Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Republicans posted:

I wonder how things will shake out once everyone knows what they are doing. I honestly don't know how you deal with a competent Jason since it isnt hard putting the only three escape routes on lockdown, especially if the phone is near one of the cars.

Isn't that the way it should be though? I mean, it's Friday the 13th. The counselors should lose most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

Isn't that the way it should be though? I mean, it's Friday the 13th. The counselors should lose most of the time.

I think the balance is intended as roughly 50/50 for counselors or Jason winning. The caveat is that the counselors technically "win" if only one survives the night, so individually you still have a high chance of dying.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Donnerberg posted:

It might be susceptible to uneven terrain because of the sync-kill.

Maybe but that isn't the part we are having trouble with. For whatever reason we can knock him into his knees even though we have female counselors hit him with the bat.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Big dick Chad

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Republicans posted:

I wonder how things will shake out once everyone knows what they are doing. I honestly don't know how you deal with a competent Jason since it isnt hard putting the only three escape routes on lockdown, especially if the phone is near one of the cars.
Jason will eventually teleport a block away from his intended path and that will cascade into someone escaping.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
The Chad army I sometimes play had a match that had 2 randoms involved as well, one of them got the fuel and was running aimlessly, me and 3 other chad's spent 5 minutes trying to convince him to put it in the drat car until we got bored and beat the crap out of him with bat's, he dropped the fuel and bailed into the water.

Then Jason killed us all.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It would be neat if Tommy Jarvis could facilitate some 4th way of escaping, which would give Jason an actual reason to keep him out of the match. Maybe he can lead people to some secret path he holds open for them.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Republicans posted:

It would be neat if Tommy Jarvis could facilitate some 4th way of escaping, which would give Jason an actual reason to keep him out of the match. Maybe he can lead people to some secret path he holds open for them.

He kind of does.............you need him to kill Jason.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
As one of the extremely rare people to play Jarvis as a savior and not a redo, I think it would be great if Jarvis couldn't "win" if a camper is left alive.

I'm sick of Jarvis coming back then immediately bailing in a boat or a car or a cop exit with people still alive.

Not sure how much work a "Jarvis can only leave the map with 0 campers alive or the max leaving in his vehicle" coding would take, but he should literally be the last man standing or escape with the last survivor(s).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

As one of the extremely rare people to play Jarvis as a savior and not a redo, I think it would be great if Jarvis automatically lost if every camper dies.

I'm sick of Jarvis coming back then immediately bailing in a boat or a car or a cop exit with people still alive.

Not sure how much work a "Jarvis can only leave the map with 0 campers alive or the max leaving in his vehicle" coding would take, but he should literally be the last man standing or escape with the last survivor(s).

I mentioned this earlier, but I had the best run as Jarvis today. Literally spawned right where I needed to be, downed Jason from way the gently caress away, saved three people and got the gently caress out with them in their car

In and out in 30 seconds. If you don't play Jarvis as a chance to get more people out, you aren't playing him correctly.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Welp, managed to run into a tryhard pre-made group as I got Jason in a Quick Play match. I heard a bunch of noise at the four door car so I morphed over when I could. As soon as I morphed into view, however, I heard someone enter the shack to grab the sweater, so it seemed like some of the counselors were organizing a Jason kill with out-of-game comms (I didn't hear a single thing being shouted by the people dying or anyone nearby). Sure enough, there were two injured counselors by the car I morphed to that quickly shambled to a nearby broken window to jump through and suicide to get Tommy in the game. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find and catch the person who took the sweater until after she manages to get in the phone cabin that contained two Adams and the Tommy, all armed to the teeth with a bunch of medsprays and spare weapons on the ground + a machete laying on the table for easy pickup. They probably all had damage reduction perks as well, since I wasn't able to get any of them to an injured state with my spear until after about four hits. The sweater girl also stayed locked up in a side room with no windows so I couldn't break in to pick her off without getting knocked over by the others.

After they knocked me down a couple times, I figured how the rest of this lame poo poo was going to play out and shifted out to hunt down the one person who didn't seem to be in their little group. In the meantime, they called the cops. I figured I would at least go wait to have a final fight over by the cop exit to make it a big more exciting if they managed to get a kill on me (which I felt I kind of deserved for letting it get this far in the first place) or if they would be forced to just escape normally. However, they refused to take a single step out of their cabin even after the cops came and I knocked the power out, probably because they didn't want to risk a single thing potentially going wrong with their plan. After running out of knives again and minutes of nothing but voice taunting from inside the cabin while they refused to leave, I just morphed over to the opposite edge of the map and AFK'd until the round end. I wasn't going to give the group the satisfaction of a Jason kill if they weren't even going to attempt to make it seem less forced or slightly fun for me as well. When the round ended (from the 20 min timeout, of course), they all got all salty at me for not letting them kill me when they 'deserved it'. Whatever.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

After playing 10 hours or so I definitely feel like the bit where they want you to stay the entire match is kinda poo poo. The problem (and there are several reasons for it) is the game just kinda degenerates into running around endlessly past a certain point. Jason is getting stronger by the minute and you don't know whether the keys/fuse/etc are on someone's dead body in the middle of nowhere, missed in an already-looted house, or whether there's a cabin out there nobody ransacked.

I'd rather just get a new match.

I guess there's ways they could fix this, like maybe putting a big beacon over objective items during the last 5 minutes but right now it's really boring watching people running in circles.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe have the flashlight highlight an outline of items. It is dark enough as it is.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Slated Jason twice tonight with the help of voodoo wolf and tinfoil. RIP Jasons you were too ugly for this world.

The last Jason ran away from our angry lunch mob too. Pleadied for his life by offering up the hot dogs and soda that the man he murdered in the intro brought.

Alas he still got a machete to the skull.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Floodkiller posted:

Welp, managed to run into a tryhard pre-made group as I got Jason in a Quick Play match. I heard a bunch of noise at the four door car so I morphed over when I could. As soon as I morphed into view, however, I heard someone enter the shack to grab the sweater, so it seemed like some of the counselors were organizing a Jason kill with out-of-game comms (I didn't hear a single thing being shouted by the people dying or anyone nearby). Sure enough, there were two injured counselors by the car I morphed to that quickly shambled to a nearby broken window to jump through and suicide to get Tommy in the game. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find and catch the person who took the sweater until after she manages to get in the phone cabin that contained two Adams and the Tommy, all armed to the teeth with a bunch of medsprays and spare weapons on the ground + a machete laying on the table for easy pickup. They probably all had damage reduction perks as well, since I wasn't able to get any of them to an injured state with my spear until after about four hits. The sweater girl also stayed locked up in a side room with no windows so I couldn't break in to pick her off without getting knocked over by the others.

After they knocked me down a couple times, I figured how the rest of this lame poo poo was going to play out and shifted out to hunt down the one person who didn't seem to be in their little group. In the meantime, they called the cops. I figured I would at least go wait to have a final fight over by the cop exit to make it a big more exciting if they managed to get a kill on me (which I felt I kind of deserved for letting it get this far in the first place) or if they would be forced to just escape normally. However, they refused to take a single step out of their cabin even after the cops came and I knocked the power out, probably because they didn't want to risk a single thing potentially going wrong with their plan. After running out of knives again and minutes of nothing but voice taunting from inside the cabin while they refused to leave, I just morphed over to the opposite edge of the map and AFK'd until the round end. I wasn't going to give the group the satisfaction of a Jason kill if they weren't even going to attempt to make it seem less forced or slightly fun for me as well. When the round ended (from the 20 min timeout, of course), they all got all salty at me for not letting them kill me when they 'deserved it'. Whatever.

If you suicide I think it shouldn't allow you to get Tommy. People have started doing it as soon as he's called regardless if they're trying to kill Jason cause he has maxed out stats

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Slated Jason twice tonight with the help of voodoo wolf and tinfoil. RIP Jasons you were too ugly for this world.

The last Jason ran away from our angry lunch mob too. Pleadied for his life by offering up the hot dogs and soda that the man he murdered in the intro brought.

Alas he still got a machete to the skull.

It was the start of a newer, friendlier Jason and you guys ruuuuuined it :cripes:

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Snatch Duster posted:

Pleadied for his life by offering up the hot dogs and soda that the man he murdered in the intro brought.

Ooh dude that's jeff.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Hahaha of course the "police response time decreased" is called "My Dad's A Cop."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Burkion posted:

If you don't play Jarvis as a chance to get more people out, you aren't playing him correctly.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hahaha of course the "police response time decreased" is called "My Dad's A Cop."

I got a high enough roll on this that it cuts a full minute off the wait. its so good

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lastdancer posted:

It was the start of a newer, friendlier Jason and you guys ruuuuuined it :cripes:

WHICH BRINGS ME TO

GOON TALES THE TOMMYKNOCKING

So I wasn't around for the first Jason slaying. Can't share much on that.

Boy do I have stories to tell about the second though. So I was Goth Girl because I planned to go take care of poo poo. However I got a very different job to do- put the phone online for that to be a way out. So I did, or at least, I tried. Every time I got near phone house, after I called Tommy more on that in a moment, Last Dancer kept showing up as Jason and loving with me. I kept running off and hiding but this happened like three times.

The third time though, as I kept circling the area to get back to phone house, a very unusual thing happened. Jason came running up to me asking for help. Some ruffians were going to kill him. So, being the friendly sort I was, I went on a jog with Jason from phone house, across the lake, to the little peninsula on the map. I became Jason's friend and herald, the broker of peace between the new, kinder, gentler Jason and the unruly mob. We waited around there for a goddamn while as they converged on us.

The following few minutes, nearly reaching the time out portion, were me yelling for them to leave Jason alone as they beat the poo poo out of him and murdered him deader than dead. I could do nothing to save him, for I was a bearer of peace and love.

I was briefly tempted to gently caress up the thing but that would be a massive dick move. I mean, I'm not a Chad or anything.

Last Dancer really didn't stand a goddamn chance.

The other few matches were kind of a blur, a lot of failed attempts to kill Jason, and most importantly, me calling Tommy Jarvis EVERY GODDAMN TIME. One point I found myself outside of Tommy House with Tinfoil as Jason and thought, Okay, I'm safe here. No one gives a poo poo about Tommy house.

Cue Tinfoil showing up and me being very confused about what the gently caress. I discover shortly there after that it was ALSO the goddamn phone house. So that was a nightmare.

Another time I was Nerd Girl, and ended up meeting with some people, notably I believe Silver as a Chad. Spanky was with us as we went down to the docks to put the gas in the boat, which already had the propeller on it thanks to Big K.

Knowing Chads and knowing Chad was putting the gas in the boat, I sat by the second seat and mashed E as fast as humanly possible. No Chadding me today, Chad! We got out alive thanks to the sacrifice of literally everyone else except for one person who made it to the cops.

The last round I was up as Vanessa, where Jason completely ignored me while I tried to get his attention, right up until I brained him and kept running around. We got the car put together real quick, and Duster bravely sacrificed himself on the island so we could drive out.

And by bravely sacrificed himself, I mean he was right there on the mini map near the car and that Jason didn't want to get got by him.

Last Dancer was Tommy! It didn't end well for him. The last dude, Silver, got out thanks to the cops.

Seriously six or so games in a row, and I either started right at Tommy house, or was the first one to find it. Every goddamn time.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, Quickmatch seems to work now on XBox. I just went 5/5 as Savini Jason against a bunch of randos. The highlight for me was snagging a girl off of the boat just feet before open water and safety.

E: It didn't save my XP from that game though :(

Hockles fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 3, 2017

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Welp, so far I've been searching for a quick match session for half an hour tonight. Starting to get pissed.

Edit: Finally got into a lobby... and the loving game crashed.

...! fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 3, 2017

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Burkion posted:

Cue Tinfoil showing up and me being very confused about what the gently caress. I discover shortly there after that it was ALSO the goddamn phone house. So that was a nightmare.

Another time I was Nerd Girl, and ended up meeting with some people, notably I believe Silver as a Chad. Spanky was with us as we went down to the docks to put the gas in the boat, which already had the propeller on it thanks to Big K.

Knowing Chads and knowing Chad was putting the gas in the boat, I sat by the second seat and mashed E as fast as humanly possible. No Chadding me today, Chad! We got out alive thanks to the sacrifice of literally everyone else except for one person who made it to the cops.

The last round I was up as Vanessa, where Jason completely ignored me while I tried to get his attention, right up until I brained him and kept running around. We got the car put together real quick, and Duster bravely sacrificed himself on the island so we could drive out.

And by bravely sacrificed himself, I mean he was right there on the mini map near the car and that Jason didn't want to get got by him.

Last Dancer was Tommy! It didn't end well for him. The last dude, Silver, got out thanks to the cops.

Seriously six or so games in a row, and I either started right at Tommy house, or was the first one to find it. Every goddamn time.

I whiffed it pretty bad as Jarvis, we had the mask off, and everything was staged for a jason kill and I wound up killing another councilor, and missed the sweater audio queue and hosed everything up :doh:

When I was Jason, soon as I heard the sweater queue, I was off back to an island to put a stop to that madness. Jarvis showed up but, at that point the guys running off in the car is the least of my concern. Must kill sweater girl.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

TOOT BOOT posted:

Is there any game mechanic to encourage counselors to work as a team other than the 'everyone survives' bonus which rarely seems to happen without an AFK/really incompetent Jason?

You can get like 1700-1800 xp if you pull off a good team effort, kill jason and do all of the needful.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Jason befriending a Chad so he'll shotgun execute the sweater girl in order to survive is now officially the most canon Chad thing.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Can someone explain to me why the gently caress combat mode locks on to other counselors? Going toe-to-toe with Jason, someone comes to help, and I immediately switch targets mid-swing and murder him :ughh:

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
Just got my first clean sweep with Jason. I used the technique suggested in this thread of spending the first few minutes destroying and trapping rather than chasing down people. I am not sure what anyone can do to stop it from working pretty well all the time.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MadJackMcJack posted:

Can someone explain to me why the gently caress combat mode locks on to other counselors? Going toe-to-toe with Jason, someone comes to help, and I immediately switch targets mid-swing and murder him :ughh:

Sometimes you got to kill chad for keeping all the keys and running away with the battery.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Shemp the Stooge posted:

Just got my first clean sweep with Jason. I used the technique suggested in this thread of spending the first few minutes destroying and trapping rather than chasing down people. I am not sure what anyone can do to stop it from working pretty well all the time.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing and it works great. Thanks to whoever came up with that.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shemp the Stooge posted:

Kill Jason usually works. I've got it down to a science now.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

They should be running this game on their own servers rather than peer to peer. I'm so sick of getting dumped out of games because the host died and decided to quit.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Tonight I played against the most incompetent Jason ever. He got zero kills despite having plenty of time. He was definitely trying; I saw him take some swings at people, but we all managed to make it to the cops in about twelve minutes. Had a good laugh about it in chat.

I would have felt sorry for him but in the previous round he glitched himself into the sky. Rather than just let Jason kill him with knives, he purposely floated over buildings to block the knives. He finally hosed up and Jason tagged him with about two minutes to go. Wasted a bunch of everyone's time.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

...! posted:

They should be running this game on their own servers rather than peer to peer. I'm so sick of getting dumped out of games because the host died and decided to quit.

On the flip side Ping is so inconsistent and makes a huge difference in ability to play making even more reason to go dedicated. Peer 2 Peer is such a poo poo system for anything even a bit twitch related.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
You know when you're Jason and you just can't hit those vertical windows with your axe/machete? Use combat mode and aim up! :haw:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Snatch Duster posted:

Kill Jason usually works. I've got it down to a science now.

Yeah, that worked great on me last night. :bigtran:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

...! posted:

Quick matches are on dedicated servers.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Missed a golden opportunity this morning some chinese guy was botting and got picked for jason. I was suspicious when i saw him pacing in front of the shack but then the car drove by so i hopped in should stayed and beat the tar outta him.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey sorry for not taking on the PS4 stuff last night, a "quick game" with friends ended up turning into a five loving hour marathon of dumb jokes, beer, and increasingly deranged gimmick ideas for playing as Jason. Flamingly camp, heterosexual Jason won out by a worrying margin. We tried doing a few public games as a group but just hosed off back into private because none of us were taking it seriously, and just annoying everyone.

Unfortunately my sneaky tactic of repairing the boat as Deborah was learned pretty quickly and my buddies learned to wait by the water exit every so often. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Wow, every time it's VII Jason the host drops and I get kicked, all I want is to be murdered

• Locked thread