Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

nearly killed em! posted:

can we instead talk about the alternate character portraits? because i want a duelist portrait as sexy as the art on the passive tree.
P2W Ascendant durr face replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jinnigan posted:

3. Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Leap Slam - Fortify ? Does AW+Fort buff the totem or yourself?

I dont think totems can be fortified, but the logic says both get the support

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

If I go blood magic with ngamahu life cyclone raider, what should my 4-links be? I'm thinking:

1. CWDT - IC - Inc Dur - Vaal Cyclone
2. CWDT - Ball Lightning - CoH - Flammability
3. Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Leap Slam - Fortify ? Does AW+Fort buff the totem or yourself?

It buffs the totem since the totem is the one attacking.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

whypick1 posted:

Now if they could just do the same for stash tab configurations...

I was gonna say that this seems like very little gain for who knows how much effort, but then I remembered just how many stash tabs some of you lot have

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

megalodong posted:

It buffs the totem since the totem is the one attacking.

it woul be funny to see, but the totem isn't leapslamming...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Valle posted:

I was gonna say that this seems like very little gain for who knows how much effort, but then I remembered just how many stash tabs some of you lot have

More importantly, how many the guild has. skyl3lazer has to login and manually setup all 30someodd tabs in normal and hc temp leagues.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1905162

How the gently caress does one do this?
Is trade/Guild Stash gonna be allowed or do these races also count as self-found?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

lurksion posted:

P2W Ascendant durr face replacement?

That would imply that anybody would actually roll one.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Elentor posted:

Is trade/Guild Stash gonna be allowed or do these races also count as self-found?

You git gud. Also the 24 hour fixed seed races tend to have something abusable in them.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it woul be funny to see, but the totem isn't leapslamming...

Oh whoops, missed that there was that too...

Yeah it's both in that case. Totem from its own attacks, you from your leapslams.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
How crazy are the people who win these sorts of races?

Those modifiers make it sound impossible in general, not just for a timed event.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
So no more linking NPC item for elreon 6 rota huh. Hope they add some other method of seeing what the master level of someone is so you don't end up with a level 1 guy in 6s and ending up losing half of your xp

And rip they didn't make a randomized portal effect yet

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Elentor posted:

I would actually be shocked if anyone can do this. I think the current record in 5h BLAMT races was Western Forest or something hilariously low level like that.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

excited to try my first HH race in like 20 mins

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
What's a good build for that? Last time it took me too long on a lovely build to get the mtx box

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

oh apparently the HH league starts in an hour. says 11 but its 11 in my timezone now and it's got an hour to go

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I think I won't be doing races while I'm at work, weirdly enough.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I just want the free box, which is like level 11? whats the easiest thing to carry me there

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ranger is probably the easiest i imagine, bow+split arrow or whatever

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Skyl3lazer posted:

I would actually be shocked if anyone can do this. I think the current record in 5h BLAMT races was Western Forest or something hilariously low level like that.

What build would one level for something like this? I wanna loving try this race

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

To update my previous post, there was previously another 24h Malachai kill race

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1464003

13 people managed to do it. So, good news, if you kill him you will 100% get both microtransactions and a key!

Helmann has a video of his flame totems marauder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NF0ixKNOc

Apparently that time there was an Arcanist's box very early on (fixed seed) that people farmed to chaos spam gear.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 2, 2017

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
BLAMT races are the ultimate in face smashing, good luck reaching level 2. Seriously if you don't find a bow in the first barrel or chest on twilight strand you probably won't even kill hillock.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Why did the first HH race have to be while I'm at work? :(

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Budgie posted:

BLAMT races are the ultimate in face smashing, good luck reaching level 2. Seriously if you don't find a bow in the first barrel or chest on twilight strand you probably won't even kill hillock.

they changed BLAMT so now every character starts with a crude bow

still ridiculously rippy

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

died at level 17 :(

J
Jun 10, 2001

They try to hype up these events with these new fun sounding race types but then clog up the opening weekend with a 24 hour BLAMT race, run that poo poo later you fuckers :argh:

I hope they find a way to add asynchronous racing because I really want to try these uber beyond/breach but uhh there aren't that many of them and most of them will be when I'm at work. I kinda don't even give much of a poo poo about the racing part I just want to try some ridiculous mechanics that they'd never be able to do in a normal league.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Is it 2 weeks or a month until we get the box?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Got to 18 and Forbidden Ruins in Descent before getting killed with a minute left. I keep getting lost in the passageways and still aren't very good at speedrunning but it was fun

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

17, sucked more at racing than you.

I think I need to stop using Ranger.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I've only done like four races and they were all ranger

e: first race I ever did I started fifteen minutes in and got a Silverbranch off the first boss

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 3, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How are awards distributed? Are they distributed instantaneously after the league is over, an hour later, a day later? Do you get a message on the forum, is there a thread with a list of who's been awarded?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I got purged for inactivity, any space left in the guild? Ingame name is IvanaFuxalot

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

20 Invaders doesn't seem like a big number until you actually run into them :derp:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah the invaders thing is totally insane. I found it got a lot easier once I'd gained a few levels and got some rare gear, but by then the race was ending.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Qwertycoatl posted:

Yeah the invaders thing is totally insane. I found it got a lot easier once I'd gained a few levels and got some rare gear, but by then the race was ending.

Same. I entered a bit late and got to level 8. Getting over the initial cliff face of difficulty seems to be the main issue. The race leaders likely got good drops from the first few invaders.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got to level 12 after ripping a bunch in the first area. After you get past it it's not that hard but drat are the first few levels brutal.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Skyl3lazer posted:

Pretty sure I saw ziz do izaro around 6 hours into a BLAMT

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nightwisher posted:

I got purged for inactivity, any space left in the guild? Ingame name is IvanaFuxalot

"character does not exist"

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
ive just started playing again, whats a good racing build? managed to hit 20 on the winterheart ledge, and 13 on the invaders everywhere, using shadow magma orb + fire trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Phobophilia posted:

ive just started playing again, whats a good racing build? managed to hit 20 on the winterheart ledge, and 13 on the invaders everywhere, using shadow magma orb + fire trap

shadow is pretty good, traps and elemental skills combine portty well (unless you play ledge, then they fall off p fast unless you get godlike gear)

• Locked thread