Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I love the pre-cyborg jason in jason X. It's such a good looking, fairly realistic jason. Much better outfit than the shirt and slacks look we saw jason in when he was alive in the other movies.

That's one I would love to see in the game, the mask is so unique and angular, it's under appreciated.

Also, did any of the movies apart from the remake feature bear traps? Because that seems to be the least represented movie in the game, along with 1 and 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The remake is so boring.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hockles posted:

Are you that big of a fan of Ambulance Drivers?

I was one, but that's not the point.

If you don't love Ethel and the punk chick doing the robot and the GBS goon getting chopped up by a crazy kid and the woman who was just two huge tits being naked and the cornball Michael Jackson guy dying in the shithouse and all the fun and creative kills and the cocaine prostitute waitress and the dorky black kid and weirdo in-between Jarvis, then there's something wrong with you.

5 is literally the funniest, most entertaining Jason movie and its only flaw is the fandom are total chodes about it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

One of the reasons I dislike Part 6 is that they made Tommy Jarvis so dull compared to the loving weirdo he was in 5.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For real though, Part 7 Jason was drat near unstoppable. Took way more punishment than any other Jason, including a house exploding on him, and was just pissed off.

Took the spirit of a dead gay pirate dad to put him back under water until some dipshits ran into him with a boat.

FvJ Jason's main weakness is that he is so slow in everything he does. He pretty much has to be, to be fair, for there to be any kind of fight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's a strong implication that part 7 Jason is powered by the girl's psychic abilities which is why he's so ridiculously OP.

The whole psychic wish gone wrong thing was a much better way to bring Jason back from the dead than the stupid lightning bolt in Part 6 and I really wish it was how Jason had initially become undead. Like literally anything would've been better than a lightning bolt.

Man, Part 6 is lame.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

The remake is so boring.

The remake is awesome.

Though the main thing about is that it lacks camp, the remake just made Jason be a big scary motherfucker which i enjoyed a lot, it was an interesting take on the character.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alteisen posted:

The remake is awesome.

Though the main thing about is that it lacks camp, the remake just made Jason be a big scary motherfucker which i enjoyed a lot, it was an interesting take on the character.

It's pretty much the same movie as the equally boring TCM remake by the same director, just without the evil sheriff. Remake Jason is basically Fast Zombies and he has no personality, he's just a big guy that moves fast and then kills you.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

part 7 is one of the best jasons because he looks so badass, but also because when they designed him they made sure to include every injury he'd suffered in every previous movie.

his mask-off scene is also the coolest.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If part 7 wasn't so massacred by the MPAA it'd be my favorite film in the series. They were really cracking down on gore at the time, TCM3 also got it really hard and had to remove entire scenes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

One of the reasons I dislike Part 6 is that they made Tommy Jarvis so dull compared to the loving weirdo he was in 5.

Yeah, I may have ranked 6 too high because now that I think about it, all I really remember of it is the fantastic opening scene that gave the world Zombie Jason, and the RV face implant.

7 is goddamn dope, though, and I don't care what the purist shitheels say about Carrie being a dumb element. 7 gave us the sleeping bag and, imo, the best Jason design.

Lurdiak posted:

There's a strong implication that part 7 Jason is powered by the girl's psychic abilities which is why he's so ridiculously OP.

The whole psychic wish gone wrong thing was a much better way to bring Jason back from the dead than the stupid lightning bolt in Part 6 and I really wish it was how Jason had initially become undead. Like literally anything would've been better than a lightning bolt.

Man, Part 6 is lame.

:agreed:

The 6 resurrection is pure old Hollywood cheese and I love it. The 7 resurrection is much more creative. In 8 they gave up and he's just, like, sitting there, bored until the boat hits him.

And 9, as we all know, was a ridiculous fan script written by a giant D&D dork. Props to the late 90's .midi soundtrack on making the stupidity funnier, though.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Alteisen posted:

The remake is awesome.

Trent is the best Chad.

Also reminder that the Friday the 13th and the Transformers movies share a universe, Trent being the main juncture between the two.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

My favourite non-zombie jason design. All busted out of custody with that badass mask, kane hodder at his finest.

I like jason x because it is just pure camp and has some really good kills in it, but I would have loved to have seen a post-jason goes to hell reboot with kane hodder and that jason design.

edit: my main pet peeve with the game so far is that only one jason gets the machete, when it's the most iconic jason weapon. Three axes but only one machete, and part 7 jason is criminally underpowered.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If 1313 ever gets made I hope Shia Laboeuf plays a crazy guy named Sam who gets violently slaughtered right away.

Like during the opening logos.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Has anyone been able to find a match on PS4 today? Been over two hours with nothing to show for it. Restarted the game and system multiple times here.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Man, Part 6 is lame.
Part 6 is the most watchable Friday movie outisde of Freddy vs Jason.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

Part 6 is the most watchable Friday movie outisde of Freddy vs Jason.

Yeah, that's a scrub opinion all right.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

My favourite non-zombie jason design. All busted out of custody with that badass mask, kane hodder at his finest.

I like jason x because it is just pure camp and has some really good kills in it, but I would have loved to have seen a post-jason goes to hell reboot with kane hodder and that jason design.

edit: my main pet peeve with the game so far is that only one jason gets the machete, when it's the most iconic jason weapon. Three axes but only one machete, and part 7 jason is criminally underpowered.

It would be nice if they had an update that added this Jason with the machete, and maybe when he goes into Rage he becomes Uber Jason and has his abilities all change, or something like that? I don't know how to properly work Uber Jason into the game without him just being his own Jason, which would honestly be okay too

but that pre-uber Jason looks real good

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Game owns when you get a talkative and funny group. Was just playing and we had a full 4 seat car of counselors driving to escape with Jason right behind. On literally the last turn before the exit, the driver chokes and we hit a tree. Jason then hunted us down, killing one while we ran for our lives. As we run around chaotically, some rear end in a top hat comes and takes our car and drives BY HIMSELF to escape. poo poo was legit hilarious even though we got screwed.

A tip on dodging shift grab, if you are jogging or walking and the tv static comes, sprint left or right. Feels a little less OP when you do that.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Somberbrero posted:

Has anyone been able to find a match on PS4 today? Been over two hours with nothing to show for it. Restarted the game and system multiple times here.

I only tried for about 30 minutes today but no luck. I still haven't gotten to actually play the game.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

It's really sketchy still hasn't gotten the patch yet. I've gotten some groups of 8 this weekend together which lets you skip the stupid search. If you wanna play this week add some people from first post and cardschange

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

what i'd want for jason x in the game is like, either an update or a dlc that adds uber jason, pre-uber jason x, and a spaceship map with a campground vr deck area in it.

you'd only be able to play uber jason in the spaceship map, but pre-uber jason x would be available everywhere. I imagine the spaceship would have to have different escape methods, like escape pods or calling in a friendly ship to evac you.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, that's a scrub opinion all right.
No. No, it's not. I'm not even saying it's the best, it's just the best to give to someone. It has all the Jason Stuff and the humor allows it not drag like a lot of the other films. New Blood might be the most engaging Jason film, but it's also really weird and stars Carrie.

But I also like when my slashers devolve into corny superhero battles by the end.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I just had the most intense game.

It's Camp Hillbrook, or whatever the map with the restrooms is. I'm Chad, and end up finding the car keys, talkie and a baseball bat... just as I hear the four-seater car start up. They must have got extremely lucky, as four out of six counsellors ended up getting in the car, and reversing all the way to the exit. About four minutes in.

Leaving me, Chad, and the other counsellor Buggzy to fend for ourselves against an increasingly annoyed Jason. Thus began a sixteen minute game of cat-and-mouse as I repeatedly told him that I'm not interested in his double glazing. I stunned Jason like, six times, finding a new baseball bat in the small cluster of cabins next to the restrooms, while for some reason the Jason just kept chasing after the Buggzy (probably because he can break out of his grip easily?). He broke down a door, stepped in a trap, and while he was chasing Buggzy some more I moved and re-set the trap in another cabin in which he then stepped on again. The two minute mark appeared.

Eventually as I ran for a baseball bat after my second one broke, Buggzy got caught and eventually neutered on the ground as I watched.

Then as he shifted to try and get a quick grab on me, I quickly walked up a rock that he somehow didn't see me climb... and the time ran out.

God-drat that was an intense match. But in the end, Chad wins.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Did the pull their heads out of their asses and add custom keybindings yet?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Hahaha, no.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I know this might not be an issue with you smart folks out there, but uh... don't hide and die while under the bed with important, carry-in-hand items like the battery or gas can. The game does not seem to handle it well

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I coincidentally killed everyone in the same place. They put up a good fight, it was a goon game and I got my mask knocked off, but Juicy Jason triumphed again.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Driving is the most intense part of this game sometimes. Trying to do a 5 point turn on a tiny road while a psycho killer is closing in fast... :stonk:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

kane hodder at his finest.

Wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZoPxi7r64

Eagerly awaiting Pizza-Man DLC

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
I dunno if that can top the gargoyle that flip-cocks the shotgun in the first House.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Jesus Christ the people I've played with.

I watched two counselors have a fight to the death. Not sure why but we all watched. It was kinda great. Then we tried to kill Jason but everyone was talking over each other and the poor guy playing Tommy swung the machete instead of hitting the prompt. We were shortly massacred.

Next game the obnoxious poo poo I'd muted was Jason. I spawn outside the cabin with the phone. I find the fuse inside. Fix the phone and watch as four counselors escape with the car. I call the cops and figure I'll wait him out, gently caress him and his constant begging to be Jason and million dumb questions about the movies.

I hide in a closet watching the map. The other two counselors are waiting at one of the exits. A tricky gamble but it pays off and they escape. I pop out and start my run down the road to the cops, flare gun in hand. Jason is standing there waiting. I pop him with the flare and run past. Clean sweep. All I hear in post game chat is laughing and people clowing on the dude who is apparently screaming about how they lied to him about setting him up for a Jason death scene. He gets kicked from the game.

This game is kinda terrible when played with teenagers.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Now that I've got part 9 I don't need to stay and spectate games anymore. I've gotten pretty good at fighting Jason toe to toe as Buggzy but it's still 90% luck, especially on these loving 300 ping servers it keeps putting me on. If he plays along and fights back I'll absolutely demask him even if he knows how to block, but most of them just hit right-click as fast as they can and it's just a matter of how long before the janky grab mechanics gently caress me over. And naturally getting caught is 100% death if you don't have a pocket knife.

I'm fine with that, actually, I think it should be mostly fatal to get caught, but it shouldn't be so impossible to do anything without getting grabbed in the middle of it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I still say breaking free from Jason's grip should be health dependent. More health, break out fast, less health its drat near impossible.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Had a game were I escaped early but watched the rest of the match, saw one guy put down the fuse in a bathroom in exchange for a health spray. He had no injuries, Jason was not on him and there were still 6 people left, holy poo poo pubbies.

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
You can tie it to whatever you want but the biggest problem is still Jason's right click has priority over literally everything a counselor can do. The only way to not get grabbed in combat is to run around Jason and that'll only last as long as the netcode is lovely in your favor.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I just watched Part 7 for the first time, I enjoyed it quite a bit, but that ending with zombie dad was a real wtf. I watched the special features containing the horrible workprint quality deleted gore scenes. It's too bad that footage is lost, the head crush and sleeping bag kill were so much better there.

I still think I like Part 6 more. I haven't seen every movie all the way through though.

The remake is weird for me to watch because i was working on a show with the actress who has the big ol topless sex scene. Me and my coworkers saw it together and were not expecting that. Especially the phrase "perfect nipple placement". And that scene just kept going, too.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

joylessdivision posted:

Then we tried to kill Jason but everyone was talking over each other and the poor guy playing Tommy swung the machete instead of hitting the prompt. We were shortly massacred.

i had a similar experience tonight. it was spear jason, and i did a ton of damage to him before dying as Adam. come back as Tommy, and i pick up a follower, some silent motherfucker who's playing Deborah. We get down to the wire, and it's quickly obvious that we're not escaping any normal way, so I tell him to follow me and explain very carefully how to kill jason. he's got a wood axe, and i grab another from the shack. jason obligingly comes in to meet us. mask pops off and we take some good damage. i grab the mask and i tell him to hit q.

he turns around and freezes. takes a hit, goes to critical state.

i stun jason again. i yell at him to hit q.

he spins in place and does nothing. jason's player takes a swing at him and misses.

i stun jason AGAIN, the jason player is cursing me now. i am screaming at my ally to hit q. he spins around again and flashes his light on and off in panic.

jason finally gets up and grabs him, and i attack quickly to try to save my ally.

traitor, -200, of course.

if it was a troll, it was a drat fine troll, but this guy was playing hard (though not skilled) the whole game. the preponderance of evidence suggests the pubbie was just too mother loving dumb to figure out how to hypnotize jason despite me yelling the keyboard command at him and it being directly on his screen even if he was rolling with a controller.

really took the wind out of my sails.

it bugs me how many people haven't been using mics the last couple of days.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 5, 2017

Mister Bup
Dec 26, 2015
Overall quality of pub lobbies has tanked since the first couple days. And my go-to friend group has recently added some dudes I hate to play with. Plays like if he doesn't win in five minutes he's gonna die, only uses mic to complain that I didn't let him grab a weapon before I killed him (the DBD entitlement complex is leaking) just generally not fun to play with at all.

Now that I've gotten all the Jasons I've kind of settled down playing, only a round or two a day and mostly playing them to see how long I can clown on Jason before he kills me. Waiting to see what kind of balance adjustments they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Coolguye posted:

i had a similar experience tonight. it was spear jason, and i did a ton of damage to him before dying as Adam. come back as Tommy, and i pick up a follower, some silent motherfucker who's playing Deborah. We get down to the wire, and it's quickly obvious that we're not escaping any normal way, so I tell him to follow me and explain very carefully how to kill jason. he's got a wood axe, and i grab another from the shack. jason obligingly comes in to meet us. mask pops off and we take some good damage. i grab the mask and i tell him to hit q.

he turns around and freezes. takes a hit, goes to critical state.

i stun jason again. i yell at him to hit q.

he spins in place and does nothing. jason's player takes a swing at him and misses.

i stun jason AGAIN, the jason player is cursing me now. i am screaming at my ally to hit q. he spins around again and flashes his light on and off in panic.

jason finally gets up and grabs him, and i attack quickly to try to save my ally.

traitor, -200, of course.

if it was a troll, it was a drat fine troll, but this guy was playing hard (though not skilled) the whole game. the preponderance of evidence suggests the pubbie was just too mother loving dumb to figure out how to hypnotize jason despite me yelling the keyboard command at him and it being directly on his screen even if he was rolling with a controller.

really took the wind out of my sails.

it bugs me how many people haven't been using mics the last couple of days.

I know that its more than feasible that this person didn't understand one way or the other, but maybe it's possible the player was bugged? I've seen my fair share of incidents where players can't interact with or pick up objects while playing.

Mister Bup posted:

Overall quality of pub lobbies has tanked since the first couple days. And my go-to friend group has recently added some dudes I hate to play with. Plays like if he doesn't win in five minutes he's gonna die, only uses mic to complain that I didn't let him grab a weapon before I killed him (the DBD entitlement complex is leaking) just generally not fun to play with at all.

Now that I've gotten all the Jasons I've kind of settled down playing, only a round or two a day and mostly playing them to see how long I can clown on Jason before he kills me. Waiting to see what kind of balance adjustments they do.

Have you played with other goons yet? We tend to have a pretty good time with the game.

• Locked thread