Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
If you're dying for Amiibo content (for any game, not just BOTW) and have any Android phone produced in the last 3 or so years (IE has NFC capability), look up the various TagMo guides. Now that Zelda isn't leaving an inferno in its wake, you can reliably find US shippers for NTAG215 labels and get as many as you want for practically nothing in comparison to actual amiibo prices.

If you have WiiU homebrew, you can also look up dragonbane0's utility, which can let you change the identifier on any existing amiibo to a different one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
I just killed a Lionel, and it was a cool fight and all, lots of "top 10 anime battles" moments, and it was fun, but I broke all my weapons and poo poo--so like, of course, about 40 seconds after I kill it, it turns out it's a loving blood moon.

Like, hey we heard you liked that fight, here, you can do it again! And Im just trying to figure out what I think is a korok puzzle involving pushing a boulder uphill into a hole, it's the only reason I even bothered. This is the worst korok.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
My Christmas tree had a Lionel running around it when I was growing up.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Because then people would actually be able to get the in-game items AND Nintendo would get the money instead of scalpers so obviously that won't work

Yeah, they really need to add a "pay $5 to unlock this particular amiibo's function in this particular game" kind of thing for people who want super bows and spirit wolves but don't want to pay scalper prices for limited-edition plastic. They'd coin in.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

If i wanted to change my name again this soon it'd be to Lynel Richie.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I really wish you could tame lynel that you mount so I could register one with this name.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:psypop:

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Earwicker posted:

yeah but the the PS4 at least does have a fair number of other good games besides that

don't get me wrong, I don't regret getting a Switch because Zelda is amazing and Mario Kart is also a ton of fun, but it does seem like that's... kind of it for a while in terms of actual new games

Yeah the PS4 is nice now, but it came out in 2013. Bloodborne came out in 2015. And it didn't really have a killer exclusive library before that either. I like my PS4 and the PS3 before that, but pretty much every console ever (besides the dreamcast I guess, maybe the DS too) is only going to have a handful of really good exclusive titles in their first 1 or 2 years before it gets a sizable good library.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

housefly posted:

I really wish you could tame lynel that you mount so I could register one with this name.

This should totally be a DLC feature. You should be able to mount and register any enemy in the game. Guardians would be fun, especially with the death laser. But imagine shambling around on a Talus or flying inside a flock of Keese.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I hope the final DLC includes unbreakable weapons of each type just to cap it all off

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

I hope the final DLC includes unbreakable weapons of each type just to cap it all off

Knowing the pattern of the game so far, you'll have to slog through a hellish quest to earn the shop that'll make/sell the unbreakable versions of weapons.

Something that'll make Tarrey Town look like a walk in the park.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

ProjektorBoy posted:

Knowing the pattern of the game so far, you'll have to slog through a hellish quest to earn the shop that'll make/sell the unbreakable versions of weapons.

Something that'll make Tarrey Town look like a walk in the park.

Bring me 5000 bundles of wood, 718 Hinox Guts and 387 Traveller's Bows!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Emalde posted:

If you're dying for Amiibo content (for any game, not just BOTW) and have any Android phone produced in the last 3 or so years (IE has NFC capability), look up the various TagMo guides. Now that Zelda isn't leaving an inferno in its wake, you can reliably find US shippers for NTAG215 labels and get as many as you want for practically nothing in comparison to actual amiibo prices.

If you have WiiU homebrew, you can also look up dragonbane0's utility, which can let you change the identifier on any existing amiibo to a different one.

You can also get one of these and use the programmable puck that comes with it and do the same thing. Took a while to get all the bonus armors but you get loaded on consumables during the process.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You permanently lose stamina to make a weapon unbreakable.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Remove all weapon stash upgrades and reset random korok equivalent to the total upgrade cost.

Xik fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 3, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Reinanigans posted:

Because the figures are cool.

amiibos are trash and I collect toys.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Has there been any word on how to turn on hard mode? Like, gotta select that at the very start and play the whole game like that or just turn it on at your leisure?

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Has there been any word on how to turn on hard mode? Like, gotta select that at the very start and play the whole game like that or just turn it on at your leisure?

step 1) buy dlc
step 2) wait for dlc to come out
step 3) ?????

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I assume it'll be just a toggle.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I can see the headlines now

New Zelda Just Received Hard Mode, And It's Actually Hard?

I mostly get my news from Facebook

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Rivali is a jerk. I didn't want to free him.

Yiga bowmen who show up while engaging guardian stalkers are the worst thing in the game.

Woah! Just found a full apple orchid above a garden full of herbs and carrots. Awesome.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wow these lost forest shrine quests are some poo poo

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

s.i.r.e. posted:

amiibos are trash and I collect toys.

Go on...:allears:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Wank posted:

Yiga bowmen who show up while engaging guardian stalkers are the worst thing in the game.

Woah! Just found a full apple orchid above a garden full of herbs and carrots. Awesome.

A while ago I regaled the thread with my tale of ancient parts harvesting turning into a fight for my life, as a perfect storm of enemies showed up just as I whiffed my ancient arrow shot on a Guardian. I had the Guardian, two Yiga clansmen (one bowman and one tougher one with the wind sword), two or three white Bokoblins on horseback, and three Boko skeletons all at once. Even the skeletons, weak as they are, can be a deadly distraction when you've got a Guardian laser trained on you, and the mounted white Bokos are just a pain even by themselves.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Wank posted:

I loved Revali, mostly because he is a jerk. It's good for Link to have a rival (get it? Revali is the rival? :downs: ) and I enjoyed his English voice acting. Also because his scene where he targets is great. Sill think Daruk's is better, though.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Revali is part of a proud tradition of Nintendo cameos.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Gee I've been saved by Fox, how swell

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Hey Einstein genius, I'm on your side

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Alright jerks, I put in the effort to measure Hyrule. I flew from the Ridgeland Tower and hit the map screen at 501 m from the tower. On the Switch screen, fully zoomed in, that got me 107 mm, or about 4.72 m per screen mm. The full screen width on the Switch is 137 mm and there are 16 screen widths from the western cliffs in Gerudo to the eastern edge of Eventide Island, and by my math that gives us 10,360 m east to west.

Likewise, the visible vertical space between the menu options is 65 mm, and there are 26 vertical screens from the southern cliffs to the dropoff in the north, or just shy of 8,000 m north to south.

~10 km x 8 km is pretty consistent with the guy who earlier told me he saw a video of a flying machine topping out at 10,000 m about 3/4 of the way on a diagonal, northwest to southeast; I'm pretty confident in my results.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I accidentally triggered the endgame by exploring Hyrule Castle, practicing Guardian fighting, and wandering into the Sanctum. This also led to fighting Thunderblight Ganon, as I hadn't beaten it in Gerudo yet.

I was down to just one shield in the Calamity Ganon fight, which made reflecting his beams 100x more intense than if I'd been properly prepared.

Also, add me to the list of goons who had to backtrack and pick up the Light Bow after leaving it on the ground. Anyone wary about revealing that spoiler text: I think it's a useful warning for the final battle, so long as you're comfortable with knowing what it relies on. (not sure what's spoiler-worthy at this point)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Is it just me, or does the Spring of Power very closely resemble the area in Skyward Sword that's behind Skyview Temple?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
You should take a close look at the other two springs as well ;)

along the way
Jan 18, 2009
I just finished it with 190 hours on the clock. 120 shrines complete, 450 koroks and all inventory slots upgraded, 40/42 shrine quests, 71/76 side quests finished, all main quests finished. I have no idea which side quests I missed, but I'm guessing it was stuff like snowboarding and stasis golfing at the bottom of Tabantha bridge. I didn't care to finish those.

Honestly, I haven't been this obsessed with a game since OoT and MM. As I saw someone else put it, with BOTW, I was actually doing the things I only thought I was doing in previous Zeldas. Unbelievably complete experience. The exploration alone almost kept me going to 200 hours.

That said, any korok puzzles or shrines involving stasis golf can gently caress right off.

Make the second game like MM please. More fleshed-out characters and darker themes and aesthetics. All Kilton, all the time baby.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
No caves though. would have liked to explore some caves.

along the way
Jan 18, 2009

Wandle Cax posted:

No caves though. would have liked to explore some caves.

I was thinking exactly that once I'd finished. I wish there were more subterranean exploration. Not just like Blackreach from Skyrim though with a single huge underground area. More like a connected series of caves a la Dark Souls and Metroid.

One big issue there though is I'm not sure how it would gel with BOTW's go-anywhere gameplay with the parasail.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

along the way posted:

I was thinking exactly that once I'd finished. I wish there were more subterranean exploration. Not just like Blackreach from Skyrim though with a single huge underground area. More like a connected series of caves a la Dark Souls and Metroid.

One big issue there though is I'm not sure how it would gel with BOTW's go-anywhere gameplay with the parasail.

Yeah if the game had even a fraction of the level of underground exploration as it does above ground it would be amazing. But even just a few little ones like in Oot and TP or like the new Tomb Raider would have been nice, but obviously for whatever reason be it gameplay or development time they decided against it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Underground or not, I'd like to see more interior challenges, especially if it's got some traditional puzzle stuff going on. Presumably the winter DLC pack will give us some idea of what to expect from the next iteration.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It would have added a ton of cool depth to the map to maybe bomb your way into an underground cave in Faron and after exploring, pop out near Hateno Village. An underground network of express routes, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ProjektorBoy posted:

It would have added a ton of cool depth to the map to maybe bomb your way into an underground cave in Faron and after exploring, pop out near Hateno Village. An underground network of express routes, even.

Like, space-bending shortcuts?