Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
I just wish Chad's full name was Chad Chadders Chaddington III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

~Handle your balls? Frenchmen can't resist!~
Love playing with goons. Wish you could fit more people on the boat but its still funny. This has quickly risen up to be one if my favorite games! If your on xbox hit me up, usually every night we have full games RDS DrAlanGrant.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015

Carebearz posted:

I just wish Chad's full name was Chad Chadders Chaddington III

It's Chad Thundercock.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The counselor ragdolls are hilarious. I love seeing whatever awkward position my counselor falls into when I die. And apparently they lose all weight when they die because Jason often ends up kicking me around all over the place when he's merely trampling me to get at another character. The most hilarious thing I've seen in this game is one game where Jason kicked the final counselor into outer space. He merely brushed up against the body and it went cartwheeling up into the sky at a severe angle and very high speed.

Yet another thing that needs to be fixed: There's a small spot under one bridge where counselors can wedge themselves and Jason absolutely cannot get to them. There's not even an angle where you can throw knives at them from the shore. I know this because I had a game last night where three counselors waited out the last ten minutes of the clock on me there. I guess for some people "win at all costs" is more important than playing fair or having fun.

It was so bad that the spectators started messaging me with ideas on how to get to them. I closed the lobby after the game to kick them out and the other counselors told me that if I'd left the lobby open they had been planning to murder the cheaters at the beginning of the next round. It was that bad.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Mister Bup posted:

It's Chad Thundercock.

Commonly referred to as Hey You Yeah You In The Boat.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

...! posted:

The counselor ragdolls are hilarious. I love seeing whatever awkward position my counselor falls into when I die. And apparently they lose all weight when they die because Jason often ends up kicking me around all over the place when he's merely trampling me to get at another character. The most hilarious thing I've seen in this game is one game where Jason kicked the final counselor into outer space. He merely brushed up against the body and it went cartwheeling up into the sky at a severe angle and very high speed.

Yet another thing that needs to be fixed: There's a small spot under one bridge where counselors can wedge themselves and Jason absolutely cannot get to them. There's not even an angle where you can throw knives at them from the shore. I know this because I had a game last night where three counselors waited out the last ten minutes of the clock on me there. I guess for some people "win at all costs" is more important than playing fair or having fun.

It was so bad that the spectators started messaging me with ideas on how to get to them. I closed the lobby after the game to kick them out and the other counselors told me that if I'd left the lobby open they had been planning to murder the cheaters at the beginning of the next round. It was that bad.

Needs to be a way for Jason to start fires. Burn them out

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

D0ct0rAlanGrant posted:

Love playing with goons. Wish you could fit more people on the boat but its still funny. This has quickly risen up to be one if my favorite games! If your on xbox hit me up, usually every night we have full games RDS DrAlanGrant.

My Dude. I'll be jumping on either tonight after work or tomorrow for sure. This game is so good with goons.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Mister Bup posted:

It's Chad Thundercock.

I know someone who made their Tyranny character a Chad Tundercock.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Chadeus "Chad" Thundercock Chaddington III

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Chaddington Chadwick Chaddington, III

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My only concern for the game is its possible longevity. Like, I appreciate the developers have faith in their game, but the trophies for playing as Jason 1000 times? Uh OK guys. Not even Skyrim yanked 2k hours out of me. :v:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I found a cassette tape in a drawer. I suppose it must be a Pamela tape. I'll upload it later if it isn't already on youtube. Seems they have tapes 1 and 2 there.

It was tape 1.

The drop rate on these must be ridiculously low. I've played like all day every day since release.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 2, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

poptart_fairy posted:

My only concern for the game is its possible longevity. Like, I appreciate the developers have faith in their game, but the trophies for playing as Jason 1000 times? Uh OK guys. Not even Skyrim yanked 2k hours out of me. :v:

20 minutes per game, and 3 minutes of pre-round lobby, 15 seconds of ping status, and 45 seconds of videos and wrapup = 24 minutes per round.

Averaging, at best, 1 turn as Jason per 8 games, that's 3.2 hours per Jason.

3200 hours of game play is a bit much, considering GTA V maxes out at 200 hours for die-hard fanatics, and Skyrim can literally be beaten, every mission and quest and object found and everything completed in under 600.

So basically only one super weirdo is ever going to get the Platinum trophy.

Even if you half that by assuming you play as or against really efficient Jasons, that's still 1600.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

please add me on psn: memoryfade

game can be real fun and I want to enjoy it to its fullest while its still alive. also is switching your flashlight on and off code for something from the nonspeakers? Follow me/ Get this/ Let's hide out here? Are they just really afraid of Jason hearing that mic?

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

20 minutes per game, and 3 minutes of pre-round lobby, 15 seconds of ping status, and 45 seconds of videos and wrapup = 24 minutes per round.

Averaging, at best, 1 turn as Jason per 8 games, that's 3.2 hours per Jason.

3200 hours of game play is a bit much, considering GTA V maxes out at 200 hours for die-hard fanatics, and Skyrim can literally be beaten, every mission and quest and object found and everything completed in under 600.

Even if you half that by assuming you play as or against really efficient Jasons, that's still 1600.

You'd have to cheese it by playing a few hundred 1v1 private matches against a suicidal friend. Oh what fun that would be!

And singing Total Eclipse of the Heart while murdering people as Davini Jason was the best. One guy was sooooo pissed off about that.

Kamaitachi
Feb 20, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Add me on psn: kyuukimon

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Donnerberg posted:

I found a cassette tape in a drawer. I suppose it must be a Pamela tape. I'll upload it later if it isn't already on youtube. Seems they have tapes 1 and 2 there.

It was tape 1.

The drop rate on these must be ridiculously low. I've played like all day every day since release.

Oh that's pretty sweet, I didn't even know these dropped in game. I thought they were tied to achievements.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
They recently unlocked them or upped the drop rate or something, people have been finding them like crazy. I found my first a couple games ago.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Add me to OP pls for Xbone: Wisenhater

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Mister Bup posted:

They recently unlocked them or upped the drop rate or something, people have been finding them like crazy. I found my first a couple games ago.

Not that I would do or condone it, but I wonder if you can flex this with CheatEngine. I know I used to muck with drop rates on BL2 because the epic drop was just too low for me. 1% seemed fair.

Haven't heard squat about the PS4 patch in the last 6 hours. Was hoping it'd be done before I got home from work.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Finally unlocked Part 9. Dunno man. The stun resistance is amazing, he gets up crazy fast even from shotguns and bats, and +shift is good for when I need to pop a vanessa asap, but after playing 8 for so long not having destruction hurts.

Executions are pretty great. How to Peel a Coconut is fun but kind of slow. He sticks the axe in the ground and smacks the counselor's head against it. I think you got that one backwards, buddy.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

...! posted:

was this on the Crystal Lake map? apparently that was one of the spots they fixed in that bad patch. i found it about 2 days after release and reported it, devs do seem to be taking this stuff seriously.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, been in matchmaking for half hour on PS4. Not sure wtf's going on tonight.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, been in matchmaking for half hour on PS4. Not sure wtf's going on tonight.

I've noticed it deadlocks like this til about 9pm (est) when people start giving up, then the bottleneck loosens.

I've also had a lot of luck getting games when I search with a party, which is weird. I don't know how it decides if it should make a new host instance or not, but that may factor into it.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

XBox people: Check the patch that just dropped (3.5gb) and see if Matchmaking has been fixed. So far, one person said it hasn't worked correctly. I wanted to hear others' opinions.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i found two tapes back to back matches.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8PtMEAboXA
I was lucky enough to spectate a very disappointing goon attempt at failing to kill Jason. I got it started by exchanging hits at the first minute and delaying Jason enough, so that everyone else got set up for the kill. Study up so you can disappoint me further.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scalding Coffee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8PtMEAboXA
I was lucky enough to spectate a very disappointing goon attempt at failing to kill Jason. I got it started by exchanging hits at the first minute and delaying Jason enough, so that everyone else got set up for the kill. Study up so you can disappoint me further.

Later we tried it following those steps twice more, sometimes it just doesn't work.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

It might be susceptible to uneven terrain because of the sync-kill.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Achievement Hunters actually did a pretty nice stream of the game the other day, though they also revealed one glaring issue if you're not using the built in push to talk feature. If you're talking in the same setting as the player playing Jason, either you're playing in person with one another like they were or using skype or discord or whatever

Jason is going to have SUCH AN EASIER TIME KILLING YOU. He is going to always know what you're doing at all times and you will never be able to properly coordinate or trick him.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Being short on people is also making the game very hard. It does leave a terrible impression to people watching. Thinking the game is unbalanced because Jason is immortal and kills counselors like ants.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know how they'd get a work around on that.

Maybe have the killer be in one of their other offices, but that raises some questions like how they determine how to switch them out.

And yeah, having only five people VS one Jason is super unbalanced and screws you up really bad.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Playing on PS4, woodrowskillson. Got 2 others right now if we get enough we can do private matches

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Being Jason in the first ever game when you don't know any of the controls sure makes you feel inadequate. Choked out Corey Feldman though, so I had that going for me.

If there are no living/unescaped counselors left, does the game end early? It ran the full time, but damned if I could find the last 1-2 counselors in the last 5 minutes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I Greyhound posted:

Being Jason in the first ever game when you don't know any of the controls sure makes you feel inadequate. Choked out Corey Feldman though, so I had that going for me.

If there are no living/unescaped counselors left, does the game end early? It ran the full time, but damned if I could find the last 1-2 counselors in the last 5 minutes.

The game ends after a time limit if everyone isn't dead or escaped.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I wonder how things will shake out once everyone knows what they are doing. I honestly don't know how you deal with a competent Jason since it isnt hard putting the only three escape routes on lockdown, especially if the phone is near one of the cars.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Is there any game mechanic to encourage counselors to work as a team other than the 'everyone survives' bonus which rarely seems to happen without an AFK/really incompetent Jason?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TOOT BOOT posted:

Is there any game mechanic to encourage counselors to work as a team other than the 'everyone survives' bonus which rarely seems to happen without an AFK/really incompetent Jason?

Certain perks encourage and reward being with others and helping them.

Also trying to kill Jason REQUIRES team work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've only won once without team coordination. I found the fuse, found the phone, and ran my rear end out. Every other win has been the result of me finding someone else with one of the components I need and working together to escape.

• Locked thread