Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Hey handknit please do the needful and make this a gangtag:

https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Hey handknit please do the needful and make this a gangtag:

This is me doing the needful:

Jesus christ shut up about Tori already

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i just wanna say

remember when the predators swept the blackhawks? that was loving hilarious

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

bump_fn posted:

i just wanna say

remember when the predators swept the blackhawks? that was loving hilarious

highlight of the playoffs for sure.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe someone'll throw 3/4ths of a primanti bros sandwich on the ice in Nashville to even the score
Eh. Nothing wrong with Primani's, nothing at all, but Let's get out of the habit of potato and cabbage based sandwiches representing Pittsburgh, and start throwing foods from other places, likeFatheads. I'm guessing that The south side slopes headwhich would travel a pretty good distance, and it's loving delicious too.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Primanti's is perfect late night drunk food. Idk when or why you'd eat it in other contexts

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's hard for any NHL team to beat any other NHL team except Colorado 4 games out of 5 so the Penguins are probably going to win the Stanley Cup.

I remember the '09 Finals, though, when the Wings won the first two games at home and looked completely in control. I also remember the 3-1 leads the Bylsma Pens blew against Tampa and the Rangers. It ain't over.

If the Penguins do win the Cup, I assume it's not allowed but MAF and Murray should probably share the Conn Smythe imo

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Primanti's is perfect late night drunk food. Idk when or why you'd eat it in other contexts
It works pretty well as early morning drunk food as well.

Winning 4 out of 5 games is very tough, so I'll be impressed when we win 4 out of 4. My heart says it will be 6 games because we can't win the cup in PGH, and my brain says nothing since the accident.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Eh. Nothing wrong with Primani's, nothing at all, but Let's get out of the habit of potato and cabbage based sandwiches representing Pittsburgh, and start throwing foods from other places, likeFatheads. I'm guessing that The south side slopes headwhich would travel a pretty good distance, and it's loving delicious too.

just lmao if you don't get the pull monty (also fatheads is from cleveland)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Your city's thing can't be a sandwich, that's already Sandwich's thing.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
News:

Views: :kimchi:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Melchiresa posted:

News:

Views: :kimchi:

My Beavis :)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Primanti's is overrated, now The O, that's a good sandwich and fries place.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

achillesforever6 posted:

Primanti's is overrated, now The O, that's a good sandwich and fries place.

The O has to be laundering money to still be in business. What a garbage fire.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Stop arguing about your lovely, bad local sandwich places.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
post your favorite harold's chicken location

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jersey mikes is my favourite sub shop, friends

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The best sandwich is one you make yourself at home

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

"I was watching the tape, and [center Evgeni] Malkin was yapping at the ref when Sully was trying to just probably work the ref, as coaches do," Tortorella said. "And, quote-unquote, he spontaneously turned to Malkin and said, 'Shut the [expletive] up.' And don't you think, a new coach, been there a week, the bench turned around and said, 'Holy [expletive], he just told [Malkin] to shut the [expletive] up.'

"Those are important situations for a coach, and he's not afraid of it because he thinks it's the right thing to do. He's trying to build the team concept."

Sullivan has done that. Tortorella said he sees it every time he watches the Penguins and faces them. He has done a 180 with his opinion of Pittsburgh because of Sullivan. Remember, it was Tortorella, two weeks before Sullivan was hired by the Penguins, who said, "Pittsburgh whines enough for the whole League, so there is no room for any other team to whine."

Now? "They are business-like and it starts with [center Sidney] Crosby," Tortorella said. "He's playing. He's playing between the whistles. He's not getting involved in the [other stuff]. I think he has elevated his mental game. You have to give him credit."

I'm now hearing a hoarse Sullivan yelling "SHUT THE gently caress UP" and I like the Pens more already. :lol:

https://www.nhl.com/news/mike-sullivans-success-as-penguins-coach-no-surprise-to-mentor/c-289707174

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How many catfish are we gonna see on the ice tomorrow night? I'm gonna guess a dozen.

Whole catfish are selling like crazy in Nashville

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
for fucks sake nashville act like you've been there before

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

bewbies posted:

But they haven't.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

shyduck posted:

The last time Lavy had a team in the finals, they were down 0-2 before coming back home and tying the series. I'm not sure what happened afterward, it's probably not important, but it's not over just yet!!!

Kilza posted:

Hell, the first time he had a team in the final he had home ice advantage and went up 2-0 in the series that eventually went 7. Strange how the season was cancelled before Game 7 happened, though.

Schlesische posted:

I think you'll find hockey has been cancelled since 1993.

I don't know what the hell hockey you've been watching with these "Finals", I've seen the Playoffs only three times by my recollection and the season was cancelled before May 1st each time.

Useless fun fact: the Pens have either eliminated the CBJ or eliminated the team which eliminated the CBJ in all three of Columbus' playoff runs. (Twice head-to-head and they beat Detroit to win the Cup in 2009).

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

bewbies posted:

I want to sprinkle this post all over my popcorn

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

*hikes pants up and slouches over while making a cranky old man voice*

bewbies posted:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Remember everyone, don't have too much fun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Act like you've been there and failed entirely in 12 attempts before.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:thurman:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Infidel Castro posted:

But they haven't.

i'm not sure you interpreted that phrase properly

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Come on Nashville, act like your franchise peaked in the first three years of its existence

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Old Man Yells At Crowd

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Nashville, continue acting like you're acting just to annoy bewbies

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

bewbies posted:

They're acting like they'll never be back to the SCF again.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
It's like they don't realize how much younger Subban is than Weber. They've got plenty of time.

Montreal though...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
catfish crotch man is a national hero

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bump_fn posted:

catfish crotch man is a national hero

Who goes to an arena in Tennessee
Creative and limping a little is he
In a TV time-out you might hear something squish
Then they'll throw the dude out so he won't reek of fish

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Sully said Bonino is a game time decision, and he was just spotted in crutches and a boot.

https://twitter.com/chasepwilliams/status/870744942108430338

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm now hearing a hoarse Sullivan yelling "SHUT THE gently caress UP" and I like the Pens more already. :lol:

https://www.nhl.com/news/mike-sullivans-success-as-penguins-coach-no-surprise-to-mentor/c-289707174

This is exactly what I've been saying I like so much about Sullivan since almost day one, and it's nice to hear Torts of all people confirming it

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

bizarre deformity posted:

How many catfish are we gonna see on the ice tomorrow night? I'm gonna guess a dozen.

Whole catfish are selling like crazy in Nashville

I'm going to guess a total of 2 delay of game penalties worth of catfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/tsnjamesduthie/status/870781450152538112

• Locked thread