Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

They're not going to get a quality Dad, only used "whilst drinking beer" three times in their ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dead Reckoning posted:

What's the best place to get a free FICO score if your bank/credit card issuer doesn't offer it? Nerdwallet and Credit.com want me to sign up for their monthly monitoring and spam mail, which I really don't want to do.

Seems like I got one from USAA. I know Discover will show it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, I checked, and I don't have an account with a company that does this. One of the many reasons I'm angling for a new CC.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

what's wrong with credit karma again

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yeah, I checked, and I don't have an account with a company that does this. One of the many reasons I'm angling for a new CC.

Why aren't you with USAA?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

if only i was more fatherly :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just use credit karma if you're a dumbass who doesn't have USAA.

TBeats posted:

I have credit score monitoring through USAA and Capital One and both show my credit score as ~40 points higher then it actually is.

There's 3 different agencies that all calculate credit scores differently and you don't get to choose which one the person running your credit uses. I think USAA uses Equifax. There's not really such a thing as a correct credit score.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 4, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Credit karma seems to update a lot more frequently than USAA does for me.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Discover shows my score on my monthly statement

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Also if you see an anonymous edit on your post that was probably me, the awful app keeps turning quote into edit for some reason. It's annoying so I'm not using it any more.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fast and Furious 8 has a fun scene where The Rock leads a girls soccer team in a haka before the game starts.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Woof Blitzer posted:

Also if you see an anonymous edit on your post that was probably me, the awful app keeps turning quote into edit for some reason. It's annoying so I'm not using it any more.

SALR does the same thing tbh and the edit button is right where I want to click to quote, and it sucks.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

cowboy elvis posted:

Fast and Furious 8 has a fun scene where The Rock leads a girls soccer team in a haka before the game starts.

Yea it has this fun scene and then no other fun scenes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

wait it wasn't just dumb f&f stuff we've all come to love

Thought last movie might be it but they're also literally printing money so yeah 🤷🏽‍♀️

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Time to wind down.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Olympia is the better beer.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rainier/Oly/Genessee/PBR/Rolling Rock is poo poo, Oly/Genessee/Rolling Rock/PBR/Rainier is much better!

-a retard with strong opinions on $1 pisswater that's only meant to get you drunk

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
also dad level is at 11 on this dude

http://www.timescolonist.com/man-who-mowed-lawn-with-tornado-behind-him-says-he-was-keeping-an-eye-on-it-1.20394290

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

Time to wind down.

Here is what I know about that beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-WuLQz_ns

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm not a tornado expert but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

orange juche posted:

I'm not a tornado expert but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Were you startled awake by the sudden disappearance of your roof, or by the physical wall of sound followed by thirty tons of tree, cow, car, other guy's roof, other guy, and any other contents of the next town over?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I've never seen a tornado but I've listened to the sounds of an underwater volcano and had my boneheaded sonar supervisor have me track it as a submarine contact.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ded posted:

Here is what I know about that beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-WuLQz_ns

Thanks love it.

It's better than Coors Light and a 6pack of tall boys is under $7.

Super hoppy beer gives me the farts.

Bad.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

LingcodKilla posted:

I would have rented you my studio apartment for chump change but I think you were in the field at the time. I'm a one hour commute from JBLM though.

gently caress if you like to garden I would have saved the drat place instead of the love struck kittens I just rented the place to in May.

You're place is awesome but it really is too far, plus I'm in the field so much that I wouldn't be able to take care of it anyway. We're also probably deploying after NTC anyway.

I'll just have to wait and buy a house when I get out. Somewhere in the Seattle area depending on where I get a job, or go to grad school.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Use the free once a year govt sanctioned option that I'm too lazy to google, to check your credit score across all three reports. Don't use credit karma or any other bullshit with a whack tv commercial.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ded posted:

I've never seen a tornado

You really should have the experience at least once in your life.

Its one of those "I'll tell this story for the rest of my life" deals that set you up for peak dad.

"Hey.. I ever tell you about the time that tornado.."

"YES. Everyone here can recite it word for word."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

I've never seen a tornado but I've listened to the sounds of an underwater volcano and had my boneheaded sonar supervisor have me track it as a submarine contact.

Was it some sort of seismic anomaly or magma displacement according to SAPS?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Use the free once a year govt sanctioned option that I'm too lazy to google, to check your credit score across all three reports. Don't use credit karma or any other bullshit with a whack tv commercial.

I use annualcreditreport.com, but it has two issues: it doesn't show you your score, just the report, and the verification to get your report requires you to answer questions about... Your credit report, which is a problem if anything is wrong. I'm pretty sure Equifax has some bad data about me, but I need to snail mail them a copy of my ID to get it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

FastestGunAlive posted:

You don't get a FICO score for free with that, just the credit history and account information. But yes, you can do that once per year from each of the bureaus.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
On the subject of mowing lawns, I go nuts when I can't mow on Saturdays due to rain, but this dude takes that to a whole new level.

https://twitter.com/DavidNelsonNews/status/871343143597355008

I checked and that newspaper is Not The Canadian Onion.

quote:

Cecilia Wessels snapped the picture of her husband, Theunis, on Friday evening as the twister passed near their home in Three Hills.

She said cutting the grass was on her husband's to-do list, and as he started the task, she went for a nap.

Wessels said she was woken by her nine-year-old daughter who was upset that there was something like a tornado in the sky, but her father wouldn't come inside.

Theunis Wessels said the tornado was actually much further away than it appears in the photo, and that it was moving away from them.

I will never, ever be able to rise to that level of dad.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Deja vu as gently caress

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That dad goes to eleven.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

facialimpediment posted:

On the subject of mowing lawns, I go nuts when I can't mow on Saturdays due to rain, but this dude takes that to a whole new level.

https://twitter.com/DavidNelsonNews/status/871343143597355008

I checked and that newspaper is Not The Canadian Onion.

I will never, ever be able to rise to that level of dad.

Honorary Okie right there. That needs to be the wallpaper for the Weatherpocalpyse thread.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's a loving great picture. I've watched the rotating clouds circle right overhead, but I was for drat sure in the doorway of my shelter with one hand on the door.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You better believe that dad would properly store the lawn mower before seeking shelter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

he would check his maintenance schedule, and visually inspect the air filter, gas, and oil level before attaching his garden hose to get the grass clippings off and hang it up on the wall.

i mowed the lawn yesterday in the john deere. it took 2 hours. Takes me 6 with the push.

i felt like i had to go to confession afterwards

also, south african desert lawn game is strong as gently caress.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Goddamn you were push mowing a 6hr lawn

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Goddamn you were push mowing a 6hr lawn

idk man i like mowing

i'd usually stretch it out over two days but i've done the all-in-one more than once

i take a lot a breaks and drink water and poo poo and lot of times my wife's asking me to move bags of soil or help her plan out her garden so im not trying to say that im autistic sperglord mowing bc thats dishonest, it's just what im doing when not actively engaged in other stuff around the yard at the time. it gets done eventually.

it's a good 2 acres, mostly flat but i've got a woodpile with cover, firepit, various kid toys and patio furniture that i go around.

realtalk can anyone recommend a good weed whacker that runs on battery? my wife hates using the 2-stroke i have (and i do too) and if i could find a good lightweight one for her birthday she'd be happy

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 4, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

he would check his maintenance schedule, and visually inspect the air filter, gas, and oil level before attaching his garden hose to get the grass clippings off and hang it up on the wall.

i mowed the lawn yesterday in the john deere. it took 2 hours. Takes me 6 with the push.

i felt like i had to go to confession afterwards

also, south african desert lawn game is strong as gently caress.

Did you do the edge work too? Inquiring minds want to know, also did you order the brush yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

Did you do the edge work too? Inquiring minds want to know, also did you order the brush yet?

not yet. started raining yesterday and been threatening to all day today

brush will come eventually, it's like $80 and i'm not trying to spend any more cash on myself than i have to on anything right now before the baby comes

• Locked thread