Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Dunking is also moba slang for hitting someone with a massive single damage skill, typically one that comes from above in animation. I.e. Darius from lol

Also I still think it's the opposite case, that borb build is way better for pushing (have to farm guys for one) while laser is better for fighting over objectives. That's how it's played out in all my experiences.
It's going to be what the player is comfortable with. Since the positioning for both are completely different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Depends, though. If you need to take the pressure off one of your other DPS, being a big fat laser dude is the right choice.

Are we just talking about QM things? I can see taking laser if your team just has no tank or something. That's probably the better choice.

There's nothing stopping you from lasering people in the middle of the team fight even if you go dunk build though, and they still can't ignore your laser even if you didn't talent it. You can both dunk people and get them to attack you if that's your goal. You get the added bonus of doing more damage overall since your dunks hit like a truck.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Also I still think it's the opposite case, that borb build is way better for pushing (have to farm guys for one) while laser is better for fighting over objectives. That's how it's played out in all my experiences.
It's going to be what the player is comfortable with. Since the positioning for both are completely different.

Laser burns down forts faster than dunks. So on Hanamura you can go laser and put immense pressure on a single lane. Orbs are good for putting light/moderate pressure on multiple lanes.

On shrines though orb is without a doubt better at completing the objective. On a map like Dragonshire where you have small skirmishes laser is also better, you're definitely right there. However, Azmo really isn't good on a map like Dragonshire so laser is more about making the best of a bad situation in QM. His two strongest maps are probably Hanamura and Nuclear Junction. I would definitely recommend laser on the former and dunk on the latter.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Untalaneted laser has an effective range of Raynor auto attacks.
With increasing range and March of sin I have lasered someone at the center of battlefield and then they died at their gate as they tried to run away. The ability to stick to people is night and day

I mean yeah, but then you can just dunk them for 1500 damage and kill them from 3 screens away after they run away from your laser. It's not that laser is BAD it's that dunking is better.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 2, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Untalaneted laser has an effective range of Raynor auto attacks.
With increasing range and March of sin I have lasered someone at the center of battlefield and then they died at their gate as they tried to run away. The ability to stick to people is night and day

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Shutting down a laser Azmo is really trivial if you have a few competent people with stuns. It takes a fairly long time to ramp up before it becomes a problem. You can frame it as soaking stuns, but really if you're laser build we just traded a few abilities to basically neutralize an entire hero and that's a very good deal for us.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Supposed Malth talent scoop:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6euc2c/malthael_talent_tree/

e: as expected, he can talent some mobility. Neat. I like the design so far, but a lot still depends on his numbers, especially cooldowns, AA speed, base damage (would be weird for it to be 0 since buildings), and his tankiness.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 2, 2017

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It seems to me like y'all are suggesting that laser Azmo shouldn't show up to the team fight, even though he has two to three skill shot absorbers on decent cooldown and a hefty chunk of health. Azmo is, like many heroes, very dependent on map awareness. There are very few reasons I would recommend split pushing while there's a team fight over contributing to the fight, and then pushing once you wipe em.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Oof. I hope that is wrong because that is a hell of a lot of Actives, like piano Uther lot of actives.

e; Some of these tiers also seem to have obvious "bests" sight unseen on the tuning. A hero with a qualified engage and no escape has the option to take an escape, would there ever be a case where Fear the Reaper wasn't what you took at 1 here?

e2; I wonder what the cooldown on [Active] No One Can Stop Death is, should be interesting to see a Malth ride this talent out and end up with a 10 minute death timer when they gently caress it up.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 2, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Snacksmaniac posted:

The real issue isn't being addressed. Aren't they more like three pointers than dunks most the time?

Lobbin one at that 8% red guy tryin to hearth away and thinking they were in a safe spot :getin:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Bogart posted:

It seems to me like y'all are suggesting that laser Azmo shouldn't show up to the team fight, even though he has two to three skill shot absorbers on decent cooldown and a hefty chunk of health. Azmo is, like many heroes, very dependent on map awareness. There are very few reasons I would recommend split pushing while there's a team fight over contributing to the fight, and then pushing once you wipe em.

Nah, laser Azmo definitely needs to show up to the team fight. He just can't contribute as much as dunk Azmo. Ignoring a team fight to split push is almost always wrong no matter what hero or spec you're playing. Unless you're TLV on Garden I guess.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Lazer build does well in low mmr QM settings but in serious games is trivially easy to shut down. If you're finding great success with it you're probably in low skills games and suck at landing dunks anyway.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Was is a "serious game?" When I played overwatch people would always say Junkrat was bad I'm organized or high level play. Whatever they thought they meant in practice any clown shoes bullshit worked even in mid diamond if you were any good at it.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

loving lol "serious" HotS

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you're winning it's because your opponents are bad. Moba 101.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Olaf The Stout posted:

Lazer build does well in low mmr QM settings but in serious games is trivially easy to shut down. If you're finding great success with it you're probably in low skills games and suck at landing dunks anyway.

:yikes:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

chumbler posted:

If you're winning it's because your opponents are bad. Moba 101.

I can't believe being better at the game than my opponent was the trick this whole time

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I read over these talents more carefully and I think Malthael's gonna be a sleeper. Hard to say how he'll perform in fights but I can see multiple build paths already. He's for sure going to be an overwhelming presence in the solo lane, though, almost a hard counter to heroes like Dehaka or Artanis who can't get near him without getting melted.

Black Harvest + Tormented Souls + Memento Mori seems like a nasty combination. Throwing Shade + Final Curtain seems fun with Sonya's Crater or Leoric's Entomb.

:siren: Mortal Strike effect at 7 :siren:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

If the talents are real there's some good names in there. The order is probably wrong. I think all the actives are going to be on the same level.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

BrianBoitano posted:

Supposed Malth talent scoop:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6euc2c/malthael_talent_tree/

e: as expected, he can talent some mobility. Neat. I like the design so far, but a lot still depends on his numbers, especially cooldowns, AA speed, base damage (would be weird for it to be 0 since buildings), and his tankiness.

Yeah nah I'll wait for official release of his talents, people are really bad at game mechanics and coming up with ideas on how Kel'thuzad would work.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Spudd posted:

Yeah nah I'll wait for official release of his talents, people are really bad at game mechanics and coming up with ideas on how Kel'thuzad would work.

Destructoid articles have been the talent reveals for the last like 4 or 5 heroes, I'd say this one is probably true!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

Destructoid articles have been the talent reveals for the last like 4 or 5 heroes, I'd say this one is probably true!

I'll still wait, the fact that there is another mortal strike effect in there screams to me that it's not 100% on the ball, especially at level 7.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Spudd posted:

I'll still wait, the fact that there is another mortal strike effect in there screams to me that it's not 100% on the ball, especially at level 7.

It's an activatable and only 6 levels lower than someone with a with a low cooldown mortal strike

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Varian's one is kinda weird because you can't really choose exactly when to use it unless you stand around holding your dick for the right moment, or are Fury in which case good luck! The only other one when you can decide it to happen is a level 20 talent for Xul and even then it's a skill shot.

If it's on a minute cool down I'll buy it, but even then I'll be lovely with it.

Mortal strike. :argh:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

So much overthinking of Azmo

Laser build is for when the enemy team needs to be close to you (melee or similar) to be effective and also lacks mobility, ie has no traversal ability, is a 'walker,' etc.

In all other cases you go push, so nearly all your games you should probably not be laser

In HL with a built team it is acceptable/better to go for the last hit stacking but that may have fallen out of favor now? I don't play him in HL

If you think laser is fun and you're in QM just do whatever you want

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Spudd posted:

I mean they gave Alarak battle momentum at level 1

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I mean they gave Alarak battle momentum at level 1

You're thinking of harden focus, Battle Momentum is when you hits things and your stuff cools down faster which is considerably different.

I get that Malth should have a mortal strike, he's a dude about death and Xul is a dude about death and he has it. I just don't see it being a level 7 ability. Maybe 13 so he has to choose between either his survival or lessening the chance for the dude he is focusing on to survive.

EDIT: I just found out that Valeera has one at level 4 I just never noticed it. v:v:v

Spudd fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 2, 2017

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I'm not seeing any talent list, did they remove it?

e: found it elsewhere

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Snacksmaniac posted:

The real issue isn't being addressed. Aren't they more like three pointers than dunks most the time?

Gamers don't know much about sports.

Film at 11.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
All other considerations aside, I love that Malthael has a talent called "Throwing Shade." :allears:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMcd8QEPzUY

In Dev, love that they've gone full Overwatch with fun holiday/season themed sprays.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Time to speedo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is that an Imperius skin for Tyrael at the end?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Theres a spray of Chromie in a bikini

the game is complete

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

W.T. Fits posted:

All other considerations aside, I love that Malthael has a talent called "Throwing Shade." :allears:

Some top tier talent names for sure

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Crafting all of that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Midnightghoul posted:

Theres a spray of Chromie in a bikini

the game is complete

Not available as a skin though. :negative:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Tychus spray with animated pecs is the best thing in that video, scrubs.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Semper Fudge posted:

In Dev, love that they've gone full Overwatch with fun holiday/season themed sprays.

SIR MURKALOT SKIN, gently caress YEAH!

Also I like all the other stuff they showed, but SIR MURKALOT SKIN, gently caress YEAH!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Fuzz posted:

Gamers don't know much about sports.

Film at 11.
"Azmothreepointer" doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Was is a "serious game?" When I played overwatch people would always say Junkrat was bad I'm organized or high level play. Whatever they thought they meant in practice any clown shoes bullshit worked even in mid diamond if you were any good at it.

Yeah the Junkrat thing is also funny because it also translates to "just poo poo grenades everywhere and never aim isn't as viable, and folks will actually shoot your tire if it drives straight at them from the chokepoint." People are always surprised to see Junkrat actually hit a moving target with his gun. I'm not saying he's viable in the top-tier pro games, but most characters and team comps aren't.

It's also just weird to see goons (who usually aren't in master) bitch about gold and plat players or otherwise pretend advice that applies to well over 50% of the playerbase is bad, and advice that only holds true to the top 10% is the word of god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Tychus spray with animated pecs is the best thing in that video, scrubs.