Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
"GTFO leads to haters getting BTFO!!!"

"GTFO? More like GTF...I!!!"

"GTFO is a rough approximation of the noise a person makes when I stick my hand down their throat and yank out their tonsils. It is also the name of a video game."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Come The gently caress On Ulf! You actually got a game here or what?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Crabtree posted:

Come The gently caress On Ulf! You actually got a game here or what?

Look, bub, it's a name reveal trailer. You can't give away everything at once!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dr Cheeto posted:

Look, bub, it's a name reveal trailer. You can't give away everything at once!

C'mon, this isn't like that grandiose title, OVERKILL's The Walking Dead, that clearly needs 10 years of vaporware time so the franchise can become fresh again! He's had over a year to do this and he's got a wobbly elevator going down a spiky intestinal track!

Oh hello, Payday 2 update?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 1, 2017

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Crabtree posted:

C'mon, this isn't like that grandiose title, OVERKILL's The Walking Dead, that clearly needs 10 years of vaporware time so the franchise can become fresh again! He's had over a year to do this and he's got a wobbly elevator going down a spiky intestinal track!

Oh hello, Payday 2 update?

Just more masks with a tie in to another game.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Giving Sicario a try, because I might as well. Playing it with fully upgraded jokers for the tanky sidekicks, the extra health and health regen - should I bother, or should I just put the points into armour instead? Anyone have builds or tips about it to share?

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Hostage Taker makes any build good

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Wastrel_ posted:

Giving Sicario a try, because I might as well. Playing it with fully upgraded jokers for the tanky sidekicks, the extra health and health regen - should I bother, or should I just put the points into armour instead? Anyone have builds or tips about it to share?

Ask and ye shall receive.

That's my non-OD Sicario, using a 5/7 and Car-4 modded for conceals to get those sick crits in. Sicario's a fun perk deck and definitely still good. It's a Crook with slightly different math and a smoke grenade to skew the math on a cooldown, kinda like a crook/kingpin hybrid if you're familiar with both of those.

Death Wish trip report: With the new upgraded bots two-manning DW Hoxbreak wasn't even really a thing. We only really had any trouble catching a SWAT truck to drill for the 3rd obstruction and then the final approach being a turret-sandwich. I ran a Crew Chief with Fuuka in an LBV Biker rig, and I forgot I moved my bots' shotgun so they had default weapons. Still no real issue. After that we dicked around on some other DW maps and I found the Frenzy Chief is still hilarious and awesome.

For a lot of builds where I previously aced Close By and used a single-shot modded Steakout with an Arbiter I've switched to acing Shotgun Impact instead and bringing a Street Sweeper with a Little Friend. A huge savings of 3 entire skillpoints! The Little Friend being a one-stop turret-wrecking-shop is pretty handy, and it still fills the "gently caress shields & snipers" role well, also blows faceplates off dozers and then rails them in the face.

For anyone who tried the Donald's Horizontal Leveller and didn't really see what the fuss was about, I gave it a second shot on the recommendation of one of the discord regulars (Rook) and found out the real difference-maker is going even lower accuracy with it than you otherwise would for a shotgun. For a non-duckbill'd shotgun I like accuracy in the low-30s to low-40s, but with the duckbill low-20s to low-30s is a better sweetspot since your vertical spread is compressed and you WANT wider horizontal spread. The Street Sweeper is a particularly good candidate for a duckbill, as is the Steakout that omits the long barrel mod and uses a full auto mod to achieve lower accuracy still.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console update next Tuesday. Everything up to the Biker job/ skill revamp -whatever is most recent.

I'm looking forward to this.

I guess there will be some new guns and like 5 new missions or so.

I really hope they fixed crimenet on xb1. (It doesn't exist) and there are no lobbies to join. You basically have to "join any heist" to find a game or host.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

With the difficulty revamp. Enjoy your 80 cops onscreen each with over 1000 hp.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Hahaha, it's the console update you always never wanted!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The game is an unoptimized mess on PC if it somehow runs better on console I will cry.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Art

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Big-eyed dick feet is so passé

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

I prefer to put the big blue dick on the opposite side of the map, in case that stupid wall spawns and blocks the alleyway.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 4, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

I see Wilko is already putting his copy of Space Waifu to use.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Biker deck with LBV is far more functional on MH/DW than I thought it would be. It's deck mechanics are far stronger in practice than they sound like when reading the cards casually. It's in slight danger to snipers(though it'll likely take two snipers hitting you in succession to kill you), and needs to fight black dozers from a bit of a distance. Doesn't give a generally bad or unsafe feeling while playing, though. Very surprised. I thought LBV would be too slim, but biker can get any lost HP back very quickly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Biker deck with LBV is far more functional on MH/DW than I thought it would be. It's deck mechanics are far stronger in practice than they sound like when reading the cards casually. It's in slight danger to snipers(though it'll likely take two snipers hitting you in succession to kill you), and needs to fight black dozers from a bit of a distance. Doesn't give a generally bad or unsafe feeling while playing, though. Very surprised. I thought LBV would be too slim, but biker can get any lost HP back very quickly.
This is with a non-Frenzy/Berserker build?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've been gone since before the John Wick weapon pack and after seeing the breadth of changes to the game I decided to sell all my guns and start fresh. What are the essentials, in your opinion? Like, if you only had two pages of guns per slot, what would be there?

The best ARs seem to be Little Friend, AK/CAR/AK5, and JP36. SMGs seems to be Krink and maybe Mark 10. I already love the Arbiter. Seems like the Commando 101 is just better than the RPG.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

I've been gone since before the John Wick weapon pack and after seeing the breadth of changes to the game I decided to sell all my guns and start fresh. What are the essentials, in your opinion? Like, if you only had two pages of guns per slot, what would be there?

The best ARs seem to be Little Friend, AK/CAR/AK5, and JP36. SMGs seems to be Krink and maybe Mark 10. I already love the Arbiter. Seems like the Commando 101 is just better than the RPG.
I'm not on chairface or Fuuka's level, but for Primaries I would have essentially what you said and like 3 versions of the AA12. Micro Uzi is also the tits and goes well with the Little Friend. 5/7 AP pistol is great and the only thing outside of a the Arbiter or Uzi that I would bring for my secondary.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What are your three AA12s built for?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

What are your three AA12s built for?
I'm really lazy so one is silent, one is built with higher accuracy (with a Kings Crown) and the other is built for lower accuracy (with Shark Teeth Nozzle) or some dumb poo poo like that. You probably only need one.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm really lazy so one is silent, one is built with higher accuracy (with a Kings Crown) and the other is built for lower accuracy (with Shark Teeth Nozzle) or some dumb poo poo like that. You probably only need one.

sounds more like efficient to me. why change mods around and probably forget what you have on it and bring the wrong one to a heist when you can just double-click another inventory item

in fact you should probably buy a few more AA12s

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm all about having multiple loadouts of the same weapon. I'm the guy that actually used most of the weapon slots.

Get two arbiters, bam, never need to gently caress around with loading and unloading fire grenades

E: I had eight saws at one point

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 5, 2017

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

I pretty well agree on the ARs, for SMGs if you like the Krink, Tatonka is basically the same thing with better pickup. Also UZIs (regular and micro!) are both great, and the tec-9 (blaster in game?) is drat near identical to the micro UZI. The Commando is pretty much just better than the RPG, although it is worth remembering that much like the Arbiter vs. a 40mm launcher, the Commando has smaller splash and doesn't hit as hard, which can be noteworthy in ridiculously high level crime sprees.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
You can always use more fully automatic shotguns.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mac 10 is always the answer.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The hilarity shotgun option is the IZHMA 12 modded for as much concealment as possible. Grab low blow basic and run around like Doom Guy.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
double postin'

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

TopHatGenius posted:

The hilarity shotgun option is the IZHMA 12 modded for as much concealment as possible. Grab low blow basic and run around like Doom Guy.
Throw literally all the damage skills at it and it even becomes able to 2-shot a One Down heavy. It only costs either your survivability or anything resembling being a team player.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

M308 is still pretty good. AK/CAR4 kitted out with a DMR setup is pretty broken right now since they get higher than intended pickup rates, and they can accept speedpull magazines. Still thoroughly in the "JP36 is meh" crowd though it's easily the best of its class at the moment. Little Friend is more grenade launcher than AR but it's great for utility builds since it requires minimal point investment. As chairface already pointed out, the Uzi is pretty good at the moment if you build for it, as is the Tatonka. The Kobus is actually pretty decent (and the speedpull magazine reload is hilarous).

You can't go wrong with a shotgun build of any kind, but they massively buffed ammo pickup for automatics to the point where you have to actively work to run out of ammo. The IZHMA crit build is insanely broken right now, but really all shotguns remain top tier as long as you invest in the shotgunner tree. Pistols are in a weird place (and have been for a while) where none of them except akimbos, revolvers and the Broomstick are really worth it any more. The trade-offs between the Deagle class and revolvers favours revolvers too much at the moment, and then the new Broomstick just says "gently caress that I'm just gonna be the best at everything but concealment". Otherwise, the newly added Castigo revolver is really good for high concealment builds that don't require the super stubby Bronco.

As good as the Arbiter is, I'd keep a China Puff handy since it can kill more effectively on One Down where the Arbiter can't, and as chairface pointed out, has a bigger blast radius.

Snipers are in a weird spot right now; the Thanatos still stands out for having a truckload of base damage but nothing else and requires a massive skill point dump to be even remotely efficient at bulldozer killing, but I have one set up along with the build for it just for kicks. Otherwise, your picks are the Contractor (for being a shield-piercing M308 with insane pickup rate) or the Grom (a semi-automatic in the same class as the R93, etc with the most concealment of any sniper).

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

maswastaken posted:

Throw literally all the damage skills at it and it even becomes able to 2-shot a One Down heavy. It only costs either your survivability or anything resembling being a team player.

Or fire. Lots of fire.

Trying to recall though (as I'm at work) which has more conceal. Izhma or M1014 fully modded to conceal (with boost)?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Malek posted:

Or fire. Lots of fire.
Look at this guy, not sacrificing survivability or usefulness to the team.

quote:

Trying to recall though (as I'm at work) which has more conceal. Izhma or M1014 fully modded to conceal (with boost)?
IZHMA, by 1.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

maswastaken posted:

Look at this guy, not sacrificing survivability or usefulness to the team.
IZHMA, by 1.

I stand by my decisions. Law be purged. :colbert:

And thanks for that. Granted it seems virtually impossible to hit the sub 5 (4) conceal with either M1014 or IZHMA unless I take the Beretta with the 32 concealment... unless I missed something?

Malek fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 6, 2017

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Malek posted:

And thanks for that. Granted it seems virtually impossible to hit the sub 5 (4) conceal with either M1014 or IZHMA unless I take the Beretta with the 32 concealment... unless I missed something?
+2 concealment skill for melee? I do just fine with a 29 concealment LEO.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

maswastaken posted:

+2 concealment skill for melee? I do just fine with a 29 concealment LEO.

Already got it with the Ice Pick. Lowest I could get was 10 total conceal with a Loco 000 for secondary. It works quite well still.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Malek posted:

If you've got a Judge secondary, both should be able to hit 4 conceal fairly easily.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

ClonedPickle posted:

If you've got a Judge secondary, both should be able to hit 4 conceal fairly easily.

I'll double check it when I get home. You're probably right.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Malek posted:

Izhma + 5/7 hits the 4 conceal cutoff pretty easily without conceal boosts. 5/7 for snipers & shields, Izhma for everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is with a non-Frenzy/Berserker build?
If you're going LBV Biker, I would recommend staying very far away from frenzy. Part of the entire gimmick of LBV Biker is trading health for armor and armor for health on a constant basis. Frenzy LBV Biker will feel fine about 70% of the heist then fail in a sudden and violent manner you can't react to easily. Usually resulting in eating floor.

That said, ICTV biker can rock frenzy to hell and back. It's pretty much anarchist frenzy for people who hate anarchist frenzy.

quote:

I'm not on chairface or Fuuka's level

Don't say this as if I'm some kind of genius. I just rub my face on whatever dumb idea comes to mind and post results. If it sounds like the opposite of what a good idea is, I do it. Sometimes this gets a hilarious contradiction.

Like what happens if you take sicario, put it in LBV, but don't invest in any additional dodge beyond sprinting dodge? I should probably post my spacegun sicario build.