kind:

And oh my god the madmen actually did THAT pose for Minfilia's win, what.

(For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuELXU0OEs4, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuELXU0OEs4&t=306s for most relevant part w/o context)

Now to look forward to the long, twilight grind to get Y'shtola. At least she's guaranteed if you get enough points. We hope. :smith:

fullTimeLurker posted:

I just opened up a bunch of slots on my stone--killer Orlandeau as well. Only 800 attack currently though.

891 565 523

Goon recommended, I already have Lurker on my list and he has been helpful!

Varance posted:

Protip: Minfilia with the Protection of the Gods materia is really good. Tumults will trigger it often, sometimes healing your group to full. This is especially good if you're using Refia or Luka, as Titan's damage output can outstrip non-dualcast healing.

The real question is when Protection of the Gods will unlock for newer guys. I'm guessing it's gonna be real deep in the individual credit ladder.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
ELT Raid Titan isn't so bad. 2 turn kill for me with two Setzers and Olive.

The key is breaking his attack, that'll let you survive the tumult spam. Friend Orlandus work well for that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Trial Titan is easy with dual stonekiller Cids, but other stonekiller DPS can sub in just fine.

You absolutely have to keep ATK/MAG break up at all times. He resisted Lings dance a few times so I finally just started having her do it every turn and hope it sticks.

Stall till turn 4 and then bring him below the 60% threshold and nobody gets ejected. Dual Cids can dual DR and get there in a single turn. While I was stalling I had both Cids use cleansing strike to build my esper summon bar. Bar was filled by turn four so I opened the heart and summoned for the mission.

When the heart opens up, again stall till turn 8 and once again nobody gets ejected. Try to get your esper mission done before you kill the heart, should be plenty of time. Kill the heart on turn 8 it dies quick to dual DR.

Now just rape the boss with dual DR.

This can be done with a single friendlandu (take mine!), but stonekiller DPS is very helpful.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i cleared up ten friend slots, my olive only has 943 attack with stonekiller but she still gets the job done

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

Trial Titan is easy with dual stonekiller Cids, but other stonekiller DPS can sub in just fine.

You absolutely have to keep ATK/MAG break up at all times. He resisted Lings dance a few times so I finally just started having her do it every turn and hope it sticks.

Stall till turn 4 and then bring him below the 60% threshold and nobody gets ejected. Dual Cids can dual DR and get there in a single turn. While I was stalling I had both Cids use cleansing strike to build my esper summon bar. Bar was filled by turn four so I opened the heart and summoned for the mission.

When the heart opens up, again stall till turn 8 and once again nobody gets ejected. Try to get your esper mission done before you kill the heart, should be plenty of time. Kill the heart on turn 8 it dies quick to dual DR.

Now just rape the boss with dual DR.

This can be done with a single friendlandu (take mine!), but stonekiller DPS is very helpful.

How do you stall when the core opens? I had all buffs up and suddenly he did 3000+ damage to everyone as soon as the core opened. Per attack. Needles to say I died.

e: my assumption is ATK break faded at the same time, thinking about it. I had assumed that since Titan was invulnerable during the core being out, and the Core was immune to ATK break, I didn't need to reapply. I was very, very wrong.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 2, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I kicked Cecil out of my party today and slotted in Wilhelm. Goodnight sweet Paladin.
Wowie is Willhelm fun to use though. Being able to do more than Provoke and Curaja feels good. With Minfilia and Yshtola I have all the support I could ever use outside a Marie.

I would like some cool helmet and heavy armor to work towards though. Knowing I have the "best" because there's so little options available feels kinda... limiting.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

arisu posted:

ELT Raid Titan isn't so bad. 2 turn kill for me with two Setzers and Olive.

The key is breaking his attack, that'll let you survive the tumult spam. Friend Orlandus work well for that.

I didn't even think of that. It'll be way easier once I get this stupid no green magic clear. I'll have to try attack break next time. ELT is kicking my rear end otherwise.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Man this raid is not awesome when your best DD is Firion.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I switched my friend unit to a 746 ATK Orlandeu with Stone Killer.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

CyberLord XP posted:

Man this raid is not awesome when your best DD is Firion.

My Firion does more damage than my 780 atk Lightning and 650 atk Mercedes (with Viking axe) combined.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Set up my Reberta for this to chain with everyone elses, Gumi not awakening Warrior of light for global is really starting to hurt without that tanking and breaks now.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Firion gets ignored in here often not out of hate but because he isn't one of the chosen game breakers.

He has served me well for several months now. Equipped right Fin Briar can do some really strong single target damage. I just ran a team to try something and spread his equipment elsewhere. I just re-added him with toned down gear and he still does decent damage.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I've got some spots open if any goons want a 907 stone killer Orlandeu.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Firion can carry you through the story and a lot of trials but by now the game has solidly established itself into the linkers meta. Without his enhancements Firions FB cant pull the weight as a finisher and even then you need two characters to set up the chain anyways.

I can barely beat Tidus when both trance Terras if I have a Orlandude friend with killers up. He goes down quickly but in a battle of attrition I'll end up losing because Luka just doesn't have the health to survive the tumults if one of the tanks isnt blocking her. Another thing that fucks us here and not in japan because they have proper AOE tanks that we dont have.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Also, guys, I know that Golem has Stone Killer and everyone's swapping their Orlandus over. But have a heart. Not all of us can thrash Titan in two rounds, some of us have to take the long route. And Golem on anyone other than a tank is a death warrant. Tumult triggers cover so fast, then that person will probably end up dead. I've lost to ELT Titan twice now, and both times I can blame Golem's cover for landing me in unrecoverable states. I'm starting to get grumpy. (I removed Golem from Noctis because it was killing him repeatedly, but I can't fix Orlandu jumping in front of people and soaking a million damage)

Also I hate that I have to put my Healers in the front row. The cover mechanics are incredibly counter intuitive. (For those of you that don't know, Cover always checks its percentage in order. It'll check the 1st slot first, then 2nd, etc. Therefore, the person in first slot has the highest chance of being covered.)

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

I've been too lucky lately without spending more then 99 cents I've rolled Orlandu, Ling, Olive, and now Wilhelm. I wish I was as lucky in life.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

It looks like my Aileen build can work decently on Titan. She's got a ribbon, decent amount of HP and 3 stone killers. She can't solo or one-shot, but you'll be getting some good damage in.

226 372 592.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
First Yshtola of the event! I had 6 last event, lets see if I can beat that this time!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Haven't managed to clear ELT Titan yet, but I've gotten close. I just have a hard time keeping up with the damage. Refia just falls over with a stiff breeze, even in heavy armor with Embolden up.

Did get a Yshtola, though, so that'll be nice. Didn't have a dual cast healer.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
May be kind of a dumb question, but if you reuse a break ability does it extend the length of the ability, or do you have to wait for it to wear off and reapply?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Yeah I'm not saying Firion is bad in any way, it's just this trial doesn't gel with his killers which hamstrings him.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Trial Titan is easy with dual stonekiller Cids.

C:\ShitWeAlreadyKnow\ :fuckoff:

Dana Crysalis posted:

Also, guys, I know that Golem has Stone Killer and everyone's swapping their Orlandus over. But have a heart. Not all of us can thrash Titan in two rounds, some of us have to take the long route. And Golem on anyone other than a tank is a death warrant. Tumult triggers cover so fast, then that person will probably end up dead. I've lost to ELT Titan twice now, and both times I can blame Golem's cover for landing me in unrecoverable states. I'm starting to get grumpy. (I removed Golem from Noctis because it was killing him repeatedly, but I can't fix Orlandu jumping in front of people and soaking a million damage)

Also I hate that I have to put my Healers in the front row. The cover mechanics are incredibly counter intuitive. (For those of you that don't know, Cover always checks its percentage in order. It'll check the 1st slot first, then 2nd, etc. Therefore, the person in first slot has the highest chance of being covered.)

All of ELT Titan's attacks can be dodged. So just make your Noctis is 100% dodge, throw Golem on him and dodge/cover everything. I'm not sure how dodge interacts with cover, but whatever he'd normally be hit by he'll dodge so if nothing else it's a wash.

Really though the key to ELT Titan is having your DEF buffed and his ATK broken. Do those and you'll be fine. It's really counterintuitive that all his attacks are physical because you're assume you'd need some kind of Earth protection.

The team I'm using right now is Dark Fina(ATK/DEF break), Refia(Embolden), Lightning(100% dodge), Olive, Reberta and pretty much any DPS friend. He dies on turn two and my units have barely taken half damage(with the exception of D.Fina because you know Mage, she still survives the first turn though).

Khisanth Magus posted:

May be kind of a dumb question, but if you reuse a break ability does it extend the length of the ability, or do you have to wait for it to wear off and reapply?

Resets/overwrites the timer(assuming it's the same or better break, I think if it's a worse break they both are in effect but only the higher value is applied).

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 2, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Cleared out some spots for new goons, feel free to add my 870 attack stonekiller Orlandeau: 923,642,166

I don't think I really want to play another MMO anytime soon but drat if the music from 14 doesn't get me a little pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

Go gently caress yourself. I mean really. Does this poo poo even need to be said? Everyone knows by now that dual Cids will walk through everything for the next 4 months or so.

Yeah, all the "This is how you do this trial if you have 2 cids, it is so easy!" posts on every...single...trial is exactly the opposite of helpful, because the only potential reason you could have to lose is accidentally doing too much damage at once.

Is the trial Titan soloable by a dodge lightning/noctis who is immune to stone? The knocking you out of the fight ability could be a problem, but one post said it can be avoided?

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 2, 2017

• Locked thread