Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Man, what the hell is wrong with Schwarber? his average is down to .165.....

Remember when the Twins thought it would be a good idea to make Miguel Sano an outfielder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Man, what the hell is wrong with Schwarber? his average is down to .165.....

I traded him for Matt Harvey, and the guy I traded with dropped Schwarber. I am close to doing the same with Harvey :saddowns:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

I traded him for Matt Harvey, and the guy I traded with dropped Schwarber. I am close to doing the same with Harvey :saddowns:

I drafted Harvey as a flier and I do not understand why anybody still has him rostered. Literally none of his peripherals are good.

5.43 ERA
6.00 FIP
5.04 xFIP
5.15 SIERA

35% hard hit. That's 5 whole points up from last season, and 9 points up from 2015.
11.3 BB%, up from 6.2% in 2016 and 4.9% in 2015.

His velocity is unchanged but there is nothing promising in any of the stats. His BABIP is down to .255 but that's only because he's at 1.92 HR/9.

Drop him. Drop him for a bag of loving balls. TJS is a sumbitch to come back from, but history tells us TOS is even worse and you're looking at it right now.

EDIT: Holy poo poo his O-swing % is down 10 points from last year.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 3, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Is Todd Frazier done? He's just sitting in the free agent pool and no ones touching him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I legit dropped him in the $20 league and my team is not v good so

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I confirm Re

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I legit dropped him in the $20 league and my team is not v good so

I can confirm Teemu's statement. His team is not very good.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Inspector_666 posted:

I drafted Harvey as a flier and I do not understand why anybody still has him rostered. Literally none of his peripherals are good.

5.43 ERA
6.00 FIP
5.04 xFIP
5.15 SIERA

35% hard hit. That's 5 whole points up from last season, and 9 points up from 2015.
11.3 BB%, up from 6.2% in 2016 and 4.9% in 2015.

His velocity is unchanged but there is nothing promising in any of the stats. His BABIP is down to .255 but that's only because he's at 1.92 HR/9.

Drop him. Drop him for a bag of loving balls. TJS is a sumbitch to come back from, but history tells us TOS is even worse and you're looking at it right now.

EDIT: Holy poo poo his O-swing % is down 10 points from last year.

Yeah, I know. He's the next guy gone if I need to make a roster move :sigh:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
With Harvey's struggles I am expecting nothing from Tyson Ross, but I figure he's worth a shot. My pitching has fallen apart with E-Rod and Wood going on the DL, Cole, Darvish and Hill unable to go six innings and Bumgarner permanently dead.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Drop Maeda for Brad Peacock? Peacock has been a strikeout machine, but I don't want to fall into the trap of overrating a bad SP who looks good out of the bullpen (like how people think Archie Bradley is a stud now based on 20 innings in relief).

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Drop Maeda for Brad Peacock? Peacock has been a strikeout machine, but I don't want to fall into the trap of overrating a bad SP who looks good out of the bullpen (like how people think Archie Bradley is a stud now based on 20 innings in relief).

I don't know if I'd drop Maeda for him, but I picked up Peacock. His K upside is pretty huge, and honestly I just trust Astros pitchers because the Houston offense can get them wins even if they let up like 10 ER.

I guess the question is: Can you deal with short outings (not that Maeda goes too deep) and how likely is it that somebody snaps Maeda up off the wire from you? If you can "stash" him on the wire, I'd go for it, because Peacock might clown the Rangers.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I have Healy, Alonso, and Lowrie who combined to crush today :peanut: Go Athletics!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Inspector_666 posted:

Peacock might clown the Rangers.

:smug:

Also I dropped Wacha for Lamet. His IPS is trending waaaay the wrong way, even if I set the ERA troubles aside.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Bedrosian is supposed to be back on Tuesday. Don't know if he'll be closer or not though.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

:smug:

Also I dropped Wacha for Lamet. His IPS is trending waaaay the wrong way, even if I set the ERA troubles aside.

ips?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Innings Per Start.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Time to look at the Draft Recap and kick myself for drafting Carlos Gonzalez instead of literally anyone taken after him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:same:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:yeah: but he hella streaky so I Believe

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

In my keeper league, the rest of my outfield is Springer, Dickerson, JDM, Polanco, Hamilton, and Haniger. So, as.long as Polanco isn't also terrible forever and Haniger comes back fine, I feel really good.

But on the other hand, my OF would be good without CarGo and I could've literally had anyone else

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 5, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rand alPaul posted:

Time to look at the Draft Recap and kick myself for drafting Carlos Gonzalez instead of literally anyone taken after him.

:lol: in the (effectively) third round of our dynasty league I took Matt Harvey and John Lackey

I also took Taillon in the "first" and dropped him because I thought he'd be out longer :negative:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Is Matt Carpenter a guy that historically takes a while to heat up? I'm about ready to drop him for Devon Travis.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

:lol: in the (effectively) third round of our dynasty league I took Matt Harvey and John Lackey

I also took Taillon in the "first" and dropped him because I thought he'd be out longer :negative:

8 of the 13 guys I drafted are no longer on my team. Really stellar drafting, here!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

resident posted:

Is Matt Carpenter a guy that historically takes a while to heat up? I'm about ready to drop him for Devon Travis.

I dropped him last night in my 8-teamer. I also dropped Cutch the other week, and Carlos Santana last night as well.

Having so few teams mean so many dudes are available (I now Have Avila, Alonso, Healy, and Smoak) so I am no longer prisoner of the auction price/ADP!

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

8 of the 13 guys I drafted are no longer on my team. Really stellar drafting, here!

I was sure Kevin Gausman would break out this year and do big things.

The only draft picks it feels like I got right were closers.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

matt carpenter is made for obp leagues. he's a stud there

either way, he is more than rosterable in avg leagues. babip way down, discipline still good, hard hit% still solid.

he'll be more than fine.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 6, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ryon Healy: The O stands for offense!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

:yeah: but he hella streaky so I Believe

Yeah he will blow up eventually. Right now it's frustrating because I need offense.

Inspector_666 posted:

He's going crazy right now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Inspector_666 posted:

I was so mad in April that I took him over Mike Moustakas but I'm over it.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Would you trade Jonathan Villar for Gerrit Cole? I'm pretty set at 2B, 3B, and SS (Altuve, Sano, and Trea Turner, respectively) and my pitching is hurting a little with Eduardo Rodriguez on the DL and whatever is going on with Verlander, although I just picked up Junior Guerra and Jimmy Nelson to go with Kluber, Archer, and Severino as my other SPs. For what it's worth, ESPN's rest of season rankings have it about even.

Edit: it's a standard Yahoo 12 team Roto league, no MI slot. Big thing is it would leave me with no backups at 3B and SS if Sano or Turner got hurt.

ElectricRelaxation fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 6, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Just turned Jason Vargas into JD Martinez. Thanks for that CGSO Jason! :thumbsup:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I want to pick up Jeff Hoffman who was a touted prospect and has come up and is doing pretty well. Seems like people haven't caught onto him yet and he's available in a lot of leagues :) Maybe it's the Colorado factor.

anyway I don't have anyone to drop though. What's people's opinion on Rougned Odor at this point? And Odor in a dynasty league since that might change things a bit

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'd keep Odor over a Rockies pitcher.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

do not drop Odor in a dynasty league...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm not starting Tanaka tonight so look forward to a 12k 1ER performance

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm not starting him either, but I expect a 12 ER 1k performance.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Murmur Twin posted:

I was so mad in April that I took him over Mike Moustakas but I'm over it.

I picked him up in April because I trusted the man with no neck

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

do not drop Odor in a dynasty league...
yeah I've been resisting doing that even though he's been my worst player all season long.

I'll keep staying strong, although it's worth noting I can only keep 5 dudes and he wouldn't be one of them at this point. (I'd rather keep probably all of Willson Contreras, Rizzo, Bregman, Billy Hamilton, Nelson Cruz, Berrios, Yu Darvish, Dylan Bundy over Odor if the season ended today)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fast Luck posted:

yeah I've been resisting doing that even though he's been my worst player all season long.

I traded Fulmer and Nelson Cruz for Odor D:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I've got Tanaka in my lineup, but if he gets annihilated again I might just drop. In my 10-teamer there are pitchers on the wire that I trust more than him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
then why is he in your lineup

• Locked thread