Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/MichaelAusiello/status/871788726950797312

Alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Over under on it being whitewashing set at 5.5

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So UNLV Football has a couple of shorts spoofing the "This is Sportscenter" ads and the ideas are ok, but the budget is lacking. Nice though I'm still sitting this season out

https://twitter.com/unlvfootball/status/864911678940471297

https://twitter.com/unlvfootball/status/871791034044370944

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

They are going to downplay the gently caress out of his involvement.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Can there be a Twin Peaks crossover?

THE RED ROOM, PATERNO & ADMINS CONFRONT SANDUSKY

IN UNISON (SUBTITLED)
Give us our garmonbozia

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
IS IT FOOTBALL SEAAOSN YET TOLL FUCKIBG TIDE

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That offense you like is going to come back in style

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

iospace posted:

5.5 rapes?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Zone read? gently caress yeah!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

General Dog posted:

:swoon: wishbone :swoon:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

General Dog posted:

Mike Bobo got re-hired as OC at UGA??

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Cougs vs. Cougs in 2019 and 2020 as Washington State plays Houston.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

iospace posted:

Gonna need some units here, my man

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frinkahedron posted:

Gonna need some units here, my man

:thejoke:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Oh man :aaaaa:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

I think it's based on that awful Posnaski book so...yeah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

I think it's based on that awful Posnaski book so...yeah

:ughh:

And start the clock for the next campus to have some poo poo like this come out, because no one seems to learn.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I'm still waiting for Joe Pa slash fics

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'm hoping we get a wild back-and-forth OT game as both sides try to Coog/Coug It simultaneously.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

iospace posted:

:ughh:

And start the clock for the next campus to have some poo poo like this come out, because no one seems to learn.

didnt it already happen again at Michigan state?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FizFashizzle posted:

didnt it already happen again at Michigan state?

It did, but I was implying someone after them.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

all-Rush mixtape posted:

A series I can get behind (and then come back during the second half)

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 6, 2017

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Arrest Warrants signed for MSU players, Donnie Corley, Josh King, and Demetric Vance. Charged with Sexual Assault.

Details look really bad

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2017/06/michigan_states_donnie_corley_1.html

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Regnevelc posted:

Arrest Warrants signed for MSU players, Donnie Corley, Josh King, and Demetric Vance. Charged with Sexual Assault.

Details look really bad

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2017/06/michigan_states_donnie_corley_1.html

Dantonio just dismissed all 3. Apparently the law firm report on what happened indicated that Dantonio and the Athletic Department complied with university policy and at least followed procedure, so this at least isn't a Briles-level shitshow.

Considering Auston Robertson got charged recently as well and the sheer number of arrests the report listed, this is a really bad look regardless.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Details look really bad

TheGreyGhost posted:

Dantonio just dismissed all 3. Apparently the law firm report on what happened indicated that Dantonio and the Athletic Department complied with university policy and at least followed procedure, so this at least isn't a Briles-level shitshow.

Considering Auston Robertson got charged recently as well and the sheer number of arrests the report listed, this is a really bad look regardless.

Yeah, my understanding of the law firm's report showed that MSU did what they were supposed to do when they learned the info and didn't try to sweep anything under the rug. lovely that it happened at all, but props for MSU for seemingly doing what was needed.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah, my understanding of the law firm's report showed that MSU did what they were supposed to do when they learned the info and didn't try to sweep anything under the rug. lovely that it happened at all, but props for MSU for seemingly doing what was needed.

It should have never happened, but yeah...

Though I wonder how much the backlash at Baylor and PSU has to deal with it.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

This looks terrible and MSU deserves to take poo poo for who they recruited, but I think the comparisons between MSU and Baylor / Penn State are unfair. MSU hired an independent investigator, suspended players shortly after the fact and kept them suspended through the investigation, complied fully with the investigation (as far as we know), publicly disclosed those collected facts, and dismissed those players without regard to how it impacts the football team because it was the right thing to do. I don't know if it could've been done faster, but it appears to have done correctly which is more important.

MSU's dropped/lost drat near all of their 2016 recruiting class for sexual assaults, racial slurs, physical violence, and poor academic records...which is what you'd want them to do. The galling things about Baylor and Penn State was that both actively chose to cover up and trade off basic human respect for future wins. MSU's fully tanked this season and probably isn't coming back to .500 for a while, and I'm more than good with that if the alternative meant holding onto those guys.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is the current MSU player sex assault thing independent of the creepy doctor they had? Because the doctor was way worse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is the current MSU player sex assault thing independent of the creepy doctor they had? Because the doctor was way worse.

Yeah this is just, well 'just' a sexual assault. The doctor was systematically abusing gymnasts across the nation for like 20 years.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yeah, creepy doctor guy was a completely unrelated thing. Great PR for the school all around.

Corley and King were the two biggest gets of that recruiting class. Good job loving that up you dipshits.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I think Sparty just fired an assistant for... it was either sexually assaulting or stalking a girlfriend too.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Even before this current incident MSU under Dantonio has had a history of being extremely lax when it came to player discipline stuff. The one that jumps out to me because Iowa was involved is Chris Rucker almost literally going straight from jail back to the field without any sort of suspension (which resulted in a blowout loss that is one of the few times I can remember Ferentz actively trying to run up the score), but there are bunch of others

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Ole Miss is planning on fighting the NCAA over the allegations and will be challenging them :munch: this should get good soon

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is the NCAA ever going to bring the hammer down on Baylor?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spacebump posted:

*looks at penn state*

You tell me.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
turns out ole miss is a bunch of dirty rotten cheaters. who knew?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Spacebump posted:

Nope. Considering all sanctions against Penn State were essentially rescinded. And a Trump DOJ won't as well.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
4 of the Ole Miss violations came from Houston Nutt. The dude cheated and still had a 10 - 22 conference record at ole miss

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
Freeze is going to get show caused:

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/status/872174647881732097

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Even before this current incident MSU under Dantonio has had a history of being extremely lax when it came to player discipline stuff. The one that jumps out to me because Iowa was involved is Chris Rucker almost literally going straight from jail back to the field without any sort of suspension (which resulted in a blowout loss that is one of the few times I can remember Ferentz actively trying to run up the score), but there are bunch of others

Winston went from jail to the starting lineup after essentially paralyzing that kid. A kid transferred to Houston after MSU didn't tell them about some sexual assault stuff (I think it was that).

To be fair, those instances have lessened quite a bit recently due to better talent coming in and not having to take a lot of character concern kids on. I don't think anyone saw this from the trio that was just popped. Austin Robertson though? That wasn't surprising.

• Locked thread