Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

Have you avoided the whole detached retinas thing?

Yah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

[29F] engaged to [27M]. We've been together for 9 years but I can't commit to any wedding plans because I'm ugly and he's handsome and I hate being in photos with him.Personal issues
93 points 110 comments submitted 10 months ago by yesimhideous to r/relationships

It's good to know your flaws but it obviously doesn't bother him so why make it a problem

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grendels mother, Beowulf loves you and wants to be with you and if you cant understand that hes willing to hold his breath for seven days and shatter hrunting for you youre going to let the best hero youll ever meet just ride the whale road out of your life.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Blue Train posted:

It's good to know your flaws but it obviously doesn't bother him so why make it a problem

They're not having sex which might be a red flag?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
given that he "barely has sex with" her, i dunno if she's wrong tbh

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
He gay, she beard

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I wonder if wanting a normal relationship in this day and age is a "sex weird".

That's all I want. :smith:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

zakharov posted:

I skimmed through it and missed that, it seems like she should have devoted more than one sentence to that when she has like five paragraphs talking about how lovely she is

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My boyfriend [27 M] treated me [27 F] overall poorly, and I believe it's because he could never fully love me because of my looks. How do I deal with being ugly?Personal issues

How do I deal with being ugly when I'm in a relationship?

I know that physical appearance is very important to most people. Is there a chance at a good relationship for those that aren't blessed with good looks?

My last relationship was underwhelming. I always see so many women getting treated nicely by their boyfriends, and those women always seem to be good-looking.

My boyfriend on the other hand treated me more lovely than I would have hoped for. Nothing horrible, but he lied, did things behind my back, never communicated, and overall didn't act like a boyfriend and more like a friend. He never told me he loved me in the beginning of our relationship. He was never affectionate and didn't seem to want to have sex with me, which he blames on his ED. We did get along and he seemed to care, but there was always something missing.

Even though he hurt me, I gave him multiple chances to fix things, and he always promised me that he would, but never delivered. He claimed that he loved me and didn't want to lose me, but deep down I know that I was never good enough for him because I'm not good-looking.

As I'm writing this, it seems obvious that he just wasn't into me. And from an outside perspective, it might seem like there's a million possibilities as to why he didn't like me. Maybe my personality is poo poo and I'm blaming it on my looks because it's easier.

That's not it though, and I'm basing this conclusion on both facts (me being ugly, him never complimenting me) and my gut instinct based on the way he acted and things he said.

I'm genuinely ugly, and it's my biggest issue in day-to-day life. I believe that he stayed with me because he did like everything else, but because of my ugly exterior, he just couldn't fully commit.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

zakharov posted:

maybe but it's also really hard to want to have sex with someone who's gonna start crying and poo poo if you don't always come one more time than you did last time

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 2, 2017

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
low self esteem is a hell of a drug man

e: in relation to the lady who's afraid of getting married

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Perhaps her body dysmorphia is interfering in her sex life. Maybe her fiance is has a lower sex drive than he did 9 years ago when he was 19.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The kind of person who spends every minute you're together scrutinizing you for evidence that you secretly are just humoring them and pretending to not be disgusted is exactly the same kind of emotional vampire as the kind of person who spends every minute you're together scrutinizing you for ways that you're a stupid loser, they've just realized people will feel like they have to put up with it if you're acting like you're the victimized one

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah, she probably goes into "oh god I'm too ugly to gently caress" mode most times he tries to initiate so he stopped initiating. It's impossible to get someone to accept a compliment or feel sexy when they're that obsessively down on themselves all the loving time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
[21M] Girl I had a crush on told me that I'm ugly, haven't asked anyone out since.Personal issues

When I was a teenager, a couple of girls told me that I'm ugly. It wouldn't have mattered to me much, but one of the girls was someone who I had a serious crush on. They proceeded to berate me over my look for a couple of minutes and then laughed at me and told everyone that I tried to ask her out... yeah...

Now I'm 21 - I've never been on a date, I've never had a girlfriend, I'm a virgin. All of my friends (I'm in uni) constantly go out with girls, get numbers, get laid at parties etc. I always either get rejected, or I'm too scared to approach girls because I'm scared that my ugliness is going to just immediately repulse them.

What do I do?

tl;dr: Rejection has led to an anxiety over my looks, it's making me depressed.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am in Japan and my SIL won't stop mentioning I own an ugly cat to everyone I meet. Causing some resentment [everyone is in their 20s-30s]Non-Romantic
29 points 40 comments submitted 10 months ago by Snekens to r/relationships

I am dating a Japanese man, Kenji, who is amazing. He is [28M] and I am [25F]. We don't live together but have been dating for 3 years. We also live in the same apartment building, so I walk two feet to see him.

When I first moved to Japan, my cousin Tomo [32F] agreed to host me. This was in 2010. She had an actual house with her husband. She also had a cat she refused to get spayed. Her cat ended up having kittens and I adopted one of them. Saki is not really very attractive, but I think it adds charms. She is friendly, fun, and energetic.

I have had her for six years at this point. Kenji loves having her around and will come over to hang out with the cat if I am late from work.

The only person who seems weirded out by Saki is my "SIL" Sakura [25F]. Sakura always seems to find the fact I own an "ugly cat" amusing. She tells people when they meet me that I have a soft spot for the ugly.

She always asks what cat I plan on getting after Saki. If I say "another stray" or "going to the pound/shelter/adopting from someone who had a kitten" she looks surprised. Japan tends to put down a lot of their animals from shelters, so I think she figures that I would get something of value, not a discarded cat. It's like she thinks my pet is used and made of gross materials. I am not raising a cat made of poop.

I love this cat and am tired of being known as the 'hafu with the weird cat.' [Hafu means half Japanese. I'm Latina and Japanese.]

She shows people pictures of Saki, but they are always weird ones she took when the cat was doing something, so the cat looks really strange. She has even done things like posing with the cat while I am out of the room and then shown people on her social media with titles like 'SIL Ugly Cat' and 'Spending Time with an Ugly Cat.'

People who I meet through her always ask me about Saki. When I show them pictures of her normally, they say, 'oh she is not so ugly.' Sakura seems to make a big deal about how ugly the cat is, then gets upset when I don't go with it. Is it for attention? I don't know. She has asked to make videos with Saki for her channel and I have said no.

I am not sure how to handle this. Kenji says that Sakura is weird about animals and has a pet cat that is very pretty and expensive. I am not sure if she is trying to make her own cat seem prettier or is trying to make my cat into some kinda weird internet meme. Saki is not the prettiest cat, but she isn't weird. She is just an average black cat without any ability to take good pictures.

I am a bit tired of Saki being a topic of conversation because it is never flattering and always about how ugly she is. It gets tiring.

Advice on how to handle this? Thank you.

TL;DR SIL seems obsessed with me owning an ugly cat. Tells everyone I am the owner of an ugly animal. How to deal with it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So my ex announced on social media that she's moving to a different state for work. It ended a few years back and I haven't thought about her in a while, but I did feel this weird sense of finality when I read it.

So that's a little concerning.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sooner or later and you just snap on them that, yes, they are a stupid goddamn ugly idiot who cant do anything right and you have always resented the fact you cant say the word apricot without inserting the letter w into it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Barudak posted:

Sooner or later and you just snap on them that, yes, they are a stupid goddamn ugly idiot who cant do anything right and you have always resented the fact you cant say the word apricot without inserting the letter w into it.

Don't gently caress Elmer Fudd.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pick posted:

hafu with the weird cat

lmao

What happened to wabi sabi

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

fruit on the bottom posted:

So my ex announced on social media that she's moving to a different state for work. It ended a few years back and I haven't thought about her in a while, but I did feel this weird sense of finality when I read it.

A few years back? Move on duder.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fruit on the bottom posted:

Eh, I think that's normal to an extent. Like, if you suddenly found yourself browsing through social media photos and "remembering the good times" that's probably a bad sign, but it's always a little weird when someone just up and announces they're moving away forever, ex or not.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Pick posted:

I am in Japan and my SIL won't stop mentioning I own an ugly cat to everyone I meet. Causing some resentment [everyone is in their 20s-30s]Non-Romantic
29 points 40 comments submitted 10 months ago by Snekens to r/relationships

I am dating a Japanese man, Kenji, who is amazing. He is [28M] and I am [25F]. We don't live together but have been dating for 3 years. We also live in the same apartment building, so I walk two feet to see him.

When I first moved to Japan, my cousin Tomo [32F] agreed to host me. This was in 2010. She had an actual house with her husband. She also had a cat she refused to get spayed. Her cat ended up having kittens and I adopted one of them. Saki is not really very attractive, but I think it adds charms. She is friendly, fun, and energetic.

I have had her for six years at this point. Kenji loves having her around and will come over to hang out with the cat if I am late from work.

The only person who seems weirded out by Saki is my "SIL" Sakura [25F]. Sakura always seems to find the fact I own an "ugly cat" amusing. She tells people when they meet me that I have a soft spot for the ugly.

She always asks what cat I plan on getting after Saki. If I say "another stray" or "going to the pound/shelter/adopting from someone who had a kitten" she looks surprised. Japan tends to put down a lot of their animals from shelters, so I think she figures that I would get something of value, not a discarded cat. It's like she thinks my pet is used and made of gross materials. I am not raising a cat made of poop.

I love this cat and am tired of being known as the 'hafu with the weird cat.' [Hafu means half Japanese. I'm Latina and Japanese.]

She shows people pictures of Saki, but they are always weird ones she took when the cat was doing something, so the cat looks really strange. She has even done things like posing with the cat while I am out of the room and then shown people on her social media with titles like 'SIL Ugly Cat' and 'Spending Time with an Ugly Cat.'

People who I meet through her always ask me about Saki. When I show them pictures of her normally, they say, 'oh she is not so ugly.' Sakura seems to make a big deal about how ugly the cat is, then gets upset when I don't go with it. Is it for attention? I don't know. She has asked to make videos with Saki for her channel and I have said no.

I am not sure how to handle this. Kenji says that Sakura is weird about animals and has a pet cat that is very pretty and expensive. I am not sure if she is trying to make her own cat seem prettier or is trying to make my cat into some kinda weird internet meme. Saki is not the prettiest cat, but she isn't weird. She is just an average black cat without any ability to take good pictures.

I am a bit tired of Saki being a topic of conversation because it is never flattering and always about how ugly she is. It gets tiring.

Advice on how to handle this? Thank you.

TL;DR SIL seems obsessed with me owning an ugly cat. Tells everyone I am the owner of an ugly animal. How to deal with it.

Japan is one of those like France where visiting is fun but if you weren't born there you shouldn't live there.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Hugh megathread? Hugh megathread.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Clark Nova posted:

Yeah, she probably goes into "oh god I'm too ugly to gently caress" mode most times he tries to initiate so he stopped initiating. It's impossible to get someone to accept a compliment or feel sexy when they're that obsessively down on themselves all the loving time.

"He never told me he loved me in the beginning of our relationship"

She's batshit

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

ravenkult posted:

Hugh megathread? Hugh megathread.

The more I learn about Hugh the more I blame Pick

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

given that he "barely has sex with" her, i dunno if she's wrong tbh

I've known people who sound frighteningly similar to her like this over the years, girls and guys, and I bet she's indirectly right and also wrong. I'm sure she's a fine looking person who just has a horribly twisted self-image, but that complete lack of confidence in her looks is almost certainly making her unattractive to her boyfriend. Her physical features probably have little to do with them not having sex, and it's like 99% her terrible attitude turning the dude off.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 2, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheScott2K posted:

The more I learn about Hugh the more I blame Pick

It is my fault. He is perfect.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pick posted:

It is my fault. He is perfect.

From under a nearby truck, a disheveled man crawls forward. His legs dragging behind him as he claws his way into wheelchair. He regains his throne as Pick sighs, wistfully.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I uh feel like being called the Japanese equivalent of "halfie" for being mixed is way more offensive than the part about the weird cat

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

They're poking fun at her because she's mixed, like the cat. It's a nasty in joke.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

"haha look, here comes quadroon with the fat dog!"

"wow, rude. don't talk poo poo about my dog"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fullhouse posted:

"haha look, here comes quadroon with the fat dog!"

"wow, rude. don't talk poo poo about my dog"

Japan is really, really racist hth

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
THAT'S THE ONLY 'TANG HUGH EVER SATURATED

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

THAT'S THE ONLY 'TANG HUGH EVER SATURATED

Lol :drat:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Oh wow

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

My theory is that Pick is actually one of those friendzone dudes but in reverse. It all fits, the unwanted gifts, the unwanted romantic advances, the not wanting to hang out more than once a week. It's perfect.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fullhouse posted:

quadroon with the fat dog
mods, username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blue Train posted:

It was good enough for the astronauts

when astronauts piss themselves they're heros, when i do it i'm asked to leave kmart