Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Furnaceface posted:

How is the Blues fan so much more salty than every Hawks fan here combined when our team was the one swept while being held to 3(!) loving goals?

Also if the Preds win I end up with a very terrifying av, so go Pens.

My guess is winning a few cups probably took the sting out of that 1st round knockout while the Blues keep tripping over themselves year after year.

Which is weird because RAS was pretty chill after getting knocked out by the Sens while having the same yearly results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Because Chicago has had three cups from which to quench their mouths and wash away the film of sodium deposits and St. Louis' mouth just keeps getting more and more parched and crystalized.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJcwhZsWKPM

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

My guess is winning a few cups probably took the sting out of that 1st round knockout while the Blues keep tripping over themselves year after year.

Which is weird because RAS was pretty chill after getting knocked out by the Sens while having the same yearly results.

I think acceptance has just set in

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

bewbies posted:

well you just remember Job 24:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQVkq0HJGWI

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Furnaceface posted:

How is the Blues fan so much more salty than every Hawks fan here combined when our team was the one swept while being held to 3(!) loving goals?

Also if the Preds win I end up with a very terrifying av, so go Pens.

3 cups in the last decade makes up for a lot of early round losses I think

efb

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

awww :rip: pooh bear av

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

As if we didn't need another reason to love the Preds:
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/6/5/15742508/nashville-predators-catfish-shirts-instrument-of-a-crime

https://twitter.com/Sean_Leahy/status/871814846978936833

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
May be wishful thinking, but I'm thinking that home ice means more than usual this series because the Preds' top two defensive pairings are so good. Much easier to get Crosby or Malkin minutes against the third pairing at home.

Also, for someone leading the league in goals, it sure seems like Jake has whiffed on a ton of quality chances in every round.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Little Kielbasa posted:

May be wishful thinking, but I'm thinking that home ice means more than usual this series because the Preds' top two defensive pairings are so good. Much easier to get Crosby or Malkin minutes against the third pairing at home.

Also, for someone leading the league in goals, it sure seems like Jake has whiffed on a ton of quality chances in every round.

Aren't all 4 GWGs so far held by just two people?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

what's that pokemons name

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

sean10mm posted:

He gave $10 million to a children's hospital not too long ago, and does so much for charity that Canada awarded him a medal.

And yet the Montreal Canadiens organization did not see fit to give him their annual 'best community service contribution' award.

Nice

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

mastershakeman posted:

3 cups in the last decade makes up for a lot of early round losses I think

efb

I had a rough night the Hawks got swept, but I moved on to accepting it pretty quickly because the Predators played so well that night and because this crick I've got in my neck from sleeping with three Stanley Cup Commemorative DVDs under my pillow prevents me from looking up to see anything on TV at the bars. (also because Nashville is really cool and awesome and I'm rooting for them all the way). I'm just glad street trash like St Louis or Anaheim didn't represent the West this year, it would've been a bummer to see either of those bad teams get swept by the Penguins.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The Preds are cool because they reminded me hockey is supposed to be fun and not an 82-part tragedy played out over six months.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
The only bummer about these finals is that so many Preds picked up injuries against the goony + completely unskilled Ducks and Blues.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

And yet the Montreal Canadiens organization did not see fit to give him their annual 'best community service contribution' award.

That's because he didn't do it all at once. It's like a million a year over 10 years.

A real pillar of the community would have done it in one shot.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

funny Star Wars parody posted:

even detroit is better than st louis :laugh:

:( I hope this is not true.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Duckman2008 posted:

St. Louis is better per se, but factoring in the surrounding suburbs Detroit is superior.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit's food scene is infinitely better than St. Louis unless your diet restricts you to nothing but fried ravioli and sugary marinara.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Is that shirt available online anywhere?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm honestly surprised that you guys have never seen the horn blown in the middle of a game before. It happened a bunch of seasons ago in another Preds game. Shea Weber made a shot that looked like it went in but it ended up behind the goal somehow. The horn got blown a few minutes later. The officials looked at the replays for a couple of minutes then went and inspected the net. Weber had shot the puck so hard that it burned through the net. There were scorch marks around the hole.

So it took a few minutes for them to replace the goal, then they had to put five or six minutes back on the clock. It was awesome. It's a good thing no one got a goal during that few minutes; it's my understanding that they would have had to roll back the score too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

...! posted:

I'm honestly surprised that you guys have never seen the horn blown in the middle of a game before. It happened a bunch of seasons ago in another Preds game. Shea Weber made a shot that looked like it went in but it ended up behind the goal somehow. The horn got blown a few minutes later. The officials looked at the replays for a couple of minutes then went and inspected the net. Weber had shot the puck so hard that it burned through the net. There were scorch marks around the hole.

So it took a few minutes for them to replace the goal, then they had to put five or six minutes back on the clock. It was awesome. It's a good thing no one got a goal during that few minutes; it's my understanding that they would have had to roll back the score too.

This requires video evidence.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Naw I totally remember that poo poo happening. Pretty sure the horn didn't sound until there was a puck stoppage, as has been the rule up until recently.

Edit: turns out it was an Olympic hockey game.

https://youtu.be/wRdKNO_JubY

Captain Internet fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 6, 2017

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

yellowcar posted:

awww :rip: pooh bear av

rip

iospace posted:

Aren't all 4 GWGs so far held by just two people?

Yeah, Gaudreau and Guentzel.

reach42 posted:

this crick I've got in my neck from sleeping with three Stanley Cup Commemorative DVDs under my pillow prevents me from looking up to see anything on TV at the bars.

I loled at that "sly" brag.

Duckman2008 posted:

So I grew up in Nashville and lived there BG,KY, and Knoxville until I completed grad school. I recently moved to Detroit about 7 months ago, but I've spent a bit of time in St. Louis visiting friends over the years. Detroit is on the rise and I can say that Detroit > St. Louis. The suburbs, particularly north and slightly northwest of the city are great.

And I can't bring myself to cheer for the Wings at all. However, I am planning to see a number of Windsor Spitfires games next season. I totally forgot about them until the last couple weeks and was sad I missed all the opportunities I had to see them this season.

Benson Cunningham posted:

Is that shirt available online anywhere?

I bought this one similar shirt Thursday and it came from TN to my Detroit-area home Saturday. I wore it last night and we won, so I'll be wearing it this Thursday night, too.

Edit: link

Siroc fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 6, 2017

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Since I'm sure Sullivan is an avid reader of SAS looking for hockey mans advice, I'm just going to throw this out there...

Maybe, just maybe, it's time for Ruhwhedle to play and let Hainsey sit for a bit.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Isn't Ruhwedel out with hotbrain?

Streit would be better than Hainsey though. A forward would be better than Hainsey for that matter.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I think the last change is unusually important for this reason plus the Penguins' bottomsecond (no seriously, they got more ice time than Daley, by far) defensive pairing being extraordinarily terrible.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Since I'm sure Sullivan is an avid reader of SAS looking for hockey mans advice, I'm just going to throw this out there...

Maybe, just maybe, it's time for Ruhwhedle to play and let Hainsey sit for a bit.

Start MAF

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Xtanstic posted:

Start MAF
Hey, MAF on the blue line. Maybe he will finally get that goal he craves so much.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Levitate posted:

what's that pokemons name

Whiscash

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i dont know what st louis is like, but it must be pretty terrible to be worse than detroit. the suburbs are poo poo and boring as gently caress. MI as a whole is a pretty nice state but seriously gently caress winter. i have no love for winter.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Gio posted:

i dont know what st louis is like, but it must be pretty terrible to be worse than detroit. the suburbs are poo poo and boring as gently caress. MI as a whole is a pretty nice state but seriously gently caress winter. i have no love for winter.

East St. Louis is pretty much a mini-Detroit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

Which is technically Illinois, so it's not even the "real" St. Louis' fault!

We have the very best crime here in the land of lincoln.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Infidel Castro posted:

oh i'm sure. every major city has a poo poo area to keep their historically disadvantaged minority populations. detroit proper is basically a festering shithole, recent development/gentrification not withstanding, and the suburbs are pretty boring. again, cant speak for st louis.

theres definitely a lot of other U.S cities that adopted the "endless gridded suburbs and strip malls" approach to long term growth.

Gio fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 7, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Isn't Ruhwedel out with hotbrain?
Nah apparently he's been fine for a while now

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Infidel Castro posted:

St. Louis is better per se, but factoring in the surrounding suburbs Detroit is superior.

i am the bird posted:

Detroit's food scene is infinitely better than St. Louis unless your diet restricts you to nothing but fried ravioli and sugary marinara.

Downtown detroit is suddenly extremely nice and crammed full of people, and yeah the restaurants here are absolutely fantastic. lots of cultural variety too, great arabic, indian, japanese, and korean places plus great american places as well. The suburbs like Ferndale, Royal Oak, and Birmingham seal the deal :3:

edit: i should note that i lived in Sydney and Oslo and Detroit is pretty ok comparatively. Cheaper, downside is no ocean nearby and no good fresh seafood

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

birmingham is for old rich white people.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gio posted:

birmingham is for old rich white people.

Have u been downtown recently? It's pretty nice though very pricey compare to RO or FD

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

achillesforever6 posted:

Nah apparently he's been fine for a while now

:psyduck:

It's just beyond belief to me that Sullivan would rather lose the Stanley Cup Finals than offend a Proven Veteran who has Earned It.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Everyone forget about that dumb shirt. This is the good shirt: http://shop.nhl.com/Nashville_Predators_Gear/Mens_Nashville_Predators_PK_Subban_Reebok_Gold_Front_Player_Graphic_T-Shirt

• Locked thread