Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

kidcoelacanth posted:

lol I don't think Danica's even going to be in Cup after this year

she has a brighter future than Kahne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

lol I don't think Danica's even going to be in Cup after this year

LIke Danica's going to be in the 5. She's checked out on the Cup series, and Kahne has 9 lives as far as getting and keeping quality rides.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I always thought Danica would be in Cup as long as somebody would pay her to be there and as long as people pointed cameras and the spotlight on her, but the post-crash interview in Kansas was actually kind of disturbing, seeming like she's not only not having fun anymore (understandable given her season), but is waiting for the other shoe to drop and for one of these massive wrecks she gets in a couple times a year to hurt her badly.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Orchestrated Mess posted:

I'll tell you what

Legitimately the greatest thing in the FBI archives.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Holy poo poo, that really was!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPsawH9lqo&t=300s

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

I always thought Danica would be in Cup as long as somebody would pay her to be there and as long as people pointed cameras and the spotlight on her, but the post-crash interview in Kansas was actually kind of disturbing, seeming like she's not only not having fun anymore (understandable given her season), but is waiting for the other shoe to drop and for one of these massive wrecks she gets in a couple times a year to hurt her badly.

Think we'll see her in IMSA or will she just retire?

I think she'd do alright in IMSA.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wonder if she'd attempt the 500 again.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh boy TV rating this week were poo poo, more cautions! We need more cautions!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I know Danica is kind of a special case because of her notoriety, but she's 35 now. Isn't that about when never-was drivers start to get pushed out of Cup rides?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Elephanthead posted:

Oh boy TV rating this week were poo poo, more cautions! We need more cautions!

It's almost like the people in charge don't know what to do so they just tweak things that are easy to tweak and hope for the best.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FuzzySkinner posted:

Think we'll see her in IMSA or will she just retire?

I think she'd do alright in IMSA.

I think she'll do imsa.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

skaboomizzy posted:

I know Danica is kind of a special case because of her notoriety, but she's 35 now. Isn't that about when never-was drivers start to get pushed out of Cup rides?

Mark Martin.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the question for Danica isn't will she be forced out of NASCAR, it's will she accept driving for a mid to lower tier team

if that answer is yes she'll be in NASCAR for another decade easily

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm glad her boyfriend got a win before her.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

skaboomizzy posted:

Are there a lot of never-will-be drivers looking for Cup seats that would necessitate pushing Danica out? If one of NASCAR's long-term ills is a depraved development ladder, one of the consequences of that is that the drivers at the top will stay in the series longer than they maybe should.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

the question for Danica isn't will she be forced out of NASCAR, it's will she accept driving for a mid to lower tier team

I think so.

She had rides with Rahal, Andretti in ICS. Never seemed interested in staying for those to be more competitive.

All about the money, and let's face it? Hell of a lot more money sucking rear end in Cup then there is being competitive in IMSA or ICS. (which she would be).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

the Casey Mears Career Path

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WindyMan posted:

Are there a lot of never-will-be drivers looking for Cup seats that would necessitate pushing Danica out? If one of NASCAR's long-term ills is a depraved development ladder, one of the consequences of that is that the drivers at the top will stay in the series longer than they maybe should.

Cole Custer's Paul Menard for a new gemeration in terms of funding and he's climbing the ladder with lots of support from Haas. When his number is called, I can't see them bumping Harvick, Bowyer, or Kurt for him.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Cole Custer's Paul Menard for a new gemeration in terms of funding and he's climbing the ladder with lots of support from Haas. When his number is called, I can't see them bumping Harvick, Bowyer, or Kurt for him.

Kurt is always a viable choice for getting cut. SHR will jettison him because Venus is in retrograde. If they need seat to bag a hot young driver with a deep pocket sponsor for long term, Busch will be getting dinner at a soup kitchen.

And Danica has maybe a season left because anyone who actually listened to her interview, instead of just foaming at the mouth, could hear she doesn't want to do this anymore. The hits are too hard and she knows she isn't going to keep walking away.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think Kurt will retire before he gets cut tbh. That's Custer's seat either way.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Genocide Tendency posted:

And Danica has maybe a season left because anyone who actually listened to her interview, instead of just foaming at the mouth, could hear she doesn't want to do this anymore. The hits are too hard and she knows she isn't going to keep walking away.

The whole interview was the most bizarre/uncomfortable thing I've ever heard out of Danica, who has always otherwise easily been the most capable driver in front of a mic. It was a mix of annoyed, fed-up snark aimed at the doctors and Logano, mixed with an attempt at calculated eloquence ("They asked me what day it was and I was smart and said tomorrow was Mother's Day!" (shoulder touch)), all of which ended with "I'm probably gonna die in one of these. :(". Danica, understandably, wasn't Danica.

I think it's one of the first times I can remember hearing a driver that rattled and wanting to say "You know what, maybe you should take the pile of money you've made and find something you'd feel better doing...". I'd have felt the same way if anybody other than Danica looked that rattled. She has a valid point about the huge hits she's taken- as we've talked about in these threads, she finds a way to knock the gently caress out of walls and I hope it stops happening. My question is is there something which will make her want to stick with it or can she be at peace with hanging it up?

e- https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/870640660159713280

It's funny because initially, it looks like Junyer just didn't want to run the car and Axalta gave in. Then you see it's the NFL who stopped it. :lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 2, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she runs to the end of her current contract, then hangs it up for NASCAR and does IMSA or similar, maybe Daytona once a year to scratch that itch.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hang it up, Danica. You've been displaced as "Driver Who Has Done The Least In Racing To Land A Major Sponsorship":

https://twitter.com/JEarnhardt1/status/870628341799419904

19 races. :wtc:

Look, good for Circle Sport, I don't want to dump on the kid, but how the gently caress? Did they just hear "Earnhardt" and go "Wow, Junyer!" and somebody told them "Uh...not quite" after they signed on the line?

e- https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/870646004378255361

https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/870647611115569154

Careful, Joey. Our Man Spence has fightin' experience. (Replays on Twitter showed Gase spun and SRA got a piece. Hard to tell what started it.)

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 2, 2017

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Things are at the point where I don't care what the rationale is, any driver getting 20 races out of a sponsor in a very good thing. And being named Earnhardt is all it takes for a sponsorship to be valuable, really.

Most concerning thing is that Jefferey Earnhardt really does not know how to smile, like, at all.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Things are at the point where I don't care what the rationale is, any driver getting 20 races out of a sponsor in a very good thing. And being named Earnhardt is all it takes for a sponsorship to be valuable, really.

Most concerning thing is that Jefferey Earnhardt really does not know how to smile, like, at all.

It's very Ricky Bobby-esque arm placement, too.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Also, that's a good-lookin' car.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm hoping it eventually comes out that a big name like Hulu got a bargain of some relative sort on the sponsorship and seeing a backmarker team get a company like that on board while SHR runs multiple HAAS Automation cars per race might make the NASCAR collective go "Hey, maybe if we adjust the sport to make sponsorship a bit more affordable...".

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I don't think NASCAR has any say in what the teams charge for a sponsorship

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/CircleSport33/status/870636448260775936

Green makes for a good-looking racecar, superstition be damned.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's one of the most inexplicable "why does this guy have a big name sponsor" deals since Jimmy Means had Alka-Seltzer sponsorship

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that's one of the most inexplicable "why does this guy have a big name sponsor" deals since Jimmy Means had Alka-Seltzer sponsorship

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Cope had a pretty major restaurant on his car last week.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Morgan Sheppard was sponsored by Jesus, I don't think it gets any better than that

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

The whole interview was the most bizarre/uncomfortable thing I've ever heard out of Danica, who has always otherwise easily been the most capable driver in front of a mic. It was a mix of annoyed, fed-up snark aimed at the doctors and Logano, mixed with an attempt at calculated eloquence ("They asked me what day it was and I was smart and said tomorrow was Mother's Day!" (shoulder touch)), all of which ended with "I'm probably gonna die in one of these. :(". Danica, understandably, wasn't Danica.

I think it's one of the first times I can remember hearing a driver that rattled and wanting to say "You know what, maybe you should take the pile of money you've made and find something you'd feel better doing...". I'd have felt the same way if anybody other than Danica looked that rattled. She has a valid point about the huge hits she's taken- as we've talked about in these threads, she finds a way to knock the gently caress out of walls and I hope it stops happening. My question is is there something which will make her want to stick with it or can she be at peace with hanging it up?
That interview was weird as hell. It seemed to me like she was most frustrated that she couldn't blame everything on Joey. Like she was running around outside her car before getting in the ambulance and you could tell she was waiting to confront him, where undoubtedly she was told about the brake failure I'm sure and it was just bad dumb luck that she was right there. To me it felt like during the interview she was just beside herself that she couldn't blame some dumb rear end in a top hat that purposely ran into her to wreck her day on purpose because she is a girl combined with I can't believe how lovely my luck has been this year. I get the frustration. She wants to do well and feels she should be doing better and whether she has the talent or not she has to be wondering if it is all just bad luck or if she is trying to come to grips with not really improving much in her stock car career and that is like boiling over the frustration.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is Todd Gilliland's 46 number for KBM a Days of Thunder reference like the 51 is? The font looks similar.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Morgan Sheppard was sponsored by Jesus, I don't think it gets any better than that

Racin 4 Jesus.

Also that Hulu car is awful. The green/white is neat but the sponsor name like being half on the trunk and half over the wheel looks bad and also Circle Sport's #33 is terrible.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also I'm starting a kickstarter to make Spencer Gallagher say he's gonna split someone open like a melon after they wreck him.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

As James 4:35 said,

The lord doth start it
thus, he parked it
and he was happy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Going to Dover tomorrow because I am a drat Fool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/871096067131047936

:(

• Locked thread