Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump real campaign slogan is make New Jersey Commuters Wait Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

etalian posted:

Trump real campaign slogan is make New Jersey Commuters Wait Again

build the wall to keep new jerseyans confined in their shithole state

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm currently waiting on the assembly district 9 special election returns. nothing as of yet

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'm currently waiting on the assembly district 9 special election returns. nothing as of yet

looks like we maaade ittt

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

looks like we maaade ittt

I can't remember her name but it looks like that 25 year old bernie supporter school teacher won

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Close; 25-year teaching veteran, but yeah, Pellegrino won.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

yep, checked the board of elections and she's up by about 20 points with 64 of 109 districts in. there is hope for this state after all

also brian benjamin won the Harlem state senate seat race but that was a foregone conclusion and he sucks

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

:frogsiren::ducksiren::siren: END OF THE FRACTURED DEMOCRATIC SENATE CAUCUS MAY* BE COMING TO AN END :siren::ducksiren::frogsiren:

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/jeffrey-d-klein/independent-democratic-conference-launches-call-roll
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/nyregion/simcha-felder-independent-democratic-conference-senate.html?_r=2

*- i'm not holding my breath and neither should any of you

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Somebody said something good about Albany (metro area)!

quote:

Less than 15 percent (14 of the 100 largest metro areas) outperformed the average of their peers on composite scores for growth, prosperity, and inclusion, largely knowledge hubs and energy centers, though Detroit also made this group. Just 11 of America’s 100 largest metros saw gains in 9 core measures of the Brooking’s measures of economic growth, prosperity, and inclusion. Eight metros registered gains in inclusive economic prosperity for both white people and people of color, and only four metros—Austin, Denver, Charleston, and Albany—experienced inclusive prosperity in its truest sense, that extends to all races and classes. Those metros saw their median income earnings gap between white people and people of color decline. Even though Albany ranked lower in terms of economic growth and productivity, it managed to make improvements for racial inclusion, increasing median income and employment for both groups.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Interestingly all state capitols.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

apparently the 9th AD race was going to be an intense clusterfuck for the Dems until Pellegrino stepped in. i'd quote parts but i'd be doing the story a great disservice, so just click and read

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

CaptainPsyko posted:

Interestingly all state capitols.

government jeeeerbs

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

uncurable mlady posted:

government jeeeerbs

Government, academia, healthcare...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

financially racist posted:

build the wall to keep new jerseyans confined in their shithole state

New Jersey is a wonderful state with really friendly people!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

yeah change it to Staten and Long Islands and I'll sign off on it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yesterday the lirr's trains were over an hour late during rush hour

so they piggybacked over the meme of the moment, that turned out well

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/LIRR-Riders-Rip-Covfefe-Twitter-After-Trump-Tweet-425495844.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_NYBrand

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Is there an acceptable candidate in the NJ Democratic primary for governor?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

Don't know who's running, but no.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

i'd like to berate you for posting in the New York politics thread instead of somewhere else, but i'm a Jersey guy originally, so i'm gonna point you in the right direction with Bill Brennan

my personal favorite is "legalize weed and use abandoned factories to grow it"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Any one else seeing like ads promoting the IDC talking about how they support New York? It's loving laughable

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

KomradeX posted:

Any one else seeing like ads promoting the IDC talking about how they support New York? It's loving laughable
stay off of Kings County Politics, they're not even pretending to hide the fact that they're pro-IDC anymore

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

stay off of Kings County Politics, they're not even pretending to hide the fact that they're pro-IDC anymore

I'm noir even seeing it there, I suspect some people I know on Facebook must have liked their page so I keep getting ads for them

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

KomradeX posted:

I'm noir even seeing it there, I suspect some people I know on Facebook must have liked their page so I keep getting ads for them
makes sense, the IDC has been on a PR blitz ever since Hamilton and Alcantara committed to them. i just mentioned that website because they have ads for them and blatantly say they're pro-IDC in the "About" section

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

makes sense, the IDC has been on a PR blitz ever since Hamilton and Alcantara committed to them. i just mentioned that website because they have ads for them and blatantly say they're pro-IDC in the "About" section

That's loving terrible. Assholes

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
What are the chances Preet runs against Cuomo

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/04/nyregion/cuomo-health-insurance-affordable-care-act-repeal.html?pagewanted=all

quote:

Striking pre-emptively at an increasingly frequent foil, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo plans to announce a series of steps on Monday to safeguard insurance coverage against a possible repeal of all or parts of the Affordable Care Act in Washington.

The measures, taken via emergency regulations, will include requiring any private company doing business on the state’s insurance marketplace to guarantee the 10 “essential health benefits” required by President Barack Obama’s signature 2010 health care law. The governor will also direct the state’s health department to block any company that withdraws from the exchange from participating in Medicaid or its children’s health plan.

In a statement, the governor, a Democrat, said that “health care is a human right,” noting that he had also firmed plans to ensure contraceptive and abortion protections, something he initially outlined in January.

“With Washington trying to take a wrecking ball to our health care system, we are taking concrete steps to ensure core protections of the Affordable Care Act remain intact,” Mr. Cuomo said, adding that he would direct his Department of Financial Services to prevent any discrimination based on gender, age or pre-existing conditions, a politically charged topic in the health care debate. “New Yorkers will continue to have access to the quality medical care they need and deserve.”

This is cool and good - all the blue states should follow suit

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I'll reserve judgement on this until I see if its means tested to hell because cuomo.txt

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

What are the chances Preet runs against Cuomo

is preet noticeably to the left of cuomo or are people just projecting because no one else is gonna do it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is it just me, or did de Blasio age like a million years since becoming mayor? :smith:

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/871894677301190657

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

is preet noticeably to the left of cuomo or are people just projecting because no one else is gonna do it
i don't know about his political views outside of corruption, but he's the only person who's ever given a poo poo about it in New York state politics so that should count for something. and if cuomo really believed health care is a human right, he'd put his money where his mouth is and loudly support the NY Health Act

speaking of shitbags, the IDC isn't going anywhere

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

i don't know about his political views outside of corruption, but he's the only person who's ever given a poo poo about it in New York state politics so that should count for something.

Last time New York voted in a government attorney turned anti-corruption Governor, it didn't end so well. :smith:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

the worst thing about following a bunch of reporters on twitter is all of them complaining about the mta all the loving time

that's the real media bubble

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

the worst thing about following a bunch of reporters on twitter is all of them complaining about the mta all the loving time

The Upstate ones never do! :v:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Last time New York voted in a government attorney turned anti-corruption Governor, it didn't end so well. :smith:

Bring back the steamroller.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

shouldn't have slept with all those whoo-res

Badger of Basra posted:

it isn't much better following actual political people

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo about the subways, though:

https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/871892855320694784

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

apparently when subway announcements talk about "train traffic," it usually means that they're spacing the trains evenly for god knows what reason

there's an assemblywoman who has a monthly meeting relaying information from albany about a particular topic, and this month it'll be about transit. i'm hoping for a lot more people showing up than the last couple times i was there, this poo poo is becoming a daily occurrence and it's completely unacceptable

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

apparently when subway announcements talk about "train traffic," it usually means that they're spacing the trains evenly for god knows what reason

They do this both to close gaps in service and to create headway between trains so that trains can actually move. If they don't respond or adjust service at all even relatively minor delays will quickly cripple an entire line.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Or if you'd prefer an explanation by way of SNES cutscene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender
Is there a definitive list of "why Cuomo sucks"? My impression is that he's started talking a big game about being "progressive", but has a history of only supporting garbage half-measures at best. I don't actually remember anything specific to back this up.

same for schumer