Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone on PS4 confirmed that the game is making GBS threads itself less?

Last night I only got one game in.

vvv lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Anyone played with the patch on PS4 yet to confirm the wait times are more reasonable? I "played" for like 3 hours last night but an entire hour of that was waiting around.

Edit: Beaten by Chad

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so heard good things and want to play with goons. pengun1o1 on ps4.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

On Ps4 it took no more then 5 minutes for me to get into a match about an hour ago. I saw someone in the lobby with the Savini skin so that's working.

You'll have to set up all your perks and clothing again. I also had a "Connection timed out" on my 3rd rematch so that's still happening.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
OMG I NEED MY CHAD TO BE KILLED BY SAVINI JASON.

gently caress you, "employment".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

You should strive never to escape as Jarvis. Jarvis should always be killed by Jason. You shouldn't really even die heroically, the Tommy from the movies would never be able to pull that off. Immediately run to Jason, deliver a one-liner, shoot him, get killed. That's it, job done.

I always roleplay Tommy as hilariously incompetent.

Haha yeah, me too, "role" play...

My favorite Tommy round was in a pub game, somehow after about ten minutes the last two people managed to find the radio and I got respawned in, right next to the police exit. I radioed "Hey do you guys know my cousin Chad?" and ran right back out, total turnaround was about 15 seconds.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

McSpanky posted:

Haha yeah, me too, "role" play...

My favorite Tommy round was in a pub game, somehow after about ten minutes the last two people managed to find the radio and I got respawned in, right next to the police exit. I radioed "Hey do you guys know my cousin Chad?" and ran right back out, total turnaround was about 15 seconds.

I only have a slightly better one just for how effective it was.

I was there for twice the amount of time, 30 seconds, but it was to pop in and save a car full of people and then ride out with them.

Still might be my finest moment in the game

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
My favorite was running to the cops after shooting Jason, respawning near the exit, and shooting camping Jason again.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My favorite Tommy round was escaping in the 4 seat car by myself as Chad, coming back as Tommy right as the police show up to near my spawn, and running out in under a minute. Tommu possessed by Chad!

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

The Savini skin is 5.99 on the NA Psn store. I just bought it. The devs are saying its a mistake.

I think its available in other regions as well.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

The Savini skin is 5.99 on the NA Psn store. I just bought it. The devs are saying its a mistake.

I think its available in other regions as well.

This is hilarious, I just bought it too. It wouldn't be nearly as funny if this wasn't only like a week after that letter they put out.

Edit: Sure enough, its showing up in my Jason customization menu too.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Basebf555 posted:

This is hilarious, I just bought it too. It wouldn't be nearly as funny if this wasn't only like a week after that letter they put out.

Very true about the letter. I just checked Steam, neither the Savini skin or the clothing pack :negative:

Good for the PSBros tho.

So what does this mean though, it has a set price and everything, so was it unintentional or just a timing mistake?

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 7, 2017

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Very true about the letter. I just checked Steam, neither the Savini skin or the clothing pack :negative:

Good for the PSBros tho.

So what does this mean though, it has a set price and everything, so was it unintentional or just a timing mistake?

It does seem unusual that they would have had all of that set up on the backend already, given how strongly they feel about never releasing Savini Jason to non-backers. Maybe they flip-flopped at some point.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Either way its bad, because if they planned to release it at a later date it still goes completely against what they said in the letter.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It seems the devs said Sony made an illegal decision to put it up. If you are the PS crowd, you better buy it before it gets removed.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Scalding Coffee posted:

It seems the devs said Sony made an illegal decision to put it up. If you are the PS crowd, you better buy it before it gets removed.

What :psyduck:

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
drat, don't know why I thought it was a good idea to play this game on a Tuesday.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It was supposed to be some voucher allotment.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So we had just started up a lovely game where I got to be Part 8 Jason, and almost immediately the cops are called the one time I decide not to go to the phone ASAP and Duster is running around trying to distract me while I ignore him, and a positively rude gentleman shoots me from behind

And then steam crashes before we could see that clusterfuck through

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Suck on my Savini Jason, PC Gaming ASSTURD Race.

:smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hey, they've already issued like four apologies in only a few weeks, might as well make it five.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

This is what they said on their forum.

GunMedia_Ben posted:

We yelled at Sony the moment we found out. This was never supposed to happen, and we set this up with both Sony Europe and Sony America, both of which confirmed and assured that this would not happen. 

I don't know what to say other than this sucks and was completely unforeseen, but we've made motions to get the skin removed as quickly as possible. Looking at the messages and acknowledgements now. There is literally nothing more we could have done, and we got Sony on the horn less than a minute after tweets started coming our way. 

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
It's clearly a long con to make people buy a skin that they think will be exclusive as fast as possible.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005
Does PSN use non-personalized keys? If so, buy buy buy sell sell sell

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Does this thing with Sony break any EU laws?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

:smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog::smug::smugdog:

I got Savini Jason on Day 1 with my game code on XBox...

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
I dunno, sounds like a marketing scheme to help suppress the ongoing crying matches people are having about not having access to gameplay content (since it's slightly more than just a skin), while at the same time creating the illusion that they're adhering to their word about it's exclusivity.

Happy I got it now, though!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hockles posted:

I got Savini Jason on Day 1 with my game code on XBox...

:respek:

Thank you for your sacrifice.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I've noticed that Packanack Lodge seems to be the first place Jason checks... If I get unlucky and spawn right in front of the lodge, sometimes I'll end up being chased by Jason literally within 10 seconds of starting a match!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Polo-Rican posted:

I've noticed that Packanack Lodge seems to be the first place Jason checks... If I get unlucky and spawn right in front of the lodge, sometimes I'll end up being chased by Jason literally within 10 seconds of starting a match!

I have a perk where I start with firecrackers, so situations like that work in my favor now. A Jason that comes at me early without shift available is just free xp as far as I'm concerned.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

All but one counselor escape, the last one is 3 feet from the cops...

Your connection has timed out.

:suicide:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I bought the savini skin, gently caress yeah. Anyone actually salty about it can just eat my rear end get rekt.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Could someone link me to the listing for the skin? I can't find it on the store.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Man do i buy this game on PS4 to play with many goons or do i buy this game on Xbone where there are fewer goons but i could possibly convince some friends to play this with me

such choices :sigh:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Man do i buy this game on PS4 to play with many goons or do i buy this game on Xbone where there are fewer goons but i could possibly convince some friends to play this with me

such choices :sigh:

It's lonely on the Bone. Come be my friend. :unsmith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress its down already, says I'm not allowed to view it. :negative:

ALWAYS WHEN I'M IN CLASS. :argh:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Alteisen posted:

same, i am so sad.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm getting freaked out reactions from people in the lobby when they see my Jason icon, they have no idea what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Alteisen posted:

What a shame.

• Locked thread