Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

i mean i kind of agree, don't expect a comic book movie to teach your child things, stop letting your kids watch youtube and twitch streams all day and loving TEACH them something REAL if you actually care about the next generation

movie corps only care about your money and will only pretend they care to get it.

At the same time, representation is important, and little girls having popular media icons to look up to is a valuable thing.

Like, it's dumb and consumerist, but that's the society we live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
sure, but imo expressing doubt about representation's effects shouldn't be treason and i can see where their coming from

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

khwarezm posted:

If Wonder Woman ends up being the one and only quality thing that comes out of the DCCU its the best of both worlds since you get a good movie, dumb execs won't have an excuse to go 'Guess action movies with women in the lead role just don't work!' again and Justice League will be out soon enough and that will return course back to comical train wrecks we can mock while the entire DC universe melts before our eyes.

:coolfish:

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't know how familiar you are with the old TV series, but season 1 was basically this movie except it was set during WW2.

That is hilarious and awesome.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The ending of the Wonder Woman episode is like a love letter to this thread. It's amazing.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

"I'd eat her rear end in a top hat after she poo poo."

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Close the loving door!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwd13fdczmU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
RIP in peace Rich Evans.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i have a prediction about the future of the plinkett wedding plotline

its going to be MIKE who gets gay married and GAY hosed in the rear end

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Jay didn't need to eat the cake. He doesn't need any more gay pheromones.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe the return of the rape bot?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Props for showing Wolverine Jay, that's always good for a laugh.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Renowned English actor Galph Feromonnes.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Hemingway To Go! posted:

they listed hillary clinton too, who did a poo poo job of getting elected hay-o

Hell yeah.

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

huh. well, these guys waded into the realm of political film criticism and didn't embarrass themselves (too much). impressed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guess it's time to repost this since they actually made a good movie.

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

also, they're really gonna do that aqua man movie, huh?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CAN U FEEL IT YEAH posted:

also, they're really gonna do that aqua man movie, huh?

I'm sad that it won't be as good as the fictional Aquaman movie in Entourage.

E: VVV Hell yea, the ATHF movie owned.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 5, 2017

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

WampaLord posted:

I'm sad that it won't be as good as the fictional Aquaman movie in Entourage.

i'd rather have another aqua teen movie than another aqua man

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Have I got a religion for you!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hop RLM starts courting more political controversy. Halfway through the next BotW Rich Evans just stares at the camera and says "Menachem Begin was a terrorist"

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Hot new Jack takes:

1) WW was great, but Logan was less deep than expected. It was simplistic and Logan had no character arc
2) If you pirate and ad-block, you could be hurting the platform (ie. Youtube) as well as the creator

Won't someone think of Google?! :qq:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, I wasn't expecting Mike to spend five minutes of the Thor 3 review talking about his support for the Gülen movement

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Lavender posted:

2) If you pirate and ad-block, you could be hurting the platform (ie. Youtube) as well as the creator

Won't someone think of Google?! :qq:

Jesus Christ, Jack, y'all are pulling in $10k/month from Patreon, is the ad money really that much better where you have to keep bitching about it?

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Jay's idea of gay attraction is to fan himself like a flustered extra from Gone with the Wind.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

WampaLord posted:

Jesus Christ, Jack, y'all are pulling in $10k/month from Patreon, is the ad money really that much better where you have to keep bitching about it?

I'm no streaming/youtube expert; but I always felt like the golden goose was "Views". Like if your estimation of success is based on getting paid directly by each viewer, it feels like you're missing the point a bit? But maybe the demographics are changing. Maybe it all went from 'my content is all free and I'm glad for the free distribution' - to - 'I can spend more of my time doing this for you if you contribute' -to- 'entrance is 5 bux rear end in a top hat'.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I don't know why Jack's ad views are such a big deal for you guys. He makes content and puts it up on youtube, what do you honestly expect him to say? That he loves a potential source of income to be undercut?

Its not a bad point he makes, if you aren't contributing to Patreon or buying gallons of his semen off of the RLM store its a tiny little thing to do to just watch the ad so they can get a bit back on their content.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 5, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Space Taxi posted:

Jay's idea of gay attraction is to fan himself like a flustered extra from Gone with the Wind.

tbf i do this all the loving time

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

khwarezm posted:

I don't know why Jack's ad views are such a big deal for you guys. He makes content and puts it up on youtube, what do you honestly expect him to say? That he loves a potential source of income to be undercut?

He could simply stop bitching about ad block. Like, he could just say nothing.

I'm currently unemployed, I'm not going to be sad about Jack not making even more loving money.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

WampaLord posted:

He could simply stop bitching about ad block. Like, he could just say nothing.

I'm currently unemployed, I'm not going to be sad about Jack not making even more loving money.

I'm sure he's rolling in the green dude, especially from that sweet and stable wedding editing moolah :rolleyes:.

Last time I saw him talk about it on stream was when somebody specifically asked him and Rich about it. Again, what else do you think he's going to say?

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 5, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm glad jay turning people gay with his sexy post-hobbit look is canon now.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Guess it's time to repost this since they actually made a good movie.

Thank you!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wow, I wasn't expecting Mike to spend five minutes of the Thor 3 review talking about his support for the Gülen movement

Yeah he's a loving traitor. Thank god Jay stands for justice and development.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope that the ending twist is that the gay pheromones were inside them the whole time

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
I assume gay pheromones come out the butt. Like a sexy fart.

naem
May 29, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

I'm glad jay turning people gay with his sexy post-hobbit look is canon now.

I believe jay prefers the term trans-hobbit

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope they do either a Space Balls re:view or commentary track one day.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Glad RLM finally put some of Glistening Hodors fanfiction on the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

I hope they do either a Space Balls re:view or commentary track one day.

Yeah me too so they can let everyone know it doesn't hold up and actually sucks poo poo. People need to know.

• Locked thread