Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Just ran my first race, exiles everywhere. Made it to level 13 with a shadow, spent a lot of time resetting instances for certain exile combos and didn't craft a +1 for my freeze pulse. With more confidence to run through bad packs and more preparation, I think I could have hit the first level target. I'm pretty happy with not having died though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

they changed BLAMT so now every character starts with a crude bow

still ridiculously rippy

lol really? If that isn't an acknowledgement of the broken level of 'challenge' in that race mode idk what is.

Also, lets go back to ~2013 for a second:

"Melee is broken."

BLAMT is just not fun.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I am totally off this race, they removed the starting bow

e; it is also NOT fixed seed

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
"Fixed Seed: All instances of a given area have the same area layout, for all players. Multiple Race Events will regularly have the same seed. That is, the instance area layouts will be same in all the races of a fixed seed set. This includes all Signature events."

that's the ggg i know and love

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
One shot before Hillock. Yeah, nah, don't think this is for me.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
It is fixed seed, but the seed doesn't include drops. Strongboxes are the only things you can really exploit because of this.lol nevermind it's just not fixed at all.

That said it's really dumb. If you don't have a logout macro and a lot of experience playing Hardcore, don't bother; you probably won't even get to the first waypoint.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 4, 2017

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I made it past hillock, but not to the tidal island unfortunately. Not so sure I want to play 5 acts of basic bow attacks.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TheRat posted:

"character does not exist"

Yeah that was pretty dumb of me to use a voided character in my post :v: , lets try NotIntoBreaching

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Skyl3lazer posted:

I am totally off this race, they removed the starting bow

e; it is also NOT fixed seed

what why in gods name did they change that back again :psyduck:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Goddamn I love BLAMT. Took me a few tries but I'm finally past ledge. When you can't dodge poo poo it gets reaaaaally sketchy, and I don't want to use a logout macro so I have to whittle down mob groups between town trips.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing in PoE, but tried out the Exiles race and BLAMT for a laugh. In BLAMT I cleared the little island thing that has the quest for the quicksilver flask and got murdered by angry Rhoa in the Mud Flats. In Exiles I spent 40 minutes rerolling characters after being murdered 2 feet out of town and ended at level 4.

Game's good!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Wilekat posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress I'm doing in PoE, but tried out the Exiles race and BLAMT for a laugh. In BLAMT I cleared the little island thing that has the quest for the quicksilver flask and got murdered by angry Rhoa in the Mud Flats. In Exiles I spent 40 minutes rerolling characters after being murdered 2 feet out of town and ended at level 4.

Game's good!

The fact that you beat tidal island in BLAMT is fairly impressive, it's probably the hardest of all the events.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
is anyone actually going to finish? I seriously can't see it as even possible in the time frame and mods

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Zenithe posted:

is anyone actually going to finish? I seriously can't see it as even possible in the time frame and mods
Yes people finished the last time it was run.

One example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NF0ixKNOc
(first on google)

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
BLAMT gets easier as you go along and get better geared, and since you have 24 hours you can farm safer areas for currency/drops and only push on when you're totally safe. It also helps to spend the majority of your points on more life/ES, evasion/armor and resists.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Steelmage finished BLAMT in under 5 hours.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
After 5 slow and steady hours I am finally at the start of Act 3 in the BLAMT race. It's mostly been pretty fun, aside from Brutus, who was hell on earth. No deaths yet, had one disconnect but it was in a safe place.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I'm most of the way through act 2 in blamt, gonna get some sleep and see if I can at least get through act3 before the time runs out. I'd be pretty happy with that.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Couple hours, made it to the Ledge on my third character. Gonna see if I can get through act 1 tomorrow. BLAMT is ridiculously evil, it's good poo poo.

Probably going to play some of Uber Beyond and then take a break until the 2hour Monstrous Treasure and 2hour Headhunter races.

Mulozon Empuri
Jan 23, 2006

Got Brutus down below 10% before chunked me. Holy gently caress that was a fun fight.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jesus apparently Helmann would have gotten first in that BLAMT race except he died to Malachai at around 4:07, Steel ended up killing Malachai at 4:14. And of course Steel and Fightgarr are the first two to finish it.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
well gee thanks RNG for handing me a Koams Primacy that I'll never be able to use.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't respect the BLAMT vaal oversoul, and man, that was a painful mistake :negative:

still really happy that I got through act 1!

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Motherfucker, Abomination Piety just put an end to my BLAMT run thanks to my logout macro deciding it was time to ignore my key presses. Has anyone else found this happening, my other macros were working fine?

Some highlights of the run:

Found an araku tiki pretty early which really helped.
Found a koam's cache which gave me a koam's primacy that I vendored immediately in disgust.
Found some abberaths hooves which will sell nicely in standard, a league i never play.
A stibnite flask I found was a real mvp in a lot of situations.

King Koam phase 3 is nuts and it took me about 5 logouts to do it.

Level reached 40, time played 10 hours 53 minutes

Stangg fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 4, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I made it through Act 1 and called it there. I was surprised I made it past Brutus, and he kinda feels like the biggest hump for a while - you still have to play carefully, but you can really just make steady progress after that.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Stangg posted:

koam's koam's Koam

It's Kaom.

Othen than that, good show! I couldn't be arsed to even get halfway through act 1 myself.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Valle posted:

I couldn't be arsed to even get halfway through act 1 myself.

same

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Uber beyond race is real fun but real rippy

Just died at level 21.8 after taking it super slow, so bye to the mtx I guess. I'm not even using the few mtx I have gotten from just playing in leagues so I'm not too sad though. I kept accidentally spawning Haast in Chamber of Sins level 1 which was real funny, had to run out and reset the instance no less than 4 times.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

Uber beyond race is real fun but real rippy

Just died at level 21.8 after taking it super slow, so bye to the mtx I guess. I'm not even using the few mtx I have gotten from just playing in leagues so I'm not too sad though. I kept accidentally spawning Haast in Chamber of Sins level 1 which was real funny, had to run out and reset the instance no less than 4 times.

Yeah this one was crazy in a more fun way than the clusterfuck that million-invaders or blamt is.

I played really cautiously (probably overly so) and got to level 23. I killed as little as possible in Chamber of Sins because there was no room to run away if something nasty spawned. I was too scared to take on Weaver (killing a million spiders in a tiny boss room) so I spent about 5 levels running round Western Forest.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah that was very fun, beyond is kinda annoying in maps but hilarious in a race

shadow lightning traps took me to 28 and act 3, I didn't pick up a single item except for a helm with life and res

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I went back to act 1 to buy a Decoy Totem which saved my rear end so many times.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nightwisher posted:

Yeah that was pretty dumb of me to use a voided character in my post :v: , lets try NotIntoBreaching

sent

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Level 13 and a half on descent champions, seems pretty bad but I had no idea what I was doing so :shrug:

Cool game mode, though.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
uber breach/monstrous treasure: sounds like a fun idea, is super boring most of the time

also not a single character managed to reach level 45 in uber breach, shows how lame it actually is

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Dang that was a lot to catch up after not paying any attention to POE for 2 weeks. Now to get some races in.

Patch noted are up.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1906464

quote:

We have enabled the Qiwi payment method (via Xsolla) for Russian users.
We have revamped Path of Exile's microtransaction system.
We have added a Cosmetics screen next to the Inventory. Rather than applying your effects directly to items, these effects now have their own slots. This allows you to swap your gear around as you level up without having to constantly reclaim and re-apply effects.
Skills that can have microtransactions applied are shown in a list. You can click them to see which microtransactions apply to them.
The microtransaction stash has been entirely replaced with a new display that can easily show you what effects you have for each slot. It's easy to equip effects directly from here by just clicking on them. Everything you own is shown in this stash, including effects that are currently in use on other characters, so you can't misplace microtransactions anymore.
If all your copies of a certain microtransaction are equipped to other characters, you can select which one you want to move to this character.
Pets, portals, social frames and upcoming alternate character portraits now have individual slots, so that they are easy to equip. Like before, one instance of these can be applied to multiple characters.
Mystery boxes are now grouped by type and have an improved opening experience.
The hideout stash has also been replaced with a similar new display. Hideout decorations are now shared between all leagues.
Microtransactions other than Skin Transfer can now be used in races where they were previously disabled.
The way that you reclaim transfered skins has been changed. You now shift-click the skinned item to remove the skin from it.
The /claim_crafting_benches command has been removed. You can now place crafting benches from previous leagues in your challenge league hideout, but must level the masters up as usual to unlock various crafting functions.
Note: Under the new system, it's possible to delete a character without losing microtransactions. The warning for deleting characters with microtransactions has been removed, but the regular deletion warning is still there. It is now possible to delete characters with items affected by Skin Transfers. Also, because microtransaction effects are not directly bound to items, the warning that you get when selling an item to a vendor doesn't occur any more. We will look into ways to make vendoring items safer.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Goodbye mtx macro. You are no longer needed.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Huh, figured all that was coming with 3.0 and not sooner. Cool.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

it was something that needed to be in place early so that it'd work with the beta

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh thank god, no more random witch hunts on standard looking for a long lost MTX that the macro says is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
This delay is going to take more than 15 minutes and cancel the only goddamn Headhunter race I can do, isn't it? :smith:

e: Nevermind, they pushed it back an hour. :black101:

e2: Oops

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/871886924188966913

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 6, 2017

• Locked thread