Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Maybe take some Ritalin and gently caress off for a bit.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I'm not saying people won't defend GW, I'm saying that nobody here is.

But going apeshit on them for responding with a view in opposition to your own is cool? You just keep on keeping on, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

You either pay or you don't. Your outrage at not having free rules is not going to cut into their bottom line.

you typed outrage when the word youre looking for is mild amusement, mostly at the way you and some others keep carrying the flag for gw in spite of their lovely practices. my emotional investment in 40k is quite a bit lower than yours, probably due to not having spent thousands of dollars on stuff for it. i get why you want to defend gws honor in vain pointlessness against people you dont know and will never meet, because youve wrapped a substantial amount of your own identity up in their products

but someone criticizing a company you like isnt a personal attack on you, and if you wanna shell out hundreds of bucks on the rules for a single game, then live your truth my man. i just wont be walking down that road with you :)

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

you typed outrage when the word youre looking for is mild amusement, mostly at the way you and some others keep carrying the flag for gw in spite of their lovely practices. my emotional investment in 40k is quite a bit lower than yours, probably due to not having spent thousands of dollars on stuff for it. i get why you want to defend gws honor in vain pointlessness against people you dont know and will never meet, because youve wrapped a substantial amount of your own identity up in their products

but someone criticizing a company you like isnt a personal attack on you, and if you wanna shell out hundreds of bucks on the rules for a single game, then live your truth my man. i just wont be walking down that road with you :)
Do you, like, not know how to capitalize or use apostrophes or something?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Safety Factor posted:

It does somewhat undercut his attempts at condescension doesn't it?

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
not really, no

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
No but for real, criticisms of a company aren't criticisms of you personally

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

What part of "Nobody is defending GW" do you not understand? They do plenty of poo poo I disagree with. Whether or not you want to spend money on their products is your decision, and I don't give a poo poo one way or the other. Yeah, I own GW products, but it isn't an "identity" any more than you owning X-Wing models or whatever the gently caress game you play is your "identity." They happen to make some products I like (and many I don't.)

You aren't hurting my feelings if you criticize them, but don't get butthurt when someone offers an opposing viewpoint.

quote:

i get why you want to defend gws honor maliciousness in vain pointlessness against people you dont know and will never meet, because youve wrapped a substantial amount of your own identity up hating their products

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

do you not understand what i typed without those things? if not, then perhaps my posts arent for you friend. the ignore button awaits your click

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

What part of "Nobody is defending GW" do you not understand? They do plenty of poo poo I disagree with. Whether or not you want to spend money on their products is your decision, and I don't give a poo poo one way or the other. Yeah, I own GW products, but it isn't an "identity" any more than you owning X-Wing models or whatever the gently caress game you play is your "identity." They happen to make some products I like (and many I don't.)

You aren't hurting my feelings if you criticize them, but don't get butthurt when someone offers an opposing viewpoint.

you use a lot of loaded emotional words so im assuming youre a bit worked up, and you seem to be assigning the same amount of passion you put behind your feelings for gw to me. i dont hate gw, i think they charge too much for most of their stuff, and its a shame because they make some cool stuff. that's the limit of my feelings toward them

also your insistence that no one is defending gw while you do so with the same breath is a lil weird

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

you saved this page :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

you saved this page :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:perfect:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

this is a good post

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Bee posted:

Does FFG upload their cards for free, or does another source? If it's the latter, than this recent string of leaks is basically that situation.

All the cards are in the FFG preview articles, but good luck finding them in their blog layout (that doesn't have tags).

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:siren: !!! ALL COMPANY ARE BAD !!! :siren:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Can I interest you in my game cooperative?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moola posted:

No but for real, criticisms of a company aren't criticisms of you personally

I am Mr Games S Workshop. At last I reveal myself. Stop being mean to me you jerks

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

do you not understand what i typed without those things? if not, then perhaps my posts arent for you friend. the ignore button awaits your click
I think typing competently might help you get your points across. You wouldn't look like an idiot child and people might actually read your well thought out posts. :shobon:

No guarantees though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The S is for skull ;)

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I love when soneone focused on grammar rather than substance of what someone is trying to get across. Snide aside anyone can discuss GW an its practices good or ill an so on. But telling someone no they can't interact, or verbally flaying them for it, not cool.

Also that tank jesus. Its just covered in details, guns, and junk its awful.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

I think typing competently might help you get your points across. You wouldn't look like an idiot child and people might actually read your well thought out posts. :shobon:

No guarantees though.

lol

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Let's focus on important things, like people being honestly excited that one rule has thirty different names.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

counterspin posted:

Let's focus on important things, like people being honestly excited that one rule has thirty different names.

That's old news. Shields for AoS my brosef

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Turns out the speedraider is called Repulsor. I certainly am repulsed.

It also has yet another missile launcher above the rear door. It's also different from all the others.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

It's just such a good example of why I left- an obviously dumb decision praised for incomprehensible reasons.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Safety Factor posted:

attacking the poaster over the poast: the last refuge of the totally not owned

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

quote:

At last, my fantasy of the Rifts Coalition States merging with 40k Space Marines is a reality. :holy:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That tank is cool.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

That tank might be cool but the decision to put it on a base is baffling and ugly.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Avenging Dentist posted:

At last, my fantasy of the Rifts Coalition States merging with 40k Space Marines is a reality. :holy:

The Coalition skull-walkers are more AdMech than AdMech - to the point that I want to make one of these out of that giant servo skull on that new terrain set.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
it looks like a special needs Land Raider

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

The Coalition skull-walkers are more AdMech than AdMech - to the point that I want to make one of these out of that giant servo skull on that new terrain set.

Can I interest you in a Walking Eye?

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
It would look nice (to me) if it had less tandom detail all over. It looks like it has ammo boxes glued to the back an around 2-3 turret guns all clustered together.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Im curious if all those missiles and boxes are actually a part of the hull or if they are options that the model-builder was just like "Well I gotta show off everything..."

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

The commissar of my dreams

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Corrode posted:

I'm sure the game is good, but it wouldn't be competing for #1 wargame sales without the licence. The two go hand in hand.

GW and 40K are also heavily dependent on brand recognition.

If CB had released Infinity with the rules for 8th Edition 40K instead of releasing Infinity, they would have crashed. In terms of nerds that are into sci-fi table top gaming Warhammer and 40K are just as driven by brand recognition as X-wang is. The biggest difference is that FFG has the resources to market X-Wang and push it out in less niche stores.

E: ALthough as I mentioned - my college sells Warhammer, Magic and a few board games. So GW isn't without it's reach either! (It's just not as long)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

No guarantees though.

you seem to read enough of my idiot child posts so youre really sending some mixed messages here v:shobon:v

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
GW is great, Kung Fu Fist gently caress is a white noise poster that has finally sputtered enough to draw people's attention, and For Great Justice has obvious brain damage so don't make fun of him. Ok bye, have fun jerking each other off over how much you hate a company that makes little plastic mans you can build and paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

counterspin posted:

That tank might be cool but the decision to put it on a base is baffling and ugly.

Huh. Now I can't not see that.

• Locked thread