Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bicyclops posted:

Giygas or Lavos, I think.

The 3-part Lavos fight is one of the best JRPG battles of all time for sure.

Mr E posted:

I.... agree with Lurdiak?

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Orphan of Kos is a strong runner up

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The best final boss is Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Pigbuster posted:

I cried when the aliens were defeated.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On that fighting game note, I was glad to find the goon fighting game discord and see that a bunch of insiders were circle-jerk heckling posts I had made in both the Injustice and Tekken threads, feels great

Hazing builds brotherhood

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On that fighting game note, I was glad to find the goon fighting game discord and see that a bunch of insiders were circle-jerk heckling posts I had made in both the Injustice and Tekken threads, feels great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBoNgxl_2k0&t=5500s

e: It's time coded to 1:31:40 because no one's pulled out the relevant line for its own clip. Likely because no one remembers or cares or owns this movie.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 2, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Final bosses...fighting games...

Fighting game final bosses are good, sometimes? They can't be cheaters first of all, that's like rule number one in making a good fighting game final boss.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Neat, Superhot is in the latest Humble Monthly. I keep saying I'm going to cancel it next month, but every time they have at least one thing that's on my Steam wishlist.

Bicyclops posted:

Giygas or Lavos, I think.

I know saying anything bad about Earthbound is harem, but Giygas was a pretty dull battle imo.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 2, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

raditts posted:

I know saying anything bad about Earthbound is harem, but Giygas was a pretty dull battle imo.

I think the reception can be drastically changed if you know the trick ahead of time or if you try to tackle it like a normal boss until making a desperation move. My case was the later and I think it was a great way to end the game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
From games I've played recently, Environmental Station Alpha and Hollow Knight.

Pigbuster posted:

Although this ought to get props because it's a boss fight that might be actually physically painful. drat good tho.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Final bosses...fighting games...

Fighting game final bosses are good, sometimes? They can't be cheaters first of all, that's like rule number one in making a good fighting game final boss.

I love when fighting game ai combines poo poo like reading inputs and doing charge moves without charging.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All those busted rear end SNK final boss god enemies that were programmed to be functionally unbeatable and just take quarters are cool

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think the reception can be drastically changed if you know the trick ahead of time or if you try to tackle it like a normal boss until making a desperation move. My case was the later and I think it was a great way to end the game.

I knew ahead of time, myself. I think it's a good sequence, at least the first time you play through it, but it's always a crappily-designed battle.

this coming from someone who thinks rs3's final battle is one of the best, even though it's really only due to the music, because a boss where whether you win or not is entirely up to the rng for what attacks the boss uses is even worse than fighting giygas

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

All those busted rear end SNK final boss god enemies that were programmed to be functionally unbeatable and just take quarters are cool

I am omega Rugals bitch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ive never been able to beat this piece of poo poo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

I knew ahead of time, myself. I think it's a good sequence, at least the first time you play through it, but it's always a crappily-designed battle.

I mean I think Super Metroid works in much the same way, as most people who make it to MB will be insanely overpowered compared to her and then it's about the sequence, where Ridley is the last actual challenge (assuming you're not one of those people breaking the game and fighting Spore Spawn last or whatever).

Also a cool last boss.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
He came in, looked at the whiteboard, and wrote LIFE IS STRANGE

and then, after a pause, wrote:

LIFE IS STRANGER

and walked out of the room

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Boss is the best boss fight

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

corn in the bible posted:

Wow I guess they let cats post on these forums that's very progressive

What are you trying to tell me corn

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

He came in, looked at the whiteboard, and wrote LIFE IS STRANGE

and then, after a pause, wrote:

LIFE IS STRANGER

and walked out of the room

Life Continues To Be Strange

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
John Woo's Life is Stranglehold

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

In Training posted:

ive never been able to beat this piece of poo poo

I only tried like a dozen times or so but I gave up. Whenever I got close to winning it was just TIME FOR BLACK HOLE

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Life isn't even that strange imo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Follows that one ending, called Wife is Estranged.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Death is Strange, main character is Chloe as a ghost.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Larryb posted:

Death is Strange, main character is Chloe as a ghost.

It's actually Afterlife Is Strange

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Life Was Strange

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

This is cute until you realize they're dancing for the dying mouse they are torturing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i-i got a good one too guys

life is strange 2

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Arcadia Bay Strikes Back

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

tap my mountain posted:

This is cute until you realize they're dancing for the dying mouse they are torturing

context: they're dancing in front of a guy whose eyelids are suspended open with fish hooks and whose glasses are focusing sunlight to burn out his eyes (with his mouth zipped shut)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lives Are Strange
Living is Stranger
Life is Perfectly Strange
My So-Called Life is Strange
Life is Dr. Strange, feat. Benedict Cumberbatch (tumbr dies, explodes and then dies again)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Death is Strange

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

i'm a person.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJacobs