Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

skylined! posted:

subways ingredients are also garbage

i mean, literal food garbage

That's a result of Subway demanding cheaper and cheaper sources. When I worked at Vlasic we made the pickles, jalapenos and banana peppers for Subway, but when they started that 5 dollar poo poo they demanded everything be cheaper to the point we had to run the lines non stop around the clock, no breakdowns and switching people out for breaks. It just got to the point Vlasic decided to drop the fast food industry and focus on keeping Walmart happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
I want everyone to picture Jeff Sessions getting crushed by a steamroller. We could all use a laugh in these troubled times.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Phyein posted:

Okay. What do you think Jeff Sessions would order Arbys before replacing that guy in temple of doom getting crushed by the rock crusher on live TV in my fantasy?

"I will not eat a big beef n' cheddar and kneel before Juggernaut" -Jefferson Beauregard Sessions

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Chilichimp posted:

Atlanta is prolly dominos or pizza hut right now now

Speaking of Atlanta and food there was a place southwest of Atlanta right off I-20 called Jurassic Subs. It is a sub shop with dinosaurs everywhere and it is loving awesome.

the sandwich was decent but any shortcomings were more than made up for by the dinosaurs

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ice Phisherman posted:

So I don't know much about bows but that bow looks like it's blinged out mall ninja poo poo.

Ha nope that's actually a totally normal (if not even tamer than normal) bow.

Wait til you see the stabilizers competition shooters use!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Phyein posted:

I want everyone to picture Jeff Sessions getting crushed by a steamroller. We could all use a laugh in these troubled times.

Annnnnd pop goes his pudgy little head.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Phyein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSTL3AidX4o

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I just moved from Michigan to Long Island a couple months ago and I've been really hankering for a Jet's Deep Dish Pizza for a while now for some reason.

Every now and then I get it too. then I remember the soapy aftertaste and change my mind

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Who remembers Roy Rogers? That place was weird.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Ice Phisherman posted:

So I don't know much about bows but that bow looks like it's blinged out mall ninja poo poo.

It looks like a pretty standard high end compound bow, basically a modern bow type that creates and holds a great amount of force more easily than more traditional bow types. Also, I would have assumed a leading Republican would use guns just for the pr part of it, but using a weapon that are likely to cause more suffering for your prey would indeed be a more natural fit.

asmodeusvivivi
Sep 7, 2011

Somehow I knew what this was before I even clicked.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgJvgESR920&t=56s

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Because of their patented system (it's essentially an assembly line for sandwiches. That's it. That's the secret.)

No way did they ever steal that from any fast food company ever

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me

axeil posted:

Roy rogers still exists, albut only at interstate rest stops. I occassionally go to them when im bored and miserable... theres something peaceful about a rest stop espicially on a tol higheay because its close to home but isolated at the same time because only long travellers go to them. They feel like a whole nother world.

Roy rogers sucks though its bottom of the barrel fast food, its like, theres no reason anyone would go to them unless they absolutely have to. Hence interstate rest stops.with nothing nefore or after for 20 miles.

bernie would have won

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SocketWrench posted:

Every now and then I get it too. then I remember the soapy aftertaste and change my mind

I don't remember that at all, what the hell Jets were you ordering from :psyduck:

Phyein posted:

I'm serious. Hillary didnt lose because she was too left, she was universally hated. Bernie is the most liked politician in the country. And his historic fundraising shows the enthusiasm people had for him. THE idiotic logistics of the democratic primary (NY you had to be registered in loving NOVEMBER as a dem to vote, loving CAIUCISES ( i didnt even know what the gently caress a caucus was before this primary, and judging from goon experiences here they were loving retarded), media and everyone basically igniring him for far too long or saying he had no chance, etc.) basically doomed him and this country.

bernie actually won most of the caucuses, you realize

edit: Also I'm so glad we get to keep relitigating the loving primary seven goddamn months after the election

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thericeman/status/870829994716667904

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't remember that at all, what the hell Jets were you ordering from :psyduck:

bernie actually won most of the caucuses, you realize

Excuse me sir, this thread is for siscussing Roy Rogers not the primary. Mods?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
So, once the Senate realizes that the AHCA is rat poison, are they stuck? Can the House submit a second reconciliation bill that's just some quick and dirty tax cuts (no ambitious reforms or BAT)?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
We had a place called Roma's Village which was a little convenience store/sub shop/pizza place. I dunno if it was a really small chain or not as i see the same name exists elsewhere, but they made pizzas and subs you would crawl naked over broken glass for. Some tragedy hit the owner's family though and he closed up to move down south. Apparantly the place has been reopened by his kids now, but I haven't ventured out that way yet

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I will cosign to the thread's consensus that Jimmy Johns is better than Subway, and also that "better than Subway" is a very low bar to clear. JJ is not great, but if you are going to get a fast food cold cut sandwich and those are your only two choices, then for love of God, go to Jimmy Johns.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Acebuckeye13 posted:

May have just been one of those franchise quirks. Like the McDonald's in Capac that uses well water....
Employees "We need to kill that rusty aftertaste"
Owner "No problem, just turn out the pop syrup"

Seriously, I used to get called out there to fix poo poo. Everything was loving ruined by that poo poo

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

axeil posted:

I like to think that Freddie Pendavis is still scamming the hell out of them. :unsmith:

"Seeee? They put cheese on the meat!"

Like you expected anything but hypocrisy out of a guy who talks about war and guns with huge amounts of bravado, but literally poo poo his pants to get out of going to a real war?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I hope this man eats bad subway and gets rotavirus (that's the bad one, right?).

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mustached Demon posted:

I hope this man eats bad subway and gets rotavirus (that's the bad one, right?).

I hope he eats a bad fruitbat and gets loving Ebolavirus.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

NYT reporting that Trump is not going to try and block Comey from testifying before Congress

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Republicans posted:

Is all this Arby's bashing a result of those two Simpsons jokes? Anyone who doesn't think Arby's is good is just putting on airs.

they're good but you will never feel good after eating there

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

FlamingLiberal posted:

NYT reporting that Trump is not going to try and block Comey from testifying before Congress
Pity, watching him piss on the electric fence would have been sooo sweet

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

FlamingLiberal posted:

He'll change his mind by tomorrow.

Oh man, we should just goad him into it. He'll totally take the bait.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Phyein posted:

Roy rogers still exists, albut only at interstate rest stops. I occassionally go to them when im bored and miserable... theres something peaceful about a rest stop espicially on a tol higheay because its close to home but isolated at the same time because only long travellers go to them. They feel like a whole nother world.

Roy rogers sucks though its bottom of the barrel fast food, its like, theres no reason anyone would go to them unless they absolutely have to. Hence interstate rest stops.with nothing nefore or after for 20 miles.

bernie would have won

I just checked Google and the last non-rest stop Roy Rogers in Westfield, MA closed.

I really liked them because you got to choose your own toppings for the burger, so I would load up on pickles.

Bernie would have won.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sweet he's gonna do it and it will end poorly.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

Sweet he's gonna do it and it will end poorly.

"yeah i did it because i'm guilty as gently caress," he says later that day in an interview with nbc

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I hate to add to a derail, but my favorite sub shops are Which Wich or Firehouse Subs. Once you go to either of those, it's hard to go back to Subway.

For something more on topic: Sasse saying that the AHCA won't be coming before the midterms is really encouraging news. I've been so worried that those assholes in the senate were quietly going to ram through a bill while we were distracted by 'covfefe' or some dumb poo poo like that.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

gyro or gtfo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

My favorite sub is a burrito.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Obviously everyone has their favorite local pizza place. But what is the best pizza chain?

It's Papa Ginos for the North East.
if we're gonna have foodchat for this evening's derail I'm gonna have to throw down and say papa ginos is some of the worst poo poo pizza in the world, and there's some shiiiiiitty pizza out there.

best pizza chain: Costco :smug: ted nugent is one of the few human beings I legitimately wish pancreatic cancer on

FlamingLiberal posted:

drat!

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Shifty Pony posted:

Speaking of Atlanta and food there was a place southwest of Atlanta right off I-20 called Jurassic Subs. It is a sub shop with dinosaurs everywhere and it is loving awesome.

the sandwich was decent but any shortcomings were more than made up for by the dinosaurs

Still prefer Conan Pizza's ALL FRANK FRAZETTA ALL THE TIME approach to interior decorating.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Ike's or Mr Pickle. Nothing else will do.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Arby's curly fries + horsey sauce are great.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
The man make a tweet was my least favorite of Johnny Cash's American series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FlamingLiberal posted:

Haha he is totally gonna do it.

• Locked thread