Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

ReidRansom posted:

What a loving hack. Wasn't he somewhat credible at one point though? Maybe I'm misremembering.

He gained prominence being one of the three (?) journalists who were directly given the Snowden documents. But then he became an apologist for Russia and Wikileaks.

e: bring back dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Is it possible to flood that site with faux outrage fund drives that just lead to enriching the goon community? Because that would be amazing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It's the intercept. This shouldn't be a surprise. They're not good people.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

ReidRansom posted:

What a loving hack. Wasn't he somewhat credible at one point though? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Glenn Greenwald's worldview proceeds wholly from the one single unshakeable axiom that The United States And Its Intelligence Agencies Are Evil. Which isn't wrong, per se, but he is very black-and-white about it, views other evils as less important than that one, and maybe even distractions from it, and does not believe that the US IC is capable of telling the truth except to serve evil ends. So his gut instinct when the IC unanimously announced that Russia had meddled in the election was that they were either a) lying or b) telling the truth but believing them and acting accordingly would only help Them. Everything ever since has been doubling down, endlessly.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

evilweasel posted:

christ

the intercept put the images of the leaked documents in their article directly

so even if the nsa didn't realize it must have been printed out someone would have pointed it out

these loving people are worse at this than internet spaceship guilds

Those spaceship guilds were being trained by the CIA though?

At least the SA one was, poo poo what's your clearance level?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Quorum posted:

Glenn Greenwald's worldview proceeds wholly from the one single unshakeable axiom that The United States And Its Intelligence Agencies Are Evil. Which isn't wrong, per se, but he is very black-and-white about it, views other evils as less important than that one, and maybe even distractions from it, and does not believe that the US IC is capable of telling the truth except to serve evil ends. So his gut instinct when the IC unanimously announced that Russia had meddled in the election was that they were either a) lying or b) telling the truth but believing them and acting accordingly would only help Them. Everything ever since has been doubling down, endlessly.

Sounds like you're describing Assange.

i.e. "Russia has been good to me unlike the US therefore they are the good guys"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Quorum posted:

That's the generous interpretation. It's probably the right one too, but there's obviously another one.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I had that phase too btw when I was twelve years old.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

PhazonLink posted:

only goonswarm was trained by the cia

even pandemic legion knows how to do the word substitution stenography that was in tom clancy's book

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

This information is for Gamma Squad only.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

boner confessor posted:

this is how you end up with poo poo like voat, eventually if you keep chasing the crazies out of your community you end up with a small hard core at the end of the tether like racist nesting dolls. gofundme bans lifestyle support for racists, patreon won't take them because they don't generate content, so then you end up with poo poo like wesearchr which iirc started as some site so floor shitter could subsidize outlaw journalism but since that's a big scam it's just become gofundme for the white power alt right crowd

I think this is basically Prester Jane's compaction theory

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Hey Apoplexy, what are your thoughts on Reality Winner's looks re: her fuckability???

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mittens for president.

I mean, he can't be worse.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Carter Page on MSNBC right now lol

"I can't recall....."

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

socialized reimbursement programs for everyone

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Discendo Vox posted:

Jeremy Scahill is. Tell me something he's done that isn't 100% in the right.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Why does Carter Page KEEP GOING ON TELEVISION

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mr Interweb posted:

Well, I don't think anyone ever expected a right-wing shithead to beg for handouts:

https://twitter.com/k_mcq/status/871783117266309122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofEdoggWr-s&hd=1

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Boon posted:

Is it possible to flood that site with faux outrage fund drives that just lead to enriching the goon community? Because that would be amazing.

There's like a 99.99999999999999 chance floor shitter takes a 99.999999999999 cut of everything.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

these people are just the most unbelievably dumb mutherfuckers.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

Hey Apoplexy, what are your thoughts on Reality Winner's looks re: her fuckability???

I don't engage in that sort of talk about respectable people. When they've proven themselves to be evil incarnate, I'll forgo their right to being treated with dignity, as they eschew treating others with any.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Reality looks like a real winner.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Apoplexy posted:

I don't engage in that sort of talk about respectable people. When they've proven themselves to be evil incarnate, I'll forgo their right to being treated with dignity, as they eschew treating others with any.

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. It's their views that you should poo poo on with all your might.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And run by Floor Shitter

boner confessor posted:

this is how you end up with poo poo like voat, eventually if you keep chasing the crazies out of your community you end up with a small hard core at the end of the tether like racist nesting dolls. gofundme bans lifestyle support for racists, patreon won't take them because they don't generate content, so then you end up with poo poo like wesearchr which iirc started as some site so floor shitter could subsidize outlaw journalism but since that's a big scam it's just become gofundme for the white power alt right crowd

Okay, figured that was the case cause I never heard of this place until today.

I gotta say, I'm quite surprised that Breitbart(!!!) thought she was racist enough to let go. And she was, to be sure, but it's not like the rest of their contributors are any more...um, politically correct.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Apoplexy posted:

Jeremy Scahill is. Tell me something he's done that isn't 100% in the right.

He defends Assange, and works for the Intercept.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FizFashizzle posted:

I will never stop being entertained as gently caress by this idiot willingly going on TV to get interrogated to hell and give the sketchiest non-answers possible.

My favorite part of this one was where he claimed he was the victim of anti-Catholic bias led my Madeline Albright but when Matthews asked "Wait, what?" he kept saying "Its a long story, nevermind."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And run by Floor Shitter

What's this about

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FizFashizzle posted:

He is convinced he is a master spy who will cunningly talk his way out of this this time and put it all to rest.

Same reason Trump can't keep his idiot mouth shut.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

What's this about

Judging by his face, gamergate?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i think carter page might be totally innocent, but he's a total lunatic who wants to be part of something bigger.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Peachfart posted:

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. It's their views that you should poo poo on with all your might.
They really don't. But when you're a creepy fucker about Nazi women, you normalise being a creepy fucker to women in general, which affects non-Nazis as well. Same reason you don't use homophobic slurs to describe Milo, or racist slurs to describe Thomas.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/Heminator/status/871867139921240064

How-Not-To-Journalist.txt

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Sinteres posted:

That's the generous interpretation. It's probably the right one too, but there's obviously another one.

Nah, Greenwald is too transparent for anything else.

Not transparent in like an open and honest way. But in a zealot that is incapable of guile way.

Hes a broken clock with one hand stopped at "The US MIC/IC is evil" and the other at "The US MIC/IC is Hypercompetent".

He fundamentally can't realize that the IC hosed up and that maybe there are actors in the world with nastier poo poo in mind that catching a glimpse of your dick pics.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

pumpinglemma posted:

They really don't. But when you're a creepy fucker about Nazi women, you normalise being a creepy fucker to women in general, which affects non-Nazis as well. Same reason you don't use homophobic slurs to describe Milo, or racist slurs to describe Thomas.

I mean, I get what people are trying to say, but apoplexy didn't use misogynistic slurs against her.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

i think carter page might be totally innocent, but he's a total lunatic who wants to be part of something bigger.

Yeah, I think he's an attention whore that's gonna hilariously bumble his way into an indictment.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

theflyingorc posted:

What's this about

He's an alt right troll who has repeatedly falsified stories, paid off people to make false accusations, and doxxed victims and reporters. He was banned from Twitter for threatening Deray McKesson.

And supposedly he got wasted and fell asleep in a pile of his own poo poo on the floor in college or something.

FizFashizzle posted:

I think its entirely possible that Carter Page REALLY wants to do something illegal and covert but he's so stupid no one ever let him in on something. He might have a real argument for mental incompetence.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Discendo Vox posted:

Most of the non-Greenwald-Opinion-Piece reporting is pretty decent.

Usually

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Boon posted:

someone should set up a fake drive to take their money and then donate it to splc

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

every day i wish twitter would ban trump. i think it'd finally break him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

What's this about

He shat on the floor at a college party for lulz, and then I think tried to sue people for libel/slander but then dropped the case because it might have actually happened.

e:

Also finally got banned from twitter(a few years ago) after doxxing someone, but not for all the other regressive poo poo he was spewing.

Again twitter needs to burn.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 6, 2017

• Locked thread