Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
If she wasn't going to be fixed by next week, if not earlier, I would absolutely start chucking cactuars into her now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I could see skipping her if you have rainbow physical DPS, and there are a lot of those floating around out there right now.

For those who aren't so lucky, Yda is one of the best non-rainbow phys DPS units out there right now. Just as solid as Firion/Chizuru/Xiao, with the added bonus of a long duration, higher potency Full Break that basically makes her a single-target Ling that trades utility and quality of life for a lot of offense. Her main weak point is that her attacks don't penetrate defenses, so she doesn't get to double dip on debuffs + ignore defense like Orlandeau/Greg/Olive. You also have to interact with her, since her attack changes from round to round, so she's not a lazy DPS option.

For pure DPS, Kelsus is going to be the better monk. He trades the debuffs for physical versions of Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga/Darkga and an innate dual wield for fist weapons (which gives him dualcast of aforemented abilities, if you give him two fists). Another free unit, but doesn't come with free gear.

Papalymo is definitely a character I'd have reservations about giving a 6* upgrade to, especially given that we just had a trio of (better) mages come and go with Terra, Kefka and Zyrus. His freebie gear is also not that good unless you can't clear one of the earlier trials for a decent rod. The only thing I'll give him points for is that his MP regen and attack buff spells are able to be included in a dualcast. Otherwise, Y'shtola is the better mage. 5* Shantotto should be fairly soon, and she'll blow most of the 6* mages out of the water with her dualcast ancient magic spells.

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 3, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Got my Ling up to 95% dodge, so hopefully someone can get some use out of her.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Varance posted:

Yeah, I could see skipping her if you have rainbow physical DPS, and there are a lot of those floating around out there right now.

For those who aren't so lucky, Yda is one of the best non-rainbow phys DPS units out there right now. Just as solid as Firion/Chizuru/Xiao, with the added bonus of a long duration, higher potency Full Break that basically makes her a single-target Ling that trades utility and quality of life for a lot of offense. Her main weak point is that her attacks don't penetrate defenses, so she doesn't get to double dip on debuffs + ignore defense like Orlandeau/Greg/Olive. You also have to interact with her, since her attack changes from round to round, so she's not a lazy DPS option.

For pure DPS, Kelsus is going to be the better monk. He trades the debuffs for physical versions of Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga/Darkga and an innate dual wield for fist weapons (which gives him dualcast of aforemented abilities, if you give him two fists). Another free unit, but doesn't come with free gear.

Papalymo is definitely a character I'd have reservations about giving a 6* upgrade to, especially given that we just had a trio of (better) mages come and go with Terra, Kefka and Zyrus. His freebie gear is also not that good unless you can't clear one of the earlier trials for a decent rod. The only thing I'll give him points for is that his MP regen and attack buff spells are able to be included in a dualcast. Otherwise, Y'shtola is the better mage. 5* Shantotto should be fairly soon, and she'll blow most of the 6* mages out of the water with her dualcast ancient magic spells.

i would say that papalymo is better than terra or kefka by virtue of the fact that he can just straight up dualcast. terra can unlock it i guess but that takes time to set up and even if you slap a dualcast on kefka all of his good spells are abilities anyhow.

of course flare certainly isnt an exciting finisher

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

RIght now being the key words, there is NO WAY she'll stay this stupid.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Still open for business. 5 slots for elite goons.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mischalaniouse posted:

Half off roll: Trance Terra. I keep getting caster 5*s. Two Dark Finas, and now Trance Terra. I mean I'm happy to get 5*'s, but casters are just kinda meh.

At very least T.Terra enhancements came out just as Gumi learned how to unfuck casters so she's extremely powerful with them. She still has the caster itemization issues where its extremely easy to hit the 300% extra stat limit but its harder to push out higher raw damage numbers but the added advantage that being a caster means their damage stat is additive when dual wielding. Oh and the biggest issue is that its hard to gear them so they dont die from a loving stiff fart.

Gumi just needs to start paring magic with health instead of spr or mp. That or add a way for them to start taking MP hits instead of HP ones. A mana wall or something.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Wait, does budding maple wand trigger shard of genius? This makes no sense..

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I was going to use Yda anway since I like her in FF14, so hearing that she is actually good is good to hear.

I beat the trial somewhat easily, got all missions too in one run. I hate to be one of those people who say "It was easy for me, I just used two Fryevias with stone killer" but, well....

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
Lol pulled 3 yshtolas in the same pull.

Any idea if the raid gacha is going to be updated? Kind of lame that there's no esper crystals. Unless I want to craft equipment for all 8 papalymos and however many dozen thancreds i don't need all these ffxiv only materials

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the new materials dont actually drop very much, i think i've pulled more yshtolas than the new materials i need to craft a dumb rear end rod

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Wait, does budding maple wand trigger shard of genius? This makes no sense..

Not as confusing as the forthcoming "Striking Staff" being a Rod.

new kind of cat posted:

Lol pulled 3 yshtolas in the same pull.

Any idea if the raid gacha is going to be updated? Kind of lame that there's no esper crystals. Unless I want to craft equipment for all 8 papalymos and however many dozen thancreds i don't need all these ffxiv only materials

I'm kind of soured on the new Raid gacha because there's nothing good in it for me except the King Cactuars. I already grinded the gear I wanted for Y'shtola and Minfilia on the last go around. Got enough star motes and powered Minfilia to 6*.

Yeah, I'll probably get enough of the units to get another TM from the golds and maybe another shard of genius(which is realized is functionally worse than Sice's TM), but that's not that exciting.

There's not even any mini-burst pots to hope for.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 3, 2017

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Actually hold up I think budding maple wand is a staff

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Actually hold up I think budding maple wand is a staff

It is but you'd think it was a rod because a wand is more like a rod than a staff.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do we have any concrete evidence that shows treasure hunting units like Xon and Locke working on the vortex? I'm thinking of getting my lockes up just because of the drat enhancement crys grind.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do we have any concrete evidence that shows treasure hunting units like Xon and Locke working on the vortex? I'm thinking of getting my lockes up just because of the drat enhancement crys grind.

WE DO! Click here!

tl:dr Locke increases drop rates for the t1-t3 mats, and Xon increases the drops for the t4 mats.

Also they stack on top of the base drop rate so you'll want a party full for maximum effect.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 3, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of building chains. I've been using Reberta all wrong, holy poo poo. I just tried TTerra's Chaos Wave, a boosted Mystic Thrust, and a friend Orlandeau's Divine Ruination and just ripped ELT Titan apart. I feel like it'd be better if I had a dual wield for her, but I'll get that soon enough, since I have 6% to go on Zidane.

Edit: Also found a new priority for leveling by pulling a Wilhelm. Once I'm done with him (he's at 75), then it'll be Y'shtola and Minfillia.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 3, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

WE DO! Click here!

tl:dr Locke increases drop rates for the t1-t3 mats, and Xon increases the drops for the t4 mats.

Also they stack on top of the base drop rate so you'll want a party full for maximum effect.

Neato. I have 3 lockes and 2 Xons and while one of the Xons is ready to go, none of the lockes are. Shouldn't be difficult to grind out at leaset 2 of them to 5* 80 with the amount of cactuar kings I'm getting.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Echophonic posted:

I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of building chains. I've been using Reberta all wrong, holy poo poo. I just tried TTerra's Chaos Wave, a boosted Mystic Thrust, and a friend Orlandeau's Divine Ruination and just ripped ELT Titan apart. I feel like it'd be better if I had a dual wield for her, but I'll get that soon enough, since I have 6% to go on Zidane.

T.Terra chains really nicely it's just a shame you have to boost her a turn to get the ten hits out of it.

I wonder how different the game would really be if all abilities (not spells) hit twice from dual wield.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Is there a decent simple guide to chaining? I get the concept anyway but for whatever reason the execution escapes me. Do I just need to watch videos for how specific units chain? I have two Setzers which is apparently insanely good for chaining but can't make it work for the life of me.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Minfilia with two protection of the gods materias is really baller. It seems like every turn against the Titan results in me having a team with full hp again.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

WE DO! Click here!

This isnt nearly enough data.

As it looks like Locke *decreases* T4 drops.

And devs say that Xon doesn't stack.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Ugato posted:

Is there a decent simple guide to chaining? I get the concept anyway but for whatever reason the execution escapes me. Do I just need to watch videos for how specific units chain? I have two Setzers which is apparently insanely good for chaining but can't make it work for the life of me.

Are you talking about just chaining the two Setzers or are you trying to work a finisher in with them? I've currently got two Setzers and an Olive I usually work in together. Do your Setzers have dual wield?

If it's just the two Setzers, the simplest thing would probably to queue up Red Card or Prismatic Flash on both of them and then hit them one after another as fast as you can. If you get tricky you might be able to pull the prismatic flashes into one long chain.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I just did a million damage to Titan ELT with Olive's True Shot. It feels good.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 3, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mile'ionaha posted:

This isnt nearly enough data.

As it looks like Locke *decreases* T4 drops.

And devs say that Xon doesn't stack.

I missed where they said Xon doesn't stack but there was a translation post on Reddit where they said Locke will.

As for the sample size. Yeah, we need five times as many runs to say for certain but it's the best we've got at this point. So do your duty soldier, 3 runs a day and chart them!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I need Large Sword Mastery now and I'm having trouble with Beasts of the Dark. They can one shot my whole team on the second turn, even Cecil. What am I doing wrong? Every strategy said to steal their buffs with Xon and nuke them down but that doesn't work for me at all.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

arisu posted:

Are you talking about just chaining the two Setzers or are you trying to work a finisher in with them? I've currently got two Setzers and an Olive I usually work in together. Do your Setzers have dual wield?

If it's just the two Setzers, the simplest thing would probably to queue up Red Card or Prismatic Flash on both of them and then hit them one after another as fast as you can. If you get tricky you might be able to pull the prismatic flashes into one long chain.

I just apparently have a shitload of grinding to do. I've really basically just started so I'm not looking to do the kind of insanity that is going on in the videos I've looked up. My real question was extremely basic in that (my attempts at) combos always seem to be lack luster for me. But mostly it looks like it's all about one-rounding big stuff. Just have to find your unit/ability combos and the specific timing to make it work. So it's mostly just scrambling around doing research for someone relatively new.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

So I need Large Sword Mastery now and I'm having trouble with Beasts of the Dark. They can one shot my whole team on the second turn, even Cecil. What am I doing wrong? Every strategy said to steal their buffs with Xon and nuke them down but that doesn't work for me at all.

You need buffs. Minifilia must rotate Dark, Water, Fire gaurd at all times in order without fail. You need Protectga/Shellga up at all times, bring Yshtola. Here's the best guide I've seen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/65102a/boberochs_guide_to_dark_espers_all_stars/

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

You need buffs. Minifilia must rotate Dark, Water, Fire gaurd at all times in order without fail. You need Protectga/Shellga up at all times, bring Yshtola. Here's the best guide I've seen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/65102a/boberochs_guide_to_dark_espers_all_stars/

I didn't level my Minfilia at all.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah, everything past the parade of the possessed is where the poo poo gets real. It starts to become more about having the right resistance gear and units that can buff/debuff.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Alternatively, the Exvius wiki has instructions on how to cheese it with two Edgars and as many dual-wielding Setzers as you can field. I used two Setzers plus Marie for her AOE imperil after I got tired of being stomped into dust trying to do it legit, and got all rewards except for the trust moogle.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ratmtattat posted:

Minfilia with two protection of the gods materias is really baller. It seems like every turn against the Titan results in me having a team with full hp again.

I'm a little bummed that folks that missed out on the Ifrit event can't do this. Ah well. Still looking forward to getting my first.

Ugato posted:

Part of it just comes down to practice with execution. Go into super cheap nodes and just practice the execution on one focused target until you know the timings for how everyone animates.

Echophonic posted:

How you chain with Reberta depends on who you're chaining with, yeah. Even single-wielding, a single-target Mystic Thrust is an incredibly powerful tool. I'm at the point where, even without a Holy Spear or dual wield, my Reberta, my Yda and a goon buddy Orlandeau can build a combo that rips PRO Titan apart in a single turn, with the total damage done being north of two million. The only thing preventing me from doing ELT right now is that Minfilia and Y'shtola are too low level. Once Minfilia is 80 and Y'shtola is 100 (they've both been ascended once), I might actually have a shot at pulling something off, assuming I can figure out a solution for petrify resistance at my progression level. I have the Gold Armlet from Empire of Light & Dark, but I need to get to Dilmagia for the second one, I'm still a bit of a ways from the Junkyard, and the Orphanage is waaaaay off.

(I'm a little bummed they treat Gaol, or "Rock Throw", as just a petrify here - the gimmick in XIV is that you can actually break people out of the rock prisons to save them. Given how faithfully the other mechanics are replicated, I was hoping that would be too.)

Oh yeah, I did pull this off from the gacha:

So that's everyone and a truly powerful healer for me now.

Also, really, this has been a generous event. I'm already at like 300k points and I've only refreshed my orbs a couple times. Even if I hadn't gotten Y'shtola from the gacha, I would've gotten her by the end of Sunday for sure, and now I'm also kind of drowning in money. Now the trick is just building her, and everyone else's, gear :v:

By the way, one question on mechanics: when I played back at launch, I could have sworn there was a mechanic by which the nodes in an exploration would respawn. Am I just high and imagining this or do they? Or should I just hit all nodes and bail immediately if I'm doing, say, Phantom Forest for magicite?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
The explorations nodes just respawn every time you enter the area, otherwise everyone would've just sat in the same explorations for hours racking up Fire and Light Megacrysts for Hero and Ruler Rings.

So yeah, unless you have the time/patience do do a full clear for a ton of exp and gil per energy spent, it's totally possible to just hop in, hit all the nodes, kill the boss and leave. That's all I've been doing for the Abandoned Orphanage and Scorching Volcano for ring materials.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

The explorations nodes just respawn every time you enter the area, otherwise everyone would've just sat in the same explorations for hours racking up Fire and Light Megacrysts for Hero and Ruler Rings.

So yeah, unless you have the time/patience do do a full clear for a ton of exp and gil per energy spent, it's totally possible to just hop in, hit all the nodes, kill the boss and leave. That's all I've been doing for the Abandoned Orphanage and Scorching Volcano for ring materials.

I thought that's how it was, but I could swear I remember respawning nodes being a thing right at launch.

Well, either way, time to use some stamina to farm up magicite in Phantom Forest in between advancing the plot.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cartoon Man posted:

I followed this guide almost 100% and only ran into trouble around 50% Ifrit. Nothing that couldn't have been recovered from.

Helped having dualcast on Cecil for barwatera and barfira to start the rotation. Minfilia basically casts an elemental protection every turn and you use Cecil and 1 or 2 others as ether throwers for friend Orlandu and Minfilia (occasionally Y'shtola).

I also got lucky and no one had their MP stolen that wasn't supposed to on turn 1, so that helped

Should I be smooshing the new Titan XIV summons (non Thancred/Min/Y'sh)?

hagie fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 4, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

Should I be smooshing the new Titan XIV summons (non Thancred/Min/Y'sh)?

Well, of note, when we get our THIRD FF14 raid (Garuda), all the FF14 TMs will be able to be crafted together (3 each) to make a better version. For instance, 3 Minfilia TMs will make a TM that is 15% Resist all (still worse than Garnet's)

But Yda's upgraded... will give 20% ATK and 15% Evade.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP Update: There's a Seiken Densetsu (Mana) event is going on. Duke from Seiken Densetsu 1 (the male protagonist from Final Fantasy Adventure/Sword of Mana) is available through event completion, plus Kevin, Lise, Hawk and Charlotte from Seiken Densetsu 3 are available via summon. Randi, Primm and Popoi from Seiken Densetsu 2 are back, plus Popoi is now capable of going 6*.

Note that both the old Secret of Mana event and the new Mana Collection event are running concurrently in JP during the event period.

Kevin (5*/6*) is your bog-standard "rainbow summon physical DPS powerhouse" character. His gimmick is restoring party MP while attacking and extremely large single hits, plus he has a chance of getting buffed when taking damage. Damage is on par with Aileen. Trust is +30% ATK if using fists, +30% ATK if using clothes (+60% total).

Lise (5*/6*) is Kain, Yuna, Roy/Soleil and Ling rolled into a single character. 45% AoE Full Break and 120% partywide stat buffs, plus a 2000% multiplier attack that uses the summon gauge and jumps. Do I need to say anything else? She's both extremely versatile and powerful. Trust is an extremely tanky helmet.

Hawk (5*/6*) is a hybrid DPS with some powerful elemental debuffing and access to all 8 elements. In other words, a much better version of Popoi or Primm. He's able to drop a 600% dark attack on all enemies that also hits them with a 30% imperil to all elements. Also in his toolkit is an enhanced Bladeblitz, some high multipler phys attacks and partywide MP restoration. Trust mastery is a hybrid ATK/MAG dagger that passively increases burst generation.

Duke (5*/6*) is similar to Firion, if Firion was a hybrid DPS. He can equip just about everything. He's extremely tanky if equipped with a shield. He can give himself killer effects. He can self-buff his stats either toward physical or magical DPS, or increase burst stone drops instead. He's got Flare. He's got a 300% AoE physical move. He's got a limit break with an 800% multiplier, improvable to 1040%. Best of all, you get him for free for clearing the Mana Beast trial. One of the more powerful non-rainbow summon characters out there, especially if you build him for phys DPS and feed him via Entrust. Trust is HP/MP+10%,ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR+15%.

Charlotte (4*/6*) is a hybrid DPS similar to Primm or Popoi, with an AoE regen, raise and full break thrown in for good measure. Nothing too special here. Trust is +20 HP/Defense/Spirit + 10% light resist.

Poppy (4*/6*) as a 6* gains a bunch of stat increases (HP/MP+20%, MAG+30%), random healing/mana recovery and AoE full breaking via the Lunatic ability (think Ace's Hand abilities) and a 400% multiplier AoE single hit magic spell, which puts her roughly on par with 6* Primm.

Character rating spreadsheet updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok/edit#gid=2008427956

There's going to be a rerun of the FF4 Giant of Babel event in the next week or two, probably starting next Thursday, 6/8.

Varance fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 4, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Varance posted:

There's going to be a rerun of the FF4 Giant of Babel event in the next week or two, probably starting next Thursday, 6/8.

Yes! I joined during the tail end of Orbonne Monastary and I think Babel was the first event that started when I was playing, and I was in no way able to beat the hardest difficulty. Vengeance shall be mine!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Varance posted:

JP Update: There's a Seiken Densetsu (Mana) event is going on. Duke from Seiken Densetsu 1 (the male protagonist from Final Fantasy Adventure/Sword of Mana) is available through event completion, plus Kevin, Lise, Hawk and Charlotte from Seiken Densetsu 3 are available via summon. Randi, Primm and Popoi from Seiken Densetsu 2 are back, plus Popoi is now capable of going 6*.

Note that both the old Secret of Mana event and the new Mana Collection event are running concurrently in JP during the event period.

Kevin (5*/6*) is your bog-standard "rainbow summon physical DPS powerhouse" character. His gimmick is restoring party MP while attacking and extremely large single hits, plus he has a chance of getting buffed when taking damage. Damage is on par with Aileen. Trust is +30% ATK if using fists, +30% ATK if using clothes (+60% total).

Lise (5*/6*) is Kain, Yuna, Roy/Soleil and Ling rolled into a single character. 45% AoE Full Break and 120% partywide stat buffs, plus a 2000% multiplier attack that uses the summon gauge and jumps. Do I need to say anything else? She's both extremely versatile and powerful. Trust is an extremely tanky helmet.

Hawk (5*/6*) is a hybrid DPS with some powerful elemental debuffing and access to all 8 elements. In other words, a much better version of Popoi or Primm. He's able to drop a 600% dark attack on all enemies that also hits them with a 30% imperil to all elements. Also in his toolkit is an enhanced Bladeblitz, some high multipler phys attacks and partywide MP restoration. Trust mastery is a hybrid ATK/MAG dagger that passively increases burst generation.

Duke (5*/6*) is similar to Firion, if Firion was a hybrid DPS. He can equip just about everything. He's extremely tanky if equipped with a shield. He can give himself killer effects. He can self-buff his stats either toward physical or magical DPS, or increase burst stone drops instead. He's got Flare. He's got a 300% AoE physical move. He's got a limit break with an 800% multiplier, improvable to 1040%. Best of all, you get him for free for clearing the Mana Beast trial. One of the more powerful non-rainbow summon characters out there, especially if you build him for phys DPS and feed him via Entrust. Trust is HP/MP+10%,ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR+15%.

Charlotte (4*/6*) is a hybrid DPS similar to Primm or Popoi, with an AoE regen, raise and full break thrown in for good measure. Nothing too special here. Trust is +20 HP/Defense/Spirit + 10% light resist.

Poppy (4*/6*) as a 6* gains a bunch of stat increases (HP/MP+20%, MAG+30%), random healing/mana recovery and AoE full breaking via the Lunatic ability (think Ace's Hand abilities) and a 400% multiplier AoE single hit magic spell, which puts her roughly on par with 6* Primm.

Character rating spreadsheet updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok/edit#gid=2008427956

Too bad we won't even get this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

Too bad we won't even get this.

It's a little hard to say - the previous Mana event was popular (AFAIK), and that's a lot of content to just leave on the table. On the other hand, we're almost certainly not getting the Mana Collection in English, and they've skipped collabs before, so on that front, yeah, it looks a bit grim. It really depends on whether SE and Gumi want to leave money on the table and a little content gap.

• Locked thread