Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Gumi pls, Gimme Amazon Prime

I BELIEVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
If I can't have Lenneth, you people can't have Riesz. HARUMPH. :colbert:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I'll repost this later...

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 6, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
There will be some sort of anniversary event, I'm sure.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
6 Golds off the Wilhelm banner and none of them Grace. This is the Type-0 banner with King all over again.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dana Crysalis posted:

There will be some sort of anniversary event, I'm sure.

Yeah, Moogle's floating out there in the unreleased pool, plus some anniversary banners will pad things out another week or two.

The same guys who are datamining Exvius are the same ones who datamine Warcraft for MMO Champ, so we'll know soon enough.

Edit: While I'm at it with the gifs, have some Kelsus:

Added the gifs for Mana crossovers to the previous post about Mana, if you want to see them.

Varance fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 4, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm digging this event. I don't have what it takes to clear ELT without a strong friend yet, but it's definitely making more sense now that I have Mystic Thrust/Chaos Wave chaining more in hand. Got Wilhelm to 100 and he's a total monster, just a brick wall that enemies slam into.

Next up is Y'shtola. I kind of think I should have gone with Minfilia first since Refia does a decent enough job, but oh well, having a badass white mage that can do the work should definitely up my team. I'll just have her ready for when we get a new farming event, since I need a lot of Rainbow Blooms.

The only real weak link in my team is Rain and he's honestly not that bad for how flexible he is. Certainly wouldn't mind a better breaker, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 4, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sort of screwed breaking wise because we just dont have any good, accessible 6* breakers outside of Rain who is made out of loving tissue paper and has a habit of getting his head smashed in by Titan whenenver he decided Cecil or Orlandue are in dire need of rescuing.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Where do I get calamity writs & gems and faeries' writs right now?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Sort of screwed breaking wise because we just dont have any good, accessible 6* breakers outside of Rain who is made out of loving tissue paper and has a habit of getting his head smashed in by Titan whenenver he decided Cecil or Orlandue are in dire need of rescuing.

I guess there's Vaan and WoL... whenever that happens.

Also, for a 3* character Abel sure doesn't want to drop for me, I'm saving my 11-pull and 4* ticket for Tidus and Riki's banner...

Candlelight Virgil posted:

They are not readily accessible, but you have 3 options.

1. The best time to get them is during a King Mog event and the week after, where you can get as many as you can afford with the event currency (currently Blue Phantoma.)

2. Some explorations, like the current Empire of Light and Dark, have them on the maps, but once you've gotten them, they do not resplendent.

3. If you get enough points in the Titan raid, you can get a couple when you hit certain thresholds, look and see the totals for yourself.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 4, 2017

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Outside of what Rainbow said, the gimmick is that they only come from events and character-specific bundles. They sometimes show up individually as the daily deal in the bundles, in the section that's purchased with gil.

Beyond that, you need to wait for another event. Even if you pick up mats from the character-specific bundles (like the Wilhelm bundle), there's pretty much a hard cap on how many people can be ascended to 6* at once.

(I'm right there with you, right now I'm hurting for Blooms for Minfilia. Should've splashed a little more during Judecca for mats.)

Speaking of, I'm actually at a bit of a crossroads: who should I try to make into a tank-of-the-moment, WoL or Charlotte?

I haven't managed to pull a Cecil or Snow, and lol pulling Wilhelm, so those two are my options and right now I definitely feel like I could use the help for something like ELT Titan. I know 6* WoL is a god, but... when are we getting him? ARE we getting him? :iiam:

So with those two my options, I think Charlotte slightly edges out? Am I missing someone, potentially?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I wasn't really disappointed we don't have a 6* full breaker other than Rain because we had the craftable individual breaks, but I realized those are only 15% which is basically worthless considering even Full Break only being 30% is seen as less than optimal most of the time.

Really though, not having Ling in the gacha is just killer because she has the best breaks on top of amazing party refresh/revive. I don't remember seeing her as an option on the last player's choice vote so the best we can do is cross our fingers and hope she shows up during the anniversary.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

PaybackJack posted:

I wasn't really disappointed we don't have a 6* full breaker other than Rain because we had the craftable individual breaks, but I realized those are only 15% which is basically worthless considering even Full Break only being 30% is seen as less than optimal most of the time.

Really though, not having Ling in the gacha is just killer because she has the best breaks on top of amazing party refresh/revive. I don't remember seeing her as an option on the last player's choice vote so the best we can do is cross our fingers and hope she shows up during the anniversary.

For what it's worth, I expect everything short of maybe the Christmas units to be available during the anniversary. Events like that are usually when you put everything on the table for folks to what the gently caress out on. I will be gobsmacked if a character as popular, on multiple levels, as Ling is not available.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daily gave me Gold! :unsmith: It was Vanille #6. :smith:

Titan gave me Y'shtola #2, though, so I guess it all evens out. :downs:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Yay, high enough monthly arena rank to get a 10% moogle, which got fed into Aileen to try and get her useful faster.

Current non-event TMs completed:
Dual wield

Currently cooking:
Excalibur #1(55%) - For Noctis to replace his durandal.
Artisan(58%) - Obviously for Aileen herself
Quick Assault(20%) - For Aileen
Bracer(10%) - Aileen
Dual Wield #2 - To give Noctis back his real dual wield instead of his downgrade to second knife

Where do I want to go from here? Top options with characters I have from what I know:
Quick Assault #2
Bowie Knife
Dual Wield #3
Champion's Belt
Ribbon
Dark Knight's Soul
Blade Mastery

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 4, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

SpaceDrake posted:

For what it's worth, I expect everything short of maybe the Christmas units to be available during the anniversary. Events like that are usually when you put everything on the table for folks to what the gently caress out on. I will be gobsmacked if a character as popular, on multiple levels, as Ling is not available.

Ling was a holiday unit, I don't expect any holiday units to be on a poll. This is why I hate Ling.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

Where do I want to go from here? Top options with characters I have from what I know:
Quick Assault #2
Bowie Knife
Dual Wield #3
Champion's Belt
Ribbon
Dark Knight's Soul
Blade Mastery

Aileen and Noctis can both use katanas, so prioritize that.

Ribbon is awesome. Then probably Quick Assault 2 unless you can get 1-2 +30%hp or Hill Digger

Varance posted:

Crossover Stuff

Seria back on the roster? Her TM is rather nice.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Alright so Titan Trial is being a huge piece of poo poo to me. Do his tumults just do more damage after you break his hear or what? I've got him fully broken, my buffs fully up, and then here he comes with 6x tumults that suddenly do 1000+ damage instead of 600+.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mile'ionaha posted:

Aileen and Noctis can both use katanas, so prioritize that.

Ribbon is awesome. Then probably Quick Assault 2 unless you can get 1-2 +30%hp or Hill Digger

Seria back on the roster? Her TM is rather nice.

Yep, she'll probably be in the pool when the event rolls around.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hustled my way through the Titan rewards and had just enough of the 1% moogles to finish Zidane's TM. Dual Wield loving get. :getin:

So what's the deal with this? Just slap two strong weapons on my best hitter and go to town? I threw a Crimson Blood and a Gungnir on Reberta and I'm hoping that'll be suitable. Either that or throw it on Trance Terra and dual Draco Spike, I guess?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Echophonic posted:

Hustled my way through the Titan rewards and had just enough of the 1% moogles to finish Zidane's TM. Dual Wield loving get. :getin:

So what's the deal with this? Just slap two strong weapons on my best hitter and go to town? I threw a Crimson Blood and a Gungnir on Reberta and I'm hoping that'll be suitable. Either that or throw it on Trance Terra and dual Draco Spike, I guess?

First of all, I am jealous. :mad:

Second of all... not quite. While that'll do for now, just because double weapons will give you double attacks on your normal and a lot of your specials, the True Baller Ideal is that you equip two different weapons that can trigger two different 50% ATK boosts to shoot your ATK into the stratosphere. That's where the true Dark Souls begins and where these 800-900 ATK Orlandeaus come from.

The best idea for Reberta, AFAIK, is to get Dark Knight Soul off of FF2's Leon and then have her main hand a lance and off hand a 1H sword of some kind, like the Enhancer. This triggers Pike Mastery in her kit, she wears heavy armor so that gets the 20% from DKS, and the sword gets the remaining 30. Pair with the 30% ATK from Greg and whatever other +ATK you can lay hands on, and you're in business.

If you know you'll be specifically paired with an Orlandeau, it can also pay to mainhand the Holy Lance - it'll deal Holy damage and Divine Ruination makes things Holy vulnerable, so outside of specific critter type vulns it's as good or better than big stat sticks like Crimson Blood.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
decided to throw tickets at the current banner. Up to three until I get a bad pull.

Ticket #1 - a second Abel! Duel Wield dagger is cool
Ticket #2 - Jean, okay I guess
Ticket #3 - came down blue.. turned gold.. turned Rainbow! Oh poo poo! Oh....

ahhahahahahaah :suicide: I have him already and magic users are way behind the curve.

What a TROLL. Might as well pulled Delita :mad:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Armitage posted:

decided to throw tickets at the current banner. Up to three until I get a bad pull.

Ticket #1 - a second Abel! Duel Wield dagger is cool
Ticket #2 - Jean, okay I guess
Ticket #3 - came down blue.. turned gold.. turned Rainbow! Oh poo poo! Oh....

ahhahahahahaah :suicide: I have him already and magic users are way behind the curve.

Ummmm you can dual wield his TM...it's the best mage item in the game.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cartoon Man posted:

Ummmm you can dual wield his TM...it's the best mage item in the game.

Yeah, I know, with a dual wield Malice and some MAG +30%s he would be fantastic to use. The problem is magic users really seem to be lacking compared to physical units.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Armitage posted:

I just pulled Wilhelm, but I 100% identify with those Second Emperor feels.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

CyberLord XP posted:

Alright so Titan Trial is being a huge piece of poo poo to me. Do his tumults just do more damage after you break his hear or what? I've got him fully broken, my buffs fully up, and then here he comes with 6x tumults that suddenly do 1000+ damage instead of 600+.

Yes They do get stronger.
First Values are before 60% and the second number is after core is destroyed.

Weight of the Land: Magic damage (2.5x or 5x) to one enemy
Tumult: Physical damage (2.3x or 3.5x) to all enemies
Rock / Mountain Buster: Physical damage (2.5x or 5x) to one enemy

Advice would be to make sure you keep Titan himself, and not his Core, ATK broken during the transition. And don't forget about guarding if someone can't be topped off or your friend unit has Cover on his Golem esper.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
hi, is this team good? im f2p btw

i am undeserving and lucky as poo poo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Niton posted:

hi, is this team good? im f2p btw

i am undeserving and lucky as poo poo

Needs more

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

finally finished that doublehand today on account of having nothing to spend my energy on and this raid raining moogles on us and arena moogle. hooray breaking 1k on olive!

next is the five hayate team getting ready for a black cowl, and then i dont know how much i care about monster breastplate or who even knows what to do next

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

finally finished that doublehand today on account of having nothing to spend my energy on and this raid raining moogles on us and arena moogle. hooray breaking 1k on olive!

next is the five hayate team getting ready for a black cowl, and then i dont know how much i care about monster breastplate or who even knows what to do next

Monster breastplate goes on Olive, especially if you don't have a Ramza for brave suit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually do have a ramza for brave suit. i only have two lawrence anyway so i can slap three whole other people onto my tm team for a change. maybe genji glove 2x monster breastplate and 2x shines tm.

edit: with monster breastplate and two of shines tm i think that more or less puts me at bis? i only have two shine but i have another attack+30%, and ifrits claw isnt appreciably worse than bracer. 5% hp, meh.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 5, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

SpaceDrake posted:

First of all, I am jealous. :mad:

Second of all... not quite. While that'll do for now, just because double weapons will give you double attacks on your normal and a lot of your specials, the True Baller Ideal is that you equip two different weapons that can trigger two different 50% ATK boosts to shoot your ATK into the stratosphere. That's where the true Dark Souls begins and where these 800-900 ATK Orlandeaus come from.

The best idea for Reberta, AFAIK, is to get Dark Knight Soul off of FF2's Leon and then have her main hand a lance and off hand a 1H sword of some kind, like the Enhancer. This triggers Pike Mastery in her kit, she wears heavy armor so that gets the 20% from DKS, and the sword gets the remaining 30. Pair with the 30% ATK from Greg and whatever other +ATK you can lay hands on, and you're in business.

If you know you'll be specifically paired with an Orlandeau, it can also pay to mainhand the Holy Lance - it'll deal Holy damage and Divine Ruination makes things Holy vulnerable, so outside of specific critter type vulns it's as good or better than big stat sticks like Crimson Blood.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks. I guess for now I could lean on her own reduction, maybe throw a Flame Lance on and do Fire Breath->Mystic Thrust. It'll be a while before I get a Holy Lance and probably a decent chunk of time before Dark Knight's soul. I was trying to pick my next TM and I was looking at Dualcast from either Ludmille or TTerra, but Dark Knight's Soul would fit really well on a lot of characters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I've come to accept the fact that I will never be able to complete March On Titan ELT. No matter what I do, I get dead. PRO Farming is my life for this raid.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Tipme posted:

Yes They do get stronger.
First Values are before 60% and the second number is after core is destroyed.

Weight of the Land: Magic damage (2.5x or 5x) to one enemy
Tumult: Physical damage (2.3x or 3.5x) to all enemies
Rock / Mountain Buster: Physical damage (2.5x or 5x) to one enemy

Advice would be to make sure you keep Titan himself, and not his Core, ATK broken during the transition. And don't forget about guarding if someone can't be topped off or your friend unit has Cover on his Golem esper.

Yeah I've run this into the dirt and I just don't have the staying power for it which is some bullshit. Even with Orlandeu's breaks, Sakura's defensive barrier and focus/embloden up I'm still getting 5k+ damage done. If I make my people any beefier I lose the DPS race. Just gonna write this one off since wind up Titan isn't too amazing. It's a shame though since this is the first limited time trial I haven't been able to handle.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm almost done with almost all of my offensive TMs and think I'll be moving onto the SPR ones next . I already have a Vanille and have a couple of Refias I can put through. Anybody else come to mind?

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Couple of things.

On Reddit, some are saying Gumi is IP banning people who are doing lots of rerolls, probably to stop raid botting.

Second, Emperor is awesome. We've had two events recently (Wilhelm just now), where a boss was physical resistant and Emperor boosting Fire From Below has been a godsend.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
what's your team

edit: the guy who can't beat elt titan

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Guy Farting posted:

what's your team

edit: the guy who can't beat elt titan

52 5* Cecil w/Gigantaxe, Large Shield, Barbut, Reflect Mail, Mythril Gloves, and Muscle Belt
100 6* Rain w/Mighty Hammer, Ice Shield, Twist Headband, Ruby Breastplate, Mythril Gloves, and Headband
44 5* Trance Terra w/Orichalcum, Mythril Buckler, Bandana, Mage's Habit, Silver Armlet, and Cat's Bell
100 6* Noctis w/ Gungnir, Flame Shield, Green Beret, Brigandine, Power Wrist, and Hyper Wrist
38 5* Y'shtola w/Cherry Staff, Mythril Buckler, Twist Headband, Black Belt Gi, Charm Bangle, and Cat's Bell

That's the best gear I have, and my TMRs are HP, MP, and Attack Boosts.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Ratmtattat posted:

I'm almost done with almost all of my offensive TMs and think I'll be moving onto the SPR ones next . I already have a Vanille and have a couple of Refias I can put through. Anybody else come to mind?

grace, luka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty

Kheldarn posted:

52 5* Cecil w/Gigantaxe, Large Shield, Barbut, Reflect Mail, Mythril Gloves, and Muscle Belt
100 6* Rain w/Mighty Hammer, Ice Shield, Twist Headband, Ruby Breastplate, Mythril Gloves, and Headband
44 5* Trance Terra w/Orichalcum, Mythril Buckler, Bandana, Mage's Habit, Silver Armlet, and Cat's Bell
100 6* Noctis w/ Gungnir, Flame Shield, Green Beret, Brigandine, Power Wrist, and Hyper Wrist
38 5* Y'shtola w/Cherry Staff, Mythril Buckler, Twist Headband, Black Belt Gi, Charm Bangle, and Cat's Bell

That's the best gear I have, and my TMRs are HP, MP, and Attack Boosts.

i feel like you should get enough cactuars to max everyone by the end of the event and it'll be much easier

• Locked thread