Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

logikv9 posted:

you can drone on about conspiracies all you want but lol this implies that exmarx is a Hillary supporter

You don't have to support Hillary to want to protect the kind of people who were all in on Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Al! posted:

as someone who once had access to the modqueue, i can tell you it's all loving chaos lol dont try to devine any strategic planning or long term motivation even a little bit

For a second I thought you mean it was especially chaos right now :stare:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

oh my god

Not a Step posted:

Nite crew culture is pretty terrible and will inevitably metastasize into the cancer that kills this subforum. The one downside to the HillShill Toxx Amnesty is that it didn't permanently remove them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the sticking point to me was that it was, as not a step mentioned, framed as something to cut down on the work required to push through all those toxxes while actually being quite a bit more work. that was just really :confused: and it set off bullshit alarms for folks

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I really didn't mean to toxx for hillary but I was shitposting too hard in those wild, wacky days.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joementum posted:

I can confirm this

seconding

its all a big mess and being sober to deal with it is bullshit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will also confirm. I speak from my rear end, though.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Bip Roberts posted:

I really didn't mean to toxx for hillary but I was shitposting too hard in those wild, wacky days.

I came really close to accidentally replying to someone in the Trump toxx thread

in retrospect, I guess I should've done it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

the sticking point to me was that it was, as not a step mentioned, framed as something to cut down on the work required to push through all those toxxes while actually being quite a bit more work. that was just really :confused: and it set off bullshit alarms for folks

probably. idk to be honest we were pushing a time limit for getting bans or whatever done. how we've had months to dwell on it it's more obvious but when you're facing hundreds of bans any method to cut down a few dozen is welcome. he did what he did and it can't be changed now.

somebody from gbs I think was like I'LL DO THE WORK FOR YOU LOOK SO EASY and gave a list of supposed toxxes. I can tell you now that the list was maybe like 75% correct with plenty of people omitted/added at random

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The Hill Shill Toxx Amnesty died and they were permanently removed. Night Crew culture remained benign. Subforum still going strong.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ftr my personal opinion was that it had less to do with defending hillary's honor or whatever than it did with wanting to provide an out for regular D&D posters who made a real bad decision

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

which is arguably more damning :v:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Not a Step posted:

Night Crew culture remained benign. Subforum still going strong.

:thunk:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

ftr my personal opinion was that it had less to do with defending hillary's honor or whatever than it did with wanting to provide an out for regular D&D posters who made a real bad decision

as somebody who knows nothing about dnd I cannot confirm nor deny

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Willa Rogers posted:

Wait, why were people who toxxed for a Trump win banned? :confused:

In the immediate aftermath of the "grab 'em by the pussy" tape reveal, Baloogan of all people offered the Trump toxxers an escape hatch with the warning that if they did not accept it, their toxxes would be upgraded to perma if he lost. At the time I posted saying that all bets stood, but an admin intervened and said they'd get one this one chance to bail on Trump who, in that one moment, seemed doomed. Little did any of us know that reality had already ceased to function, nothing made any sense at all, and it didn't matter.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it hasn't escaped me that not a step started posting in cspam again under his original account as soon as i was removed as an ik lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Al! posted:

it hasn't escaped me that not a step started posting in cspam again under his original account as soon as i was removed as an ik lol

Can't wait until we get all the racist gbs exiles back.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

i still don't understand where anarcho-nihilists who provide the bulk of OC, collages, donation set ups, thinkfaces, have gathered people to vote to ban boosted_C5 for 14088 hours, and are working on an upcoming CSS are hillary supporters and or benign :shrug:

dude has looked at it from the back rear end end ever since getting hammered mostly because he whines arbitrarily about things that have been covered a bunch of times and provides no insight or OC or just going against the rules pretty much.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
my guess is that recognizing that these forums are indeed dead and gay, exmarx did not wish to make them deadier by banning dozens of posters

whether the gayness of the forums has changed is up for debate however

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In the immediate aftermath of the "grab 'em by the pussy" tape reveal, Baloogan of all people offered the Trump toxxers an escape hatch with the warning that if they did not accept it, their toxxes would be upgraded to perma if he lost. At the time I posted saying that all bets stood, but an admin intervened and said they'd get one this one chance to bail on Trump who, in that one moment, seemed doomed. Little did any of us know that reality had already ceased to function, nothing made any sense at all, and it didn't matter.

I'm grinning like a madman just thinking back on grab of em by the pussy dropping, those months of the GE were true insanity. Boosted went insane begging for Jeb! lmao lmao lmao. It was just a bombshell every day. God Bless America.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

logikv9 posted:

we're approaching "baloogan is a Hillary supporter" status here

haunted by the ghosts of future dead hillarymen

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Al! posted:

A: I only have one account
B: My posting pretty much correlates with my wife's business trips. She's doing a pitch for the non-profit she works for while I stay at home and shitpost.

I don't really give a poo poo about you Al. You weren't even a discount store zoux.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*white noise sound coming from the monitor*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I remember being mocked when I said the "grab them by the pussy" video didn't matter to Trump supporters.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

probably my favorite plot twist

i miss the jeb towers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Not a Step posted:

A: I only have one account
B: My posting pretty much correlates with my wife's business trips. She's doing a pitch for the non-profit she works for while I stay at home and shitpost.

I don't really give a poo poo about you Al. You weren't even a discount store zoux.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
tbh i drank the kool-aid of inevitability at the last minute, but i was still convinced trump could manage to win up until around the last week or so.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anime was right posted:

tbh i drank the kool-aid of inevitability at the last minute, but i was still convinced trump could manage to win up until around the last week or so.

i think it doesn't really matter whether you are or were correct or not, and constant reiteration to find The Most Correct Opinion is kind of what has kept the left treading water for the last 40 years while the Reagan dems have been slowly cutting pieces away from the american working class

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Serf posted:

who the hell is going to liveleak in 2017

its a good place to watch russian dashcam footage and chinese industrial accidents

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Al! posted:

i think it doesn't really matter whether you are or were correct or not, and constant reiteration to find The Most Correct Opinion is kind of what has kept the left treading water for the last 40 years while the Reagan dems have been slowly cutting pieces away from the american working class

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

it doesn't really matter

c'est la vie

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
idk if anyone posted this already and i dont care, the democratic party must be destroyed:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/taibbi-on-republicans-and-democrats-blocking-drug-reimportation-w485638

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

tekz posted:

the democratic party must be destroyed:

republicans first. every last one

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

primary them all, the spirit of the working class will sort them out

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYiWqZxbJE

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

no

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i dont give a poo poo about the right, they'll always be there. but the takeover of the left and center left by bought and sold corporate lackeys and liars betraying their base at every turn has to be beaten back first, there's no way back from the brink otherwise.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

tekz posted:

i dont give a poo poo about the right, they'll always be there. but the takeover of the left and center left by bought and sold corporate lackeys and liars betraying their base at every turn has to be beaten back first, there's no way back from the brink otherwise.

I'm not convinced they'll always be there cause the jury's still out on how much the conservative brain/liberal brain thing is nature vs nurture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Also making Dems better and defeating conservatives aren't mutually exclusive. They might even... go hand in hand? :thinking: :think:

• Locked thread