Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
ANYWAY.

This movie was good. I do think the third act has a couple of problems, mostly structural, and it's kind of a shame that Etta Candy doesn't do anything in the story. But it's pretty drat good. (I suspect this also had a few cuts for time since it's drat long as is, and some of the characters may have been fleshed out more, but that's for the Blu Ray I suppose.)

Gal Gadot gives a fine performance, I think they managed to handle the "fish out of water" stuff in a way that doesn't make her look stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The Donner Superman sucks Lois Lane's memories out through a kiss and beats up mortal bullies in a petty act of vengeance.

That's Lester's Superman.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

But that's the thing- if that's the conflict, then it's completely unresolved. Superman does not defeat capitalism in BvS, and he likely never will as long as WB wants to make superhero movies- but then, neither does the film say he CAN'T destroy the corrupt world order, he just gets sidetracked saving everyone from a giant alien monster.

True, it's unresolved. But it's a franchise, and to me it's the more interesting ongoing problem, that's worth some difficulty in resolving, than the buildup to some big bad (though ideally they'll both be interrelated with Superman's inevitable resurrection). If we get through his resurrection in Justice League and, more importantly, Man of Steel 2 without it going somewhere I'll be disappointed then.

DC Murderverse posted:

Interestingly, the MCU has stayed away from that particular trope, probably for the benefit of everyone who was sick of it.

It's kinda the plot of Thor 2, and you see some of it in Iron Man 3 with Tony's suits taking over his life.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 5, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Maxwell Lord posted:

Has he really changed the world, though? Like in the context of the DC movies, for the "present day" to be recognizable, it's still going to be a capitalist-dominated world with corrupt billionaires and dysfunctional governments and international terrorism and all that. Throughout BvS he's still mostly doing "rescue" operations, saving people from bad things that have happened, which is good, but he's not shaking the fundamental pillars of power. Even Luthor is just one guy, when he's put in jail at the end that's not the end of Silicon Valley douchebags.

Hes changed the world by making himself known as a dude who is an alien god, who cares about humanity. He changed the world by saving all of humanity from being murdered, probably twice. Like, he's not going to put the world into a bottle or anything or become a dictator, what are you thinking he should do to change the world, carve out his own country, Supermanistan, and lead by example?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Sir Kodiak posted:

True, it's unresolved. But it's a franchise, and to me it's the more interesting ongoing problem, that's worth some difficulty in resolving, than the buildup to some big bad (though ideally they'll be interrelated with Superman's inevitable resurrection). If we get through his resurrection in Justice League and, more importantly, Man of Steel 2 without it going somewhere I'll be disappointed then.

Well, I mean, if we take the end point of what we all want is the destruction of the capitalist order and the abolition of want and poverty worldwide... I mean it's POSSIBLE they could get away with that but I'm not convinced that's the direction the DCCU is going.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

“Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"

A cold voice answered: 'Come not between the Nazgűl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."

A sword rang as it was drawn. "Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."

"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"

Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel. "But no living man am I! You are looking upon a woman. Eowyn am I, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him."
The winged creature screamed at her, but then the Ringwraith was silent, as if in sudden doubt. Very amazement for a moment conquered Merry's fear. He opened his eyes and the blackness was lifted from them. There some paces from him sat the great beast, and all seemed dark about it, and above it loomed the Nazgul Lord like a shadow of despair. A little to the left facing them stood whom he had called Dernhelm. But the helm of her secrecy had fallen from her, and and her bright hair, released from its bonds, gleamed with pale gold upon her shoulders. Her eyes grey as the sea were hard and fell, and yet tears gleamed in them. A sword was in her hand, and she raised her shield against the horror of her enemy's eyes.”
― a hack

That was written in 1954. Expectations change.

Also, yeah, Tolkien was kind of a lovely writer.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well, I mean, if we take the end point of what we all want is the destruction of the capitalist order and the abolition of want and poverty worldwide... I mean it's POSSIBLE they could get away with that but I'm not convinced that's the direction the DCCU is going.

What if Man of Steel... was a benevolent dictator?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Tell thee, Macduff was from his mother's womb untimely ripp'd.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I don't disagree, I'm just not willing to condemn it until it happens. Well, what I would say is that I do think that's the direction the DCCU is going if we just look at the movies, but I'd agree I don't necessarily expect WB to actually have it happen. Particularly if Snyder completely leaves the franchise, though I could see George Miller successfully picking up the ball as far as that goes.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Ape Agitator posted:

All that works fine in the context of the finale but it's a dark film for plenty of reason before the ending conflict. And you can have a sincere film that is dark just like you can make one realistic and grounded that is also dark. I'm just saying that given any opportunity to present a scenario common to the Superman or superhero film genre, they chose a dark one. Every interaction is one of violence, from where ship computers try and kill people and require destruction before having a conversation, where the joy of flight is about destroying mountain tops. If you have to remove the fathers from Superman, it can't be in the death of their planet but from being stabbed or forcing a wife and child to witness it while being fully able to stop it. The idea that he can hide his secret is demonstrated by cowering before bullies he could easily defeat. But then you have to drive the notion to it's absolute absurd extreme by killing his dad who makes him watch his dad demonstrate heroism in a version of "do as I say, not as I do". And you get the threaten Martha thing in both movies.
The idea that Snyder attached brutality to these ostensibly-bloodless story events as a matter of course is a really good way of describing the MoS phenomenon that I hadn't quite thought of before.

I think I'd draw the line at the "destroying mountain tops" part somehow indicating the film's propensity for darkness and cynicism, though. In complete seriousness: no one cares about some rando mountain in Antarctica. Clark loving up some arbitrary landscapes as he tests his flight for the first time doesn't really come across as "violence" to me as it does "inexperience," especially when it's sandwiched between the rest of that uplifting scene. Also, it was kinda funny.

Now, if he were testing his powers in a rural area, that'd be a different story.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Maxwell Lord posted:

ironically, looking at the opening Krypton scene today, it very much looks like Jor-El was a leftist Kryptonian scientist who was right about everything (re: climate change and alternative energy), and Zod was basically Krypton Richard Spencer, and both of them hated the government for being useless but Jor-El wouldn't work with Zod because of his weird fascination with bloodlines and purity.

Unfortunately, the Syfy series Krypton will probably not explore that very fertile story base for their show because it is written by David Goyer, who one can definitely surmise is probably not the biggest fan of leftist politics.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Steve Yun posted:

That's Lester's Superman.

Oh, sorry, you're right! I should have collectively referred to them by Reeve instead, I guess. :v:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

I think I'd draw the line at the "destroying mountain tops" part somehow indicating the film's propensity for darkness and cynicism, though. In complete seriousness: no one cares about some rando mountain in Antarctica. Clark loving up some arbitrary landscapes as he tests his flight for the first time doesn't really come across as "violence" to me as it does "inexperience," especially when it's sandwiched between the rest of that uplifting scene. Also, it was kinda funny.

It's a symptom of this whole sickness though. We've seen what we think is decay beneath the surface so now we have to dig to find every possible trace of it. But no it's the movie's fault that we're all of a sudden worried about mountains being damage or gazelles being startled :rolleyes:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Snowman_McK posted:

That was written in 1954. Expectations change.

Also, yeah, Tolkien was kind of a lovely writer.

Whoa whoa whoa. Part of what made that line great in 1954 was that there was a twist after that twist.

You thought that the prophecy twist was that Eowyn wasn't a man, she was a woman, but then Merry jumps into the battle and stabs the Witch King's knee, which lets Eowyn kill him. Merry was also not a man according to the prophecy, Merry was a hobbit.

This is something that appeared to fly over the film screenwriters' heads as well.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Steve Yun posted:

Whoa whoa whoa. Part of what made that line great in 1954 was that there was a twist after that twist.

You thought that the prophecy twist was that Eowyn wasn't a man, she was a woman, but then Merry jumps into the battle and stabs the Witch King's knee, which lets Eowyn kill him. Merry was also not a man according to the prophecy, Merry was a hobbit.

This is something that appeared to fly over the film screenwriters' heads as well.

Uh, the sequence of events in the movie is:

Eowyn stands between Witch-King and Theoden.
Eowyn chops off the dwimmerlaik's head.
Eowyn duels the Witch-King.
The Witch-King smashes her shield and knocks her to the ground.
The Witch-King does the "no man" speech while holding her up by the throat.
Merry STABS THE WITCH-KING.
Witch-King drops Eowyn.
Eowyn does her "I am no man" bit.
Eowyn kills the Witch-King.

I don't think it flew over the screenwriters' heads. Well, other than that they didn't make a big deal out of there being a prophecy at all.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Have you ever met someone who is sheltered and homeschooled? How weird and patchy their knowledge seems? She read the 12 books about loving but if the book about watches got dropped in the ocean accidently she just wouldn't know what a watch is.

Corrosion posted:

But I wasn't referencing a watch, I was referencing the fact that she asked about the concept of "time" in relation to "the watch." I actually think that in the third act of the film and parts of the first act, Diana's ignorance to the world is as you describe and even sort of endearing given the opening scene and Diana's admission about her past self.

Like, that line about "Where I come from, we call that slavery" sounds really dumb in the trailer, but in the context of the film it's actually quite insightful. Etta says as the audio drowns into the crowd that "I actually get paid rather well though." Or makes a reference to pay. I think Diana's naivete when it is conveyed clearly and effectively is what you're asking me, but we're not talking about a watch here, we're talking about an island of women that knows biology but the concept of "Time", its passage, the notion of it, somehow that isn't there. Sure this is a gripe about motivation/naturalization, but Diana knows hundreds of languages, many of which my linguist friend pointed out were modern. That would mean there's a swiss cheese of knowledge going on. Sometimes I think that works, sometimes it makes the Themyscarians convey something not just antiquated about gods, but something about the intelligence of their culture.

Diana being sheltered works for me in some areas of the film and not in others. The third act was quite good at making this, in general, convey quite strongly. I think referencing Milton, even though that goes over some people's heads, was a good choice.

Yeah I agree on the swiss cheese thing. Using a device to keep track of time throughout the day and being told where to go and what to do by superiors/employees have been part of most civilizations for tens of thousands of years, it's genuinely odd that these concepts were somehow foreign to Diana. Especially since she lives in a martial society which is also a dynastic monarchy where pretty much everyone she'd ever known would have been giving orders or taking orders. The ancient Greeks were also pretty good at keeping time and had several different types of timepieces including water clocks and even alarm clocks, it isn't a modern concept by any stretch.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I absolutely don't think you were meant to take her not knowing about "time" to mean some beep boop literal thing where she literally didn't know what time is. Go read about like when railroads came with railway clocks in like 1850. It's an unthinkable thing today but people had protests at the idea. People got religious about it, claiming it was against god. That there was a century you just set your clock as solar noon and everywhere had slightly different times and it was a helpful guide, not some standard everyone lived by. People got initially really freaked out at the idea of time keeping being a real thing people kept to instead of just a loose helpful estimate. Like it was a huge change to society when work started at 7:15 instead of "A bit past dawn". For a long time time was just "there is around 5 hours till sundown" not "it is 2:15 and 42 seconds".

What are you even talking about, that's not what the railway time protests were about. People were very familiar with the concept of keeping accurate time at that point, the people in the other cities were just pissed off about being made to change their local clocks to match the time as it was in London.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 5, 2017

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Isn't there both a comic book movie thread and a Batman v Superman thread for dudes to have pedantic arguments about Snyder and those movies in

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mandrel posted:

Isn't there both a comic book movie thread and a Batman v Superman thread for dudes to have pedantic arguments about Snyder and those movies in

it's not our fault that MoS is more interesting than any major blockbuster that's come out in the last 4 years

and also I think the BvS thread is gone

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!

DC Murderverse posted:

ironically, looking at the opening Krypton scene today, it very much looks like Jor-El was a leftist Kryptonian scientist who was right about everything (re: climate change and alternative energy), and Zod was basically Krypton Richard Spencer, and both of them hated the government for being useless but Jor-El wouldn't work with Zod because of his weird fascination with bloodlines and purity.
Well Zod is actually sympathetic, because he's no more obsessed with bloodlines and purity than the rest of Krypton. He was created to preserve a status quo that was destroying itself, and the fundamental absurdity of that drove him insane. By comparison, radicals like Spencer are just cheap charlatans.

I just saw Wonder Woman but will not have a lot to say about it until I read through the thread.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Uh, the sequence of events in the movie is:

Eowyn stands between Witch-King and Theoden.
Eowyn chops off the dwimmerlaik's head.
Eowyn duels the Witch-King.
The Witch-King smashes her shield and knocks her to the ground.
The Witch-King does the "no man" speech while holding her up by the throat.
Merry STABS THE WITCH-KING.
Witch-King drops Eowyn.
Eowyn does her "I am no man" bit.
Eowyn kills the Witch-King.

I don't think it flew over the screenwriters' heads. Well, other than that they didn't make a big deal out of there being a prophecy at all.

Yes I'm aware that Merry stabs the witch king in the movie, but they don't underline it the way they do with Eowyn.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Halloween Jack posted:

Well Zod is actually sympathetic, because he's no more obsessed with bloodlines and purity than the rest of Krypton. He was created to preserve a status quo that was destroying itself, and the fundamental absurdity of that drove him insane. By comparison, radicals like Spencer are just cheap charlatans.

I don't think he's sympathetic because of the former, but being created to be a military general specifically does probably gently caress with your head. Richard Spencer doesn't have a genetic excuse for being an rear end in a top hat.

Again, I'm sure we get very little of this in the Krypton series, which will probably be really lame between being on Syfy and being written by David Goyer.

Though, weirdly enough, Goyer wrote a Superman story about him renouncing his American citizenship that made conservatives super loving mad, so his politics are probably slightly more interesting than I give him credit for. On the other hand, he did still cowrite Dark Knight Rises, which is a muddled-rear end movie no matter how you look at it.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Well, Merry stabbed the thing with one of the magic Nazgul-killing blades they'd gotten out of the barrow two books previously. That scene didn't make it into the first movie, so it's understandable that they'd modify the followup in the third.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol you are a lunatic

This isn't the movie "tak(ing) the bleakest interpretation" of everything, you are doing that all on your own. Half the stuff you describe is so mundane it's not worth mentioning (like seriously, the bad guy threatening people??) and a bunch of other stuff is part of Superman's normal story (complaining about Krypton being destroyed? I hate to tell you what happens to Spider-Man's uncle)

Simply because something is "so mundane" that you ignore it, does not mean careful observers should ignore it.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah I agree on the swiss cheese thing. Using a device to keep track of time throughout the day and being told where to go and what to do by superiors/employees have been part of most civilizations for tens of thousands of years, it's genuinely odd that these concepts were somehow foreign to Diana. Especially since she lives in a martial society which is also a dynastic monarchy where pretty much everyone she'd ever known would have been giving orders or taking orders. The ancient Greeks were also pretty good at keeping time and had several different types of timepieces including water clocks and even alarm clocks, it isn't a modern concept by any stretch.

I've only seen the film once during a particularly poor theater experience, so I can't yet discuss the film as clearly as I'd like to, but I remember her being amazed not at the concept of timekeeping but at the notion of Steve carrying around a little device to tell him when to do things.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Toady posted:

I've only seen the film once during a particularly poor theater experience, so I can't yet discuss the film as clearly as I'd like to, but I remember her being amazed not at the concept of timekeeping but at the notion of Steve carrying around a little device to tell him when to do things.

She thought he was a sucker for letting a little device tell him when he should be doing something

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
it was a set up for another penis joke

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Judakel posted:

Simply because something is "so mundane" that you ignore it, does not mean careful observers should ignore it.

You're absolutely right, the movie actually is darker because superman breaks a chunk off a mountain :jerkbag:

Maybe Tony Stark had his robot butler buy the mountain off screen just before Supes wrecked it. That would make things better

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Was Chris Pine speaking in a goofy German accent supposed to represent him speaking German, or have we established that only Nazis actually speak German in movies?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I loving cried when Wonder Woman leapt from her trench and charged the land of no man. Nothing from superhero movies I've seen have captured the sense of heroism so acutely yet. Invulnerability is a big part of the recipe, you idiots.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Vegetable posted:

I loving cried when Wonder Woman leapt from her trench and charged the land of no man. Nothing from superhero movies I've seen have captured the sense of heroism so acutely yet. Invulnerability is a big part of the recipe, you idiots.

*in an extremely Darmok voice* Superman, Under the Gravity Beam

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
The thing I'm really going to miss in the debate over this film is people saying it was good or bad depending on how much merchandise is in their local department store. That was definitely one of the absolute weirdest features of arguing about movies online over the past couple years, but I don't think it will be part of this particular slapfight.

DC Murderverse posted:

Like it's going to take all of my willpower not to respond to everyone on the internet saying "finally, a good DCEU movie" with "i'm sorry you have bad taste".
Same.

teagone posted:

I'm trying so hard not to respond to Alisha Grauso on twitter (editor-at-large for Moviepilot, a site I sometimes write clickbait articles on for kicks) because she claims the worst parts of Wonder Woman had Zack Snyder's fingerprints all over them. I suppose she had her Snyder detector on at maximum to know exactly when and at which point in the movie that was influenced by Zack Snyder himself. I'm guessing it was all the slow motion bits.
The part that actually struck me as the most Snyderian was the third-act apocalyptic vision :spidey: where the bad guy is like "I'm literally the death drive of fascism :spidey:, isn't that great?"

Bacon Terrorist posted:

As far as I'm aware the only tanks in WW1 were tractors with ad hoc armour plating.
Tanks were definitely a thing in the later years of WWI, especially during the final push against German defenses where this movie takes place. Of course as someone else pointed out, what's actually anachronistic is the sustained trench warfare as the Germans were literally on the run at that point.

Bar Crow posted:

Did they change World War 2 to 1 to appease the nazi demographic?
Using Nazis as comic-book bad guys is kind of a hot-button issue, despite the Golden Age of superhero comics being inextricably tied to WWII. Captain America is written so as to cleverly dodge the "why wouldn't superheroes liberate Auschwitz?" question. I can't read the screenwriters' motivations, but if part of the story was always going to be learning that you can't end war by killing one villain who's responsible for it all, that really doesn't mesh well with the popular perception of WWII, which had a clear cast of villains.

BrianWilly posted:

Not really. In the Thor comics the gods have actual magic and divinity in ways that are not comparable to "super-advanced alien science," and any notions of them being just another powerful alien race in the universe are very downplayed.
The Marvel Universe is littered with powerful aliens who have divine power, or are actual embodiments of cosmic forces. It's downright Lovecraftian, except that the entities in question are usually anthropic and appear as humanoids.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 5, 2017

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Vegetable posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-waJsBs0eBQ

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vegetable posted:

No Superman taking a Gatling gun to the face and eye in Superman Returns?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Did the movie give a reason for why Steve had to suicide out?

Why not just land the plane after getting control of it?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Chris Pine signed a multi picture deal so presumably he'll get better.

Or something something wizard with a time machine I dunno.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Deadulus posted:

I'd assume because he wanted to destroy all the traces of the gas without torching a huge chunk of land in the process.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Chris Pine signed a multi picture deal so presumably he'll get better.

Or something something wizard with a time machine I dunno.

Being comic books, I wouldn't be surprised if Steve slips within a time portal second before the plane bursting in flames. Or they could come with an identical grandson I guess. :v:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Guy A. Person posted:

Lol you are a lunatic

This isn't the movie "tak(ing) the bleakest interpretation" of everything, you are doing that all on your own. Half the stuff you describe is so mundane it's not worth mentioning (like seriously, the bad guy threatening people??) and a bunch of other stuff is part of Superman's normal story (complaining about Krypton being destroyed? I hate to tell you what happens to Spider-Man's uncle)

We don't disagree. You're 100% correct that they're absolutely ubiquitous elements from every Superman movie. I was talking about how they these obligatory scenes are delivered. Krypton has to be destroyed, the innocent have to be threatened, and Lois is going to kiss Clark. Superman can jump through a cornfield or fly high in the sky. Or he could be the hulk or a safari drone controlled by a jerk.

Edit: And to say it's not a negative trait. We've seen the other decisions. It's not a bad idea to show a dark version of the Superman story.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Deadulus posted:

Land it where? One of the characters says (I think) that the gas is on a timer to be released no matter what/where, and he doesn't have a lot of tech options available to him (and no especially tech-y members of his squad) in the early 1900s to stop that short of taking it somewhere it won't harm anyone but himself and detonating it. And Diana was too busy dealing with Ares at the moment to consider whether or not she might be able to also handle the plane/gas herself (and too shaken/temporarily deaf to stop Steve in the first place).

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'd assume because he wanted to destroy all the traces of the gas without torching a huge chunk of land in the process.

Being comic books, I wouldn't be surprised if Steve slips within a time portal second before the plane bursting in flames. Or they could come with an identical grandson I guess. :v:

Obviously the Flash time-travels back to the exact moment to pluck him to safety so that he can reunite him with Diana to give her an incentive to join the Superfriends in the next film.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Steve will probably end up a GL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

it's not our fault that MoS is more interesting than any major blockbuster that's come out in the last 4 years

Putting aside whether it is or not (it's not), suffering through goons rehashing the same arguments about it and gushing over it in every thread is well past its use by date.

I liked WW quite a bit. It has a weak third act but the first two acts are phenomenal. WW going over the top on No Man's Land and storming that occupied village are the best things the DCEU has offered, easily supplanting the first part of BvS.

• Locked thread