Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Night10194 posted:

You know, if we default on our debt and destroy the global economy, before I die in the mad max wasteland I'm gonna have myself a sensible chuckle about how loving stupid businessmen are for having supported a massively destabilizing incompetent rear end in a top hat in hopes of tax cuts.

If there is no government, no one can make you pay taxes

The warlords generally call it protection money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Leaving the Paris Accords gained Trump literally nothing and only ended up pissing off both regular and powerful people across the political spectrum. It was an amazing self own.

I didn't know any ruler, democratic or otherwise, would be retarded enough to piss off both the media and intelligence community but here we are.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Skippy Granola posted:

I'll call myself Lord Skipmungus and lead a band of blood-craved cannibals as we eat everyone who makes more than $100,000 per year.

I appreciate this reference. Although for the life of me I can't think up any snappy patter about HENRYs to go with it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ekster posted:

I didn't know any ruler, democratic or otherwise, would be retarded enough to piss off both the media and intelligence community but here we are.

See, the thing with Trump is you have you remember everything RWM says, he actually believes completely and earnestly. So, for instance, he looked over at the media running BOTH SIDES EQUALLY TERRIBLE stories all year last year and saw that as 'The media already hates me, the hell do I have to lose'?

He genuinely still thinks Obama wiretapped him, for gently caress's sake! Dude is crazy!

logosanatic
Jan 27, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
can someone give me a nuanced rundown of the qatar situation?

what i got so far is saudi arabia(muslim funding country) is accusing qatar of supporting terrorism. and they do this with a straight face?

and were blaming trump because he visited saudi arabia so the timing could be connected. he did tell muslims to kill radical muslims so that kind of thing?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That probably wasn't why she was fired.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ekster posted:

I have to wonder if Trump is literally the most stupid elected Head of State ever. Emphasis on elected, obviously there were tons of inbred Monarchs.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

God killed Trump's mother in the way that He did because she was such a bad parent to this child.

mcmagic posted:

That probably wasn't why she was fired.

Stupid oval office bitch should not comment about anything in England if she doesn't know what the IRA is, especially as the UK head of this satanic false-news beast accuses Corbyn of not being voteworthy for once shaking the hand of one of its leading figures.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Leaving the Paris Accords gained Trump literally nothing and only ended up pissing off both regular and powerful people across the political spectrum. It was an amazing self own.

It was a fantastic way to get people to learn about what the Paris Accords actually are. Donald Trump, liberal sleeper agent.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I have to wonder if Trump is literally the most stupid elected Head of State ever. Emphasis on elected, obviously there were tons of inbred Monarchs.

I mean, Fascism 101 is using the state's security & intelligence apparatus against dissidents, but instead Trump has made the state's security & intelligence apparatus a dissident, which is using itself against him.

:master:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Probably? In most of the world you work for decades as a political nerd to get the top job, we don't tend to reward celebrities the way the US does. The only recent exception that springs to mind is Park Geun-Hye, she got the job mostly via nepotism (her father was president before her), and she was a member of a really retarded cult that became her undoing because she was bad at covering it up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

i am harry posted:

God killed Trump's mother in the way that He did because she was such a bad parent to this child.

Stupid oval office bitch should not comment about anything in England if she doesn't know what the IRA is, especially as the UK head of this satanic false-news beast accuses Corbyn of not being voteworthy for once shaking the hand of one of its leading figures.

She didn't know what the IRA is? Heh. Speaks well for Breitbart's hiring practices.

https://twitter.com/RockandLedge/status/871810954195079169

^^^ heh

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Oh precious katana posted:

Me and my friend made a song, partly based on this thread. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldyrNEZIMJM

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This thread moves pretty fast, but take some time to listen to this song because it's really good.

I liked the song but SA has conditioned me to be an abused puppy that keeps wanting to get the delicious kibble but every time I think the kibble is real someone runs out of nowhere and punts me across the room. I'm not sure believing posts is even possible anymore. Kinda like what must've happened to Covok and mcmagic and hope for the future.

*tries for the kibble anyway, just one more time, even though the video was posted almost a month ago by a Finnish band*

I like your good musics Oh precious katana.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/871809546918014977

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

dont even fink about it posted:

It was a fantastic way to get people to learn about what the Paris Accords actually are. Donald Trump, liberal sleeper agent.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Probably? In most of the world you work for decades as a political nerd to get the top job, we don't tend to reward celebrities the way the US does. The only recent exception that springs to mind is Park Geun-Hye, she got the job mostly via nepotism (her father was president before her), and she was a member of a really retarded cult that became her undoing because she was bad at covering it up

Also Justin Trudeau. He's not bad, in my opinion, but he didn't exactly work his way up from the bottom to get where he is.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

logosanatic posted:

what i got so far is saudi arabia(muslim funding country) is accusing qatar of supporting terrorism. and they do this with a straight face?

and were blaming trump because he visited saudi arabia so the timing could be connected. he did tell muslims to kill radical muslims so that kind of thing?

One of the Emirates of Qatar basically voiced support for Iran and Hamas.

They are trying to eliminate his ability to influence policy/access money because Saudi Arabia thinks that Iran is out to destabilize the Middle East and overthrow the Saudi Regime (also they are dirty Shia).

Quatar was basically a client state of Saudi Arabia and a bulwark against Iran. They are taking extreme measures to nip this in the bud.

A comparable metaphor would be if the Deputy Prime Minister of Canada said that maybe "Mexico should invade the U.S. and if they did, then Canada should probably invade as well. Not saying that we should, but if they did, then maybe we should!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That Italian Prime Minister who hosed all the super models and had 100 mistresses probably ranks up there.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Covok posted:

That Italian Prime Minister who hosed all the super models and had 100 mistresses probably ranks up there.

He was still smarter than Trump, sorry.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Covok posted:

Berlusconi was more or less a Trump trial balloon.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

logosanatic posted:

They dared to say nice things about Shia Muslim groups in general and Iran in particular.

Sunni is not Shia. I am an idiot.

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 5, 2017

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Covok posted:

it was awesome when he hopped on the back of some random dude's scooter and they took off when he was being hounded by the press

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Had to think fast and mainstream media trying to sell it... by which he means people pointing out his full original quote he is taking out of context?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

cant wait to hear about the pee-filled bunga bunga parties

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

My friend at work's response to Trump's insanity of the last few days/months:

quote:

As long as he doesn't blow up the world and the stock market keeps going up then he is making a lot of people happy.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

WeAreTheRomans posted:

She has some similarities, i.e. appealing to some mythical past where Everything Was Right (read: daddy dictator who literally tortured dissidents to death, but hey at least the economy was good) from what I know but afaik she didn't poo poo herself on twitter 24/7 nor did she piss off allies for no real reason.

I could be wrong, I don't know that much about South Korea beyond what I read in Japanese news (I know Japanese).

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

mcmagic posted:

She didn't know what the IRA is? Heh. Speaks well for Breitbart's hiring practices.

Well, I'm sure she doesn't but if she did, I'm sure she wouldn't think that IRA does terrorism as she knows that terrorism is done by brown people.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Covok posted:

I don't know too much about Burlesque Pony Berlusconi but I'd say he was more your garden variety fella who was highly corrupt and overindulgent and just found himself into way too much power. He definitely ranks but I think his delusions are at least 2 orders of magnitude lower than Trump.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ekster posted:

He was still smarter than Trump, sorry.

Berlusconi was a self-made man. He wasn't riding on his father's coat-tails in business. So yeah, worse than Trump.

Similar attitudes to honesty in business and politics and respect for women, though.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

mcmagic posted:

Actually, it's amazing Trump is so unpopular when the economy is gaining so well.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I mean it's a really lovely statement but I imagine it's true?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

PT6A posted:

Also Justin Trudeau. He's not bad, in my opinion, but he didn't exactly work his way up from the bottom to get where he is.

I don't think he's done anything to suggest he's dumber than the average politico

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

I mean it's a really lovely statement but I imagine it's true?

I mean it's clearly horrible and myopic...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

BarbarianElephant posted:

Actually, it's amazing Trump is so unpopular when the economy is gaining so well.

Just give it a couple of minutes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Didn't he make/build the Italian version of a tabloid/gossip rag empire?

Making a (trash) media empire takes some sort of skill beyond "born rich fall up forever."

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

i am harry posted:

Stupid oval office bitch

Whoa.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Star Man posted:

Just give it a couple of minutes.

I think he should manage to drive it into the ground just in time for the next Democratic President to have to deal with it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/ryangrim/status/871815607125254144

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

I mean it's clearly horrible and myopic...

Yes, that is a great description of modern GOP voters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

BarbarianElephant posted:

I think he should manage to drive it into the ground just in time for the next Democratic President to have to deal with it.

Only for that Democratic president to be blamed for not making everything better overnight and we'll be back to Republican armageddon before you can say "neoliberal."

• Locked thread