Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fix posted:

I've only just now got to a point where I've got full inventories and I'm looking at an hour plus of tedious selloffs and am not looking forward to the process in the slightest.

e: and of course because of the limited overflow thing I've got to do it on a timeline or any of the actual gameplaying potentially forfeits gear, making playing the game riskier before I manage my dumb inventory and sell for cash for the single slot machine that exists.

meta-encumbrance in a fighting game. Brilliant. Finally I can dress up Joker exactly like I want to, unless all my slots are filled with samey swamp thing arms.

You know you can just highlight all the things you want to sell and do it all at once, right? It definitely doesn't take an hour unless you're somehow full up on every single character or something. Even then I don't think it'd be that long. Opening boxes is way more time consuming.

The most time consuming is definitely spending credits. You can only buy one box at a time, and then you have to open it too before you can buy another one. Very dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm just auto-junking any non-epic gear I find for characters that I don't plan on leveling anytime soon. By the time I get around to them I'll probably be swimming in regen tokens to keep around the good stuff.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

I'm just auto-junking any non-epic gear I find for characters that I don't plan on leveling anytime soon. By the time I get around to them I'll probably be swimming in regen tokens to keep around the good stuff.

Yeha I did exactly this and have 90ish regen tokens

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also if you're looking for abilities or shaders the best thing to buy are bronze boxes since anything above has a higher roll rate given to epic gear. :suicide:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

my new fave intro is now

Atrocitus: I'm fueled BY RAGE
Aquaman: :rolleyes: What else is new, Atrocitus???? :rolleyes:
Atrocitus: DIE, FISHMAN

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I'm going to have to find a way to plug my PS4 directly into an ethernet port because this wireless connection ain't gonna cut it for ranked.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

DLC Inc posted:

my new fave intro is now

Harley: What level intellect am I?
Braniac: You are merely a 4th level.
Harley: Only 3 more places to first!

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

DLC Inc posted:

my new fave intro is now

Harley: What level intellect am I?
Braniac: You are merely a 4th level.
Harley: Only 3 more places to first!

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So as doctor fate in single player, black adam backs me into the corner. If I hold away, he tries to attack me, but there is literally nothing I can do that punished him? Anything I do, he will block and get a combo off on me, even though to me it looks like I should be able to punish him as he's just whiffed something? Even throws, he techs and then immediately combos me, even though I'm holding away? Is doctor fate just that slow that even my 1 is beaten by any special move or button that black adam has? Even if the computer is reading my inputs, how is it retrospectively giving itself armor?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

!Klams posted:

So as doctor fate in single player, black adam backs me into the corner. If I hold away, he tries to attack me, but there is literally nothing I can do that punished him? Anything I do, he will block and get a combo off on me, even though to me it looks like I should be able to punish him as he's just whiffed something? Even throws, he techs and then immediately combos me, even though I'm holding away? Is doctor fate just that slow that even my 1 is beaten by any special move or button that black adam has? Even if the computer is reading my inputs, how is it retrospectively giving itself armor?

usually the Ankh Blast is enough to give you breathing room, or the combo that puts Fate from the top of the screen down to stomp his head

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Working on getting Darkseid to level 20 and then I have like four fighters left to level up. I think I can do that today.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

DLC Inc posted:

usually the Ankh Blast is enough to give you breathing room, or the combo that puts Fate from the top of the screen down to stomp his head

Sorry, my question isn't how do I win, it's do I really have zero neutral footsies game here?

As in, it seems I have literally nothing that gets a hit in first against black adam just doing a combo at the first opportunity? Is that just the multiverse cheating, or is it really that bad?

Also, what's the deal with the doctor fate combo where instead of stomping from above he puts some harmless blue sigils around?

!Klams fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 4, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Working on getting Darkseid to level 20 and then I have like four fighters left to level up. I think I can do that today.

What are you doing to power level?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

What are you doing to power level?

Endless on the Battle Trainer multiverse. Single Fight and setting it up for just 1 round per fight is probably the fastest though, but Endless is a good mix of also picking up credits, boxes, and gear along the way. Plus you can use AI for that mode when you are feeling lazy or don't like the fighter you are leveling.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ooh, I hadn't thought of changing the round limit on Endless. Thanks!

WarEternal posted:

You know you can just highlight all the things you want to sell and do it all at once, right? It definitely doesn't take an hour unless you're somehow full up on every single character or something. Even then I don't think it'd be that long. Opening boxes is way more time consuming.

The most time consuming is definitely spending credits. You can only buy one box at a time, and then you have to open it too before you can buy another one. Very dumb.

Sure, but I want to, like, look at it all first before I dump it. Check what augmentations they have, how they look, whether they'd look good with each other, etc.

The dress-up portion of this game is fast becoming one of my favorite parts, which is why cleaning stuff out feels bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fix posted:

Ooh, I hadn't thought of changing the round limit on Endless. Thanks!

My bad, you can only do that for Single Fight.

I need to learn how to adjust the stats for AI fighters. As it is the stats are balanced across the board, but if you set it up for the strengths of each fighter you can do much better with the AI in multiverse.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Is there any reason why ranked matches aren't best 2 of 3, or even best 3 of 5? I like to run sets with people, but trying to find an opponent in Player Match is a slog. Lots of guys who instantly decline when the win odds are in my favor, lots of guys with sets of level 20 epic gear that refuse to turn on competitive mode, and lots of guys that play one and slam next opponent.

If anybody wants to play some sets, even if you're bad and learning, add me on PSN: Fenn_the_Fool

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I said come in! posted:

My bad, you can only do that for Single Fight.

I need to learn how to adjust the stats for AI fighters. As it is the stats are balanced across the board, but if you set it up for the strengths of each fighter you can do much better with the AI in multiverse.

You do that in the gear customization screen, though I forget exactly when to push what to get to it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fix posted:

You do that in the gear customization screen, though I forget exactly when to push what to get to it.

It's R1, I just am not smart enough to figure out where to distribute stats and what gear works best.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ah.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tom_Brady is unintentionally the funniest man in the FGC, but this video is very interesting. I had a suspicion that something fuckey was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2OfruISVgo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Is there any reason why ranked matches aren't best 2 of 3, or even best 3 of 5? I like to run sets with people, but trying to find an opponent in Player Match is a slog. Lots of guys who instantly decline when the win odds are in my favor, lots of guys with sets of level 20 epic gear that refuse to turn on competitive mode, and lots of guys that play one and slam next opponent.

If anybody wants to play some sets, even if you're bad and learning, add me on PSN: Fenn_the_Fool

The fighting game discord has an Injustice room that might help with this: #fighting-games on Goonsgarden Discord

I might be down for this in the future after I find another Ethernet cable because this is me as well

exquisite tea posted:

I'm going to have to find a way to plug my PS4 directly into an ethernet port because this wireless connection ain't gonna cut it for ranked.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I came across this Reddit thread that should help with setting up AI attributes https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6c56jb/injustice_pro_tip_100_win_rate_ai_loadout/?st=J2Y7WO3S&sh=b729d5a0 I am trying this out with Cheetah right now because she is the latest character I am leveling up now. On Endless it seems to be working very well.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
On the movelist, how do you determine what each character's invincible wake-up/reversal (if applicable to that character) move is? Or do you have to lose via trial and error until you figure it out?

Also, gently caress supergirl's teleport punch. Putting someone in the corner only to have them pull that poo poo is loving retarded.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

Also, gently caress supergirl's teleport punch. Putting someone in the corner only to have them pull that poo poo is loving retarded.

I remember playing MK 4 as a kid and my neighbor used Scorpion to hit me with it 250 times in a row and I couldn't do anything about it.

I still think about it when I have insomnia

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember playing MK 4 as a kid and my neighbor used Scorpion to hit me with it 250 times in a row and I couldn't do anything about it.

I still think about it when I have insomnia

That was different due to the block button, and you can get used to blocking supergirl's teleport punch, but the fact that it allows for quick and easy escape from corner pressure is loving retarded when I'm Bane and have to put her there while dealing with laserbalsts(which is not a problem). Also the fact that she can combo regular breath to EX breath is loving stupid as well. Still like her overall, but those were not great decisions.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

On the movelist, how do you determine what each character's invincible wake-up/reversal (if applicable to that character) move is? Or do you have to lose via trial and error until you figure it out?

If SG has no meter then her teleport can only hit high, which means any crouch will block it. If she MBs though then it hits overhead and bounces into her combo, which is pretty dirty not gonna lie. In either case it's extremely punishable if blocked. If you're playing a rushdown hero like Bane just keep running into SG and her teleport will whiff.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MrJacobs posted:

That was different due to the block button, and you can get used to blocking supergirl's teleport punch, but the fact that it allows for quick and easy escape from corner pressure is loving retarded when I'm Bane and have to put her there while dealing with laserbalsts(which is not a problem). Also the fact that she can combo regular breath to EX breath is loving stupid as well. Still like her overall, but those were not great decisions.

The teleport is very unsafe. If she does it you get a free combo and can put her right back in the corner.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

fadam posted:

Tom_Brady is unintentionally the funniest man in the FGC, but this video is very interesting. I had a suspicion that something fuckey was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2OfruISVgo

"LIKE A FREAKIN' TURTLE"

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the key to winning online just blocking and waiting for your opportunity

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Boiled down to the basest essence, yeah

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is the key to winning online just blocking and waiting for your opportunity

Yes, generally online people will just spam unsafe poo poo all day, even if you show them you will block and combo every single time they do it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I just spam omega beams and punish jumpins

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Norns posted:

I just spam omega beams and punish jumpins

my man!

I keep thinking Darkseids stomp is a throw, and getting punished accordingly. I have no idea why.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm playing injustice 1 right now and holy shot you may not realize it but I2 looks world apart graphically. I1 kinda looks and feels like a ps2 game. Crazy. I like the presentation a bit more I. i1 though seems more like a comic book.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like t looks so bad I'm thinking it's a PSVita port. Wow. Was PS3 that bad graphically?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Are you playing it on the PS4?

I remember getting IGUA at the PS4 launch and found it hilarious how the game looked so much better than the cutscenes

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah on PS4. It looks like a ps2 game now

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Good loving god Injustice 1 Joker is just uncomfortable to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/20323-catwoman-joins-injustice-gods-among-us-roster-trailer-shows-her-whip-and-cat-puns/#&gid=1&pid=1

Like look at that, and that's pre rendered compared to this:

https://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Catwoman.jpg

Maybe it's mostly lighting but I1 looks like a Vita game

• Locked thread